Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bishop 17:24 - Dec 28 with 6195 viewsfergalsharkey

Not being negative but I've never rated the guy as a player , I think it is a bit of a case of the kings New clothes, every body says he is great so every one agrees that he is.

I would say that physically he just isn't made for the job , very slight , small frame, and pro football is not for that kind of build these days.

Good luck to him but I can't see it happening for the guy.

Poll: Cook out?

Bishop on 17:28 - Dec 28 with 5411 viewsartsbossbeard

What are your thoughts on Andre then?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Bishop on 17:30 - Dec 28 with 5396 viewsblueislander

When he broke into the team he really stood out for the way he carried the ball, and his ability to go past people. At the time no one else in the squad seemed to have that ability.
Bishop on 17:38 - Dec 28 with 5372 viewsBrixtonBlue

I for one would like to say I think he's great because he is great, not because the king, the emperor, Supreme Leader Snoke or anyone else says that he is.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Bishop on 17:40 - Dec 28 with 5365 viewsPJH

I think most people based their belief that he was (possibly still is) going to be something special on what they saw with their own eyes, not on what somebody else might have said.
Bishop on 17:49 - Dec 28 with 5328 viewsRegencyBlue

Bishop on 17:30 - Dec 28 by blueislander

When he broke into the team he really stood out for the way he carried the ball, and his ability to go past people. At the time no one else in the squad seemed to have that ability.

Very true but that was a while ago now and however much talent he had/has it doesn’t look as if it’s going to happen for him because of physical frailties.

Very sad for the lad but some big decisions have to be taken by the club regarding extending his contract at the end of the season.
Bishop on 17:56 - Dec 28 with 5294 viewsJakeITFC

Thought your moped material was better.
Bishop on 18:10 - Dec 28 with 5261 viewsfergalsharkey

Bishop on 17:56 - Dec 28 by JakeITFC

Thought your moped material was better.

I wanted it to work out for him but in all honesty when has he actually influenced a game?
Possibly in the 19s but he is no Andre Dozzell.
Andre has all the attributes that I can't see in teddy.
Sorry to piss on his chips.

Bishop on 18:12 - Dec 28 with 5250 viewsfergalsharkey

Bishop on 17:28 - Dec 28 by artsbossbeard

What are your thoughts on Andre then?

Different kettle of fish all together.....he has more guile and grit than teddy and he will be a star somewhere hopefully here.

Login to get fewer ads

Bishop on 18:24 - Dec 28 with 5228 viewsNazemariner

What are you talking about!
Bishop on 18:29 - Dec 28 with 5215 viewsstrikalite

Bishop on 18:12 - Dec 28 by fergalsharkey

Different kettle of fish all together.....he has more guile and grit than teddy and he will be a star somewhere hopefully here.

But you said of TB ", very slight , small frame, and pro football is not for that kind of build these days."

Which could be said of Andre too....but to be honest if you look around at all the top Clubs now there are a lot that fit that mould now, you could say it's because the game has become so much less physical in terms of contact than it's ever been...
[Post edited 28 Dec 2017 18:29]
Bishop on 18:34 - Dec 28 with 5197 viewsbrogansnose

They both have the potential to be stars here one day. The boy Bishop is an excellent footballer whose career has been blighted by injuries.

You ain't been watching close enough.
Bishop on 18:35 - Dec 28 with 5194 viewsDarth_Koont

Bishop on 18:10 - Dec 28 by fergalsharkey

I wanted it to work out for him but in all honesty when has he actually influenced a game?
Possibly in the 19s but he is no Andre Dozzell.
Andre has all the attributes that I can't see in teddy.
Sorry to piss on his chips.

They've actually been very similar. Showed some good stuff way beyond their years and some bad stuff that is entirely to be expected from any player starting out.

And both have had terrible luck with injuries.

What attributes are you talking about?

Pronouns: He/Him

Bishop on 18:40 - Dec 28 with 5174 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

No one tell 5'7" Coutinho.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Bishop on 18:46 - Dec 28 with 5158 viewsHerbivore

Bishop on 18:29 - Dec 28 by strikalite

But you said of TB ", very slight , small frame, and pro football is not for that kind of build these days."

Which could be said of Andre too....but to be honest if you look around at all the top Clubs now there are a lot that fit that mould now, you could say it's because the game has become so much less physical in terms of contact than it's ever been...

If anything Dozzell is even more slight than Bishop.

Bishop has tons of ability but I'm starting to doubt whether we'll ever see it. First start in a long time and he didn't even make it to half time. He's made of wafer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bishop on 19:03 - Dec 28 with 5110 viewsPilgrimblue

Bishop on 18:46 - Dec 28 by Herbivore

If anything Dozzell is even more slight than Bishop.

Bishop has tons of ability but I'm starting to doubt whether we'll ever see it. First start in a long time and he didn't even make it to half time. He's made of wafer.

I agree it's nothing to do with build. Take Woods at Brentford!

Bish has been very unlucky so just need to see how he recovers before assessing him.

Club needs to focus on who is gong to be fit for New Year and then plug any gaps with loans. I doubt ME will be keen on any signings.
Bishop on 20:50 - Dec 28 with 4978 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Lionel Messi is 5ft 7.
Ryan Fraser is 5 ft 4
Neither of them have large frames, but they are both doing ok in the game.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Bishop on 22:51 - Dec 28 with 4867 viewsartsbossbeard

I don't think you understand football.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Bishop on 22:54 - Dec 28 with 4858 viewsEly_Blue

Bishop on 18:29 - Dec 28 by strikalite

I think TB is a victim of playing too much too young much as Kieron Dyer did, look what happened to him with all the injuries, such can be the pressures as a mid table 2nd tier team with little or no money to spend that if you find a player with real talent at 17/18 the tendency can be to over play them, it may be a blessing in disguise that Andre got a bad injury so early in the season to give him more time to bulk up and fill out more

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Bishop on 23:28 - Dec 28 with 4824 viewsStNeotsBlue

He's clearly quality but the worry is he will end up having a career like Jack Colison blighted by injury.

If we can get him fit and stay fit we've got a premier league player on our hands.
Bishop on 01:38 - Dec 29 with 4740 viewsRudyard83

Were you there on Boxing day? His (short) performance reassured me that he is still an excellent player. He can beat more than just 1 man, as he has pace, close control and flair. And as for his build: are you saying that Messi, Coutinho, Neymar etc, who are all small-ish and skinny, all are not cut out for football?
Bishop on 06:38 - Dec 29 with 4705 viewsfergalsharkey

Bishop on 22:51 - Dec 28 by artsbossbeard

I don't think you understand football.

Ok.
But andre has won things with England youth teams.
Teddy has been nursing his shin splints during that time.
Sorry but he wont be as good as andre.
Fact.

Bishop on 08:00 - Dec 29 with 4656 viewsartsbossbeard

Bishop on 06:38 - Dec 29 by fergalsharkey

Ok.
But andre has won things with England youth teams.
Teddy has been nursing his shin splints during that time.
Sorry but he wont be as good as andre.
Fact.

Actually, I apologise for my comment.

You've nailed it though, Andre has won things - against players of a same age and experience.

Town are asking him to play up against seasoned & hardened pro's and Andre, in my opinion, has been swamped and unable to put his mark on things.

He needs to bulk up a bit and potentially have a loan period away from the club to get some game time. I also think that a change of club would suit Teddy. Be that a loan or a move.

Bishop on 08:03 - Dec 29 with 4651 viewsBluebell

Fergal - You start your post saying "Not being negative".

I would say you are being very negative!
Bishop on 08:04 - Dec 29 with 4645 viewsHerbivore

Seems like the OP replaced his moped with a roflcopter.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

on 08:21 - Dec 29 with 4628 views_

Bishop on 22:54 - Dec 28 by Ely_Blue

I think TB is a victim of playing too much too young much as Kieron Dyer did, look what happened to him with all the injuries, such can be the pressures as a mid table 2nd tier team with little or no money to spend that if you find a player with real talent at 17/18 the tendency can be to over play them, it may be a blessing in disguise that Andre got a bad injury so early in the season to give him more time to bulk up and fill out more

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024