Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, Chaplin or Aluko? 12:49 - Jan 23 with 1924 viewsTresBonne

Think that's going to be on the managers' mind now. This is the 3rd time (I think) that Chaplin's taken an opportunity in the team and forced his way in there. But Aluko also oozes class every time he plays.

One of them's gonna have to be very patient in the coming weeks.
So, Chaplin or Aluko? on 12:55 - Jan 23 with 1887 viewsN2_Blue

For me Chaplin has to play.

I think rotation of 2 from 3 of Celina, Aluko and Chaplin will keep them fresh and stand us in good stead. There are still plenty of games with a number of midweek ones too.
All 3 of them have been excellent but for me Chaplin is a real livewire and looks to make things happen all the time. He has so much ability.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

So, Chaplin or Aluko? on 13:00 - Jan 23 with 1865 viewsfranz_tyson

So Bonne and Norwood up front now is a no-no? Think it’s still an option, but happy to go with the same front three for the Wimbledon game. Aluko will have to sit this out.
So, Chaplin or Aluko? on 13:11 - Jan 23 with 1830 viewsDarth_Koont

So, Chaplin or Aluko? on 12:55 - Jan 23 by N2_Blue

For me Chaplin has to play.

I think rotation of 2 from 3 of Celina, Aluko and Chaplin will keep them fresh and stand us in good stead. There are still plenty of games with a number of midweek ones too.
All 3 of them have been excellent but for me Chaplin is a real livewire and looks to make things happen all the time. He has so much ability.

I think you’re right with it being a case of 2 from 3.

They each bring so much. Chaplin’s threat in the box and ability to play as a second striker. Aluko’s ability to get on the ball and retain it (for himself and the team as a result). And Celina’s directness and X factor that totally disrupt the opposition’s defence.

It’ll also be interesting to see if Fraser comes into the reckoning (although probably based on injury or a rest for any of the first three). Having more of a midfield frees him up to have a floating role and help feed the attack.

Pronouns: He/Him

So, Chaplin or Aluko? on 13:13 - Jan 23 with 1813 viewsKieran_Knows

Chaplin, every day of the week.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So, Chaplin or Aluko? on 13:29 - Jan 23 with 1737 viewshoppy

So, Chaplin or Aluko? on 13:13 - Jan 23 by Kieran_Knows

Chaplin, every day of the week.

That might be asking a bit much of him, if I’m being honest.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

So, Chaplin or Aluko? on 14:17 - Jan 23 with 1627 viewswkj

McKenna clearly mentioned 'saturday-tuesdays' in his comments yesterday. I am pretty sure you'll see a fair level of rotation based on fitness as we head into a chaotic period of games.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So, Chaplin or Aluko? on 15:24 - Jan 23 with 1519 viewsitfcsuth

We played with a 3-4-2-1 yesterday which was a slight difference to the formation at the top end of the pitch.

Will likely mean a rotation if we continue with that during a busy schedule of Aluko, Chaplin, Celina & Edwards.
So, Chaplin or Aluko? on 15:45 - Jan 23 with 1460 viewsN2_Blue

So, Chaplin or Aluko? on 13:11 - Jan 23 by Darth_Koont

I think you’re right with it being a case of 2 from 3.

They each bring so much. Chaplin’s threat in the box and ability to play as a second striker. Aluko’s ability to get on the ball and retain it (for himself and the team as a result). And Celina’s directness and X factor that totally disrupt the opposition’s defence.

It’ll also be interesting to see if Fraser comes into the reckoning (although probably based on injury or a rest for any of the first three). Having more of a midfield frees him up to have a floating role and help feed the attack.

Have to say I've been pretty underwhelmed by Fraser. He is anonymous in large parts of games that I have seen.

But I'm sure he'll have another chance between now and end of season to try nail down a place, so it's up to him really as we have plenty of options.

Aluko, Celina and Chaplin have all taken their opportunity on coming back into the team but I've not really seen that Fraser.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Login to get fewer ads

So, Chaplin or Aluko? on 16:52 - Jan 23 with 1344 viewsjas0999

Chaplin would be my preference.
So, Chaplin or Aluko? on 22:48 - Jan 23 with 1104 viewsBondiBlue

Aluko for the games when we need our number 10 to hold the ball and recycle it.

Chaplin against teams we want to run at.

What a great problem - two classy players.

Poll: Which would you accept?

So, Chaplin or Aluko? on 22:55 - Jan 23 with 1081 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If Chaplin is playing up front with Bonne (or Norwood for that matter), then it is Aluko or Celina for the number 10 isn't it? Maybe one of them could play wide but they are both better at 10 aren't they?

It is a nice headache for McKenna to have.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So, Chaplin or Aluko? on 23:06 - Jan 23 with 1052 viewsBondiBlue

So, Chaplin or Aluko? on 22:55 - Jan 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

If Chaplin is playing up front with Bonne (or Norwood for that matter), then it is Aluko or Celina for the number 10 isn't it? Maybe one of them could play wide but they are both better at 10 aren't they?

It is a nice headache for McKenna to have.

This is a good point. Mckenna's done a 3 up front with two of them wider as often as he's done a 10 behind two strikers. Celina looked infinitely more at ease with the left-sided role in a 3 than norwood (although fair play to norwood for work-rate when put there).

Chaplin (or aluko or celina) could nail down a starting spot because of that. Mind you, as the EADT guys have pointed out all season, with this depth, there is no 'first 11', and the mamager can chop and vhange depending on the opposition. If chaplin's looked good every time he's come in but then so has aluko and so has norwood etc. etc, maybe that means not playing every game is not such a terrible thing.

Poll: Which would you accept?

So, Chaplin or Aluko? on 00:31 - Jan 24 with 989 viewsPrrrromotionGiven

Lots of 2 game weeks coming up. One of them can start Saturdays while the other starts midweeks. Doubt anyone else in this division can count on depth like that.
So, Chaplin or Aluko? on 07:33 - Jan 24 with 831 viewstextbackup

That’s the beauty of this squad, whatever KMc goes for week in week out (formation/tactics) he knows he has quality on the bench desperate to get on

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So, Chaplin or Aluko? on 08:25 - Jan 24 with 706 viewsjayessess

Isn't more Chaplin or Norwood at the moment? Celina's the one who took Aluko's spot.

I'm not sure Aluko's quite productive enough to edge out Chaplin or Celina as an attacking midfielder. You look at their goal contributions:
Chaplin 8 in 11 starts
Celina 8 in 10
Aluko 3 in 11.

Aluko gives you a bit more control which is useful in some games, but probably isn't quite doing enough to directly create/score goals.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So, Chaplin or Aluko? on 09:17 - Jan 24 with 599 viewsStadiumofdark

So, Chaplin or Aluko? on 07:33 - Jan 24 by textbackup

That’s the beauty of this squad, whatever KMc goes for week in week out (formation/tactics) he knows he has quality on the bench desperate to get on

Certainly not the case of selecting the least crap player nowadays!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024