Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The official season ticket announcement is on the club site now 08:42 - Mar 26 with 9500 viewsSteve_M

Evans makes an apology but no mention of the 60-65 tickets:

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2018/march/ipswich-town-season-tickets-201819/

Early Bird Deadline 1 is 30 April.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2018 9:25]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 08:45 - Mar 26 with 4447 viewsKieran_Knows

Be interesting to see if there is any news on the managers position before that date then.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 08:47 - Mar 26 with 4426 viewsElderGrizzly

That date in reality will become 31st July
The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 08:50 - Mar 26 with 4403 viewsJimmyJazz

No change to the 60-65 tickets. Don't see why there should be either

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 08:56 - Mar 26 with 4372 viewsSuperfrans

Have you seen the post-early bird prices. Woooah! That's a hike.

ST in lower SBR rises from £381 to £544 - up £166!!

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 08:56 - Mar 26 with 4367 viewsSimonds92

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 08:50 - Mar 26 by JimmyJazz

No change to the 60-65 tickets. Don't see why there should be either

Completely agree, the younger fans are the ones we should be targeting.
The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 08:58 - Mar 26 with 4349 viewsFixed_It

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 08:47 - Mar 26 by ElderGrizzly

That date in reality will become 31st July

Doubt it. I think the incentive is there to encourage early ticket purchases. I know the Club have extended the deadline previously, but with a reduction this year I think anyone risking a delay could get their fingers burnt.
Of course, you could be right...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:00 - Mar 26 with 4340 viewsSomethingBlue

It is a good start, I think, and we should respect that Evans admits to last year's mistake. But I suspect it won't mean a lot unless there is some clarity on the managerial position sharpish — an early bird deadline of 30 April is almost certainly not going to cut it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:01 - Mar 26 with 4327 viewsSWGF

From what I can see, Jnr's ST is free as he'll have the points to get £48 off a £45 ticket. And then as he obtains points next season, a large chunk off of the season after as well.

They should be bigging that up far more than they are.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Login to get fewer ads

The problem is... on 09:04 - Mar 26 with 4311 viewsunstableblue

... this continued disconnect and lack of understanding from Marcus on the state of the team, the manager and the quality of the football being ENDURED by fans...

Marcus states:

“This year we have performed better on the pitch in what is an increasingly challenging division but I feel it’s the right thing to do by dropping season ticket prices substantially.”

Yes we performed better at the start of the season, which is often a false reflection, and then we’ve had 3 or 4 good displays. But he’s writing these words when Town have not scored at home since January 13th and we have seen display after display where the team have been unable to do even basic football needs such as passing and movement.

I think dropping the prices is great, but until there is a new manager with the right characteristics and backing announced, how can they expect many of us to commit?!?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:06 - Mar 26 with 4302 viewsSuperfrans

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:01 - Mar 26 by SWGF

From what I can see, Jnr's ST is free as he'll have the points to get £48 off a £45 ticket. And then as he obtains points next season, a large chunk off of the season after as well.

That's the new kids' ticket pricing structure which got such a bad reception last year, isn't it? Yes, shame they haven't bigged that up - made sure everyone knows that they have these points (in case they're not aware).

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:11 - Mar 26 with 4276 viewsReuser_is_God

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 08:58 - Mar 26 by Fixed_It

Doubt it. I think the incentive is there to encourage early ticket purchases. I know the Club have extended the deadline previously, but with a reduction this year I think anyone risking a delay could get their fingers burnt.

It gets extended every year.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:16 - Mar 26 with 4255 viewsSWGF

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:06 - Mar 26 by Superfrans

That's the new kids' ticket pricing structure which got such a bad reception last year, isn't it? Yes, shame they haven't bigged that up - made sure everyone knows that they have these points (in case they're not aware).

To be fair, this time last year they had increased the price of the U11 season ticket by 400%.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:16 - Mar 26 with 4255 viewsITFC_Forever

It always makes me laugh that blocks G,I,M,P are grouped together in the pricing.

Bunch of gimps.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:16 - Mar 26 with 4252 viewsElderGrizzly

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:01 - Mar 26 by SWGF

Agree. Amazed they haven’t screamed “free ST’s for U12s” (terms and conditions apply)
The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:18 - Mar 26 with 4239 viewshype313

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:11 - Mar 26 by Reuser_is_God

Regardless of price people will want to know the manager situation before committing, It could be a tenner for a ST, but if people have to put up with the recent turgid displays every couple of weeks it's just not enjoyable.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:18 - Mar 26 with 4238 viewsFixed_It

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:11 - Mar 26 by Reuser_is_God

Yes I know that. But how often have we had a price reduction?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:18 - Mar 26 with 4240 viewsElderGrizzly

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 08:58 - Mar 26 by Fixed_It

With no announcement on the manager, it will get extended. Absolutely no doubt about it
The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:18 - Mar 26 with 4240 viewsSuperfrans

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:16 - Mar 26 by SWGF

To be fair, this time last year they had increased the price of the U11 season ticket by 400%.

But the points system reduced the price effectively to nothing, didn't it? Problem is, it was a "jam tomorrow" deal. Good news is, it's now "tomorrow"...

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:18 - Mar 26 with 4233 viewsITFC_Forever

I wouldn't hold your breath this year.... (taps nose).

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:20 - Mar 26 with 4230 viewsSWGF

The club aren't in a particularly strong position to be playing "chicken". If it gets to 29th April and we've sold 8,000 season tickets, you're not telling me that they won't extend that deadline with the same prices. I can't see them increasing prices to spite people as they're hardly going to attract more people *following* the increase; does ANYONE pay non-early bird prices?

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:22 - Mar 26 with 4215 viewsElderGrizzly

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:18 - Mar 26 by ITFC_Forever

Given they haven’t got their act together on match day tickets either, I can’t see them turning away thousands of fans if 30th April ticks over and 6,000 are sold
The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:22 - Mar 26 with 4213 viewsSuperfrans

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:18 - Mar 26 by ITFC_Forever

Can you imagine the explosion.

May 1: Mick is sacked, Evans hires Mogga.
"But I thought the early bird deadline would be extended!!!"

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:25 - Mar 26 with 4192 viewsITFC_Forever

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:22 - Mar 26 by Superfrans

Can you imagine the explosion.

May 1: Mick is sacked, Evans hires Mogga.
"But I thought the early bird deadline would be extended!!!"

Phil & Gav will be in the Audi showroom quicker than you can say "hobnob".

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:26 - Mar 26 with 4186 viewsSWGF

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:18 - Mar 26 by Superfrans

But the points system reduced the price effectively to nothing, didn't it? Problem is, it was a "jam tomorrow" deal. Good news is, it's now "tomorrow"...

As ever, they could've communicated it better.

They're not "free" as they were £50 this season, so in effect:

£10 - 2016/17
£50 - 2017/18
£0 - 2018/19 (assuming your kid has attended enough 2017/18 matches)
£5 - 2019/20 (assuming prices will be £50 and your kid has attended enough 2018/19 matches)

By then Jnr will no longer be U12 so goes up a price-band in any case.

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:36 - Mar 26 with 4131 viewsDripFedFred

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 08:56 - Mar 26 by Simonds92

Completely agree, the younger fans are the ones we should be targeting.

The club should be targeting all fans, the situation is getting that desperate.

I suffered because of the change to concessions. My ticket price shot up. As a result i'm not renewing this year for the first time since 1973, i've just had enough.

I used to take my two grandsons, the younger fans you speak of, and they're not going anymore. They have the chance of their own tickets but don't want them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024