Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aluko 10:51 - Nov 17 with 1965 viewsBlueNomad

When he signed many people were mystified and questioned why we need him. Without being spectacular he really has been excellent. I don't remember the last time he was tackled / gave the ball away. Great free signing!
Aluko on 10:57 - Nov 17 with 1909 viewsSwansea_Blue

He got hammered on his first appearance, but clearly wasn't fit at the time. Agreed, he's been a very good acquisition.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Aluko on 11:00 - Nov 17 with 1889 viewsStenvict

Well he gave the ball away last night a couple of times I seem to recall.

Anyway, it just shows how fickle football fans are. Most were writing him off after that debut.

He is a very good player that protects the ball very well.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Aluko on 11:01 - Nov 17 with 1880 viewsPrice_1991

When he first came in he looked way off the pace but that was down to having little to no pre season so his fitness wasnt up to the level needed. I'll admit when I first saw him play I thought why have we gone in for him as he looked like he was using us as a stepping stone to get his fitness back up before moving on next summer, however now I would argue he is one of our most consistent performers and although he might not have the pace Burns does the ball seems to stick with him and gets himself into brilliant positions. Personally I think he should be starting games ahead of Burns and then bring Burns on at around the hour/70 minute mark when defences are tired so he can run at them.
Aluko on 11:12 - Nov 17 with 1796 viewsMookamoo

I was one. No idea why we needed him. If his attitude off the pitch is the same as on it then he is just what we needed. Committed and ready when needed.
Aluko on 11:18 - Nov 17 with 1757 viewsSomethingBlue

Yes, me too. What I like the best is that he looks after the ball in a way Burns doesn't, even if he isn't as explosive. Which isn't to say one is better than the other — just important to have two such different options.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Aluko on 11:39 - Nov 17 with 1620 viewsJakeITFC

Think most of the mystification was why we signed both him and Barry in short order, giving us a surplus of players in those positions (with Celina still to come).
Aluko on 11:56 - Nov 17 with 1550 viewsGarv

I don't think those people actually realised his pedigree or what he was like as a player.

There was very little reason not to be excited by his signing.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Aluko on 12:00 - Nov 17 with 1524 viewsWickets

Aluko on 11:56 - Nov 17 by Garv

I don't think those people actually realised his pedigree or what he was like as a player.

There was very little reason not to be excited by his signing.

And to be fair there was as many saying lets wait and see as there were posters saying he's useless !!
Login to get fewer ads

Aluko on 12:14 - Nov 17 with 1457 viewsEdwardStone

He is getting to be one of my fave players, he has fantastic ball skills
Aluko on 12:31 - Nov 17 with 1384 viewsDavoIPB

Great player. Posted on here after watching him in the warm up for our first game that he would be a really good player for us. He had a bad game that game but has been brilliant since at this level. Should start every time. Even when shooting in the warm up he smashes the ball in (Edwards misses almost every time).

Have been to few game this year and friends who have seen him play for the first time have always asked who is he is as he stands out.
Aluko on 13:09 - Nov 17 with 1274 viewsflettonblue

I thought he was here for the money, a journeyman etc. Last night he was my man of the match, clearly the most technical and skillful player on the pitch, was the most likely to create or innovate. Main thing that impressed me was he was motivated to play and has a great attitude, which seemed lacking in a few last night
Aluko on 13:46 - Nov 17 with 1141 viewsWestover

The way he's playing I would think he will get another one year contract.
Aluko on 17:31 - Nov 17 with 833 viewschrismakin

Got to start Aluko over Edwards imo or celina on the left

Keep Chaplin in the 10.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Aluko on 17:42 - Nov 17 with 794 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Aluko on 13:46 - Nov 17 by Westover

The way he's playing I would think he will get another one year contract.

And thoroughly deserved I’d say

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Aluko on 18:31 - Nov 17 with 711 viewstractordownsouth

I hold my hands up and admit I was wrong. I don't think he's in our strongest XI but whenever he's been called upon, he's been pretty reliable.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024