Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... 10:57 - Jan 7 with 5100 viewsblaggers

...it's pretty clear that Lambert is putting the heat on Evans for more financial support and quality of players, and that so far we've not been blessed with talent wanting to sign for us. If this pattern continues through January, I'm prepared to wager that Lambert will quit before the end of the season.

Poll: What happens next?

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 10:59 - Jan 7 with 5082 viewsMrTown

Certainly looks more and more likely. Will be able to speak more on that come the 1st February though.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 11:01 - Jan 7 with 5065 viewsGuthrum

He has resigned from clubs before where what he considered necessary financial support was not forthcoming. Tho not previously in the middle of a season.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 11:03 - Jan 7 with 5038 viewswkj

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 11:01 - Jan 7 by Guthrum

He has resigned from clubs before where what he considered necessary financial support was not forthcoming. Tho not previously in the middle of a season.

Indeed, if Evans doesn't at least attempt to back Lambert, he will walk in the summer, I am almost certain of it.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

on 11:06 - Jan 7 with 5014 views_

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 11:28 - Jan 7 with 4910 viewschicoazul

Would he quit though? I dunno. that would be 4 failures on the spin for him and quitting a club fighting for its' life is never a good look. If we go down he can easily avoid the majority of blame and he may fancy a crack at L1 to try to rebuild both his and our reputation since both are in need of it.
Plus I imagine he is on a very good screw from Evans.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

on 11:29 - Jan 7 with 4897 views_

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 11:28 - Jan 7 by chicoazul

Would he quit though? I dunno. that would be 4 failures on the spin for him and quitting a club fighting for its' life is never a good look. If we go down he can easily avoid the majority of blame and he may fancy a crack at L1 to try to rebuild both his and our reputation since both are in need of it.

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 11:40 - Jan 7 with 4851 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 11:28 - Jan 7 by chicoazul

This

He will have known what budget was available when taking the job - unless he quits and is publicly stating that the goalposts had been shifted then his reputation will undoubtedly take a bit. As it stands he’s won 3 of his last 29 games as a manager across 3 clubs - hardly likely to be a queue of teams to take him

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 11:43 - Jan 7 with 4832 viewsFrimleyBlue

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 11:40 - Jan 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

This

He will have known what budget was available when taking the job - unless he quits and is publicly stating that the goalposts had been shifted then his reputation will undoubtedly take a bit. As it stands he’s won 3 of his last 29 games as a manager across 3 clubs - hardly likely to be a queue of teams to take him

I do wonder though if Evans was expecting a better return on results under Lambert and is in my opinion rightly calculating the realism of staying up and therefore what finance to provide.

For example, would you hand over a load of cash if you knew 99.9% it was a complete waste to do so....

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 11:50 - Jan 7 with 4808 viewsTractorWood

Agree. I think he'll realise the extent of the financial constraints this month. Compound that with the difficulty of recruiting when bottom and seemingly surrounded by general downbeat sentiment. I'd be surprised if he's still in here in the summer but hopefully we can keep him.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 11:58 - Jan 7 with 4773 viewsColchesterBlue1985

I said some time ago if he is not backed in Jan he will be gone by Feb. This was before his recent press conferences which have only served to add to it. The key in this is whilst he still thinks he can save us, once that has gone and it’s not even going to be close than he will go.

People say he won’t get another job well it will reflect just as badly on us and replacing him will prove to be very tricky.
Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 11:58 - Jan 7 with 4768 viewsblaggers

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 11:40 - Jan 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

This

I’m certain that the budget discussed before Lambert joined is not the budget being discussed now. There’s no way he’d have taken this job with a verbal assurance on money being made available, and the early indications seem to be that due to our position, the same money is not about now. I’m certain he’ll walk if we don’t at least look to be giving it a good go. In fairness Keane and Elder are more of the same as we already picked up in the summer. He’s dead right about the club being broken, and he’s clever enough to spot that the fans are angry with Evans as opposed to Lambert, despite his terrible start. Once it appears that he’s getting the blame instead of the owner, he’ll be off.

Poll: What happens next?

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 12:02 - Jan 7 with 4747 viewsazuremerlangus

We are now a week into January and PL is now probably struggling to get his way with the money man...

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 12:06 - Jan 7 with 4722 viewsurbanblue

I think Lambert wants to be here and is showing that he sees us as a long term project. This is the start of a desire to rebuild us from rock bottom. Put yourself in his place ... The challenge of restoring our reputation even if it does involve having to do it from League 1 and the kudos he would gain if he manages it must be firing him up. Of course, the unknown aspect is Evans and the financial backing. However, I think these comments are the start of him really getting the bit between his teeth!
Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 13:03 - Jan 7 with 4575 viewsGuthrum

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 11:43 - Jan 7 by FrimleyBlue

I do wonder though if Evans was expecting a better return on results under Lambert and is in my opinion rightly calculating the realism of staying up and therefore what finance to provide.

For example, would you hand over a load of cash if you knew 99.9% it was a complete waste to do so....

But is/was he being realistic in expecting Lambert to dramatically turn things around with the squad at his disposal between November and now?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 13:04 - Jan 7 with 4559 viewsurbanblue

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 13:03 - Jan 7 by Guthrum

But is/was he being realistic in expecting Lambert to dramatically turn things around with the squad at his disposal between November and now?

When has Evans ever been realistic!
I think I said Monday 4th February..... on 13:05 - Jan 7 with 4550 viewsBloots

....would be the day he quit.

It's looking more and more likely with each passing day.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 13:09 - Jan 7 with 4499 viewsFrimleyBlue

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 13:03 - Jan 7 by Guthrum

Dramatically turn things around no, but what is it, 2 wins in total?

I'm a firm believer of Lambert, but that's not to say I don't feel he has got some things wrong so far.

Waka waka eh eh

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 14:04 - Jan 7 with 4353 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

No - but more than 6 points from 11 games and closer than 10pts from safety was

Unusually Frimley actually has a point there - quite possible that Evans may be looking at the position now and thinking it’s too much to overcome

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 14:37 - Jan 7 with 4256 viewsJ2BLUE

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 14:04 - Jan 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

No - but more than 6 points from 11 games and closer than 10pts from safety was

Unusually Frimley actually has a point there - quite possible that Evans may be looking at the position now and thinking it’s too much to overcome

It's not though, if we beat Rotherham.

7 points is not a massive gap. It's difficult, for sure, but the other teams at the bottom are also dire and i'm not sure I agree that we'll struggle to get decent loans in like some are saying. Saturday really is key though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 14:48 - Jan 7 with 4209 viewsFrimleyBlue

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 14:37 - Jan 7 by J2BLUE

7 points is not a massive gap. It's difficult, for sure, but the other teams at the bottom are also dire and i'm not sure I agree that we'll struggle to get decent loans in like some are saying. Saturday really is key though.

Sadly though, so was the game with Millwall, and those before it. Everytime we come into the ' this really is a must win' we lose the damn thing.

I can't see us winning Saturday, unless Lambert pulls 2 or 3 players out of the air this week

Waka waka eh eh

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 15:02 - Jan 7 with 4149 viewsJ2BLUE

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 14:48 - Jan 7 by FrimleyBlue

Sadly though, so was the game with Millwall, and those before it. Everytime we come into the ' this really is a must win' we lose the damn thing.

I can't see us winning Saturday, unless Lambert pulls 2 or 3 players out of the air this week

Millwall was a key game. I think this is the first genuine must win game of the season though. I haven't used the words must win until now.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 15:07 - Jan 7 with 4126 viewsFrimleyBlue

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 15:02 - Jan 7 by J2BLUE

Millwall was a key game. I think this is the first genuine must win game of the season though. I haven't used the words must win until now.

Would you go as far as I think and see this as 'THE' game

Waka waka eh eh

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 15:33 - Jan 7 with 4061 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Mark my words, if you think it can't get any worse... on 14:37 - Jan 7 by J2BLUE

I agree - but may not be how Evans sees it

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024