Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football 14:04 - Feb 3 with 3251 viewsDolly2.0

was a 6-0 home win over Bristol City in 2007. TEN YEARS AGO!

We had a crowd of over 22,000 that day as well.

Maybe we never should've got rid of Jim Magilton.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 14:06 - Feb 3 with 2547 viewsITFC_Forever

Don't fall in to the trap of forgetting just how poor that last season was under Jim.

It was right he went - just because things haven't worked out since, doesn't alter that.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 14:09 - Feb 3 with 2530 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

That second half against QPR was quite exciting..

Two goals, 3 missed one on ones. Loads of shots. Complete dominance. Lovely passing football

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 14:14 - Feb 3 with 2499 viewsPinewoodblue

The 3-2 away win at Blackpool was exciting and the news later sad.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 14:22 - Feb 3 with 2484 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Whilst they have been few and far between, Mick has produced some good performances.

Middlesbrough at home two seasons ago was a better performance than that Bristol City game, and was brilliant, exciting, attacking.

Poll: Best Football Song

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 14:26 - Feb 3 with 2471 viewsITFC_Forever

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 14:22 - Feb 3 by RoyKeanesDog

Whilst they have been few and far between, Mick has produced some good performances.

Middlesbrough at home two seasons ago was a better performance than that Bristol City game, and was brilliant, exciting, attacking.

I'll raise you Brentford away on Boxing Day 2014.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 14:35 - Feb 3 with 2439 viewsSWGF

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 14:26 - Feb 3 by ITFC_Forever

Sadly those "in your face", intensive, incessant performances are a world away from what we've produced for over a year now.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 14:37 - Feb 3 with 2434 viewsBlueBadger

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 14:06 - Feb 3 by ITFC_Forever

Don't fall in to the trap of forgetting just how poor that last season was under Jim.

It was right he went - just because things haven't worked out since, doesn't alter that.

What followed him was definitely a case of 'be careful what you wish for', mind.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 14:48 - Feb 3 with 2411 viewsFtnfwest

Jim's team pasted Wolves 3-0 the week before that as well, had 10 minutes of being hacked around and elbows in face etc, Alexander saved a penalty and then we were away. Forget the Wolves managers name...
Login to get fewer ads

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 14:50 - Feb 3 with 2397 viewshorsehollerer

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 14:26 - Feb 3 by ITFC_Forever

Not sure about that. Yes, we scored 4 great goals that day from "brilliant, exciting, attacking football" (as per OP) but we were outplayed for large parts of that game. We had less than 34.8% possession and made only 297 passes (63% completion rate) vs Brentford's 545 passes (83%).

Not to take anything away from Town, or from such a great result, but it's amazing what a difference it made when we were confident, had a bit of momentum, and Murph was on fire. We were effective and hit them early in that game. Not a lot else was different about our approach or play IMO.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 15:04 - Feb 3 with 2353 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Ah, don't. I was in bed with a terrible 3 day sickness, had a ticket and lived in London- just couldn't get out of bed. Probably one of only about 5 days since I was 12 that I didn't smoke a cigarette.

Got Lucan his ticket as a Christmas present, he accused me of suffering from a hangover at first.

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 16:32 - Feb 3 with 2225 viewsLightningboy

Been downhill ever since Jimbo got the push,ok he might've made a few dud signings when the cash came in but he had this club in his heart and knew how to play decent football.

Time was there was excitement on almost a weekly basis under Burley and to some extent Royle,now there are posters trying to remember 1 or 2 good performances over the last 2 years.

I despair.
Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 16:37 - Feb 3 with 2216 viewsStokieBlue

Even better - what would we give for a midfielder like Jim now.

That would make a huge difference.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 16:39 - Feb 3 with 2211 viewsitfcjoe

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 16:32 - Feb 3 by Lightningboy

Been downhill ever since Jimbo got the push,ok he might've made a few dud signings when the cash came in but he had this club in his heart and knew how to play decent football.

Time was there was excitement on almost a weekly basis under Burley and to some extent Royle,now there are posters trying to remember 1 or 2 good performances over the last 2 years.

I despair.

Been downhill ever since Jimbo got given money to spend.

Our style of football and results went backwards when he invested more - that last season under Jim was an absolute borefest as he totally lost his way.

Such a shame as he did so well before we had the money

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 17:07 - Feb 3 with 2177 viewsBackToRussia

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 16:39 - Feb 3 by itfcjoe

Our style of football and results went backwards when he invested more - that last season under Jim was an absolute borefest as he totally lost his way.

Still, it was only one poor season, and MM has had that too.
In hindsight it's hard to argue against the fact that JM should have had another season to see what he could do to turn it around.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 17:20 - Feb 3 with 2136 viewspointofblue

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 16:39 - Feb 3 by itfcjoe

Exactly, Jim was doing fine until the money again - then he really struggled with the pressure. I never understood why he got the QPR job for that very reason; he did start well there but when the wheels came off...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 17:37 - Feb 3 with 2092 viewsOxfordTH_1981

Depends how you define "brilliant" but our 4-1 or 4-2 win away at Brentford on Boxing Day 2014 when Murphy scored from kick off was pretty devastatingly effective.
Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 17:41 - Feb 3 with 2079 viewsVillageBlue

I remember the Bristol City game well, not because I was there but because I wasn't! We were on holiday in Mallorca, I think I probably didn't have a mobile phone then and I recall continuously checking the score on teletext. I couldn't believe it, we'd scored another every time I looked! Can't remember who had my season ticket but I know they were very impressed. Now if I can't go I have real trouble finding someone to use it!
[Post edited 3 Feb 2017 17:41]
Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 19:25 - Feb 3 with 2020 viewsDebenBlue

To be fair beating West Ham 5-1 at home Jan 12 ( I think ) under Jewell was pretty decent !!
Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 19:31 - Feb 3 with 2005 viewsVaughan8

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 14:09 - Feb 3 by The_Romford_Blue

That second half against QPR was quite exciting..

Two goals, 3 missed one on ones. Loads of shots. Complete dominance. Lovely passing football

You really did enjoy that 2nd half! haha

Some people said QPR practically gave up and if we played like you describe there, they must have done!
Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 20:16 - Feb 3 with 1931 viewsitfcjoe

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 17:07 - Feb 3 by BackToRussia

Still, it was only one poor season, and MM has had that too.
In hindsight it's hard to argue against the fact that JM should have had another season to see what he could do to turn it around.

But he managed to fall out with everyone in the process - he wasn't even talking to the media for months.

He also went well backwards with investment, whereas Mick's poor season is at a similar investment level - not massively increased with expectations to match

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 21:15 - Feb 3 with 1857 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 20:16 - Feb 3 by itfcjoe

But he managed to fall out with everyone in the process - he wasn't even talking to the media for months.

He also went well backwards with investment, whereas Mick's poor season is at a similar investment level - not massively increased with expectations to match

I agree his inexperience shined in terms of media management etc, but he was treated poorly by fans and local media considering his career with the club.

I think he was worth another year, but we'll never know. I've heard from the horses mouth that he feels uncomfortable going back to Ipswich after the treatment he was subjected to as manager.

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 21:49 - Feb 3 with 1801 viewsWeirdFishes

Remember Pablo scoring a lovely goal that day. You

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 22:01 - Feb 3 with 1779 viewstextbackup

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 21:15 - Feb 3 by RoyKeanesDog

I agree his inexperience shined in terms of media management etc, but he was treated poorly by fans and local media considering his career with the club.

I think he was worth another year, but we'll never know. I've heard from the horses mouth that he feels uncomfortable going back to Ipswich after the treatment he was subjected to as manager.

I take no blame in that, I was banned at the time

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 22:19 - Feb 3 with 1737 viewsjpring89

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 19:25 - Feb 3 by DebenBlue

To be fair beating West Ham 5-1 at home Jan 12 ( I think ) under Jewell was pretty decent !!

I quite enjoyed the second half against barnsley away under jewell. Didnt we beat doncaster away 0-6 aswell not sure who under now.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 23:33 - Feb 3 with 1662 viewsDolly2.0

Last time I remember us playing brilliant, exciting, attacking football on 19:25 - Feb 3 by DebenBlue

Must admit I'd forgotten about that. And I take on board some of the other shouts in the thread, but none of those come close to that destruction of Bristol City, and it could've been more than six. I seem to remember thinking we should've hit double figures, though that could be the mind playing tricks.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024