Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... 10:32 - Jun 9 with 3003 viewsboroughblue

Club just announced

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2022/june/ed-sheeran-continues-shirt-sponsorship/

[Post edited 9 Jun 2022 10:33]
Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 10:38 - Jun 9 with 2194 viewsclive_baker

Nice. First and foremost I like it as a logo which is important in terms of the look of the shirt. Magical Vegas properly ruins any kit. Secondly I think it's neat to have a global superstar who is local, and genuinely a fan of the club sponsoring us, especailly considering the likely alternative that is some betting company or such like. Always comes across like a thoroughly decent and talented bloke too.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 11:06 - Jun 9 with 2039 viewsHighgateBlue

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 10:38 - Jun 9 by clive_baker

Nice. First and foremost I like it as a logo which is important in terms of the look of the shirt. Magical Vegas properly ruins any kit. Secondly I think it's neat to have a global superstar who is local, and genuinely a fan of the club sponsoring us, especailly considering the likely alternative that is some betting company or such like. Always comes across like a thoroughly decent and talented bloke too.

Yes I agree with all of this. Given how many teams have betting companies as sponsors, and given that those days are surely coming to an end (see Newcastle ending their agreement early, expecting a change in the law), there will be less demand for shirt sponsorship and surely rates will fall (or at least rise less strongly than they would have).

It's great to have a proper alternative with all of the advantages you cite.
Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 11:13 - Jun 9 with 2014 viewsBlueBadger

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 10:38 - Jun 9 by clive_baker

Whilst it makes for a genuinely better looking shirt, I'm not going to buy one because it might make people think I like his music.

With the ultimate horror show scenario of me potentially dying in a road accident, being found wearing it and bloody 'Shape of You' or some other such bland nonsense ending up getting played at my funeral.

Brrrrr.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2022 13:20]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 11:15 - Jun 9 with 1996 viewsBLUEBEAT

Rosie, I know you cyber-stalk me, so here’s a tip…

Getting the shirts on Sheeran’s own merch websites would result in the biggest ITFC shirt sales of all time.

You’re welcome xx

Poll: W or W

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 11:20 - Jun 9 with 1967 viewsSitfcB

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 11:13 - Jun 9 by BlueBadger

Whilst it makes for a genuinely better looking shirt, I'm not going to buy one because it might make people think I like his music.

With the ultimate horror show scenario of me potentially dying in a road accident, being found wearing it and bloody 'Shape of You' or some other such bland nonsense ending up getting played at my funeral.

Brrrrr.

If I ever see anyone in a bit of clothing with the ITFC badge on it makes me think they’re an ITFC fan…
[Post edited 9 Jun 2022 11:52]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 11:28 - Jun 9 with 1913 viewsitfcjoe

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 11:15 - Jun 9 by BLUEBEAT

Rosie, I know you cyber-stalk me, so here’s a tip…

Getting the shirts on Sheeran’s own merch websites would result in the biggest ITFC shirt sales of all time.

You’re welcome xx

The ones with Divide on were (and still are) available on it so not sure it is as big a boon as suggested. ( https://store.edsheeran.com/uk/divide-ipswich-town-football-shirt-blue.html)

If they could be on his merch stalls at gigs it may be a different matter

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 11:33 - Jun 9 with 1869 viewsclive_baker

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 11:28 - Jun 9 by itfcjoe

The ones with Divide on were (and still are) available on it so not sure it is as big a boon as suggested. ( https://store.edsheeran.com/uk/divide-ipswich-town-football-shirt-blue.html)

Not sure how accurate this is as I've not fact checked it, but someone suggested our home shirt ranked #11 in English football shirt sales last year. Can't help but feel the Ed factor played a part in that, both for Town fans and Ed Sheeran fans more widely. As you say though, I can't imagine many randoms are desperate to snap it up, there's plenty of other merch they would presumably buy instead.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 11:36 - Jun 9 with 1849 viewsIllinoisblue

Brrrrr.

Is this Ed hater you on Twitter? He lost his s5it last year when Ed was announced as sponsor. Still hating it now.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 11:36 - Jun 9 with 1843 viewsFixed_It

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 11:20 - Jun 9 by SitfcB

If I ever see anyone in a bit of clothing with the ITFC badge on it makes me think they’re an ITFC fan…
[Post edited 9 Jun 2022 11:52]

In Badger's case that would be somewhat misleading...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 11:37 - Jun 9 with 1834 viewsitfcjoe

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 11:36 - Jun 9 by Illinoisblue

Is this Ed hater you on Twitter? He lost his s5it last year when Ed was announced as sponsor. Still hating it now.

He seemed to much prefer buying shirts when Magical Vegas or Marcus Evans was on it randomly

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 11:39 - Jun 9 with 1819 viewsIllinoisblue

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 11:33 - Jun 9 by clive_baker

Not sure how accurate this is as I've not fact checked it, but someone suggested our home shirt ranked #11 in English football shirt sales last year. Can't help but feel the Ed factor played a part in that, both for Town fans and Ed Sheeran fans more widely. As you say though, I can't imagine many randoms are desperate to snap it up, there's plenty of other merch they would presumably buy instead.

11th seems high if not impossible. Be nice if actual figures were released by the club instead of them saying highest number sold in 15 years. Does that mean 5k shirts sold? 10k?

62 - 78 - 81

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 11:40 - Jun 9 with 1808 viewsDyland

Haha, yeh right wearing "disliking Ed Sheeran" as a badge of honour and shouting about it on the internet. Not liking innocuous bands or artists isn't "a thing" ffs. Or I guess it is if you've not got much going on :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 11:40 - Jun 9 with 1799 viewsDyland

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 11:37 - Jun 9 by itfcjoe

He seemed to much prefer buying shirts when Magical Vegas or Marcus Evans was on it randomly

Go figure innit! Twonks gonna twonk.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 11:42 - Jun 9 with 1783 viewsIllinoisblue

Weird, isn’t it? I don’t much care for his music either but it’s fantastic to have a local boy made good pumping some money into the club. Proof that football fans will always always always find something to moan about!

62 - 78 - 81

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 11:42 - Jun 9 with 1771 viewsBLUEBEAT

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 11:28 - Jun 9 by itfcjoe

That was a side hustle, unlike current main sponsorship deal.

Poll: W or W

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 12:51 - Jun 9 with 1527 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He is a miserable so and so that bloke

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 13:00 - Jun 9 with 1470 viewsBig_Jase

I’m not a huge Ed Sheeran fan (musically) but I love the fact he sponsors our kits, it makes them unique and it’s a local lad done good, who pours money into the club and it’s 100x better than gambling sponsors etc.

As someone who is a former gambling addict the number of gambling sponsors in football on tv and at grounds makes it difficult for me sometimes, so to move away from that is fantastic.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 13:10 - Jun 9 with 1421 viewsBlueBadger

Nah, I don't do Twitter.

It's the WOTB of social media.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 13:19 - Jun 9 with 1373 viewsAlanG296

Brrrrr.

Presume you know some particularly thick people if they would think you like Sheeran if you wear a shirt. Presume in the past they would assume you liked Marcus Evans, Magical Vegas, Radio Orwell, Abbot Ale, Fisons etc.
Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 13:21 - Jun 9 with 1365 viewsBlueBadger

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 11:42 - Jun 9 by Illinoisblue

Weird, isn’t it? I don’t much care for his music either but it’s fantastic to have a local boy made good pumping some money into the club. Proof that football fans will always always always find something to moan about!

Christ alive, you make one Sitters standard joke...

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 13:43 - Jun 9 with 1289 viewsIllinoisblue

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 13:21 - Jun 9 by BlueBadger

Christ alive, you make one Sitters standard joke...

I should clarify I was having a mild dig at the twitter moaner, not you.

62 - 78 - 81

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 13:53 - Jun 9 with 1242 viewsCoastalblue

I've certainly never bought an ED record, or whatever they call them these days, laser discs is it? But I wouldn't object to having him on the front of our shirts for nothing, which he wouldn't do ofc, but he certainly gives our profile a massive lift and there will be teenage and younger kids in far flung parts of the globe who have decided to be ITFC fans over the last year or so thanks to Ed. Some of them might even grow into realy fans in the future.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 14:30 - Jun 9 with 1139 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

1. The shirt doesn't cost £90+
2. No one cares mate.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 14:43 - Jun 9 with 1114 viewsSwansea_Blue

Fantastic. Nowt wrong with his songs either as far as I can see. It's not my cup of tea (nowhere near enough rock horns), but they seem like jolly little ditties.

I'd go as far to say I'm proud he's our sponsor, rather than some of these soulless betting companies or obscure financial organisations and the like. Carers Trust was a nice partnership though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sheerhan to sponsor kit again... on 14:50 - Jun 9 with 1098 viewsGuthrum

Brrrrr.

Even this version?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024