Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many managers currently managing in the Championship 18:48 - Jan 21 with 4925 viewsSmithy

Would you not choose over Mick McCarthy??

I currently can name only four

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 18:53 - Jan 21 with 4349 viewsWD19

Looking through the list, at least a dozen that can't hold a candle to him.

Why? Are we doing a manager vote instead of a kit one this year?
How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 18:57 - Jan 21 with 4307 viewsBinner

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 19:01 - Jan 21 with 4289 viewsJ2BLUE

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 19:06 - Jan 21 with 4246 viewsFtnfwest

12,although a few more in the lower leagues as well. Would be interesting to see a league table of championship managers by salary
How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 19:18 - Jan 21 with 4207 viewsfactual_blue

Do you mean you only know the names of four Championship managers?

That's poor.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 19:20 - Jan 21 with 4194 viewsElderGrizzly

I make it 18
How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 19:27 - Jan 21 with 4177 viewsJETPower

Take over MM?

Neil Harris No
Dean Smith Yes
Nigel Clough Yes
Slaviša Jokanović No EDIT: This one was stupid, now a yes
Lee Johnson No
Paul Heckingbottom No
Chris Wilder Yes
Phil Parkinson No
Jaap Stam Yes EDIT: Now a maybe, on the basis he's Dutch and seems to really like passing
Neil Warnock No
Steve Bruce No
Ian Holloway No
Gary Rowett Yes
Daniel Farke Never
Nuno Espírito Santo Yes
Thomas Christiansen No
Alex Neil No
Steve Cotterill No
Chris Coleman Yes, reluctantly
Nigel Adkins No
Tony Pulis Yes, just
Aitor Karanka Yes
Jos Luhukay Don't know

Note: There are at least 9 I'd take from League 1
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 20:04]
How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 19:32 - Jan 21 with 4136 viewsHerbivore

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 19:27 - Jan 21 by JETPower

Take over MM?

Neil Harris No
Dean Smith Yes
Nigel Clough Yes
Lee Johnson No
Paul Heckingbottom No
Chris Wilder Yes
Phil Parkinson No
Jaap Stam Yes EDIT: Now a maybe, on the basis he's Dutch and seems to really like passing
Neil Warnock No
Steve Bruce No
Ian Holloway No
Gary Rowett Yes
Daniel Farke Never
Nuno Espírito Santo Yes
Thomas Christiansen No
Alex Neil No
Steve Cotterill No
Nigel Adkins No
Tony Pulis Yes, just
Aitor Karanka Yes
Jos Luhukay Don't know

Stam???

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 19:36 - Jan 21 with 4122 viewsJETPower

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 19:32 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

Stam???

Fair point. I just bloody love the Dutch.
How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 19:56 - Jan 21 with 4074 viewschristiand

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 19:27 - Jan 21 by JETPower

Take over MM?

Neil Harris No
Dean Smith Yes
Nigel Clough Yes
Lee Johnson No
Paul Heckingbottom No
Chris Wilder Yes
Phil Parkinson No
Neil Warnock No
Steve Bruce No
Ian Holloway No
Gary Rowett Yes
Daniel Farke Never
Nuno Espírito Santo Yes
Thomas Christiansen No
Alex Neil No
Steve Cotterill No
Nigel Adkins No
Tony Pulis Yes, just
Aitor Karanka Yes
Jos Luhukay Don't know

Slaviša Jokanović = No. Yes that's right we certainly don't want to be playing any style of football that remotely resembles Fulham! Jokanovic I'm convinced would be a yes for the majority on here especially in how the Cottagers just keep dismantling us every time we have played them over the last couple of seasons. If we played a little more like Fulham they'd be more turning up each week at PR.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 19:58 - Jan 21 with 4066 viewsElderGrizzly

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 19:32 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

Stam???

I’ll pass. Literally, Again and again and again
How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 19:59 - Jan 21 with 4061 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I don’t even understand the question.

What ones would I have instead of do you mean?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 20:00 - Jan 21 with 4050 viewsJETPower

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 19:56 - Jan 21 by christiand

Slaviša Jokanović = No. Yes that's right we certainly don't want to be playing any style of football that remotely resembles Fulham! Jokanovic I'm convinced would be a yes for the majority on here especially in how the Cottagers just keep dismantling us every time we have played them over the last couple of seasons. If we played a little more like Fulham they'd be more turning up each week at PR.

Another fair point.

Yeah, I'll change my mind on that one too. I thought they were lower in the league to be honest.
How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 20:01 - Jan 21 with 4047 viewschristiand

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 19:59 - Jan 21 by The_Romford_Blue

I don’t even understand the question.

What ones would I have instead of do you mean?

That's how I'm interpreting the subject.

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 20:02 - Jan 21 with 4037 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

There are 6 out of 23 I WOULD have over Mick and 17 I would not.

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 20:04 - Jan 21 with 4026 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 20:01 - Jan 21 by christiand

That's how I'm interpreting the subject.

J2 said 22 and I know he, like me as well as 99% of neutrals in the footballing world, sees mick as a decent manager.

So it must be 22 managers that you would NOT want in over mick.

Perhaps I’m thick but I really don’t think the OP phrased it very well.

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 20:04 - Jan 21 with 4022 viewsJ2BLUE

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 19:01 - Jan 21 by J2BLUE

Rowett and Karanka are the only ones i'd take. The rest are unproven, have ridiculous squads, I just don't rate them or I do rate them but think MM would do just as good a job with their squad (Warnock etc).

Karanka purely for the wildcard aspect. He'd have such little money he would probably go knocking on his mate Mourinho's door.

Truly impaired.

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 20:04 - Jan 21 with 4021 viewschristiand

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 20:00 - Jan 21 by JETPower

Another fair point.

Yeah, I'll change my mind on that one too. I thought they were lower in the league to be honest.

JetPower if he was unveiled as our next manager, I'd be investing in a season ticket at ITFC. Did well at Watford, consistently doing well at Fulham they'll be top 6 come May. To be honest they aren't that far behind Derby now, top 2 is still in reach for them.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 20:06]

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 20:07 - Jan 21 with 4003 viewsJETPower

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 20:04 - Jan 21 by The_Romford_Blue

J2 said 22 and I know he, like me as well as 99% of neutrals in the footballing world, sees mick as a decent manager.

So it must be 22 managers that you would NOT want in over mick.

Perhaps I’m thick but I really don’t think the OP phrased it very well.

I may have confused it also by switching a bit.

Question: How many managers of current Championship teams would you prefer to MM as manager of ITFC?

In my case the answer is now 9 (having realised my stupidity re Fulham bloke and wavering on Stam).
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 20:09]
How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 20:10 - Jan 21 with 3985 viewsJ2BLUE

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 20:07 - Jan 21 by JETPower

I may have confused it also by switching a bit.

Question: How many managers of current Championship teams would you prefer to MM as manager of ITFC?

In my case the answer is now 9 (having realised my stupidity re Fulham bloke and wavering on Stam).
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 20:09]

Would you not choose over Mick McCarthy??

The OP is saying he would choose 20 over MM which is laughable.

Truly impaired.

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 20:11 - Jan 21 with 3975 viewsblueislander

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 20:04 - Jan 21 by christiand

JetPower if he was unveiled as our next manager, I'd be investing in a season ticket at ITFC. Did well at Watford, consistently doing well at Fulham they'll be top 6 come May. To be honest they aren't that far behind Derby now, top 2 is still in reach for them.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 20:06]

Nigel Clough's teams have consistently punched above their weight in terms of money made available to him.
How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 20:14 - Jan 21 with 3962 viewsJETPower

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 20:11 - Jan 21 by blueislander

Nigel Clough's teams have consistently punched above their weight in terms of money made available to him.

Which is why I'd take him over MM as manager of ITFC (that and the toxic atmosphere, time for a change etc).
How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 08:53 - Jan 22 with 3507 viewsITFC_Forever

Neil Harris No
Dean Smith Yes
Nigel Clough Yes
Slaviša Jokanović Yes
Lee Johnson No
Paul Heckingbottom No
Chris Wilder Yes
Phil Parkinson No
Jaap Stam Yes
Neil Warnock Yes
Steve Bruce No
Ian Holloway No
Gary Rowett Yes
Daniel Farke No
Nuno Espírito Santo Yes
Thomas Christiansen Yes
Alex Neil No
Steve Cotterill No
Chris Coleman Yes
Nigel Adkins No
Tony Pulis No
Aitor Karanka Yes
Jos Luhukay Don't know

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 09:01 - Jan 22 with 3497 viewsSomethingBlue

And herein lies the ridiculous bind that a depressing number of our fans have got themselves in.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

How many managers currently managing in the Championship on 09:12 - Jan 22 with 3481 viewsKieran_Knows

Take over MM?

Neil Harris No
Dean Smith Yes
Nigel Clough Yes
Lee Johnson No
Paul Heckingbottom No
Chris Wilder Yes
Phil Parkinson No
Neil Warnock No
Steve Bruce No
Ian Holloway No
Gary Rowett Yes
Daniel Farke Never
Nuno Espírito Santo Yes
Thomas Christiansen No
Alex Neil No
Steve Cotterill No
Nigel Adkins No
Tony Pulis Yes, just
Aitor Karanka Yes
Jos Luhukay Don't know

Going off this list, i'd go for;

Neil Harris - No
Dean Smith - Yes
Nigel Clough - Yes
Slaviša Jokanović - Yes
Lee Johnson - No
Paul Heckingbottom - No
Chris Wilder - Yes
Phil Parkinson - No
Jaap Stam - No
Neil Warnock - Yes
Steve Bruce - No
Ian Holloway - No
Gary Rowett - No
Daniel Farke - No
Nuno Espírito Santo - Yes
Thomas Christiansen - No
Alex Neil - No
Steve Cotterill - No
Chris Coleman - No
Nigel Adkins - No
Tony Pulis - No
Aitor Karanka - No
Jos Luhukay - No (although hard to judge him at the moment)

I make that 6 managers I'd have take over from MM.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024