Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick 14:02 - Apr 17 with 9927 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Obviously any new manager will have to make a decision based upon information provided by those whom have worked with him this season but are there any indications he will be offered a new contract?

I had heard a rumour that ITFC didn't want him...any truth in this at all?
Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:23 - Apr 18 with 2975 viewschicoazul

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 14:45 - Apr 17 by SpruceMoose

Well, probably. But that doesn't mean that the money we receive from transfers leaves the club and goes into ME's current account.

Sorry but that is exactly what happens. The money goes to MEG and they in turn reduce the amount they have to fund the club by in a season where we have a big sale e.g. Mings, Cresswell. Have you not been paying attention? When we have a big sale the money the club then spends on for instance wages doesn't go UP by any amount other than a small one.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:24 - Apr 18 with 2969 viewschicoazul

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 08:19 - Apr 18 by Burwell_Blue

Can't help with that, however can share that both Norwich and a team from the MLS have made overtures towards Teddy.

Bishop should probably leave for his own sake but now Mick has gone he may decide to stay, especially if we start pumping folding money into the rehab and sports science side of things.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:37 - Apr 18 with 2931 viewsCurrie10

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:09 - Apr 18 by hype313

They will be made by the new manager whoever that is, if it's Mogga then I'm sure he has a good idea of the set up and players we have here, not only that I'm sure Klug will help him with those decsions.

FWIW, I think another year for Bishop, just to see if he can be that player we thought if injury free, the others I'd expect will go.

I LOVED Bishop 14/15 however reluctantly from me - time to go sorry.

Huws/ Dozzell / Bishop - in this day and age we're likely to be able to only fit one into the 11 due to systems etc on a regular basis with 4-2-3-1 being the way many a sides go and I don't want us to base a season around a sicknote.

Carayol however I would love to see stay on a one year / get him properly fit as we're crying out for options out wide and think he's at worst worth an 18 spot.

Hyam can go too.
Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:41 - Apr 18 with 2925 viewsBurwell_Blue

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 08:30 - Apr 18 by Kieran_Knows

Norwich?! Suppose they might see him as a replacement for Maddison.

Not so sure of him signing that new deal on that's on the table now then?

Both approaches have been rebuffed and he will be signing.
Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:42 - Apr 18 with 2923 viewsKieran_Knows

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:41 - Apr 18 by Burwell_Blue

Good to hear!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:46 - Apr 18 with 2915 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:41 - Apr 18 by Burwell_Blue

Is this genuine? Norwich are interested in Bishop?

I cannot think of a move that would be more likely to cause simultaneous meltdowns in equal measures from both sets of fans.
Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:59 - Apr 18 with 2898 viewsKieran_Knows

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:46 - Apr 18 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Is this genuine? Norwich are interested in Bishop?

I cannot think of a move that would be more likely to cause simultaneous meltdowns in equal measures from both sets of fans.

As I mentioned earlier, I imagine they might see him as a (obviously) cheap replacement for Maddison?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 08:54 - Apr 19 with 2806 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 08:55 - Apr 18 by PhilTWTD

I suspect he'll depart. He's on big wages for Town and while he's our best player, he does spend too much time on the sidelines. From his perspective, that may well suit him anyway, might want to have a look around at other options at clubs more likely to win promotion or nearer to where his family is based in the East Midlands.

Thanks for coming back Phil.

IMO, it would be a great shame if McGoldrick were to leave - clearly a very talented player who on his day can get people off their seats with his skill and vision.

Unfortunately he has suffered terrible luck with injuries - who can forget the game where he suffered that horrendous studs-in-the-groin injury (the ref didn't even give a free kick), and once recovered, suffering a more conventional groin injury, one suspects pushing hard to get back to full fitness.

Really hope he stays but the indications suggest otherwise...

And my 7-year-old son will be devastated - McGoldrick is his favourite player!
Login to get fewer ads

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:09 - Apr 19 with 2789 viewsbadadski

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 08:54 - Apr 19 by Bad_Boy_Mark

IMO, it would be a great shame if McGoldrick were to leave - clearly a very talented player who on his day can get people off their seats with his skill and vision.

Unfortunately he has suffered terrible luck with injuries - who can forget the game where he suffered that horrendous studs-in-the-groin injury (the ref didn't even give a free kick), and once recovered, suffering a more conventional groin injury, one suspects pushing hard to get back to full fitness.

I hope he leaves, undoubtedly a very skillful and technical player but for me not a team player at all.

He is slow to respond to others around him especially when lots of times there has been quick breaks on and would rather try to score a difficult opportunity him self than lay it on a plate for a team mate which has happened numerous times throughout many games i have watched.

He also looks very de-jected (is that a word?) frustrated and peeved in one word is what i mean when another colleague scores and he doesn't.

Too me he is almost kind of like a more injury prone modern day Dalian Atkinson but no where near as good or proven mostly due to injuries.
Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:16 - Apr 19 with 2781 viewshype313

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 08:54 - Apr 19 by Bad_Boy_Mark

He's clearly a gifted player, but a big earner who hasn't played anywhere near enough games for us and he's another year older, can't blame the club not wanting to gamble significant sums on the off chance he might play a few more games.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:17 - Apr 19 with 2777 viewshatch

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 08:55 - Apr 18 by PhilTWTD

I suspect he'll depart. He's on big wages for Town and while he's our best player, he does spend too much time on the sidelines. From his perspective, that may well suit him anyway, might want to have a look around at other options at clubs more likely to win promotion or nearer to where his family is based in the East Midlands.

He's our top earner by some margin on £16k a week.

I've always enjoyed and admired him as a player but he's been so struck down by injury since the Leicester bid that we should perhaps be investing those wages into someone more reliable to start. Although I appreciate that even injury prone he has been a catalyst for us in recent years.
Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:18 - Apr 19 with 2769 viewsCotty

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:23 - Apr 18 by chicoazul

Sorry but that is exactly what happens. The money goes to MEG and they in turn reduce the amount they have to fund the club by in a season where we have a big sale e.g. Mings, Cresswell. Have you not been paying attention? When we have a big sale the money the club then spends on for instance wages doesn't go UP by any amount other than a small one.

"and they in turn reduce the amount they have to fund the club by"

So.... money still going out and not into his pocket then?
Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:26 - Apr 19 with 2740 viewsBluefish

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:23 - Apr 18 by chicoazul

What? Are you saying MEG takes money?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 23:44 - Apr 19 with 2602 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:16 - Apr 19 by hype313

He's clearly a gifted player, but a big earner who hasn't played anywhere near enough games for us and he's another year older, can't blame the club not wanting to gamble significant sums on the off chance he might play a few more games.

Playing Devil's Advocate, in view of the injuries to him and other players, could it be an idea to manage the more injury prone players a little more carefully?

Is there anything more that could be done to avoid or at least reduce the amount of injuries?
Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 07:11 - Apr 20 with 2529 viewsFelstow1978

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 22:32 - Apr 17 by Currie10

Thank god you've said that.

Ahhh the transfer fee debate that people say ' wahhh Evans isn't putting much into transfers.... '

* Wages
* signing on fees
* Bonuses
* Loan fees ( Celina + Connolly we don't get for £0... )
* Loan wages
* Signing on fees etc
* Propping us up ontop of this financially each year.

Jesus bloody wept - do people have a bloody clue. Seriously wonder how some people on here get out of bed in a morning let alone crossing a sodding road!

So MM in reality had quite a decently-sized pot to piss in ... so much for the "not even a brass farthing to buy bread with" line that was oft-repeated as a defence over the last few years

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 07:40 - Apr 20 with 2499 viewsJimmyJazz

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 09:08 - Apr 18 by PJH

Not sure if ITFC will actually offer him a new contract because it does seem that it looked like it was sort of mutually understood that he would be moving on.

A fit and in form Didz was a joy to watch but getting and keeping him fit were the problems.

Decisions also need to be made by somebody soon about Bishop,Hyam,Carayol and Gleeson.

Gleeson's contract - wow that is such a concern.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 08:13 - Apr 20 with 2466 viewsbournemouthblue

Hi Phil (Or Anyone Else In The Know) - Is There Any News On David McGoldrick on 22:32 - Apr 17 by Currie10

Thank god you've said that.

Ahhh the transfer fee debate that people say ' wahhh Evans isn't putting much into transfers.... '

* Wages
* signing on fees
* Bonuses
* Loan fees ( Celina + Connolly we don't get for £0... )
* Loan wages
* Signing on fees etc
* Propping us up ontop of this financially each year.

Jesus bloody wept - do people have a bloody clue. Seriously wonder how some people on here get out of bed in a morning let alone crossing a sodding road!

Agent fees too although we barely seem to pay any of those either

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024