Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elite level blubbing from Arsenal 21:11 - Nov 5 with 4135 viewsIllinoisblue

As if they’ve put out a club statement. What exactly was VAR supposed to overturn? Ball wasn’t out of play, and there was no foul.

Should have brought a striker instead of setting 65 million pounds on fire in the name of Kai Havertz.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 21:13 - Nov 5 with 3245 viewsHerbivore

I thought it probably was a foul to be fair but it wasn't exactly a howler of a decision.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 21:15 - Nov 5 with 3208 viewsFrimleyBlue

Scrap Var.

Go back to how it was

Footballs always been controversial.. but it was better to be naturally controversial rather than bemoaning video replay decisions.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 21:23 - Nov 5 with 3175 viewsSwansea_Blue

Every chance the ball was in play and very doubtful there was a foul. I haven’t seen a shot that sheds any light on the offside call.

Massive baby blub though. Pathetic really. There are far worse decisions every match day.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 21:28 - Nov 5 with 3154 viewsIllinoisblue

Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 21:15 - Nov 5 by FrimleyBlue

Scrap Var.

Go back to how it was

Footballs always been controversial.. but it was better to be naturally controversial rather than bemoaning video replay decisions.

100% agree. Have technology to determine if a ball crossed the goal line and that’s it. Having another ref hundreds of miles away taking four minutes and looking at 17 different angles to see if a striker’s elbow was half a centimeter offside… fack off.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 21:34 - Nov 5 with 3074 viewspointofblue

Or why they spent so much on Raya. If he was a clear upgrade on Ramsdale, fine, but...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 21:37 - Nov 5 with 3065 viewsStewart27

Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 21:28 - Nov 5 by Illinoisblue

100% agree. Have technology to determine if a ball crossed the goal line and that’s it. Having another ref hundreds of miles away taking four minutes and looking at 17 different angles to see if a striker’s elbow was half a centimeter offside… fack off.

How on earth have they made offside subjective? It’s lunacy. It should be grounded feet and you’d have a decision almost as quick as goal line technology. That’s how offside should he decided and it would be the skill and nouse of the striker to hold their run.
Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 21:53 - Nov 5 with 2954 viewsMattinLondon

It was a clear foul. However, I’m sure that in the past Arsenal have benefit from referees missing fouls and they don’t complain then.

I’m fed-up with managers, fans and pundits taking aim at referees. Plenty of good young refs are continually giving up officiating because of the abuse that they receive.
Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 21:59 - Nov 5 with 2924 viewscharlie1

Scrap Var.

Go back to how it was

Yep, bin the technology by all means, nobody is benefitting from it, not even the officials.

But that MUST go together with further rules that only the captain can approach the ref and more cards for dissent.
Otherwise we’ll have 11 players chasing a ref to try and influence a decision in a way they can’t with VAR.
Login to get fewer ads

Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 22:01 - Nov 5 with 2914 viewsTheBoyBlue

Seems totally OTT from them. Swings and roundabouts, even within the game itself.

There are genuine issues with VAR, but whatever gripes managers have with this and refereeing, it is undermined by this kind of reaction and the likes of Gary O'Neill moaning that it wasn't a penalty against Wolves yesterday when it clearly was. If clubs and managers want to be taken seriously, they need to revert from the default view that every decision against them is wrong.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 22:02 - Nov 5 with 2907 viewsBlueNomad

I look forward to Arteta’s reaction next time they get a controversial VAR decision in their favour.
Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 22:05 - Nov 5 with 2895 viewsredrickstuhaart

Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 21:53 - Nov 5 by MattinLondon

It was a clear foul. However, I’m sure that in the past Arsenal have benefit from referees missing fouls and they don’t complain then.

I’m fed-up with managers, fans and pundits taking aim at referees. Plenty of good young refs are continually giving up officiating because of the abuse that they receive.

It was a clear foul. But they should have had ten men by then anyway. And the ball probably wasnt out.

Absolute muppets.
Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 22:40 - Nov 5 with 2768 viewscharlie1

And on a related matter, does the Luton result still mean that, if Liverpool miss out on the Prem title by two points, it’s still only because of the VAR decision at Tottenham?

I’m unsure how much their own failings can be held responsible for their league position.
Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 22:58 - Nov 5 with 2723 viewsGarv

They should be sanctioned in some way for behaving like that.

We've all observed Arteta's antics on the touchline since he became a manager. I hope whoever that statement is aimed at has a good laugh about it because it's ridiculous.

Of all the controversies of recent times, I can't believe this one is even being talked about. Apparently you can't be unlucky anymore, it must be someone's fault.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 23:00 - Nov 5 with 2718 viewsmylittletown

Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 21:34 - Nov 5 by pointofblue

Or why they spent so much on Raya. If he was a clear upgrade on Ramsdale, fine, but...

Raya and Havertz would appear to be idiotic signings, especially given that Ramsdale could not have been regarded as a weakness last season.

Having said that, it was an obvious foul and how on earth the VAR people didn't give it is beyond me.
There is nothing wrong with VAR or the principle behind it, cf DRS in cricket. The problem is that it has shown up how poor the VAR operators are. You can't blame the ref for not seeing the foul at the far post, he missed it in real time only, but you can absolutely blame the people who saw the same replay as we did.
Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 23:32 - Nov 5 with 2609 viewsGarv

Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 21:53 - Nov 5 by MattinLondon

Pundits and broadcasters have caused the game a lot of damage over the last 10-15 years, and they probably don't even see it.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 07:24 - Nov 6 with 2327 viewsChurchman

Scrap Var.

Go back to how it was

Agree. Get rid of it. Keep goal line technology but ditch the rest. It’s more trouble than it’s worth.

I understand the idea that it means more correct decisions, but it’s not foolproof and it spoils the immediacy and flow of the game. The ball goes in, the ref gives it, crowd goes mad in the length of time it takes to read this. That’s how it should be. Not endless reviews and hissing about.

Human error is part of it. Where their attention should be focussed is cheating. Mealy mouthed words like ‘simulation’ legitimise this and it’s utterly corrosive and grinds my gears. Haranguing and intimidating refs as players and the likes of Arteta do - not good.

Easily solved: bring in rules to stop it on the field akin to Rugby and use footage to retrospectively look at diving etc. where it’s 100% clear a player has dived, which it often is, three match ban. Sorted.

Back to the Newcastle game, the lino must have reckoned the ball was touching the line and in real time it looked a goal. Yes there was contact with the defender and a potential foul so it could be argued the other way, but I felt it was ok.

Arsenal, as a big club, have had many big decisions go their way over the years. Not this time, so what. Get on with it stop whining is my view.
Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 07:29 - Nov 6 with 2306 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

For me, the one of the best part of going to football is celebrating your team scoring. Waiting for a video replay takes all the spontaneity out of it. And it’s pitiful to see the biggest clubs being sore losers.

Get rid.
Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 07:35 - Nov 6 with 2283 viewsbluejacko

Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 07:24 - Nov 6 by Churchman

Agree. Get rid of it. Keep goal line technology but ditch the rest. It’s more trouble than it’s worth.

I understand the idea that it means more correct decisions, but it’s not foolproof and it spoils the immediacy and flow of the game. The ball goes in, the ref gives it, crowd goes mad in the length of time it takes to read this. That’s how it should be. Not endless reviews and hissing about.

Human error is part of it. Where their attention should be focussed is cheating. Mealy mouthed words like ‘simulation’ legitimise this and it’s utterly corrosive and grinds my gears. Haranguing and intimidating refs as players and the likes of Arteta do - not good.

Easily solved: bring in rules to stop it on the field akin to Rugby and use footage to retrospectively look at diving etc. where it’s 100% clear a player has dived, which it often is, three match ban. Sorted.

Back to the Newcastle game, the lino must have reckoned the ball was touching the line and in real time it looked a goal. Yes there was contact with the defender and a potential foul so it could be argued the other way, but I felt it was ok.

Arsenal, as a big club, have had many big decisions go their way over the years. Not this time, so what. Get on with it stop whining is my view.

Exactly, the rest of the leagues get on fine without it so why is the premier league any different? And while their at it get Lino’s to put the flag up when the player is offside NOT ten minutes later😡
Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 07:36 - Nov 6 with 2276 viewsBluespeed225

Scrap Var.

Go back to how it was

Hate VAR . However, if we’d had it in 1975 we’d have another Cup on our shelf😀
Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 07:43 - Nov 6 with 2246 viewsChurchman

Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 07:35 - Nov 6 by bluejacko

Exactly, the rest of the leagues get on fine without it so why is the premier league any different? And while their at it get Lino’s to put the flag up when the player is offside NOT ten minutes later😡

I noticed that flag thing the other day. What’s that all about? If he’s offside, he’s offside ffs. Put the flag up immediately as they used to!

Oh, they are not ‘Assistant Referees’. They are Linesmen. Lino’s for short. Grrr
Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 08:41 - Nov 6 with 2073 viewscharlie1

Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 07:43 - Nov 6 by Churchman

I noticed that flag thing the other day. What’s that all about? If he’s offside, he’s offside ffs. Put the flag up immediately as they used to!

Oh, they are not ‘Assistant Referees’. They are Linesmen. Lino’s for short. Grrr

That’s only a VAR thing.
Wait until the move develops to a conclusion and then put your flag up.

Otherwise flag goes up, play stops, then VAR shows the player was onside after all and denied a goal-scoring opportunity.

It’s madness though.
Imagine not being able to celebrate a goal without a five minute wait.
Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 09:33 - Nov 6 with 1975 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Scrap Var.

Go back to how it was

Yep, this

Seems that with VAR in place there is now an expectation that everything will be 100% correct and teams are somehow being cheated if decisions don’t go their way, which is ridiculous given a lot of things remain subjective. Hence now when controversial calls happen we are in the world of official statements, demands for things to be done and threats of legal action, rather than the odd amusing post match rant from a manager

Chuck it in the bin

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 09:49 - Nov 6 with 1899 viewsVaughan8

Strange club. Celebrate like they've won the world cup when the beat teams like Everton and now this now they've lost.

VAR isn't great, we know that, but i'm sure they get decisions sometimes.

The ball is debatable, the foul probably does look like one, and he's not offside. SOmetimes fouls like that happen at corners and aren't given.

They do get very emotional.
Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 09:50 - Nov 6 with 1884 viewsVaughan8

Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 07:35 - Nov 6 by bluejacko

You must understand why though?

However, its only qa matter of time before play carries on and ther eis a major injury or something.
Elite level blubbing from Arsenal on 10:12 - Nov 6 with 1792 viewsChrisd

Arteta is perfectly fine if VAR works in his favour, otherwise we get an outburst like on Saturday evening, he’s a total hypocrite. Personally, I find him the most irritating manager in the EPL, the sooner an opposition player clatters into him whilst he’s out of the technical area the better!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024