Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's renewed then and why? 23:46 - Apr 30 with 13667 viewsmonytowbray

We have a million and one depressing and angry threads on not renewing but very few on those that have.

Me? It's a yes from me. Debated it but I really don't think things are as bad as some are claiming. We're still better than we were under RK/PJ but we've had a cr@p season no doubt. However I still think Mick is the man for the job if Evans freed up some funds. I have a feeling this summer may be the point where Evans wakes up.

I think next season could surprise us. Or that's what I'm praying for anyway.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Who's renewed then and why? on 00:12 - May 1 with 5777 viewsBasuco

Yes, it is a long time since the heady days of Wembley 2000, I have stayed with Town this far so it will be another season for me, Mrs. B and Basuco the younger.
Who's renewed then and why? on 00:13 - May 1 with 5781 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Me. I support my local team. I love going to the match. My son has joined me the last couple of seasons and his football education is not yet complete. I think he gets it. It's not just about the football. It's also about the before and after. Meeting old friends. Making new friends. I hope he'll look back fondly on his introduction to football. I do on mine. There is lots he can't appreciate yet. That moment a substitution is made. A player from the youth team. The first time you've seen him. And you know, he's got it. The touch, the vision. He's going to make it. He does. Great pleasure. And then the pain. The pain when we sell him. Because we have to. Because we can't hold him back. Because we need the money. I'm back next season because I love my club. I love the pub pre and post match. And I'm waiting for that substitution. The pleasure and the pain.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Who's renewed then and why? on 01:24 - May 1 with 5724 viewsparkinshair

I've renewed.
I sit quite near to you and would miss your dulcet tones.
Quite a haircut you've had Sir.

Its all eggs, baked beans, and a fried slice
Blog: A New Hope Has Quickly Turned into Carry On Screaming

Who's renewed then and why? on 01:43 - May 1 with 5714 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I've renewed.

Football is sh1t. But there's nowhere I'd rather be on a Saturday than at Portman road or some northern sh1thole cheering us on singing my heart out.

I spent years saying I wanted a season ticket and would do anything to have one.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Who's renewed then and why? on 02:10 - May 1 with 5688 viewsNewcyBlue

Who's renewed then and why? on 01:43 - May 1 by The_Romford_Blue

I've renewed.

Football is sh1t. But there's nowhere I'd rather be on a Saturday than at Portman road or some northern sh1thole cheering us on singing my heart out.

I spent years saying I wanted a season ticket and would do anything to have one.

Northern sh1t hole? Try putting it in the front mate....

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Who's renewed then and why? on 02:16 - May 1 with 5672 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Who's renewed then and why? on 02:10 - May 1 by NewcyBlue

Northern sh1t hole? Try putting it in the front mate....

What?

Rotherham and Barnsley - absolute sh1tholes

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Who's renewed then and why? on 02:26 - May 1 with 5662 viewsNewcyBlue

Who's renewed then and why? on 02:16 - May 1 by The_Romford_Blue

What?

You are so innocent sometimes Rommy...

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Who's renewed then and why? on 02:43 - May 1 with 5650 viewsharlingblue

Yes I have renewed, I love my seat in the upper Coop stand, the people that I sit next to and have a chance to chew the fat with.
Having played, coached and managed teams for many a year, I have had the chance to look down at the selections/formations being played by the teams during the ME reign. McGilton, bad first choice as manager, far too close to the players that he had previously been playing with, a novice manager and a squad that was far too big.
Keane, what an exciting prospect this appointment was, turned into a nightmare as he squandered money and cast off exciting talent, many that have come back to haunt us.
Jewell, had an impressive track record in the past, but had been out of the game too long, relegation threatened.
McCarthy saved us during his first season, built in a fine work ethic and unearthed some gems bought for the peanuts that he had been given by ME, then sold for millions that kept the club ticking over, with ME having an easy ride. That ride is over now ME, I have renewed my interest in ITFC, time for you to do the same?
Login to get fewer ads

Who's renewed then and why? on 05:55 - May 1 with 5575 viewsJohnhoz

Who's renewed then and why? on 02:26 - May 1 by NewcyBlue

You are so innocent sometimes Rommy...

How do you think people perceive the beautiful town of Romford?

Edit. That was meant as a reply to Rommy for slagging off Barnsley and Rotherham. I like South Yorkshire. Whenever I've been to Barnsley I've always enjoyed chatting with the locals.
Rotherham, unforunately, has had some terrible publicity in recent times.
I live 'Up North', Rommy, which is why I'm probably quite defensive about your comments
[Post edited 1 May 2017 6:03]

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Who's renewed then and why? on 06:48 - May 1 with 5513 viewsPendejo

Who's renewed then and why? on 05:55 - May 1 by Johnhoz

Edit. That was meant as a reply to Rommy for slagging off Barnsley and Rotherham. I like South Yorkshire. Whenever I've been to Barnsley I've always enjoyed chatting with the locals.
I live 'Up North', Rommy, which is why I'm probably quite defensive about your comments

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Who's renewed then and why? on 07:02 - May 1 with 5494 viewsJohnhoz

Who's renewed then and why? on 06:48 - May 1 by Pendejo

I can get quite confused about which camp I'm in sometimes. Being from 'down south' but living up here means I can pick and choose when it suits me.

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Who's renewed then and why? on 07:03 - May 1 with 5489 viewsartsbossbeard

Yep. Always have, always will.

Up or down, follow the town.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Who's renewed then and why? on 07:09 - May 1 with 5477 viewsBenters

Sadly i feel football has left MM behind and even if ME did give him a big old wedge,he would still serve his dross up,but just with better players.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Who's renewed then and why? on 07:47 - May 1 with 5394 viewsFtnfwest

Commendable and let's hope things improve but let's also not make the decision out to be one about whether people are continuing to support their club or not. It's more about guaranteeing them £500 in advance for what's likely to be another, or even worse, season of misery and boredom. Won't make much difference for me as I haven't had a ST for some years, I've always lived too far away to make it worthwhile, as the petrol alone nearly trebles the cost of attending. But I tend to do as many away games as home and I think there's cetainly a decent proportion of those not renewing who will do something similar.
Who's renewed then and why? on 08:19 - May 1 with 5325 viewsblueprint

Who's renewed then and why? on 02:16 - May 1 by The_Romford_Blue

What?

Romford- " The Jewell in the crown" of areas in south Essex where locals like to think they live in London.
Who's renewed then and why? on 08:24 - May 1 with 5307 viewsbrogansnose

I like Sth Yorks and the people. The countryside arond there is lovely and the cities have a charm all of their own especially when you walk around the old industrial centres , forges and mills. The same goes for the North in general.

Rommy , you're being daft.
Who's renewed then and why? on 08:25 - May 1 with 5302 viewsHerbivore

I've renewed because I love the Town and I enjoy the day out. I still mostly enjoy the match itself too.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Who's renewed then and why? on 08:34 - May 1 with 5267 viewsBenters

Who's renewed then and why? on 08:19 - May 1 by blueprint

Romford- " The Jewell in the crown" of areas in south Essex where locals like to think they live in London.

Lolz

Gentlybentley

Who's renewed then and why? on 08:41 - May 1 with 5255 viewsMullet

You have to remember Rommy spends most of his time with his fingers in a greasy box licking KFC remnants off his fingers, looking at the wonder of tower blocks as the distant promise of the M25 gets his mind racing.

#keepawaygamesnorthern

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Who's renewed then and why? on 08:54 - May 1 with 5197 views12th_Man

Ive renewed because I'm the 12th man and because i love the club even though we had a bad season

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

Who's renewed then and why? on 08:56 - May 1 with 5200 viewsReuser_is_God

Who's renewed then and why? on 01:43 - May 1 by The_Romford_Blue

I've renewed.

Mate, you live in Romford.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Who's renewed then and why? on 09:31 - May 1 with 5105 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Who's renewed then and why? on 07:03 - May 1 by artsbossbeard

Yep. Always have, always will.

Up or down, follow the town.

This.
Who's renewed then and why? on 09:46 - May 1 with 5057 viewsDolly2.0

Yep. Did debate it (in my head and with mates). Particularly as I already miss a fair few (especially Tuesday nights) and had plans to move even further away. Coming, and paying on the day, now and again seemed a more financially sensible choice.

But as a mate pointed out, I'd end up coming less and less due to having to justify forking out for matchday prices. With a season ticket I'd be more likely to come simply because it's already bought and paid for. Which was a good point I thought.

As others have said, it's not just about the match. It's the whole matchday experience. Catching up with mates for food, drinks and chats about everything, not just ITFC. Been doing it for years and couldn't really stop that. Most of us have a small hardcore group of best mates and mine happen to be my ITFC mates. We've been on several holidays together too. And there's no point coming all the way to Ipswich just for a beer and a chat. Might as well watch the match however dull it might be.

A mate is renewing without hesitation, probably for similar reasons, and he lives in Clithero near Blackburn. He's probably going to hell for his carbon footprint and it's definitely a waste of money for him compared to paying on the day.

Supporters who just come for the match I can understand not renewing.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Who's renewed then and why? on 09:52 - May 1 with 5021 viewsBenters

Who's renewed then and why? on 08:56 - May 1 by Reuser_is_God

Mate, you live in Romford.

*shudders*

Gentlybentley

Who's renewed then and why? on 10:06 - May 1 with 4997 viewsSteve_M

I've renewed, in all honesty I find the continual rail replacement busses far more of a drag than the football - although that has been dreadful at times over the last 18 months. I might find myself going to fewer home games because of that but I still enjoy the day.

Also the differential between season ticket and match day prices is such that I just about do enough games for it to make sense but the real advantage of the season ticket for me is that I just need to worry about the transport if I want to go.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024