Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One of the problems with masks 09:34 - Jul 18 with 1249 viewsGuthrum

Is that they have been portrayed as an issue of "freedom", far outweighing the very minor inconvenience of carrying and wearing one for 90% of the population*.

Rather than a fact of life for the forseeable future, which would be a more responsible approach.

After all, car seatbelts weren't imposed as a temporary measure, with a promise of being relaxed once the death rates had come down enough.

* There will always be some exemptions, mostly on medical grounds.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

One of the problems with masks on 09:40 - Jul 18 with 1205 viewsElderGrizzly

The same in the US. The mask wearing and vaccine has been made a political tool for the left/right with the ‘further to the right’ seeing it as a “muzzle” etc

It appears political views this side of the pond appear to be following a similar pattern too. See the CRG
One of the problems with masks on 10:17 - Jul 18 with 1146 viewsunstableblue

Expert on the radio Sam Yates this morning that a well fitted 3 layer mask (that’s the blue disposable ones) have typically a 60% success rate in stopping airborne droplet Covid transfer, which how 80% of Covid is contracted

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

One of the problems with masks on 10:23 - Jul 18 with 1122 viewsOldsmoker

Freedom Day is a very good soundbite for all sorts of reasons.
It reminds me of the times when I see a car coming down the slip road of a motorway at speed and the drivers target is the outside lane regardless of their safety and anyone elses.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

One of the problems with masks on 10:26 - Jul 18 with 1112 viewsElderGrizzly

One of the problems with masks on 10:17 - Jul 18 by unstableblue

Expert on the radio Sam Yates this morning that a well fitted 3 layer mask (that’s the blue disposable ones) have typically a 60% success rate in stopping airborne droplet Covid transfer, which how 80% of Covid is contracted

Yeah, but it’s a muzzle and impinges on my freedom or something
One of the problems with masks on 10:29 - Jul 18 with 1098 viewsEwan_Oozami

There's a strong Anchorman vibe around that stat...
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 10:29]

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

It’s made with bits of real panther… on 10:35 - Jul 18 with 1078 viewsBloots

One of the problems with masks on 10:29 - Jul 18 by Ewan_Oozami

There's a strong Anchorman vibe around that stat...
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 10:29]

…..so you know it’s good.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

One of the problems with masks on 10:44 - Jul 18 with 1062 viewsOldsmoker

I think this 'expert' is one of those who prompted the phrase "We've had enough of experts".

This is from the most detailed report I found and keep going back to.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7883189/

Wearing a mask stops 95% of your aerosols (droplets of germs) leaving your mouth.
However, if you wear a mask and someone with Covid is standing in front of you and talking to you and they're are not wearing a mask then the mask you are wearing is about 75% effective. Wearing glasses helps in these instances.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

One of the problems with masks on 10:51 - Jul 18 with 1035 viewsBlueBadger

In a year and a bit of massive Pandemic Lies, 'we have to learn to live with it' is the most pernicious, disengunous, dangerous and irresponsible lie so far.

We don't just accept road deaths, accidents at work, illness through easily preventable diseases, etc, etc by just letting them happen.
We 'learn to live with them' by taking steps to mitigate against them.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 11:12]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

One of the problems with masks on 11:03 - Jul 18 with 996 viewsBlueBadger

One of the problems with masks on 10:51 - Jul 18 by BlueBadger

In a year and a bit of massive Pandemic Lies, 'we have to learn to live with it' is the most pernicious, disengunous, dangerous and irresponsible lie so far.

We don't just accept road deaths, accidents at work, illness through easily preventable diseases, etc, etc by just letting them happen.

Meanwhile, a government bill was quietly passed in the week we removes a significant amount of oversight of Efficient Private Sector involvement in healthcare provision.

If I were of a conspiracist mindset, I'd suggest that the current approach to the pandemic is designed to set the NHS up for failure and thus, an excuse for 'reform'.

By pure coincidence, the new health secretary has significant private healthcare interests.

https://www.private-eye.co.uk/news

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

One of the problems with masks on 13:45 - Jul 18 with 891 viewsThisIsMyUsername

One of the problems with masks on 10:51 - Jul 18 by BlueBadger

Remember the days when you could go to an event, leisure activity or into a coffee shop etc and not have to worry about where your mask is, or having to be corralled to enter the building through a certain route, being told where you can and cannot go or sit, and X amount of other adaptations to anything that you wish to do?

Will we ever know those days again*, or is everything going to remain long-term so forcibly sterile and 'safe', 'because of Covid'?

*if so, when do we think? 1 year from now? 2? 5? 10?

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

One of the problems with masks on 18:10 - Jul 18 with 748 viewsNthsuffolkblue

One of the problems with masks on 13:45 - Jul 18 by ThisIsMyUsername

Remember the days when you could go to an event, leisure activity or into a coffee shop etc and not have to worry about where your mask is, or having to be corralled to enter the building through a certain route, being told where you can and cannot go or sit, and X amount of other adaptations to anything that you wish to do?

Will we ever know those days again*, or is everything going to remain long-term so forcibly sterile and 'safe', 'because of Covid'?

If things do return to normal, normal will seem very strange for some considerable time.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

One of the problems with masks on 18:17 - Jul 18 with 727 viewsMullet

Corralled. Seats. Others. How are you going to cope at a game?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

One of the problems with masks on 20:01 - Jul 18 with 637 viewssolomon

It’s here for good, probably far more dangerous variants around the corner soon, the way we have our hand around the planets throat I’m betting Mother Nature has decided it’s us that’s the virus and is taking decisive action.
One of the problems with masks on 20:22 - Jul 18 with 607 viewsThisIsMyUsername

One of the problems with masks on 18:17 - Jul 18 by Mullet

Corralled. Seats. Others. How are you going to cope at a game?

I probably won't be going to many unfortunately so it's all fine from that perspective.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

One of the problems with masks on 20:30 - Jul 18 with 585 viewswkj

For people without valid reasons for exemption, the most truthful and sinister thing about wearing masks is that they're annoying and sometimes uncomfortable. To make it out as anything worse than that is stupidity of the highest order.

That is my opinion.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

One of the problems with masks on 20:41 - Jul 18 with 563 viewseireblue

Isn’t politely queuing for things, something English people were supposed to be very good at?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024