Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham 18:46 - Feb 6 with 4972 viewsMaySixth

great player for us

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 18:49 - Feb 6 with 4566 viewsWickwar_Blue

He got a lot of grief from certain sections of our support. Never understood it.
New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 18:57 - Feb 6 with 4531 viewsThe_Last_Baron

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 18:49 - Feb 6 by Wickwar_Blue

He got a lot of grief from certain sections of our support. Never understood it.

Don't remember that. I remember Town fans chanting Clapham for England.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 18:58 - Feb 6 with 4527 viewsStokieBlue

Excellent player.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 19:06 - Feb 6 with 4520 viewsThe_Last_Baron

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 18:58 - Feb 6 by StokieBlue

Excellent player.

SB

Great engine, great left foot, could cross the ball and attack. The perfect wing back.

Wasn't quite as good when played as a left back or left midfielder.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 19:48 - Feb 6 with 4450 viewsrickw

I didn't really like him, yes he could play wing back but we didn't play that system for most of his time here. I felt he was too slow and not strong enough for a defender and not creative enough for a winger....

He was good in possession though - I'll give him that! :-)

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 19:59 - Feb 6 with 4427 viewsPJH

We have had a number of great players but I would not say that Clapham was one of them.
A good or possibly very good but certainly not great.
New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 20:08 - Feb 6 with 4406 viewsIllinoisblue

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 18:49 - Feb 6 by Wickwar_Blue

really? don't recall that at all.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 20:12 - Feb 6 with 4393 viewsolimar

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 19:48 - Feb 6 by rickw

I didn't really like him, yes he could play wing back but we didn't play that system for most of his time here. I felt he was too slow and not strong enough for a defender and not creative enough for a winger....

He was good in possession though - I'll give him that! :-)

Thats just what I thought too. He wasnt really strong enough as a left back, but played at left midfield, he didnt naturally want to get forward too much either- he relentlessly crossed from deep positions, lacked the pace/inventiveness to go past his man.
He was ideally suited to playing wing back and, to be fair, we played it for most of our promotion season where he had a key role. When we reverted to 4-4-2 in the PL, HH was a better fit at left back (and at £5m was always going to play) and although Clapham managed to hold his own at left midfield for a while, it was inevitable that Reuser would ultimately win a place in the starting line-up and Clapham would be the one who needed to make way.

I remember the whole "Clapham for England" business, but it was bizarre as, at that time, it felt like he was unlikely to hold his place in our first team for much longer, let alone get in an England squad.
Login to get fewer ads

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 20:35 - Feb 6 with 4361 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Covered an amazing amount of ground on a stinking hot day away at Bolton. Then showed a massive pair of balls to take the pen in the home leg.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 20:46 - Feb 6 with 4330 viewsnewbie

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 20:08 - Feb 6 by Illinoisblue

really? don't recall that at all.

It did happen at the beginning that's for sure. Some used to call him Jamie cRapham......
New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 20:55 - Feb 6 with 4300 viewsBluedanW

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 19:06 - Feb 6 by The_Last_Baron

Great engine, great left foot, could cross the ball and attack. The perfect wing back.

Wasn't quite as good when played as a left back or left midfielder.

Still better than Knudsen
New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 21:01 - Feb 6 with 4285 viewsIllinoisblue

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 20:46 - Feb 6 by newbie

It did happen at the beginning that's for sure. Some used to call him Jamie cRapham......

as Mick would say, some fans can fk off

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 21:57 - Feb 6 with 4231 viewseireblue

I do recall doing some stats, possibly over a carefully selected time range, that showed Jamie was better than Beckham in terms of assists.
New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 22:41 - Feb 6 with 4188 viewsSwansea_Blue

He was no Pim Balkenstein, that's for sure. Quality player. With fluffy, tufty hair from what I can remember.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 22:45 - Feb 6 with 4181 viewsTrequartista

If Clapham is first team head coach, what is Heckingbottom's title? head of the head coach gaffer-omnipotent ?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 00:09 - Feb 7 with 4107 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Aren't you thinking of Matt Richards?
New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 03:53 - Feb 7 with 4057 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Played well for a while as part of a midfield three I seem to recall. Great player for us.
New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 04:41 - Feb 7 with 4041 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Gone with Heckingbottom from Barnsley to Leeds

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 06:45 - Feb 7 with 4003 viewsITFC_Forever

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 00:09 - Feb 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

Aren't you thinking of Matt Richards?

No, Clapham certainly got stick from some sections of our support.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 06:47 - Feb 7 with 3999 viewsITFC_Forever

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 20:12 - Feb 6 by olimar

Thats just what I thought too. He wasnt really strong enough as a left back, but played at left midfield, he didnt naturally want to get forward too much either- he relentlessly crossed from deep positions, lacked the pace/inventiveness to go past his man.
He was ideally suited to playing wing back and, to be fair, we played it for most of our promotion season where he had a key role. When we reverted to 4-4-2 in the PL, HH was a better fit at left back (and at £5m was always going to play) and although Clapham managed to hold his own at left midfield for a while, it was inevitable that Reuser would ultimately win a place in the starting line-up and Clapham would be the one who needed to make way.

I remember the whole "Clapham for England" business, but it was bizarre as, at that time, it felt like he was unlikely to hold his place in our first team for much longer, let alone get in an England squad.

Herman wasn’t £5m, Sereni is our record signing at something like £4.5m

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 07:44 - Feb 7 with 3971 viewschicoazul

Clapham was a proper Ipswich player, one for the connoisseurs. Nearly got an England cap too.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 07:47 - Feb 7 with 3962 viewschicoazul

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 20:12 - Feb 6 by olimar

The England thing was because at the time there was a dearth of proper left sided players hence Trevor Sinclair playing at a World Cup.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 07:48 - Feb 7 with 3961 viewsWickwar_Blue

Sorry all - just realised I got Clapham mixed up with Jonathan Douglas :-)

No, definitely remember Clapham getting yelled at. Scowcroft too....
on 08:56 - Feb 7 with 3906 views_

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 18:57 - Feb 6 by The_Last_Baron

Don't remember that. I remember Town fans chanting Clapham for England.

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 14:11 - Feb 7 with 3789 viewssotd78

New first team head coach at Leeds - Jamie Clapham on 07:48 - Feb 7 by Wickwar_Blue

Sorry all - just realised I got Clapham mixed up with Jonathan Douglas :-)

No, definitely remember Clapham getting yelled at. Scowcroft too....

Our support has "had a go" at so many of our own players there's probably enough for a decent first team squad - David Johnson Versions 1 and 2, Scowcroft, Clapham, Magilton, Petta, a whole host of midfield players who either played sideways, hoofed it, moved it too slowly, moved it too fast, lost possession whilst trying to unpick ten man defences, failed to close down in a second a ten metre gap....sadly.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024