Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick 14:02 - Apr 17 with 9925 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Obviously any new manager will have to make a decision based upon information provided by those whom have worked with him this season but are there any indications he will be offered a new contract?

I had heard a rumour that ITFC didn't want him...any truth in this at all?
Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 14:04 - Apr 17 with 6934 viewsSpruceMoose

I hope not. He runs like a hobbled racehorse. In hindsight, we should have moved him on when we could have got a decent sum of money for him. I suppose at the time he was seen as a key player for us, but he never really developed into that, through injuries etc.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 14:09 - Apr 17 with 6912 viewsitfcjoe

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 14:04 - Apr 17 by SpruceMoose

I hope not. He runs like a hobbled racehorse. In hindsight, we should have moved him on when we could have got a decent sum of money for him. I suppose at the time he was seen as a key player for us, but he never really developed into that, through injuries etc.

If we'd have moved him on we wouldn't have made the play offs that year as he was brilliant up top with Murphy until injury

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 14:10 - Apr 17 with 6902 viewsSpruceMoose

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 14:09 - Apr 17 by itfcjoe

If we'd have moved him on we wouldn't have made the play offs that year as he was brilliant up top with Murphy until injury

Well, that's what I mean about hindsight. It wouldn't have made any difference if we hadn't of made the playoffs, seeing as we didn't get promoted!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 14:27 - Apr 17 with 6842 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I get the impression that he probably fancies leaving anyway* so wouldn't accept a new deal if he was offered one.

*purely conjecture, but expect he'll be getting his agent to see if there are other opportunities around & explore them rather than extending his stay here
Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 14:27 - Apr 17 with 6838 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 14:04 - Apr 17 by SpruceMoose

Even if we sold for good money we wouldn't of seen a penny of it reinvested!

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 14:28 - Apr 17 with 6826 viewsSpruceMoose

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 14:27 - Apr 17 by SimonCleggsNeck

Even if we sold for good money we wouldn't of seen a penny of it reinvested!

Other than in wages and the running of the club you mean?

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 14:41 - Apr 17 with 6782 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 14:28 - Apr 17 by SpruceMoose

Other than in wages and the running of the club you mean?

well not a transfer fee that would even be half of what we would of sold him for

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 14:45 - Apr 17 with 6765 viewsSpruceMoose

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 14:41 - Apr 17 by SimonCleggsNeck

well not a transfer fee that would even be half of what we would of sold him for

Well, probably. But that doesn't mean that the money we receive from transfers leaves the club and goes into ME's current account.

Login to get fewer ads

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 15:08 - Apr 17 with 6714 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He's knackered and past his best.

He will be leaving at the end of the season, but may keep a holiday home in the area.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 22:32 - Apr 17 with 6471 viewsCurrie10

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 14:45 - Apr 17 by SpruceMoose

Well, probably. But that doesn't mean that the money we receive from transfers leaves the club and goes into ME's current account.

Thank god you've said that.

Ahhh the transfer fee debate that people say ' wahhh Evans isn't putting much into transfers.... '

* Wages
* signing on fees
* Bonuses
* Loan fees ( Celina + Connolly we don't get for £0... )
* Loan wages
* Signing on fees etc
* Propping us up ontop of this financially each year.

Jesus bloody wept - do people have a bloody clue. Seriously wonder how some people on here get out of bed in a morning let alone crossing a sodding road!
Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 22:36 - Apr 17 with 6444 viewsMark

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 22:32 - Apr 17 by Currie10

Thank god you've said that.

Ahhh the transfer fee debate that people say ' wahhh Evans isn't putting much into transfers.... '

* Wages
* signing on fees
* Bonuses
* Loan fees ( Celina + Connolly we don't get for £0... )
* Loan wages
* Signing on fees etc
* Propping us up ontop of this financially each year.

Jesus bloody wept - do people have a bloody clue. Seriously wonder how some people on here get out of bed in a morning let alone crossing a sodding road!

True, but our wage budget is one of the lowest in the league too as well as transfer fees. The new manager has a big task ahead.
Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 22:40 - Apr 17 with 6423 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 15:08 - Apr 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

He's knackered and past his best.

He will be leaving at the end of the season, but may keep a holiday home in the area.

He,ll go to Notts County if they get promoted from league 2.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 22:51 - Apr 17 with 6377 viewsStNeotsBlue

Think you're being a bit harsh, was playing well this season until the Sheff Wed player tried to kick his knob off, scored 1 in 3 which isn't a bad return. Funnily enough we have looked a poorer side since he's been injured.

It seems inevitable he's off but I wish him well as he's been a bright spark in a pretty dull period for us.
Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 23:35 - Apr 17 with 6285 viewsBluefish

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 22:51 - Apr 17 by StNeotsBlue

Think you're being a bit harsh, was playing well this season until the Sheff Wed player tried to kick his knob off, scored 1 in 3 which isn't a bad return. Funnily enough we have looked a poorer side since he's been injured.

It seems inevitable he's off but I wish him well as he's been a bright spark in a pretty dull period for us.

A beautiful footballer that I feel privileged to have been able to watch. All the talk of dire football does not include didz he is a magician. Brentford and all of their pure football were conclusive in the globe that they would love to have him. The injuries were devastating but he deserved far more

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 08:19 - Apr 18 with 6074 viewsBurwell_Blue

Can't help with that, however can share that both Norwich and a team from the MLS have made overtures towards Teddy.
Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 08:29 - Apr 18 with 6047 viewsitfcjoe

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 08:19 - Apr 18 by Burwell_Blue

Can't help with that, however can share that both Norwich and a team from the MLS have made overtures towards Teddy.

Norwich would be a disaster for us.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 08:30 - Apr 18 with 6042 viewsKieran_Knows

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 08:19 - Apr 18 by Burwell_Blue

Norwich?! Suppose they might see him as a replacement for Maddison.

Not so sure of him signing that new deal on that's on the table now then?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 08:40 - Apr 18 with 6021 viewsCurrie10

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 22:36 - Apr 17 by Mark

True, but our wage budget is one of the lowest in the league too as well as transfer fees. The new manager has a big task ahead.

Transfer fees - sure, it's a given. We try and do things in a slightly different way.

Wages - not entirely sure. Appears to depend what source you read etc. Apparently when we did come play offs, it was certainly a top 8 wage structure.

I guess with the three parachute clubs each year, plus the three the year before that get continually propped up......... that's 6 going to be ahead of us straight off the bat. Impossible bar gambling our clubs existance on us being top 6 again.

Then you have the likes of Wolves who went crazy, Sheff Weds who have many on 25-30k plus who have an interesting summer ahead, Derby, Bristol City and a few others who clearly do spend more than us in terms of wages.

It's a very difficult one. Evans appears petrified due to having fingers burned by three absolute idiots before McCarthy. Mick could at least get us to lower midtable at absolute worst, so given Evans experience with running a football club I can fully appreciate why things were all Mick McCarthy for such a prolonged period.

FFP has come in ( I laugh / you laugh ) and will start to have an effect going forwards this + next year I think with the three seasons total losses being factored in.

Unfortunately due to McCarthy / peoples thoughts on Evans / boredom / stuck in this division since 2002 / lack of cup runs etc = attendances and therefore a good chunk of revenue is down.

You'd imagine our gates will be better next season due to reduction / new manager so I suppose that's something.

Issue being, per year at the minute we lose around £7 mill I think as an operating total. So that alone is £21 mill over 3 years ( being generous, I think we were more on 8-10mill before... ) with £39 mill losses being allowed.

So lets say Evans did what people appear to want - £12 mill alone in transfer fees. You have to factor in that years wage / signing on fee / everything else that goes around them players signed.......

So say we'd ( being optomistic ) lost £16 mill over the past two years.... with £39 mill being allowed..... basic math = 16 + 12 = 28. Plus probably another 5/6 mill unfactored by many people in which would put us incredibly close to failing FFP straight off the bat.

I think Evans is in one hell of a difficult position - bar REALLY going for it this summer, I think it's going to be difficult to up the transfer kitty sufficiently for 2 / 3 years.

Could be completely wrong but I can't help feeling we're a little snookered either way at present !
Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 08:48 - Apr 18 with 5994 viewshype313

Can't see him being offered anything, if we do it would be on far reduced terms and he would probably be better served going to some mug like Derby who would offer him £40k a week in desperation.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 08:55 - Apr 18 with 5975 viewsPhilTWTD

I suspect he'll depart. He's on big wages for Town and while he's our best player, he does spend too much time on the sidelines. From his perspective, that may well suit him anyway, might want to have a look around at other options at clubs more likely to win promotion or nearer to where his family is based in the East Midlands.
Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:08 - Apr 18 with 5941 viewsPJH

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 08:55 - Apr 18 by PhilTWTD

I suspect he'll depart. He's on big wages for Town and while he's our best player, he does spend too much time on the sidelines. From his perspective, that may well suit him anyway, might want to have a look around at other options at clubs more likely to win promotion or nearer to where his family is based in the East Midlands.

Not sure if ITFC will actually offer him a new contract because it does seem that it looked like it was sort of mutually understood that he would be moving on.

A fit and in form Didz was a joy to watch but getting and keeping him fit were the problems.

Decisions also need to be made by somebody soon about Bishop,Hyam,Carayol and Gleeson.
Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:09 - Apr 18 with 5933 viewshype313

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:08 - Apr 18 by PJH

Not sure if ITFC will actually offer him a new contract because it does seem that it looked like it was sort of mutually understood that he would be moving on.

A fit and in form Didz was a joy to watch but getting and keeping him fit were the problems.

Decisions also need to be made by somebody soon about Bishop,Hyam,Carayol and Gleeson.

They will be made by the new manager whoever that is, if it's Mogga then I'm sure he has a good idea of the set up and players we have here, not only that I'm sure Klug will help him with those decsions.

FWIW, I think another year for Bishop, just to see if he can be that player we thought if injury free, the others I'd expect will go.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:10 - Apr 18 with 5938 viewsPhilTWTD

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:08 - Apr 18 by PJH

Yes, I don't think anything will have been offered. MM gave ME his recommendations regarding the out of contract players and he'll take it from there.
Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:13 - Apr 18 with 5925 viewsPJH

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:09 - Apr 18 by hype313

They will be made by the new manager whoever that is, if it's Mogga then I'm sure he has a good idea of the set up and players we have here, not only that I'm sure Klug will help him with those decsions.

FWIW, I think another year for Bishop, just to see if he can be that player we thought if injury free, the others I'd expect will go.

That assumes the new Manager is appointed before whatever the cut off date is for offering contracts.
I know the contracts expire 30th June but I believe that any contract offers have to be made by early May although I am not certain about that.

I agree that Bishop should be offered one more year and I also think Carayol is worth keeping.
Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:19 - Apr 18 with 5909 viewsPhilTWTD

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:13 - Apr 18 by PJH

That assumes the new Manager is appointed before whatever the cut off date is for offering contracts.
I know the contracts expire 30th June but I believe that any contract offers have to be made by early May although I am not certain about that.

I agree that Bishop should be offered one more year and I also think Carayol is worth keeping.

Options on contracts have to be taken before the start of May or before the final game, I forget which but one of the two.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024