Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert has a strange career 17:20 - Oct 25 with 2666 viewsitfcjoe

Some really good, some really bad - some really exciting football, some really dour football.

If he does turn up here, which one will we get?

The Norwich success is a concern though - one of their best ever managers coming here is strange.

He screwed them over at the end so that goes in his favour - I just worry how quickly some will turn if he struggles

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lambert has a strange career on 17:22 - Oct 25 with 2616 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone bothered by the Norwich connection needs a good slap.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lambert has a strange career on 17:25 - Oct 25 with 2561 viewsmagilton

Lambert hasn't played exciting football in years and he won't be starting here. It'll be back to McCarthy style basics. Enjoy.
Lambert has a strange career on 17:25 - Oct 25 with 2555 viewsCoco

Like Paul Jewell.

He was a top player. Managed Col U and is Scottish. Ticks a lot of boxes.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Lambert has a strange career on 17:26 - Oct 25 with 2533 viewssparks

Lambert has a strange career on 17:22 - Oct 25 by J2BLUE

Its human nature and guarantees a short honeymoon period. He will need to be effective, swiftly.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Lambert has a strange career on 17:28 - Oct 25 with 2512 viewsBigalhunter

It's Jewell all over again. One superb promotion playing decent stuff followed by years of underwhelming water-treading.
If it had been Lambert replacing Mick 6 months ago I think this place would have gone into meltdown.
It's an indication of how out of his depth PH was that I think he'll get a reasonable amount of time before the place turns completely feral.
Won't have the fickle floaters flocking back though.
Lambert has a strange career on 17:35 - Oct 25 with 2429 viewsitfcjoe

That's just stupid thing to say - it is clearly a big deal

Lambert has a strange career on 17:36 - Oct 25 with 2415 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He does well when working in East anglia or the south east.

Not so well when working in the west!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lambert has a strange career on 17:37 - Oct 25 with 2413 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

Well having just looked at WOTB they seem to be not very happy about. So that's a plus!
Login to get fewer ads

Lambert has a strange career on 17:38 - Oct 25 with 2392 viewsdavblue

He doesn’t hang around anywhere too long. I think with most of his clubs there’s been a falling out.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a deal until the end of the season.

Norwich were a very up and at them team, high intensity but that was 6 years ago that he left.

I have serious doubts about him but at the same time with our position, budget I wasn’t expecting too much.

The Norwich connection will be used by us and Norwich fans for either good or bad but he does have history with going to rivals.

He went from Wycombe to Colchester who hate each other there’s a real rivalry there from the non league days when they were fighting for promotion. he’s very dispassionate to his clubs.

It’s a no from me and that’s based on his recent record, nothing to do with the Norwich connection.
Lambert has a strange career on 17:39 - Oct 25 with 2379 viewsJ2BLUE

Lambert has a strange career on 17:35 - Oct 25 by itfcjoe

That's just stupid thing to say - it is clearly a big deal

Why? He's a man looking for a job. He's coming here to try and rebuild his career and save us. Why does it matter that he had success there? It's not like he was there saying he loved them and it was his dream to manage them. He took a job there after a freak result for Colchester. I'm amazed you think it matters.

Truly impaired.

Lambert has a strange career on 17:40 - Oct 25 with 2364 viewsHipsterectomy

I remember him doing a good job at col, an incredible job at scum, a commendable job at villa, an awful job at wolves and then he quit Blackburn before he could be judged. He then failed at stoke.

On that he’s bang average.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Lambert has a strange career on 17:40 - Oct 25 with 2364 viewsswede

He kept both Blackburn and Wolves up when brought in mid-season.
Lambert has a strange career on 17:41 - Oct 25 with 2339 viewsLeagueOne

What about the fact he's a crud manager as well as a scummer?

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Lambert has a strange career on 17:42 - Oct 25 with 2310 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert has a strange career on 17:39 - Oct 25 by J2BLUE

Why? He's a man looking for a job. He's coming here to try and rebuild his career and save us. Why does it matter that he had success there? It's not like he was there saying he loved them and it was his dream to manage them. He took a job there after a freak result for Colchester. I'm amazed you think it matters.

Look at the main stories

Independent - Paul Hurst sacked: Ipswich Town considering former Norwich boss Paul Lambert as new manager

Paul Hurst sacked by Ipswich with ex-Norwich boss Paul Lambert in line to replace him

They are the first two I saw - I'm sure there is more

It is clearly a big deal that the manager of our greatest rivals is potentially heading here, and makes things difficult

Similar to McLeish at Villa - fans will turn quicker, it can't be avoided

Lambert has a strange career on 17:44 - Oct 25 with 2267 viewsJ2BLUE

Lambert has a strange career on 17:42 - Oct 25 by itfcjoe

Look at the main stories

Independent - Paul Hurst sacked: Ipswich Town considering former Norwich boss Paul Lambert as new manager

Paul Hurst sacked by Ipswich with ex-Norwich boss Paul Lambert in line to replace him

It is clearly a big deal that the manager of our greatest rivals is potentially heading here, and makes things difficult

I respect your opinion I just completely disagree.

Truly impaired.

Lambert has a strange career on 17:46 - Oct 25 with 2244 viewsbackwaywhen

Lambert has a strange career on 17:40 - Oct 25 by Hipsterectomy

I remember him doing a good job at col, an incredible job at scum, a commendable job at villa, an awful job at wolves and then he quit Blackburn before he could be judged. He then failed at stoke.

On that he’s bang average.

He was hung out to dry at Stoke , they were destined for relegation that season .
Lambert has a strange career on 17:49 - Oct 25 with 2215 viewsSwansea_Blue

I couldn’t care about that, but I do find it an uninspiring appointment. Another manager merry go round appointment. As the OP says, he’s been very up and down and had a few bad spells more lately in his career.

But, of course I hope does well. And it’s more than likely I’m wrong; it’s just a gut feeling nothing more.

Interesting times; he’s got hell of a mess to sort out!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lambert has a strange career on 17:57 - Oct 25 with 2170 viewstractorboy1978

Lambert has a strange career on 17:42 - Oct 25 by itfcjoe

Look at the main stories

I agree it potentially will matter but it shouldn't. I would see him with the same eyes as I would any new manager but lots would cut him less slack I am sure.
Lambert has a strange career on 18:10 - Oct 25 with 2104 viewsBent_double

Lambert has a strange career on 17:39 - Oct 25 by J2BLUE

I'm with you, J2. Wouldn't matter too much to me, as long as he does a decent job here.

Norwich was always a stepping-stone for him, which is why they ended on such bad terms.

I'd be more concerned if an ex-budgie player (eg Bruce) was our new manager.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Lambert has a strange career on 18:12 - Oct 25 with 2077 viewschicoazul

Lambert has a strange career on 17:25 - Oct 25 by magilton

Lambert hasn't played exciting football in years and he won't be starting here. It'll be back to McCarthy style basics. Enjoy.

Think we would all take mid table right now so bring it on.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Lambert has a strange career on 18:13 - Oct 25 with 2064 viewschicoazul

Lambert has a strange career on 17:28 - Oct 25 by Bigalhunter

It's Jewell all over again. One superb promotion playing decent stuff followed by years of underwhelming water-treading.
If it had been Lambert replacing Mick 6 months ago I think this place would have gone into meltdown.
It's an indication of how out of his depth PH was that I think he'll get a reasonable amount of time before the place turns completely feral.
Won't have the fickle floaters flocking back though.

Lambert's career is nothing like Jewell's dont be silly. Keeping Villa alive for as long as he did, as we now see, was very good.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Lambert has a strange career on 18:31 - Oct 25 with 1939 viewspointofblue

Lambert has a strange career on 18:10 - Oct 25 by Bent_double

I'm with you, J2. Wouldn't matter too much to me, as long as he does a decent job here.

Norwich was always a stepping-stone for him, which is why they ended on such bad terms.

I'd be more concerned if an ex-budgie player (eg Bruce) was our new manager.

Ex-Budgie player... like Joe Royle?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lambert has a strange career on 18:31 - Oct 25 with 1939 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Bit like Jewell.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Lambert has a strange career on 18:34 - Oct 25 with 1908 viewsBent_double

Lambert has a strange career on 18:31 - Oct 25 by pointofblue

Ex-Budgie player... like Joe Royle?

Yeah OK, I realise that, but that was a long time ago, so I conveniently ignored him!

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024