Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hladky taking on two attackers. 15:27 - Oct 4 with 2833 viewsGlasgowBlue

Seen a lot of clips today of his coolness in passing to Fridge. But this clip shows how much pressure he was under with the attackers running at him.

Just gets better every time.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Hladky taking on two attackers. on 15:31 - Oct 4 with 2766 viewsJakeITFC

Well enjoyed by everyone behind him in the North Stand who seemed to all recognise Hladky's part in the goal, and was nice to see a couple of players come to him to celebrate when it went in.

I say everyone, maybe not the bloke who shouted 'How many fcuking times, just put your foot through it man' when he played a risky pass into the midfield early on in the game.
Hladky taking on two attackers. on 15:33 - Oct 4 with 2740 viewsitfcsuth

I hope there is no ott reaction when somebody inevitably makes an error whilst we play this way.

It's how we play, it's how we create so much space further up the field, and it has worked so well for us for so long.
Yeh you can just about hear the numpties in the clip on 15:37 - Oct 4 with 2696 viewsDyland

Hladky taking on two attackers. on 15:31 - Oct 4 by JakeITFC

Well enjoyed by everyone behind him in the North Stand who seemed to all recognise Hladky's part in the goal, and was nice to see a couple of players come to him to celebrate when it went in.

I say everyone, maybe not the bloke who shouted 'How many fcuking times, just put your foot through it man' when he played a risky pass into the midfield early on in the game.

When Hladky first gets the ball, there's a low level squeaking.

I clapped him from the Upper North but he was too cool for school to take the plaudits :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Hladky taking on two attackers. on 15:41 - Oct 4 with 2663 viewsitfcjoe

I clapped as he made the pass to Fridge and my Dad moaned that people clapping him will just encourage him to do it again.......!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Hladky taking on two attackers. on 15:42 - Oct 4 with 2644 viewsBiGDonnie

Just like watching Brazil.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Hladky taking on two attackers. on 15:44 - Oct 4 with 2623 viewshomer_123

Hladky taking on two attackers. on 15:41 - Oct 4 by itfcjoe

I clapped as he made the pass to Fridge and my Dad moaned that people clapping him will just encourage him to do it again.......!

Interesting you say that - my dad cannot cope with us playing this way - just thinks we are going to get caught every time.

Despite evidence to the contrary and us having a discussion that this is how KM wants them to play and he's happy with the risk as he believes the benefits outweigh those risks, especially in the long run.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Ha! Tell your dad he's a tvat on 15:44 - Oct 4 with 2619 viewsDyland

Hladky taking on two attackers. on 15:41 - Oct 4 by itfcjoe

x

Hladky taking on two attackers. on 15:45 - Oct 4 with 2613 viewsBlueandTruesince82

What a fabulous goal that is, one end to the other in what, 30s? Absolutely carved them open didn't we.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Login to get fewer ads

what I replied above nft on 15:45 - Oct 4 with 2609 viewsDyland

Hladky taking on two attackers. on 15:44 - Oct 4 by homer_123

Interesting you say that - my dad cannot cope with us playing this way - just thinks we are going to get caught every time.

Despite evidence to the contrary and us having a discussion that this is how KM wants them to play and he's happy with the risk as he believes the benefits outweigh those risks, especially in the long run.

Hladky taking on two attackers. on 15:46 - Oct 4 with 2598 viewsitfcjoe

Hladky taking on two attackers. on 15:44 - Oct 4 by homer_123

My Dad is getting used to it, and think it was a bit tongue in cheek and watches a lot of PL so knows it is what we 'should' be doing but still is a massive panicker when actually watching it play out in front of him

As is Johnny Wark who should know better!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Hladky taking on two attackers. on 15:48 - Oct 4 with 2577 viewsDJR

I was behind him in the North Stand and thought the only option he had, with two people bearing down on him, was to lump it.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a goalkeeper do something like that in such circumstances.
Hladky taking on two attackers. on 15:48 - Oct 4 with 2565 viewshomer_123

Hladky taking on two attackers. on 15:46 - Oct 4 by itfcjoe

My Dad is getting used to it, and think it was a bit tongue in cheek and watches a lot of PL so knows it is what we 'should' be doing but still is a massive panicker when actually watching it play out in front of him

Same, he groans and it is clearly causing him consternation.

He's really loving watching us but he cannot cope with how often we play out.

We do have a laugh and joke about it!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Hladky taking on two attackers. on 15:58 - Oct 4 with 2488 viewsGeoffSentence

Just look at the time and space the the Fridge has on the ball because of that.

Top notch work from Hlad the impaler.

It's this kind of stuff that make me fret a little bit about Walton coming back in, VH is just so good at this would CW be able to do it so well?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Hladky taking on two attackers. on 16:01 - Oct 4 with 2466 viewsbaxterbasics

Love it.

From time to time this style is going to backfire, we just got to accept that and appreciate that on balance, over the long run, it is paying dividends.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Hladky taking on two attackers. on 17:43 - Oct 4 with 2190 viewsBluespeed225

And a nice little Norman Wisdom walk from Chappers to celebrate. His control was exquisite as it could have gone all Max Wall…
Hladky taking on two attackers. on 19:34 - Oct 4 with 2033 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I must say that I have felt you have over-egged Hladky's part in starting attacks at times, but this is spot on. It looked risky at the time but it really was very composed.

It also showed the difference between Town's press and Hull's. Two players went for Hladky and left the pass out to Edmundson wide open. When we press, the right players go all at the right time to effectively close everything off.

Anyway, up until yesterday I thought Walton was the better keeper and that McKenna would bring him back in. I was wrong. McKenna has decided Hladky is the better keeper right now and I can't argue with that anymore.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Hladky taking on two attackers. on 19:36 - Oct 4 with 2011 viewsFrimleyBlue

Don't think anyone can really say Walton should come back in. Not yet

Hladkys conceded just 11 goals in 10 games. 4 of those in one game. Clean sheets in half of them.

And then we talk about his football which has come beautifully.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Hladky taking on two attackers. on 20:34 - Oct 4 with 1886 viewsDubtractor

This goal has been shared by so many twitter football accounts today! Safe to say that we are definitely not going under the radar now, if we ever were before.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Hladky taking on two attackers. on 20:55 - Oct 4 with 1812 viewscharlie1

Hladky taking on two attackers. on 20:34 - Oct 4 by Dubtractor

This goal has been shared by so many twitter football accounts today! Safe to say that we are definitely not going under the radar now, if we ever were before.

So much to love about it.
Harness coming across the front of their right back to bring him out to the halfway line, Luongo starts to go with Davis then checks his run when he sees where Harness is and the space he’s created in behind for Davis on the overlap.

They are so well drilled. Everyone has a role, everyone understands the plan.
It’s beautiful to watch and very hard to stop.
Hladky taking on two attackers. on 21:37 - Oct 4 with 1701 viewsVic

Hladky taking on two attackers. on 15:46 - Oct 4 by itfcjoe

Russell Osman doesn’t seem too keen on it either!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024