Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How do you see the future of ITFC 09:27 - Aug 23 with 4465 viewsFrimleyBlue

Being realistic, what do you see after the last 18 years

Honestly, without a new owner (BTW no gripe with Evans, I think he's brilliant tbh) who wants to plough a sht load of money in, I can realistically see us going down and being a yo yo league 1 league 2 club in the next 15 years.

Doesn't mean that's a bad thing, football has changed a lot over the past 30 odd years and I can't see anything other than the top 2 leagues being full of what I call money clubs.

I think you'll see the occasional side shock, as we tend to see occasionally now, but overall I think it's going to really end up being those who spend big succeed those who don't compete in their own group.

I've joked about it a few times, but I can see town in the next 20 years moving into a small stadium on the outskirts of town, and the council putting housing developments all over PR.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see a future which includes the prem or the championship for us based on how football is going.

The above is no flounce on Evans, Hurst etc, nothing to do with current results which tbh means nothing at this point in the season. But i'd like to know what others see in the future of ITFC

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

How do you see the future of ITFC on 09:29 - Aug 23 with 4037 viewsSomethingBlue

Your worst-case scenario about the stadium will not happen but, in general, I would not be remotely surprised if things got a fair bit worse before they got better.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

How do you see the future of ITFC on 09:30 - Aug 23 with 4026 viewsReuser_is_God

If we keep reinvesting transfer fees & keep producing players from the academy I see no reason why we'd become a yo-yo club between L1 & L2. Or even go down to L1

Obviously a relegation to L1 is a possibility though but I can't see us dropping any further.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 9:31]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

How do you see the future of ITFC on 09:31 - Aug 23 with 4005 viewshype313

Money is the driving force, with that in mind as year passes by the teams coming down have far more resources, we are slowly being left behind financially, especially given ten years ago we were considered the rich boys.

I think you an only work on limited resources for a certain period before the probability of relegation happens, far more chance of relegation than a flukey promotion. That being said, plenty of clubs have thrown money at getting out and failed so there is a caveat to that argument.

Either way, I don't think or expect Evans to throw millions at it going forward, it's too rich for him now, however I will continue to support the club through thick and thin regardless of what division we are in.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

How do you see the future of ITFC on 09:37 - Aug 23 with 3963 viewsjudespiveyg

Promotion this year, win the league and fa cup double next year, win the European cup the year after. Believe.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

How do you see the future of ITFC on 09:39 - Aug 23 with 3954 viewsKeno

Year of consolidation

Next season playoffs as youths start to come through

Automatis promotion in 3 years time build on solid core and youth

couple of season building in Prem

Europa league in 6 years

Top 4 in 7-8 years

League champs in 10 years

Champions league 10-12 years

Move to f'ck off big stadium on edge of town to accommodate 50,000 plus home crowds

Evans donates club to charitable trust with unlimited lifetime funding

We beat conference team Norwich City FC 15-0 in 3rd of FA Cup as their last game in the then condemned Carrow Road before they move to a new multi use family facility in Acle

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

How do you see the future of ITFC on 09:43 - Aug 23 with 3949 viewsMeenoITFC

I disagree 100%. We are lucky to have a owner that keeps the club stable and out of debt. Its down to the players and manager where if we succeed on the pitch or not, with mick we almost made it! playing the football we used to.

We are Ipswich town FC for god sake not Cheltenham town. Our history, PR, fans and the club in general will live on as a well respected club for many many years.

Poll: Is Jonny Williams worth signing

How do you see the future of ITFC on 09:56 - Aug 23 with 3895 viewsLeagueOne

How do you see the future of ITFC on 09:43 - Aug 23 by MeenoITFC

I disagree 100%. We are lucky to have a owner that keeps the club stable and out of debt. Its down to the players and manager where if we succeed on the pitch or not, with mick we almost made it! playing the football we used to.

We are Ipswich town FC for god sake not Cheltenham town. Our history, PR, fans and the club in general will live on as a well respected club for many many years.

We are not out of debt technically speaking, we owe him the 100million and he charges us 5-10% interest on the debt, he's not a charity. The debt is small beans compared to the competing clubs in English football though, the problem is our income is poor from gates and merchandising - it struggles to cover the wages which is the bigger problem which won't be resolved by a trip to League One and back as a few feel it would be.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

How do you see the future of ITFC on 09:58 - Aug 23 with 3877 viewsKeno

How do you see the future of ITFC on 09:56 - Aug 23 by LeagueOne

We are not out of debt technically speaking, we owe him the 100million and he charges us 5-10% interest on the debt, he's not a charity. The debt is small beans compared to the competing clubs in English football though, the problem is our income is poor from gates and merchandising - it struggles to cover the wages which is the bigger problem which won't be resolved by a trip to League One and back as a few feel it would be.

Phil or someone who knows - "we owe him the 100million and he charges us 5-10% interest on the debt" if that correct?

Login to get fewer ads

How do you see the future of ITFC on 10:03 - Aug 23 with 3840 viewshype313

How do you see the future of ITFC on 09:58 - Aug 23 by Keno

Phil or someone who knows - "we owe him the 100million and he charges us 5-10% interest on the debt" if that correct?

Who owes him £100m? surely he owes himself?

I'm no financial guru as you may guess.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

How do you see the future of ITFC on 10:05 - Aug 23 with 3834 viewsMeenoITFC

Where did you get this information from? If I buy a business, I own the business? So no one owes me the debt on my shoulders, if I pay that debt, its in my shoes to earn it back through the company legally

Poll: Is Jonny Williams worth signing

How do you see the future of ITFC on 10:11 - Aug 23 with 3818 viewsGuthrum

There is money in some sections of the Championship, but there is not enough to make even a majority wealthy to the point of a Derby or a Villa.

The Prem will never be that generous in sharing out its income - which they themselves need to compete in their own division. I think we're getting to the point of peak TV income, judging by the way some channels are now divesting themselves from rights they bought previously. Plus there are only ever a limited number of stupidly rich, profligate investors who can actually afford to throw away vast sums on a football club. Their existence is dependent upon wider economic factors, world affairs and, sometimes, money which is entirely imaginary or illegally obtained (followed by prosecution and imprisonment, perhaps for political reasons).

For me, there will always be a very sizeable proportion of Championship clubs, between a half and two thirds, for whom finances will be broadly similar and at a moderate level (plus a couple of really skint ones at the bottom). Looking at the division's spending graphs, we are - and will remain - in that sector, albeit towards the lower end.

In addition, there is more than one way to succeed in the second tier. Good quality footballers can be obtained in ways other than spending huge fees. Unregarded or out-of-form players from our own level and higher can be acquired cheaply or for free. Potential stars from lower divisions can be discovered or bought relatively cheaply. Then there are the products from the Academy (which, in our case, is notably good). It's more of a gamble than splashing the cash, but need not be any less successful in the medium or long term.

Income can be generated by improving those players and selling them on at a profit - sometimes considerable.

One advantage we do have is financial stability. Our owner is not inclined towards mad and expensive schemes which don't come off, nor is he one for managerial tinkering. He's looking to, as far as possible, break even rather than racking up even more immense debts. Overstretch is limited. There is, as far as one can tell, unlikely to be a sudden financial collapse with HMRC and other debtors on our tail and a fire-sale of players in the offing.

Short of something very unfortunate happening, I can see us maintaining at least our second-tier status for the forseeable future. With a bit of good luck and some careful management, we could even have a go at promotion.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

How do you see the future of ITFC on 10:12 - Aug 23 with 3792 viewsGuthrum

It has been stated that he doesn't charge us interest on the full debt.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

How do you see the future of ITFC on 10:17 - Aug 23 with 3766 viewsSikamikanico

How do you see the future of ITFC on 10:05 - Aug 23 by MeenoITFC

Where did you get this information from? If I buy a business, I own the business? So no one owes me the debt on my shoulders, if I pay that debt, its in my shoes to earn it back through the company legally

"Where did you get this information from? If I buy a business, I own the business? So no one owes me the debt on my shoulders, if I pay that debt, its in my shoes to earn it back through the company legally "

The company ITFC is a separate Legal Entity. Any money transferred to the club by ME or one of his other company's is only ever a Loan to be repaid.

The initial outlay of buying the shares is not a part of this loan.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 10:18]
How do you see the future of ITFC on 10:18 - Aug 23 with 3756 viewsKeno

How do you see the future of ITFC on 10:12 - Aug 23 by Guthrum

It has been stated that he doesn't charge us interest on the full debt.

thank you

How do you see the future of ITFC on 10:20 - Aug 23 with 3745 viewsTIB

I can't help but feel your feelings are partly down to the fact we've not made a great start I fully expected the start of the season to be bad...we brought so many players in late, even Hurst arrived later than expected and as a consequence, the team isn't up to speed. We do however now have a young manager who is hungry to succeed at this level...alongside him we have some young and exciting players who with time I'm sure will see us good and we will survive this season and push on next.

We are a club with morals, we pride ourselves on bringing talent through the academy and not paying out huge fees for players. Whilst right now we see other clubs spending silly money on players, rarely does this pay off and when FFP becomes stricter (which I think it will), I think we'll be in a better position than a lot of other clubs. We just have to ride out this stormy transition period and remember that as a club, we have a lot more great memories than most clubs.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

How do you see the future of ITFC on 10:25 - Aug 23 with 3724 viewsGooders7592

I agree in terms of the stadium. I think it's only a matter of time until the council do that in terms of housing developments. What's the contract with ITFC and Portman Road?

I can't see us dropping into League 2, League 1 is a real possibility though. I can see us becoming a club very similar to Peterborough (disregarding our history obviously).
How do you see the future of ITFC on 10:28 - Aug 23 with 3707 viewsSteve_M

How do you see the future of ITFC on 09:58 - Aug 23 by Keno

The former is broadly correct, the latter is not the case as is amply demonstrated in our accounts.

Evans will have to take a big hit to sell the club, current asking price is about £30m apparently (£5m more than last season).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

How do you see the future of ITFC on 10:33 - Aug 23 with 3692 viewsLeagueOne

How do you see the future of ITFC on 10:18 - Aug 23 by Keno

thank you

This wasn't the case posted on one of the experts on football accounting who highlighted the failings in Evans ownerships at ITFC a couple of years ago, it claimed we did indeed pay the interest of slightly below market rate on the debt at that time despite Evans claiming otherwise - anyone got the link to that?

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

How do you see the future of ITFC on 10:51 - Aug 23 with 3637 viewsKeno

How do you see the future of ITFC on 10:33 - Aug 23 by LeagueOne

This wasn't the case posted on one of the experts on football accounting who highlighted the failings in Evans ownerships at ITFC a couple of years ago, it claimed we did indeed pay the interest of slightly below market rate on the debt at that time despite Evans claiming otherwise - anyone got the link to that?

perhaps you could find the link?

Missing links and Norwich fans ........ joke there somewhere
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 10:52]

How do you see the future of ITFC on 11:00 - Aug 23 with 3613 viewsmrshallisfit

How do you see the future of ITFC on 09:30 - Aug 23 by Reuser_is_God

If we keep reinvesting transfer fees & keep producing players from the academy I see no reason why we'd become a yo-yo club between L1 & L2. Or even go down to L1

Obviously a relegation to L1 is a possibility though but I can't see us dropping any further.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 9:31]

Someone is wearing some blinkers.
How do you see the future of ITFC on 15:56 - Aug 23 with 3481 viewsCurrie10

Probably a league 1 club for a long time when we finally go down.
How do you see the future of ITFC on 16:10 - Aug 23 with 3461 viewsITFC_Forever

Barring a stars-aligning season which sees us get promoted / in the POs, I don't see us challenging for promotion consistently in the next few years. Again, that's not a dig at ME / PH, but a by-product of what is happening at a macro-level in the Champ / Prem and the teams that go up / down.

I think sooner or later ME will decide he's done his time at ITFC and will sell the club. Where we go from there is anyone's guess, depending on who he sells to and the funds they make available to the manager to strengthen the team and if that money is spent wisely.

From a more general point of view, I would like nothing more than the top 6 in the Prem to disappear off in to the sunset and play in a European league and take the money with them. That will massively level the playing field for the rest of us and we may get a more competitive and even football business in this country.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

How do you see the future of ITFC on 22:21 - Dec 14 with 2792 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

How do you see the future of ITFC on 09:37 - Aug 23 by judespiveyg

Promotion this year, win the league and fa cup double next year, win the European cup the year after. Believe.

would take about 15-18 straight wins starting now to get us promoted. I'm not that hopeful.
How do you see the future of ITFC on 08:03 - Dec 15 with 2547 viewsPecker

I believe we will beat the drop, just, this season and then go back to being a mid table side for another couple of decades unless serious investment is made. Football these days is all about money. Gone are the days when you could do it with bargain basement players. Unless our academy produces 11 stars soon, we will be a mid table Championship side for the foreseeable. I must admit, I like the Championship. 6 different sides each season to visit. If we go down, which I dread, but if we do, then I think it will be many years of flirting with promotion without achieving it. Like I said, money rules now, so the same of investment in league one will not get us promoted. I hope for a fantastic new year and pray that results go our way. Mid table championship side for the next 2 decades will do for me.
How do you see the future of ITFC on 08:40 - Dec 15 with 2503 viewsSuperblue95

It's September 2023. There is 9,000 in Portman Road for a crucial league two match with Newport County. We are 1-0 down approaching half time. Their fans start chanting "your grounds too big for you". They are right.

*shudders*

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024