Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At the halfway point of the season... 16:56 - Dec 26 with 3552 viewsBlueBadger

...Ladapo has 10 goals.

#justsaying

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

At the halfway point of the season... on 17:04 - Dec 26 with 3459 viewsJ2BLUE

It's almost like some posters just need something to moan about.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

At the halfway point of the season... on 17:05 - Dec 26 with 3449 viewsBloomBlue

#Foxinthebox
At the halfway point of the season... on 17:36 - Dec 26 with 3326 viewsJ2BLUE

At the halfway point of the season... on 17:05 - Dec 26 by BloomBlue

#Foxinthebox

We're selling our 20 goal a season striker to Leicester?!?!?

Truly impaired.

At the halfway point of the season... on 22:07 - Dec 26 with 3062 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Will be even better when we replace him with a 20-goal-a-season striker.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

At the halfway point of the season... on 23:18 - Dec 26 with 2942 viewsTalkingBlues

Or to put it another way, he has scored 7 league goals in 23 league appearances

#justsaying

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

At the halfway point of the season... on 23:31 - Dec 26 with 2887 viewsTrequartista

Chaplin has 9. We might already have two 20-goal strikers.

edit i thought you meant league goals. ladapo still has some work to do then.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2022 23:33]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

At the halfway point of the season... on 01:05 - Dec 27 with 2743 viewsKropotkin123

At the halfway point of the season... on 23:18 - Dec 26 by TalkingBlues

#justsaying

Appearances, 'ey? Interesting and disingenous metric...

15 starts
8 subs
1269 mins (equivelent of 14.1 full games)
1 goal every 181.29

So across 46 full games that is a 22.8 goals.

So the difference between Ipswich having a 20 goal-a-season striker or not is just whether we choose to play him for 46 full games or 28.2 full games.

Or to put it another way, he has scored 7 goals in 14.1 full 90 minutes.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

At the halfway point of the season... on 02:08 - Dec 27 with 2679 viewsTalkingBlues

At the halfway point of the season... on 01:05 - Dec 27 by Kropotkin123

15 starts
8 subs
1 goal every 181.29

So the difference between Ipswich having a 20 goal-a-season striker or not is just whether we choose to play him for 46 full games or 28.2 full games.

Surely you can see the irony of saying that goals to appearances is disingenuous, only to then filter his total league minutes for the season into an imaginary "14.1 full 90 minute games" to count goals against? Lol.

He's actually played 3 full 90 minute matches so far this season and scored 1 goal from those, giving him a 1 in 3 scoring rate in 90 minute games (that he's actually played) vs a 1 in 3.28 using his 7 goals in 23 appearances metric (games he has actually played). I don't think it's purely a coincidence that we get a 1 in 3 back from both of those measurements, which are based on actual performances, not imaginary conversion rates.

If I could be bothered to compare his goals to the number of team chances created and shots on goal etc etc etc, I'd imagine these numbers would begin to look very shoddy indeed, but it's nothing anybody who watches him doesn't already know, he's great at holding the ball up, but bang average at finishing, an assertion that is further supported by his career stats.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Login to get fewer ads

At the halfway point of the season... on 07:28 - Dec 27 with 2498 viewsibbleobble

The debate was whether he’d score 20 league goals not 20 goals. He has 7 of those.

#justsaying

On another note, if hope you have better outlooks in life than crib and goading fans on here. I’d be seriously concerned if you haven’t and be looking to change that in the New Year if not.
At the halfway point of the season... on 08:30 - Dec 27 with 2421 viewsEly_Blue

At the halfway point of the season... on 23:18 - Dec 26 by TalkingBlues

#justsaying

And to think some people think a man who scored 12 in 43 games last season is the answer………….

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

At the halfway point of the season... on 08:44 - Dec 27 with 2381 viewsbazza

At the halfway point of the season... on 01:05 - Dec 27 by Kropotkin123

15 starts
8 subs
1 goal every 181.29

If we had a grant holt type player with this team, (i will wash my mouth out with soap after) .. we’d be about 20 points clear of Plymouth..
At the halfway point of the season... on 09:03 - Dec 27 with 2333 viewsBseaBlue

He was class yesterday I thought. Not sure I've seen a town player hold the ball up as well as that since Murph was here.

When the ball is rolled into him, you have every confidence he will take a touch and then find feet without the defender getting a sniff.

It sounds simple but cannot be underestimated in the system we are playing.
At the halfway point of the season... on 09:23 - Dec 27 with 2229 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

At the halfway point of the season... on 02:08 - Dec 27 by TalkingBlues

Surely you can see the irony of saying that goals to appearances is disingenuous, only to then filter his total league minutes for the season into an imaginary "14.1 full 90 minute games" to count goals against? Lol.

He's actually played 3 full 90 minute matches so far this season and scored 1 goal from those, giving him a 1 in 3 scoring rate in 90 minute games (that he's actually played) vs a 1 in 3.28 using his 7 goals in 23 appearances metric (games he has actually played). I don't think it's purely a coincidence that we get a 1 in 3 back from both of those measurements, which are based on actual performances, not imaginary conversion rates.

If I could be bothered to compare his goals to the number of team chances created and shots on goal etc etc etc, I'd imagine these numbers would begin to look very shoddy indeed, but it's nothing anybody who watches him doesn't already know, he's great at holding the ball up, but bang average at finishing, an assertion that is further supported by his career stats.

Scoring a goal every 181 minutes is not imaginary. It’s a fact.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

At the halfway point of the season... on 10:48 - Dec 27 with 2048 viewsBlueBadger

At the halfway point of the season... on 07:28 - Dec 27 by ibbleobble

The debate was whether he’d score 20 league goals not 20 goals. He has 7 of those.

#justsaying

On another note, if hope you have better outlooks in life than crib and goading fans on here. I’d be seriously concerned if you haven’t and be looking to change that in the New Year if not.

Hope you're looking after those wedding photos, lad.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

At the halfway point of the season... on 11:02 - Dec 27 with 2012 viewsMullet

We've been around the top of the league pretty much all season, lead for goals scored, have a big GD advantage over those around us.

This idea that our strikers don't score enough or we are struggling for goals is just bizarre.

The differences being talked about would make us some sort of perfect Football Manager type team and that's the only driving factor I can see here. Freddie has been excellent plenty of times this season and does so much off the ball and on it, just watch the very first move of the game where he keeps it in play and recycles an attack for example at the near post.

The fact anyone just obsesses on goals scored is a shame, but makes the discussion a bit redundant. You just have to watch us for a handful of games to see what he's doing here.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

At the halfway point of the season... on 11:05 - Dec 27 with 1999 viewsJ2BLUE

At the halfway point of the season... on 09:23 - Dec 27 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Scoring a goal every 181 minutes is not imaginary. It’s a fact.

Ladapo's goal conversion rate is 4% higher than Whittaker from Plymouth who many seem to want.

Ladapo has actually had 20 less shots than the league's top scorer who has 12 goals. At his current conversion rate if he had 20 more shots we could expect four more goals.

The stats clearly show Ladapo is a quality striker at this level.

The stats also suggest that if Connor Wickham is fully fit then he would be an excellent addition. He's scored 6 league goals, averaging 0.47 goals per game from just 24 shots. His goal conversion rate is one in four suggesting if we were to put him in our team and create chances for him he would score plenty.

Of course that have an impact on the team losing other qualities Lapado offers.

Verdict: Ladapo criminally underrated by some fans and Wickham or similar coming in to offer another option would be excellent business if he's fit.

Truly impaired.

At the halfway point of the season... on 11:46 - Dec 27 with 1872 viewsTalkingBlues

At the halfway point of the season... on 11:02 - Dec 27 by Mullet

We've been around the top of the league pretty much all season, lead for goals scored, have a big GD advantage over those around us.

This idea that our strikers don't score enough or we are struggling for goals is just bizarre.

The differences being talked about would make us some sort of perfect Football Manager type team and that's the only driving factor I can see here. Freddie has been excellent plenty of times this season and does so much off the ball and on it, just watch the very first move of the game where he keeps it in play and recycles an attack for example at the near post.

The fact anyone just obsesses on goals scored is a shame, but makes the discussion a bit redundant. You just have to watch us for a handful of games to see what he's doing here.

I don't disagree with the view on the function he performs in the team, he was clearly bought to be a hold up man and not for his prolific goal scoring record, but it would be wrong to suggest that the manager didn't also want goals from this position. As you rightly point out, we are top scorers in the division so it is somewhat disappointing that he hasn't been able to contribute more goals and assists in his appearances to date, he's certainly had the chances, as anybody who has watched the games this season could verify.

We are by no means the finished article as a team and I think it would be folly not to keep questioning performances and individual contributions, there are better players available to us than Ladapo in that position, who not only would provide that effective hold up game, but also contribute more goals and assists, there are several already doing so in League 1.

At the halfway point of the season... on 13:26 - Dec 27 with 1699 viewsMullet

At the halfway point of the season... on 11:46 - Dec 27 by TalkingBlues

I don't disagree with the view on the function he performs in the team, he was clearly bought to be a hold up man and not for his prolific goal scoring record, but it would be wrong to suggest that the manager didn't also want goals from this position. As you rightly point out, we are top scorers in the division so it is somewhat disappointing that he hasn't been able to contribute more goals and assists in his appearances to date, he's certainly had the chances, as anybody who has watched the games this season could verify.

We are by no means the finished article as a team and I think it would be folly not to keep questioning performances and individual contributions, there are better players available to us than Ladapo in that position, who not only would provide that effective hold up game, but also contribute more goals and assists, there are several already doing so in League 1.

But we are getting goals from him and that position (he's not the only one to play and score from #9 is he?). I'm not really sure if he converts all his chances he'd have more goals is the soundest of logic or criticism either.

There are better players available to us in every position by extension of your own measure here. So why aren't you constantly criticising everyone regardless of what they do as that's the only sensible outcome from focusing on Ladapo like this.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

At the halfway point of the season... on 13:47 - Dec 27 with 1656 viewsSwansea_Blue

Fun fact. Bonne had scored as many league goals by the end of September last year. Let’s hope we’re seeing the inverse this season.

Not that it’s all about the goals- Ladapo brings a lot to the team.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

At the halfway point of the season... on 14:05 - Dec 27 with 1622 viewsPique

At the halfway point of the season... on 13:47 - Dec 27 by Swansea_Blue

Fun fact. Bonne had scored as many league goals by the end of September last year. Let’s hope we’re seeing the inverse this season.

Not that it’s all about the goals- Ladapo brings a lot to the team.

Personally I think Ladapo has been excellent, the ball always sticks to him, he brings others into play, and he has more of a poacher's instinct than he's given credit for, as yesterday's goal demonstrated
At the halfway point of the season... on 23:27 - Dec 27 with 1361 viewsKropotkin123

Saying 23 appearances is disingenous because it paints a picture of 2,070 mins in people's minds. Ladapo has played 61% of that figure. It's not unreasonable to expect that to be reflected in the statistics people present. Why not say, for example, 7 league goals in 15 league starts? It is much more reflective of the minutes he's played. The reason is because you are trying to make him seem worse than he is to reflect your opinion, rather than letting the statistics speak for themselves.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024