Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not been on here today but is the gist... 00:18 - Aug 31 with 2639 viewstractorboy1978

People are moaning because we now potentially have too many good players? Classic TWTD.
Not been on here today but is the gist... on 02:36 - Aug 31 with 2076 viewsIllinoisblue

And it will only get worse… things always get feisty on international break. Throw in a woeful start on the back of last season’s circus and there’ll be flouncing and blubbing like never before for the next couple weeks.

Football eh, bloody hell.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 08:21 - Aug 31 with 1812 viewsArnieM

Exactly ! An element of this Club’s fan base are a bloody joke tbh. All they ever want to do it seems I’d MOAN, pull the club down with constant negativity, almost willing the Club to fail. It pisses me off and makes supporting this Club through this CONSTANT NEGATIVITY a real downer.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 08:24 - Aug 31 with 1801 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

There were several on here not so long ago panicking that we didn't have enough good players, worrying we might not sign any more. Now they're panicking that we have too many.

This place is hilarious.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 08:32 - Aug 31 with 1774 viewsOsborneOneNil

Yep, precisely. Upset we have a squad of quality, it’s not right, they can’t all stay happy. Etc etc.

Incredible.
Not been on here today but is the gist... on 08:34 - Aug 31 with 1767 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Where are they moaning? Or is this one of those posts moaning about non-existent moaning?
Not been on here today but is the gist... on 08:36 - Aug 31 with 1762 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 08:34 - Aug 31 by BlueBlueBluex2

Where are they moaning? Or is this one of those posts moaning about non-existent moaning?

Theres been plenty of moaning. But there's been no 'Cook out'

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 08:40 - Aug 31 with 1723 viewsITFCBlues

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 08:24 - Aug 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

There were several on here not so long ago panicking that we didn't have enough good players, worrying we might not sign any more. Now they're panicking that we have too many.

This place is hilarious.

Quite. The squad size despite all the business is way smaller than last season. We've added plenty of quality and yet people still feel the need to moan about everything.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 08:42 - Aug 31 with 1727 viewsbobbyramsey

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 08:36 - Aug 31 by Cheltenham_Blue

Theres been plenty of moaning. But there's been no 'Cook out'

Yet.....
Login to get fewer ads

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 08:42 - Aug 31 with 1719 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 08:24 - Aug 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

This place is hilarious.

Not really true though is it?

Most people were concerned that we had signed a number of attacking players but weren’t getting reinforcements in key areas early enough, namely defence. And now we are 5 games into the season, sat in the bottom 4 and have conceded 2 a game…

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 08:48 - Aug 31 with 1686 viewsbobbyramsey

Oh sh!t!! We've just signed another brilliant player.....
Not been on here today but is the gist... on 09:13 - Aug 31 with 1644 viewsitfcjoe

No, it's mainly people projecting black and white opinions on to every one else

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 10:11 - Aug 31 with 1542 viewslegoman

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 08:21 - Aug 31 by ArnieM

Exactly ! An element of this Club’s fan base are a bloody joke tbh. All they ever want to do it seems I’d MOAN, pull the club down with constant negativity, almost willing the Club to fail. It pisses me off and makes supporting this Club through this CONSTANT NEGATIVITY a real downer.

Although these numpties do allow us to retaliate and fly our flags and feel part of the clever club!

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 10:19 - Aug 31 with 1496 viewsHerbivore

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 09:13 - Aug 31 by itfcjoe

Precisely this.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 10:23 - Aug 31 with 1481 viewstractorboy1978

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 09:13 - Aug 31 by itfcjoe

There seems to be a lot of opinions on here that are the darkest shade of grey at the moment.

Points wise it hasn't been a good start but I think people need to take a step back and relax a bit. We have two weeks on the training ground, we need to make a few tweaks, work on the formation/organisation. We have the best squad of individuals in the division and 41 games left to play.
Not been on here today but is the gist... on 10:43 - Aug 31 with 1443 viewsitfcjoe

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 10:23 - Aug 31 by tractorboy1978

There seems to be a lot of opinions on here that are the darkest shade of grey at the moment.

Points wise it hasn't been a good start but I think people need to take a step back and relax a bit. We have two weeks on the training ground, we need to make a few tweaks, work on the formation/organisation. We have the best squad of individuals in the division and 41 games left to play.

And that is what most people are saying

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 10:44 - Aug 31 with 1431 viewsgordon

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 08:21 - Aug 31 by ArnieM

Loving the positivity here.
We had the best squad of individuals.... on 10:53 - Aug 31 with 1387 viewsBloots

....in the division with 46 games left to play.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 14:16 - Aug 31 with 1283 viewsstonojnr

though the best squads of individuals dont always make good teams.

but I think the bigger issue will actually just be trying to keep them all happy,its great having so many good players, but we can only play 11 on the pitch at a time.

so its going to come down to how good Cooks man management is, that based on last season isnt of the McCarthy the players adore him style at least, though maybe not as confrontational as the Hurst/Doig combo.
It’s like a Farrow and Ball colour called ‘Almost Black’ on 14:27 - Aug 31 with 1263 viewsunstableblue

No ones actually saying they think Cook won’t make it and isn’t good enough, but it’s what they think even after the guy has had 5 games with a brand new squad.

Aluko, no wins, a glass jaw confidence amongst the players demands questions… but not the underlying vibe a lost of people are desperately trying to hide.

I mean can you believe there is negativity about signing this guy:

Who Dijon fans say was their best player in the French top league.

Come on !!

We just need a feckin win

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 14:35 - Aug 31 with 1231 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 08:42 - Aug 31 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Not really true though is it?

Most people were concerned that we had signed a number of attacking players but weren’t getting reinforcements in key areas early enough, namely defence. And now we are 5 games into the season, sat in the bottom 4 and have conceded 2 a game…

No, it's literally true. People were panicking earlier in the window that we didn't have enough players if we didn't manage to get any more. Nothing to do with concerns over any particular area at that stage.

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 14:45 - Aug 31 with 1202 viewsitfcjoe

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 14:35 - Aug 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

No, it's literally true. People were panicking earlier in the window that we didn't have enough players if we didn't manage to get any more. Nothing to do with concerns over any particular area at that stage.

People were saying that when we had 11 players at the start of pre season things weren't going to plan.

They were mocked for it.

Now 5 games into the season, with no wins, we are being told that the players need more time to gel.

Shouldn't be too difficult to unpick why those 2 things may interact with each other

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 14:47 - Aug 31 with 1183 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 14:35 - Aug 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

No, they weren’t, people were commenting about the influx of attackers and not plugging gaps in other areas. For example:

Puzzling. by OriginalMarkyP 6 Aug 2021 17:07
We've signed one defender. Whose crocked.

Some midfielders.

And 10 million forwards.

It smacks of someone doing a supermarket sweep and getting all excited and filling their trolley with Mars Bars and forgetting to grab any steaks.

We did have a few posts in early July about needing to get players in quicker, but at no point was anyone thinking we wouldn’t get any more. Again the worry was that without getting them in early it would be harder to hit the ground running - which again has proven correct

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 14:48 - Aug 31 with 1177 viewstimothyeo

Interesting. I remember we only had 11 fit players and me and others pointed out this wasn't great for the start of the season but you accused us of flouncing.

Looking at the start weve made, I reckon I was right.

You've also been much quieter in your Cook defending which was Makin levels of silly only a few weeks ago..
Not been on here today but is the gist... on 14:54 - Aug 31 with 1150 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 14:45 - Aug 31 by itfcjoe

People were saying that when we had 11 players at the start of pre season things weren't going to plan.

They were mocked for it.

Now 5 games into the season, with no wins, we are being told that the players need more time to gel.

Shouldn't be too difficult to unpick why those 2 things may interact with each other

What are you talking about? People were saying the team would need time to gel right from the start of finding out we were getting a whole new team. And this has nothing to do with my point anyway. My point is people were panicking about lack of signings, now they're panicking that we have too many and we can't keep them all happy.

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 14:57 - Aug 31 with 1129 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Not been on here today but is the gist... on 14:47 - Aug 31 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

No, they weren’t, people were commenting about the influx of attackers and not plugging gaps in other areas. For example:

Puzzling. by OriginalMarkyP 6 Aug 2021 17:07
We've signed one defender. Whose crocked.

Some midfielders.

And 10 million forwards.

It smacks of someone doing a supermarket sweep and getting all excited and filling their trolley with Mars Bars and forgetting to grab any steaks.

We did have a few posts in early July about needing to get players in quicker, but at no point was anyone thinking we wouldn’t get any more. Again the worry was that without getting them in early it would be harder to hit the ground running - which again has proven correct

Yes they were. Posting one link to someone saying something different does prove anything. I could equally go back and find posts backing my point if I had the time or inclination.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024