Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My take on Chambo 12:42 - Jan 31 with 4138 viewsmaccyd9

I know someone who know's him well. Just heard from him saying it's a possibility that it will happen. Not news I know.

But he also said to me that Chambo is gutted. Absolutely loves the club, the area and does not want to leave but feels like he has little choice given the lack of dialogue RE his contract. Tellingly, apparently he would want to return to live in Ipswich when his career ends.

Now my view. Chambo single handedly re-connected the club and fans and has been a brilliant leader in his time here. He is not the most naturally gifted but often cult heroes aren't....and he is one...and we've had precious few of them recently.

We should building our club on people/men like this, not driving them out. We as a club should be thinking about what he can do over the next few years for us once he retires.

Losing Chambo would be an outrageous piece of PR by the club and a big loss to that connection between the fans and club when there is little left. Sadly, what will be left will remind me of a side/lack of leaders akin to the Bullard and Chopra era .
My take on Chambo on 12:45 - Jan 31 with 3717 viewsbontcho

I'm a cult hero and clearly the most talented footballer ever to grace Portman Road.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

My take on Chambo on 12:46 - Jan 31 with 3679 viewsCotty

"Tellingly, apparently he would want to return to live in Ipswich when his career ends."

This proves how sh*t Kettering is!
My take on Chambo on 12:47 - Jan 31 with 3618 viewsSwansea_Blue

I can believe all of that. What we don't know though is what his (his agent's) demands are, assuming they've even got that far. And if not, then if the club want to keep him and trigger the extra year, you'd have thought they'd have reassured him. Seems a bit of a strange panic decision to me, but I'm just not sure who's panicking most!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

My take on Chambo on 12:48 - Jan 31 with 3561 viewstheblueginger

This.

I fear being played out of position and sections of our 'support' have ruined his legacy here.

I'm just waiting for the fans that have mercilessly slated him to scream blue murder when he signs for Forest.
My take on Chambo on 12:49 - Jan 31 with 3544 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah, really poor by the club this.

We struggle to sign players & we're letting one go who desperately wants to be here? Odd.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

My take on Chambo on 12:50 - Jan 31 with 3500 viewsbontcho

Whilst I totally understand the desire to make our squad younger with a higher potential resale value there has to be a balance. Chambers could be a modern day Mowbray, an experienced head and a link from manager to squad. Who else is going to do that? Berra is leaving, not sure Skuse is that mentality.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

My take on Chambo on 12:53 - Jan 31 with 3439 viewsITFC_Forever

I know someone who saw him shopping in town last summer / summer before and stopped and asked for a photo / autograph with the kids.

He asked Chambo if he's spending any time back home over the summer and he said Ipswich is his home.

Maccy is right, he's done wonders for the fan / club relationship in his time here... what the hell are we playing at?!
[Post edited 31 Jan 2017 12:54]

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

My take on Chambo on 12:56 - Jan 31 with 3343 viewsSitfcB

My thoughts exactly, well said.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

My take on Chambo on 13:00 - Jan 31 with 3246 viewsSwailsey

Spot on - and hope if he does go, one of the members on here who have key contacts are able to let him know that is appreciated by the majority - for the work he's done both on and off the pitch.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

My take on Chambo on 13:00 - Jan 31 with 3233 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Leaves a really sour taste in the mouth this

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

My take on Chambo on 13:05 - Jan 31 with 3131 viewsmaccyd9

My take on Chambo on 12:53 - Jan 31 by ITFC_Forever

I know someone who saw him shopping in town last summer / summer before and stopped and asked for a photo / autograph with the kids.

He asked Chambo if he's spending any time back home over the summer and he said Ipswich is his home.

Maccy is right, he's done wonders for the fan / club relationship in his time here... what the hell are we playing at?!
[Post edited 31 Jan 2017 12:54]

I remember him being interviewed and was asked whether he was going home during the international break and he said "I am home". Same thing but sometimes those little things mean so much to fans of a club like ours whereby you often see the location being criticised.
My take on Chambo on 13:12 - Jan 31 with 3009 viewshochiblue

My take on Chambo on 13:05 - Jan 31 by maccyd9

I remember him being interviewed and was asked whether he was going home during the international break and he said "I am home". Same thing but sometimes those little things mean so much to fans of a club like ours whereby you often see the location being criticised.

Do you think that it might be at his age, he wants a three year contract, not just another year tacked on. ME clearly trimming costs again.
My take on Chambo on 13:15 - Jan 31 with 2924 viewsmaccyd9

My take on Chambo on 13:12 - Jan 31 by hochiblue

Do you think that it might be at his age, he wants a three year contract, not just another year tacked on. ME clearly trimming costs again.

It's probable yes and I do get that the club has to weight a number of things up.

But, we have the option on his contact. Why don't we take the year option meaning Chambo has stability until next season at least and we don't lose him.

I'd understand too if he had 6 months left but he doesn't.

Sometimes as a club you've just got to do things that keeps the fans (customers) happy. Fine, don't spend £3m on Hugil, but not selling your captain and talisman on deadline day should be a given, for any club.
My take on Chambo on 13:16 - Jan 31 with 2889 viewsCambonbleu

I wonder if we're now conducting our transfers and making our football decisions with freshly purchased Tombola machine.

The 1 bloke who actually wants to be here - we don't take up the option on his contract and he decides to go. Surely, if the club actually wanted him, he'd be signing a new contract now not moving up the road. This is an actual joke. Awful planning also - we now about the club's record on getting replacements in

Poll: How many Season Ticket holders will ITFC have next season?
Blog: Why All the Positivity?

My take on Chambo on 13:19 - Jan 31 with 2841 viewsfloridaboy

My take on Chambo on 13:16 - Jan 31 by Cambonbleu

I wonder if we're now conducting our transfers and making our football decisions with freshly purchased Tombola machine.

The 1 bloke who actually wants to be here - we don't take up the option on his contract and he decides to go. Surely, if the club actually wanted him, he'd be signing a new contract now not moving up the road. This is an actual joke. Awful planning also - we now about the club's record on getting replacements in

Sorry but if the player loves it here so much he can say no and look elsewhere in the summer or hope the club triggers the one year option
My take on Chambo on 13:20 - Jan 31 with 2809 viewstextbackup

Thing is he's looked so much better since being put in a three at the back, after 4 seasons he's finally where he should be playing and we are getting rid.

Must say in times like this I really don't give a fck about that club

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

My take on Chambo on 13:22 - Jan 31 with 2731 viewsNewcyBlue

My take on Chambo on 13:19 - Jan 31 by floridaboy

Sorry but if the player loves it here so much he can say no and look elsewhere in the summer or hope the club triggers the one year option

Or he can think about his family's future and a contract is more important

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

My take on Chambo on 13:23 - Jan 31 with 2701 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

My take on Chambo on 13:20 - Jan 31 by textbackup

Thing is he's looked so much better since being put in a three at the back, after 4 seasons he's finally where he should be playing and we are getting rid.

Must say in times like this I really don't give a fck about that club

Mick clearly had no plans to let chambers go and was talking about him having next season too. Didn't chambers say he would finish his career here too?

This seems so blatantly Evans not putting the contract offer down that Everyone wants

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

My take on Chambo on 13:26 - Jan 31 with 2623 viewschicoazul

My take on Chambo on 13:15 - Jan 31 by maccyd9

It's probable yes and I do get that the club has to weight a number of things up.

But, we have the option on his contact. Why don't we take the year option meaning Chambo has stability until next season at least and we don't lose him.

I'd understand too if he had 6 months left but he doesn't.

Sometimes as a club you've just got to do things that keeps the fans (customers) happy. Fine, don't spend £3m on Hugil, but not selling your captain and talisman on deadline day should be a given, for any club.

Nobody under contract leaves the club without Mick saying so. It could be that he feels this squad has run its race and he needs to get some fresh new faces in the team, hence Chambers going and in all likelihood Berra Douglas and maybe Sears following him out of the door.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

My take on Chambo on 14:00 - Jan 31 with 2376 viewssolemio

My take on Chambo on 12:45 - Jan 31 by bontcho

I'm a cult hero and clearly the most talented footballer ever to grace Portman Road.

I know you happy, and that you are the most talented Ipswich player who has gone on to be Player - Manager of Hendon.
My take on Chambo on 14:09 - Jan 31 with 2258 viewsTheSelkirk

....... and Leon Best is still here - something wrong somewhere me thinks
My take on Chambo on 14:13 - Jan 31 with 2209 viewsRyorry

Appalling - disgraceful by the club, I'm gutted.

Thanks Chambo for all everything you've done for us, wish you all the best (except if/when playing against us, which I'm finding simply unthinkable right now).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

My take on Chambo on 14:15 - Jan 31 with 2140 viewsTaricco_Fan

Hear, hear.

It would be madness to let him go now he's got a chance at making his natural CB position his own. A very passionate player and captain. I will be very sad to see him go and very angry with the club for letting it happen.
My take on Chambo on 14:16 - Jan 31 with 2128 viewsJETPower

My take on Chambo on 14:13 - Jan 31 by Ryorry

Appalling - disgraceful by the club, I'm gutted.

Thanks Chambo for all everything you've done for us, wish you all the best (except if/when playing against us, which I'm finding simply unthinkable right now).

If it is £1m or more, he has to go. Any less than £500k and it is stupid, more trouble than it's worth.
My take on Chambo on 14:18 - Jan 31 with 2102 viewsitfcjoe

Great post Maccy.

Mick and Chambo pulled this club back from the brink and we are treating them like sh*t.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024