Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Personal plea (COVID) 11:00 - Nov 4 with 7677 viewswkj

Please give mask wearing (and vaccination) some serious thought over the winter months. I came into contact with it at the end of October and it managed to get me. Although I am fully vaccinated, the mitigated symptoms are the worst I have felt except for having meningitis in my youth.

Mask wearing is a small, yet an irritating, thing to do - but doing it will very likely save someone's life.

As for vaccinations, all I can say is if I feel this bad despite having it then bless those who had to go through it without it.

Perspex shields and masks are only so effective, but it is a significant reduction in risk for our friends and family if we start taking it seriously again for the colder months.

Stay safe, coyb.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 11:00]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Personal plea (COVID) on 11:09 - Nov 4 with 3490 viewsStokieBlue

You're spot on with all that.

Unfortunately images like this from our buffoon in charge isn't going to steer the general public towards mask wearing.

Mandatory mask wearing on public transport and places like supermarkets needs to come back in immediately in my opinion. We have had >500 deaths in the last 2 days and as you've highlighted, it's still rubbish to get it even if your vaccinated and there is still a risk of long covid. It's such a small thing that everyone can do to help others.

I was happy to hear this morning that the local secondary school are giving out detentions if masks aren't worn in the communal areas.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Personal plea (COVID) on 11:11 - Nov 4 with 3482 viewsCheltenham_Blue

"Mask wearing is a small, yet an irritating, thing to do - but doing it will very likely save someone's life."

It's not irritating at all compared to being intubated. Just wear a fking mask.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Personal plea (COVID) on 11:13 - Nov 4 with 3446 viewsArgyle_blue

Hope you’re feeling better. I’ve currently got covid and like you have been double jabbed. Been really tough feels days for me too - illest I’ve felt for many years. Agree totally about masks - such a small thing can make such a difference. Can I add to that going to get a pcr. My lateral flow was negative but positive pcr. Think I picked it up at a wedding and so many people reluctant to get pcr ‘hoping’ it will be ok. I don’t want to hope I’m not passing on a potentially fatal disease. I want to know. My son has covid too only picked up on pcr with no symptoms. There’s some shameful misinformation out there but covid is not going anywhere and we need to look after each other.
Personal plea (COVID) on 11:15 - Nov 4 with 3426 viewsBlueBadger

Personal plea (COVID) on 11:11 - Nov 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

"Mask wearing is a small, yet an irritating, thing to do - but doing it will very likely save someone's life."

It's not irritating at all compared to being intubated. Just wear a fking mask.

The REALLY unlucky ones are the poor sods who are unfit for intubation who get to die lingering deaths on claustrophobic, noisy and deeply uncomfortable CPAP machines whilst they're fully awake.

At least you get generally get strong sedation if you get intubated.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Personal plea (COVID) on 11:27 - Nov 4 with 3346 viewswkj

Personal plea (COVID) on 11:13 - Nov 4 by Argyle_blue

Hope you’re feeling better. I’ve currently got covid and like you have been double jabbed. Been really tough feels days for me too - illest I’ve felt for many years. Agree totally about masks - such a small thing can make such a difference. Can I add to that going to get a pcr. My lateral flow was negative but positive pcr. Think I picked it up at a wedding and so many people reluctant to get pcr ‘hoping’ it will be ok. I don’t want to hope I’m not passing on a potentially fatal disease. I want to know. My son has covid too only picked up on pcr with no symptoms. There’s some shameful misinformation out there but covid is not going anywhere and we need to look after each other.

All the best to you and your boy. And yes, there are a lot of 'alternative facts' bobbling around out there - when the gravity of the situation is that it really bloody hurts to be frequently coughing try and shift muck and gunk that won't shift. Granted, some don't feel it as bad, but many feel it worse.

Crybaby

Personal plea (COVID) on 11:27 - Nov 4 with 3343 viewsVaughan8

Unfortunately you have a lot of people who "don't really care" anymore and will "do what I want" attitude even before the restrictions came down.

I always try and wear a mask in shops/indoor places even thougfh my wife says "no-one else does anymore" which is mostly true, not many do anyway.

Recently been to disneyland Paris which was very busy, but everyone had to wear masks everywhere. We thought if we're gonna catch covid its here, but thankfully we didn't I can only think Masks do help (despite some people saying they dont).
Personal plea (COVID) on 11:33 - Nov 4 with 3309 viewswkj

Personal plea (COVID) on 11:27 - Nov 4 by Vaughan8

Unfortunately you have a lot of people who "don't really care" anymore and will "do what I want" attitude even before the restrictions came down.

I always try and wear a mask in shops/indoor places even thougfh my wife says "no-one else does anymore" which is mostly true, not many do anyway.

Recently been to disneyland Paris which was very busy, but everyone had to wear masks everywhere. We thought if we're gonna catch covid its here, but thankfully we didn't I can only think Masks do help (despite some people saying they dont).

That is the biggest thing in play here - I don't even have to make this post political to know that behavior in some breeds behavior in others. The less we see masks worn around us, the less important it feels to wear them ourselves.

Crybaby

Personal plea (COVID) on 11:35 - Nov 4 with 3295 viewsDigger77

Good news on the treatment front, with Molnupiravir being approved in the UK.
Login to get fewer ads

Personal plea (COVID) on 11:38 - Nov 4 with 3283 viewsBlueBadger

Personal plea (COVID) on 11:35 - Nov 4 by Digger77

Still a good idea to wear a mask and get a jab though PTA. Prevention is always better than cure.

Plus, antivirals are notoriously expensive and side effect-y.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 11:56]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Personal plea (COVID) on 11:39 - Nov 4 with 3262 viewswkj

Hopefully with the double barreled approach of preventative behavior in people and treatment options then the risks can be mitigated even further.

Crybaby

Personal plea (COVID) on 11:46 - Nov 4 with 3182 viewsArgyle_blue

Personal plea (COVID) on 11:27 - Nov 4 by wkj

All the best to you and your boy. And yes, there are a lot of 'alternative facts' bobbling around out there - when the gravity of the situation is that it really bloody hurts to be frequently coughing try and shift muck and gunk that won't shift. Granted, some don't feel it as bad, but many feel it worse.

Thanks mate - we're doing OK. Definitely feel lucky to have had it in this mild way. Seems like the narrative is all about how the economy is recovering and covid cases dropping - doesn't really match the lived experience of people i talk to.
Personal plea (COVID) on 11:47 - Nov 4 with 3161 viewsfooters

Get well soon, dear fuit. You're too precious to leave us now x

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Personal plea (COVID) on 11:49 - Nov 4 with 3142 viewswkj

Personal plea (COVID) on 11:47 - Nov 4 by footers

Get well soon, dear fuit. You're too precious to leave us now x

SUF

Crybaby

Personal plea (COVID) on 11:57 - Nov 4 with 3103 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Very easy to get out of mask wearing, that is the problem I am facing.

If I am honest, I don't remember the last time I wore one, I have no idea where they are and in my day to day life, I do not come across many people wearing them.

They need to be made mandatory again and quickly if they are deemed to be required again, until that time, relying on people to do it off their own back is likely to fail and in most cases that's not because they are being obtuse.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 12:00]
Personal plea (COVID) on 12:05 - Nov 4 with 3044 viewsStokieBlue

Personal plea (COVID) on 11:57 - Nov 4 by BlueBlueBluex2

If I am honest, I don't remember the last time I wore one, I have no idea where they are and in my day to day life, I do not come across many people wearing them.

They need to be made mandatory again and quickly if they are deemed to be required again, until that time, relying on people to do it off their own back is likely to fail and in most cases that's not because they are being obtuse.

"relying on people to do it off their own back is likely to fail and in most cases that's not because they are being obtuse."

What would you call it then?

I simply don't understand your mindset here. You know it will help yet by your own admission you don't do it because you're not forced to.

SB

Personal plea (COVID) on 12:07 - Nov 4 with 3018 viewsfooters

It's not a problem you're facing, you're just being selfish and irresponsible for no good reason.

Happy to help.

Personal plea (COVID) on 12:07 - Nov 4 with 3026 viewsSarge

I fcking hate wearing them but am far more amenable to it now that they’re optional. Had a cold the past week so wore it everywhere when I had to go out, will happily wear it on the tube or a populated train or wherever there are people in close proximity. If they’re mandatory again I’ll just stay inside more and contribute to the economy less. I like autonomy.

Personally I think it’s more important that people test themselves regularly because you can’t spread something you don’t have.
Personal plea (COVID) on 12:09 - Nov 4 with 2998 viewsBlueBadger

Personal plea (COVID) on 12:07 - Nov 4 by Sarge

I fcking hate wearing them but am far more amenable to it now that they’re optional. Had a cold the past week so wore it everywhere when I had to go out, will happily wear it on the tube or a populated train or wherever there are people in close proximity. If they’re mandatory again I’ll just stay inside more and contribute to the economy less. I like autonomy.

Personally I think it’s more important that people test themselves regularly because you can’t spread something you don’t have.

Or you could just stop being a massive fanny about it.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 12:22]

Personal plea (COVID) on 12:10 - Nov 4 with 2981 viewsBlueBadger

It's not a 'problem' you're just being a bit of a dick about it.

Personal plea (COVID) on 12:11 - Nov 4 with 2985 viewsStokieBlue

Personal plea (COVID) on 12:07 - Nov 4 by Sarge

It's worth bearing in mind that wearing a mask will help prevent the spread of other respiratory viruses which aren't covid.

Why not try and prevent flu deaths this winter as well as covid deaths by wearing a mask.

SB

Personal plea (COVID) on 12:16 - Nov 4 with 2934 viewsStokieBlue

This covid post is certainly better than some of your other greatest hits: "masks don't work", "natural infection is better protection than vaccines", "ivermectin isn't a random treatment", "covid will be like the common cold by spring".

Any new treatment is excellent news and the doses we have will rightly be targeted towards the most at-risk groups. It's not going to be a treatment for the masses at this stage so we need to stick with the measures we know have an affect such as mask wearing, social distancing where applicable and vaccinations.

I hope this new found scientific approach will be continued in your future covid related postings.

SB

Personal plea (COVID) on 12:17 - Nov 4 with 2916 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Personal plea (COVID) on 12:10 - Nov 4 by BlueBadger

It's not a 'problem' you're just being a bit of a dick about it.

No sure that is really called for, but you have form in that type of response, so it is what is is.
Personal plea (COVID) on 12:18 - Nov 4 with 2916 viewsBlueBadger

Personal plea (COVID) on 12:17 - Nov 4 by BlueBlueBluex2

No sure that is really called for, but you have form in that type of response, so it is what is is.

Frankly, after nearly 2 years at the sharp end of this I have no more time for people's pathetic excuses for deciding not to respect their fellow man's right to health and basic safety and I'm calling it as I see it.

You, and people like are you are why we're heading for yet another catastrophic winter.

All because you can't be arsed to exercise a bit of social and personal responsibility and basic decency.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2021 12:24]

Personal plea (COVID) on 12:20 - Nov 4 with 2900 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Personal plea (COVID) on 12:07 - Nov 4 by footers

It's not a problem you're facing, you're just being selfish and irresponsible for no good reason.

Happy to help.

Quite possibly true but I look around here now in the office and in the 200 people here, there are none wearing a mask now, or on their journey in, or when they go out to lunch.

This morning I have been to a major retailer to have a meeting - no masks anywhere to be seen.

On my way back to the office I stopped to examine some networking equipment at a large doctors surgery in Cambridge. A few patients with masks, no back office staff wearing them however aside from the receptionists.

Mask wearing should be mandatory. I would embrace that and would welcome something to kick me and others into doing what is right.
Personal plea (COVID) on 12:20 - Nov 4 with 2894 viewsfooters

Personal plea (COVID) on 12:17 - Nov 4 by BlueBlueBluex2

Considering Badger's one of the people who has to work flat out to save people like you who won't take the slightest bit of personal responsibility for your health, I think he's perfectly entitled to that view.

You don't even have a justification for your actions.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024