Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released 13:30 - Feb 1 with 1850 viewshomer_123

As well as an excellent watch - just go and have a little look at the Cast - it really is quite unreal who is in it!!!!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 13:36 - Feb 1 with 1797 viewsPlums

It's worth seeking out some of the We Have Ways podcasts as they have quite a few where it's featured - including some watch alongs.
It's a seminal work.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 13:39 - Feb 1 with 1785 viewsdavblue

had this on the planner for 5 years but never got around to watching it.

Will have to get on this!
Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 14:03 - Feb 1 with 1724 viewsBiGDonnie

Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 13:39 - Feb 1 by davblue

It's my fav ever series I think, you won't be disappointed.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 14:11 - Feb 1 with 1704 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 14:03 - Feb 1 by BiGDonnie

One of mine also.

The Pacific miniseries made later HBO, is well worth watching too.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 14:17 - Feb 1 with 1680 viewsBiGDonnie

Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 14:11 - Feb 1 by StochesStotasBlewe

One of mine also.

The Pacific miniseries made later HBO, is well worth watching too.

Yup. Remember watching that shortly after and whilst enjoyable, it doesn't' come close to BOB, IMO.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 14:19 - Feb 1 with 1671 viewsKeno

Its the very last scenes where the actual characters start talk that get to me

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 14:21 - Feb 1 with 1662 viewsKieran_Knows

Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 14:03 - Feb 1 by BiGDonnie

Totally agree, mine also!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 14:24 - Feb 1 with 1654 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 14:19 - Feb 1 by Keno

Its the very last scenes where the actual characters start talk that get to me

Major Dick Winters war memoirs are a decent read.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Login to get fewer ads

Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 14:28 - Feb 1 with 1639 viewsLesta_Tractor

Rewatched the series recently, I'd forgotten just how upsetting "why we fight" was.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2023 14:29]

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 10:35 - Feb 3 with 1337 viewsStrimmer

Just saw this post, I also rewatched recently and was struck by how unforgiving it is. Very confusing at times, characters come and go and hard to tell apart in the snow or under their coats and helmets, lots of information delivered quickly and opaquely. These are all compliments!

Rather like The Wire it challenges the viewer to comprehend the reality of war and refuses to sugar coat or spoon feed. Seminal work.

Poll: Was it a punch?

Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 11:30 - Feb 3 with 1300 viewsElephantintheRoom

They’ve just finished the USAAF version based on a B-17 Bomber crew’s experience. Years in the making - with Tom Hanks once again involved - should be good

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 11:33 - Feb 3 with 1292 viewsKeno

Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 11:30 - Feb 3 by ElephantintheRoom

They’ve just finished the USAAF version based on a B-17 Bomber crew’s experience. Years in the making - with Tom Hanks once again involved - should be good

Ive been looking out for that

I guess it will be a bit like an extended Memphis Belle

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 11:37 - Feb 3 with 1277 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Incredible series.

As of a few months ago every single guy who served in Easy Company 506th PIR during the war has now passed away.

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 13:23 - Feb 3 with 1179 viewsRIPbobby

When they discover 'you know what' towards the end of the series is just so heartbreaking. Well filmed and well acted.
Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 01:48 - Feb 4 with 1023 viewsBrads

Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 11:30 - Feb 3 by ElephantintheRoom

It’s called ‘Masters of the Air’. Apple TV+ bought it though, annoyingly. Not very familiar with Apple TV but will subscribe to watch it when it’s released.
Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 07:44 - Feb 4 with 952 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 01:48 - Feb 4 by Brads

It’s called ‘Masters of the Air’. Apple TV+ bought it though, annoyingly. Not very familiar with Apple TV but will subscribe to watch it when it’s released.

Large parts of that were filmed in Suffolk as well.. We have an abundance of 2nd world war airbases in a variety of conditions. Tom Hanks and his team visited a few to pick filming locations as well as get inspiration
Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 07:44 - Feb 4 with 950 viewsHerbivore

It's a stunning piece of television and really raised the bar in terms of production values for TV series. You're right about the cast as well, so many actors who went on to have successful Hollywood careers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 07:47 - Feb 4 with 942 viewsbelgablue

Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 13:39 - Feb 1 by davblue

I'm quite envious that you have it to look forward to. I normally watch the whole series again every few years. One of the best things you will ever watch.

Looking forward to masters of the air coming out soon.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 08:45 - Feb 4 with 913 viewshatch

Unpopular opinion: I watched this a few months ago for the first time given the rave reviews and whilst there were some good episodes I couldn’t get into it.

I do like war dramas but regardless of the star studded cast I just found it a touch to slow for me.
Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 08:47 - Feb 4 with 908 viewsHerbivore

Band of Brothers - decided to revisit after seeing it when first released on 08:45 - Feb 4 by hatch

Unpopular opinion: I watched this a few months ago for the first time given the rave reviews and whilst there were some good episodes I couldn’t get into it.

I do like war dramas but regardless of the star studded cast I just found it a touch to slow for me.

Get in the sea.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024