Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it okay to punch Nazis? 10:23 - Aug 14 with 20293 viewsmonytowbray

Like actual Nazis, who do Nazi salutes, use the Swatstika and promote/follow the believes of Hitler?

Discuss.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:26 - Aug 14 with 6693 viewsunbelievablue

Define 'okay'.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:28 - Aug 14 with 6676 viewsmonytowbray

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:26 - Aug 14 by unbelievablue

Define 'okay'.

Do you have a problem with it.

TWTD never forgets…

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:32 - Aug 14 with 6659 viewsSarge

Yes, it's also okay to go much further than that.
Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:33 - Aug 14 with 6643 viewsmonytowbray

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:32 - Aug 14 by Sarge

Yes, it's also okay to go much further than that.

I was thinking that myself. At what point does freedom of speech become something that's outside of those respected freedoms? For me, having outright proud and open fascists committing terrorist acts is when the guns need to come out.

TWTD never forgets…

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:36 - Aug 14 with 6621 viewsNewcyBlue

Assume you are referring to this

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/14/drunken-american-beaten-up-for-giv

"The assailant, who has not been found, faces charges of causing bodily harm, it added."

The German Police seem to think it is not okay.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:37 - Aug 14 with 6607 viewsblue_oyster

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:33 - Aug 14 by monytowbray

I was thinking that myself. At what point does freedom of speech become something that's outside of those respected freedoms? For me, having outright proud and open fascists committing terrorist acts is when the guns need to come out.

Which begs the question, what is worse: Trotskyism or Veganism?

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:40 - Aug 14 with 6588 viewsSarge

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences, and we're talking here about the most evil terrorists in modern recorded history, murderers of millions. They must never be seen again and no tolerance should be shown to them or their beliefs.
Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:40 - Aug 14 with 6587 viewsThePitBoss

Same for these dudes?

Login to get fewer ads

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:41 - Aug 14 with 6577 viewsNo9

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:36 - Aug 14 by NewcyBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/14/drunken-american-beaten-up-for-giv

"The assailant, who has not been found, faces charges of causing bodily harm, it added."

The Germans have many laws that other countries don't have when it comes to Nazis.
Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:41 - Aug 14 with 6578 viewsBlue_Order

Most certainly. Anyone parading about with a swastika deserves at least a good hiding and the flagpole jabbed up their arse.
Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:43 - Aug 14 with 6556 viewsElderGrizzly

Probably best to let the Police arrest them rather than get arrested yourself?

However, i wouldn't stop anyone if they wished....
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 10:44]
Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:47 - Aug 14 with 6529 viewsNewcyBlue

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:41 - Aug 14 by No9

The Germans have many laws that other countries don't have when it comes to Nazis.

Of course.

Callis asked if it is okay or not. The German Police deem it not to be okay.

Personally, whenever I have been with MrsNewcy and she has been racially abused I have been ready to hurt, kill, maim. Luckily she has a rather calming affect on me, and she really doesn't let it bother her.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you may murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. In fact, violence merely increases hate.

Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." Martin Luther King Jr

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:51 - Aug 14 with 6499 viewsStokieBlue

I don't think vigilantism should be commended in any form.

Call the police and have them arrested. They will then get the punishment they deserve which will be far greater than any punch delivered to them.

Why would violence be acceptable in any situation? Why only Nazi's? What about the people at the McDonnell rally with big posters with Stalin on - he killed even more people with his purges. Should people have descended on them and punched them as well?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:52 - Aug 14 with 6490 viewsNo9

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:47 - Aug 14 by NewcyBlue

Of course.

Personally, whenever I have been with MrsNewcy and she has been racially abused I have been ready to hurt, kill, maim. Luckily she has a rather calming affect on me, and she really doesn't let it bother her.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you may murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. In fact, violence merely increases hate.

Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." Martin Luther King Jr

Have an uppie
Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:55 - Aug 14 with 6476 viewsimsureazzure

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:51 - Aug 14 by StokieBlue

I don't think vigilantism should be commended in any form.

Call the police and have them arrested. They will then get the punishment they deserve which will be far greater than any punch delivered to them.

Why would violence be acceptable in any situation? Why only Nazi's? What about the people at the McDonnell rally with big posters with Stalin on - he killed even more people with his purges. Should people have descended on them and punched them as well?

SB

Someone should have punched McDonnel when he waved Mao's little red book in the British parliament.

About 45 million killed, but that's communism, one eyed hypocritical apologists.
Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:57 - Aug 14 with 6460 viewsusm

No, I do believe assault is an offence.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:58 - Aug 14 with 6452 viewsTheBlueBarca

I think the better way of understanding this is to say, in your case is it okay to hit vegans?

If the answer is no, it's probably not okay to hit Nazi's either.

Unless they are literally on the verge of total control, or already have the guns pointed at you, and are undemocratically infringing on your rights to your beliefs in which case you have every right to fight back to oppose them... but blindsiding some bloke doing a silly salute because you disagree with him is probably putting him in a better light than he should be.

Just don't go around hitting people.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 11:04 - Aug 14 with 6416 viewschicoazul

What a stupid question.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 11:05 - Aug 14 with 6406 viewsmonytowbray

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:40 - Aug 14 by ThePitBoss

Same for these dudes?

Yes, fascism is fascism.

What people often confuse with points like the above is the left don't defend terrorism; the left defend condemning a whole race/religion based on a group of fascists within said group.

TWTD never forgets…

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 11:09 - Aug 14 with 6390 viewsmonytowbray

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:36 - Aug 14 by NewcyBlue

Was referring to the protests this weekend actually in the USA.

Trump and the right want to play the "both sides just as bad" card because there were a few scuffles from the counter protest. I saw one great photo today where a bloke doing a salute's face was deflecting off to the side as another bloke laid a fist right on his cheek. I just find it hard to say "Yeah, that's out of order" when the bloke was doing a Nazi salute.

TWTD never forgets…

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 11:09 - Aug 14 with 6379 viewsGunnsAirkick

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:40 - Aug 14 by ThePitBoss

Same for these dudes?

They're a different type of Nazi (religious fascists), so yeah they can feck off too. What is this odd thing with you alt-right types where you think because someone is opposed to a Nazi salutes, swastikas, burning crosses, etc, they'd think the picture you posted is all fine?

Violence isn't the answer, but I'd make an exception for anyone from the National Front or Al-Muhajiroun and wouldn't be sad to see either get a good kicking. They're both scum and cut from the same cloth.
Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 11:11 - Aug 14 with 6361 viewsLord_Lucan

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 11:12 - Aug 14 with 6350 viewsimsureazzure

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 11:09 - Aug 14 by GunnsAirkick

They're a different type of Nazi (religious fascists), so yeah they can feck off too. What is this odd thing with you alt-right types where you think because someone is opposed to a Nazi salutes, swastikas, burning crosses, etc, they'd think the picture you posted is all fine?

Violence isn't the answer, but I'd make an exception for anyone from the National Front or Al-Muhajiroun and wouldn't be sad to see either get a good kicking. They're both scum and cut from the same cloth.

The same for McDonnel and his hammer and sickle waving supporters of mass murder?
Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 11:12 - Aug 14 with 6337 viewsWeWereZombies

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 10:47 - Aug 14 by NewcyBlue

Of course.

Those final two sentences of your MLK quote were on a whiteboard at Goodge Street tube station on 16th June, in the days after the Manchester bombing and the London Bridge stabbings, in lieu of travel information. Good advice, although I think we also need to confront the racists (and that includes those few Muslims who actually believe that non-believers are inferior people) to let them know they are an unhealthy minority who are capable of doing great damage to us all (including themselves).

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 11:15 - Aug 14 with 6308 viewsStokieBlue

Is it okay to punch Nazis? on 11:05 - Aug 14 by monytowbray

Yes, fascism is fascism.

What people often confuse with points like the above is the left don't defend terrorism; the left defend condemning a whole race/religion based on a group of fascists within said group.

Do you want to refute the Stalin/Mao point?

Do you think it's acceptable to punch someone waving a big picture of Stalin and saying how they support his methods given he killed 50m people - far more than Hitler.

This did happen at McDonnell rallies during the election campaign.

The answer is you should never punch anybody, that is why we have a police force.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024