Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pre Season X 2 14:24 - Aug 6 with 2002 viewschrismakin

Realistically our pre season starts Monday doesn't it

99% of the transfers done by that point, everyone training. Then 4/5 weeks of training/games in between

Well aware our season starts tomorrow, but with the squad overall and getting it together, we will now go through the gel stage. Hopefully with the on paper fixtures looking kind to us, we can get a few wins along the way before we really get a strong hold on things.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Pre Season X 2 on 14:32 - Aug 6 with 1954 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Not sure that analogy works.

Time to get on with the real business and hit the ground running.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Pre Season X 2 on 14:38 - Aug 6 with 1926 viewsjayessess

We've got at least 75% of our squad for the season here already, we absolutely aren't starting pre-season on Monday!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Pre Season X 2 on 15:16 - Aug 6 with 1859 viewsitfcjoe

No

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Pre Season X 2 on 15:18 - Aug 6 with 1851 viewsjas0999

Tomorrow’s opponents have made 15 signings, so like us, they will need time to gel also.
Pre Season X 2 on 15:41 - Aug 6 with 1827 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Realistically, tomorrow marks the day that the 'free passes' end.

Business starts tomorrow, no more free passes.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Pre Season X 2 on 15:43 - Aug 6 with 1821 viewsJ2BLUE

Not at all.

First game very winnable with the obvious caveats that it won't be easy or a walkover.

It might take some time to get to 100% but there's so much talent we should be starting fast.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Pre Season X 2 on 15:51 - Aug 6 with 1798 viewstextbackup

Pre Season X 2 on 15:18 - Aug 6 by jas0999

Tomorrow’s opponents have made 15 signings, so like us, they will need time to gel also.

and you'd think they will be of lesser quality.... so really important we get a win under our belts

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Pre Season X 2 on 15:55 - Aug 6 with 1768 viewschicoazul

What?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Pre Season X 2 on 16:27 - Aug 6 with 1700 viewswkj

Do time and space operate differently where you are Frimmers?

Curiously, pre-season didn't matter... but now it does... but to some arbitrary timeline. I'm trying to understand, honestly.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Pre Season X 2 on 17:58 - Aug 6 with 1646 viewsJ2BLUE

Pre Season X 2 on 16:27 - Aug 6 by wkj

Do time and space operate differently where you are Frimmers?

Curiously, pre-season didn't matter... but now it does... but to some arbitrary timeline. I'm trying to understand, honestly.

Frimmers?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Pre Season X 2 on 17:59 - Aug 6 with 1640 viewschrismakin

Pre Season X 2 on 15:18 - Aug 6 by jas0999

Exactly, there are many clubs in the same position, it'll be interesting to look at the table differences over the first couple months and xmas time etc

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Pre Season X 2 on 18:03 - Aug 6 with 1626 viewschrismakin

Pre Season X 2 on 15:43 - Aug 6 by J2BLUE

Not at all.

First game very winnable with the obvious caveats that it won't be easy or a walkover.

It might take some time to get to 100% but there's so much talent we should be starting fast.

Of course, and Im not saying it doesn't count, of course it all does. Im talking in practical terms in regardes to the gelling period and realistically how long it takes most clubs to go through that stage before it all settles down

Pre Season X 2 on 19:28 - Aug 6 with 1584 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Pre Season X 2 on 18:03 - Aug 6 by chrismakin

Of course, and Im not saying it doesn't count, of course it all does. Im talking in practical terms in regardes to the gelling period and realistically how long it takes most clubs to go through that stage before it all settles down

It's not pre season #2 by any stretch of the imagination.

It's the opposite.

Pre Season X 2 on 20:45 - Aug 11 with 1422 viewschrismakin

Was interesting to hear PC say something along the lines of playing catch up from pre season.

I know we had 1 game cancelled.. were there anymore we had planned does anyone know that we didnt have?

Pre Season X 2 on 21:07 - Aug 28 with 1182 viewschrismakin

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/cook-on-itfc-draw-with-wimbledon-82805

told you all. Marky, I'll raise your " See, I Told you"

Pre Season X 2 on 21:10 - Aug 28 with 1156 viewspointofblue

Pre Season X 2 on 21:07 - Aug 28 by chrismakin

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/cook-on-itfc-draw-with-wimbledon-82805

No matter what Cook says, gelling isn't the issue - it's the basics we're failing at. Something any professional unit should be able to do.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Pre Season X 2 on 21:18 - Aug 28 with 1113 viewsSharkey

“‘“It’s just us” rued Cook.”

Nice to hear a bit of rueing. Very David Brent.
Pre Season X 2 on 21:28 - Aug 28 with 1065 viewsSteve_M

Pre Season X 2 on 20:45 - Aug 11 by chrismakin

Was interesting to hear PC say something along the lines of playing catch up from pre season.

I know we had 1 game cancelled.. were there anymore we had planned does anyone know that we didnt have?

It wasn’t interesting it was pathetic excuse making, he got away with failing last season by blaming the players and he needs to deliver now not in three weeks time.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2021 21:37]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Pre Season X 2 on 21:30 - Aug 28 with 1060 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I dunno. I'm just so effed off with it all now.

I'd honestly rather be wrong, but the coaching isn't irradicating all these mistakes. It feels like groundhog day. It seems so obvious there is something lacking in the coaching. Basics. Basics. Basics. As a team we are not defending correctly. forget the centrebacks. As a team we're getting it wrong. No amount of signings or money will fix that. Its coaching.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Pre Season X 2 on 21:31 - Aug 28 with 1054 viewsOldboy

You really are clutching at straws now. Just admit that as of now, today, here and now, Cook is failing.
Pre Season X 2 on 23:54 - Aug 28 with 879 viewschrismakin

Pre Season X 2 on 21:30 - Aug 28 by OriginalMarkyP

I dunno. I'm just so effed off with it all now.

I'd honestly rather be wrong, but the coaching isn't irradicating all these mistakes. It feels like groundhog day. It seems so obvious there is something lacking in the coaching. Basics. Basics. Basics. As a team we are not defending correctly. forget the centrebacks. As a team we're getting it wrong. No amount of signings or money will fix that. Its coaching.

Don't blame you Marky. It's a frustrating period.

Whilst there's expectation on PC to sort the coaching side out... this is where Ashton earns his money too.. remain silent In the background signing players.. or nip it in the bud and demand some experience coaching staff. That's what I'd be doing personally.

Pre Season X 2 on 23:57 - Aug 28 with 858 viewspointofblue

Pre Season X 2 on 23:54 - Aug 28 by chrismakin

Don't blame you Marky. It's a frustrating period.

Whilst there's expectation on PC to sort the coaching side out... this is where Ashton earns his money too.. remain silent In the background signing players.. or nip it in the bud and demand some experience coaching staff. That's what I'd be doing personally.

Though what do you do if Cook refuses and says he trusts the team he has in place?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024