Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? 19:30 - Sep 3 with 5263 viewsDubtractor

Been away for the weekend and doing a bit of reading back on here he is getting some stick.

Nice to see we're that impatient that a player gets written off after 4 or 5 games.

Also makes me smile that Donacien was a terrible signing after 2 games but people were annoyed he was dropped a couple of games later.

When did we all get so unbelievably short term in our thinking?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 19:31 - Sep 3 with 4958 viewshomer_123

Since Sky.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 19:32 - Sep 3 with 4949 viewsJakeITFC

Not sure he is well suited to a 442.
Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 20:01 - Sep 3 with 4860 viewsOsborneOneNil

Mind boggles. He’s quality, just finding his feet.
Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 21:11 - Sep 3 with 4698 viewsjudespiveyg

While I think he is one of the players not up to full speed yet in the championship, and will improve, I'm uncertain as to whether he'll get in over Huws, Dozzell and Bishop.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 21:15 - Sep 3 with 4683 viewsbrogansnose

Out of all the signings, my gut feeling is that Nolan and Jackson are the two who will effectively make that step up.

Mind you, I'm normally wrong about everything.
Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 21:19 - Sep 3 with 4658 viewsPositivelyPortman

Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 21:11 - Sep 3 by judespiveyg

While I think he is one of the players not up to full speed yet in the championship, and will improve, I'm uncertain as to whether he'll get in over Huws, Dozzell and Bishop.

If those 3 are ever fully fit and match ready then that may be the case, but don’t hold your breath.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Nolan is quality... on 21:25 - Sep 3 with 4628 viewsunstableblue

... the guy is a good player, full stop.

I've been impressed with what he's done so far and I struggle to understand the negativity.

Yes of course he's not set the world on fire just yet, but he is tidy and I think effective. He now needs to get in the box more, increase his number of efforts, and make more goal assists. Has to be his goal.

He constantly get himself out of trouble, is great on the ball and is by far our most accurate passer this season so far at 77.4% accuracy, and thats having seen a lot of the ball. Ahead of many 'big name' players in the division, and significantly ahead of the next two Town players in Toto and Skuse.

Give the guy a break, and back him.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 21:29 - Sep 3 with 4611 viewsunstableblue

Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 21:15 - Sep 3 by brogansnose

Out of all the signings, my gut feeling is that Nolan and Jackson are the two who will effectively make that step up.

Mind you, I'm normally wrong about everything.

I was worried about Jackson; and I still am a bit.. in terms of having that bit of quality needed to be a real success. But on Sunday his movement and positioning was good.... in a way he got let down by distribution from other players. Funnily enough the excellent walters failed to release him into the space he'd found on the edge of the box on 2 or 3 occasions.

Needs a proper goal.

Login to get fewer ads

Nolan is quality... on 21:29 - Sep 3 with 4612 viewsbrogansnose

Nolan is quality... on 21:25 - Sep 3 by unstableblue

... the guy is a good player, full stop.

I've been impressed with what he's done so far and I struggle to understand the negativity.

Yes of course he's not set the world on fire just yet, but he is tidy and I think effective. He now needs to get in the box more, increase his number of efforts, and make more goal assists. Has to be his goal.

He constantly get himself out of trouble, is great on the ball and is by far our most accurate passer this season so far at 77.4% accuracy, and thats having seen a lot of the ball. Ahead of many 'big name' players in the division, and significantly ahead of the next two Town players in Toto and Skuse.

Give the guy a break, and back him.

He's getting grief because some expected some box to box dynamo goal scoring hero. He's making the step up and will come good. It'll come in time.

I like the boy. You can see the potential there.
Nolan is quality... on 21:39 - Sep 3 with 4567 viewsunstableblue

Nolan is quality... on 21:29 - Sep 3 by brogansnose

He's getting grief because some expected some box to box dynamo goal scoring hero. He's making the step up and will come good. It'll come in time.

I like the boy. You can see the potential there.

You can see he has quality on the ball and in the pass from this video, and he can finish:

There is some dynamo scoring. But errrrrrrr perhaps as you say the defenders are significantly better in this league.. so its a big step up as you say

(whisper it.. Norwich defended valiantly on Sunday at times)

Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 21:39 - Sep 3 with 4562 viewsbrogansnose

Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 21:29 - Sep 3 by unstableblue

I was worried about Jackson; and I still am a bit.. in terms of having that bit of quality needed to be a real success. But on Sunday his movement and positioning was good.... in a way he got let down by distribution from other players. Funnily enough the excellent walters failed to release him into the space he'd found on the edge of the box on 2 or 3 occasions.

Needs a proper goal.

Well, him and Harrison desparately need a goal . Out of the two I feel that Jackson is the one who can adapt more and has that body strength needed to hold the ball up and not be shrugged off. What is fundamantal is Hurst getting them that service once he settles on that midfield.

I thought Johnny Walters was brilliant on Sunday guiding and telling the young lads where to go and what to do.
Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 22:03 - Sep 3 with 4478 viewshave_a_word_with_him

We are not spending the kind of money that most of the competition are, anyone that thinks we are in the competitive mix of spending and ambition are deluded. Nolan did not cost much at all in relative terms these days, why expect him to be the second coming of Matty Holland. He cost only a bit more than Holland did, 21 years ago!
Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 22:12 - Sep 3 with 4446 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A couple of things.

Some will criticise/write off far too easily.

It will take something for him to overtake Knudsen for the "already decided he played poorly before the match has started" brigade. (As an aside I think his long throw is much more effective since the World Cup.)

It is OK to point out that Nolan has not looked great so far. On Sunday he made two big mistakes that led to their goal. The second was diving in and may well have been a desperate attempt to make up for the first but had the opposite effect. I am sure he will learn from that.

I actually think he has the potential to be the sort of player Holland was for us. (My recollection was he divided fans as to just how good he was.)

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 22:16 - Sep 3 with 4432 viewsipswich93

Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 21:29 - Sep 3 by unstableblue

Needs a proper goal.

Tbh I like Jackson there’s potential there to be a really good player I think maybe it’s me but think he needs to bulk up muscle wise abit as I’ve noticed he gets outmuscled to easily at times . Mind you I could be talking rubbish there and is it a case of not having bit naive in how he plays at times I’m hopeful having likes of Walters around will bring him on massively with that .
Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 22:17 - Sep 3 with 4430 viewsstrikalite

He's the one player who showed a bit of composure on the ball, probably because he's the one player who has a quality first touch which will always give you a tad more time, the best players have it...he's making a step up as said, hopefully we'll all give him a bit of time, though my worry is he may not get it once everyone is fit again..
Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 22:21 - Sep 3 with 4399 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 22:17 - Sep 3 by strikalite

He's the one player who showed a bit of composure on the ball, probably because he's the one player who has a quality first touch which will always give you a tad more time, the best players have it...he's making a step up as said, hopefully we'll all give him a bit of time, though my worry is he may not get it once everyone is fit again..

I think there is a reason Hurst has signed him wherever he has gone. I am sure he will be given plenty of chance. The problem is some fans will potentially see this as Hurst treating him as a favourite if things are not going so well.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 22:27 - Sep 3 with 4385 viewsMullet

He needs space to work, which he just isn't getting at this level. The game where he's stood out most tellingly has been Rotherham.

That could be the manager's system just isn't working consistently enough, the step up proving a challenge right now, or the unfamiliarity of the runs or non-runs around him. He's done one or two very encouraging things each game, but not enough so far.

In mitigation at Derby he got studded early doors and then Skuse went off injured, so with that and the Villa game you can understand. However, he is the bosses main man so it's the same as Chambers/Knudsen/Skuse for those already drawing glances at Hurst innit.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 22:31 - Sep 3 with 4357 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

He’s ok, just a sound championship midfielder. Don’t think he is worth 1.2m at 26 years old though. Is he better than what we have, I’d suggest not. Would rather have spent the 1.2 on a left winger.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 00:11 - Sep 4 with 4229 viewsBrettenhamBlue

My potential Scapegoat XI this season:

Bart,
Donacien, Spence, Chambers, Knudsen,
Nolan, Skuse, Adeyemi, Graham
Sears, Harrison

Subs: Gerken, Bishop and any free signings we make from now till Xmas.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 00:55 - Sep 4 with 4188 viewshorsehollerer

Spence's "unexpectedly" good showing yesterday probably sent a few into a panic to re-jig the boo schedule

I think Nolan is a very good footballer and seems to have a decent read of the game. Just had a couple of difficult outings lately.

Graham seems to have taken the moan mantle this week. Good to see the boos being spread more evenly this year though.

The one that really puzzles me is the ongoing Bart/Gerks selection debate. I totally get the anxiety before kickoff. I was very scared of what might happen. But I don't see how the decision is even questionable after the gamer. Gerks played almost a perfect game. He had no chance with the goal but was commanding, confident, dealt with crosses by and large. And we didn't concede from a set piece for once. Meanwhile, regarding Bart, well 5 of the goals he has conceded have featured varying degrees of Bart flappage.

Meanwhile, Town have faced the fewest shots on target of any team in the championship this season. Just 16 this season. So Bart has only made about 10 saves all season. Which might be his problem. Shots seemed to be coming in every couple of minutes last year, so he was constantly in action. btw this is not a dig at Bart. I want him to be great again and our #1. But the truth is he has been costly so far. Hurst's decision was absolutely spot on. Gerks was great, considering the pressure on him. And Hurst confirmed yet again that he has balls of steel and might actually know what he's doing sometimes.

COYB

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 05:54 - Sep 4 with 4076 viewstextbackup

What a silly post.

He absolutely shouldn’t have dived in for that tackle leading to the goal, and at times looked a little lost. However he’s finding his feet in a new team.

Think he’ll end up being a 7/10 weekly for us, give it 5/6 months

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 06:39 - Sep 4 with 4027 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

When Thatcher started selling council houses!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 07:43 - Sep 4 with 3930 viewsRegencyBlue

Pardon me for having an opinion!

As I said in a previous post it’s early days but I’ve seen nothing yet to justify all of the ‘hype’ surrounding Nolan before he signed.

That doesn’t mean I’m going to boo him but equally I’m not going to say I think he’s playing well when I don’t!
Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 08:13 - Sep 4 with 3855 viewsLeaky

Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 06:39 - Sep 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

When Thatcher started selling council houses!

?
Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 08:44 - Sep 4 with 3801 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Nolan looks like a late contender for this year's boo boy then? on 08:13 - Sep 4 by Leaky

?

The answer to

"When did we all get so unbelievably short term in our thinking?"

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024