Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting from Dozzell... 12:24 - Apr 5 with 3934 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

“The gaffer has said I need a bit more physicality, although he also tells me that you don’t always need physicality if you play with your brain.

“I’ve just got to stick with what my game is because it’s not really about physicality — it’s about playing quickly and using my brain — and if you’re good enough on the ball you don’t need that physicality.”

Not sure the full message from PL sank in properly.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Interesting from Dozzell... on 12:29 - Apr 5 with 3887 viewsHerbivore

I read that as Dozzer thinking he's getting mixed messages. I can see him being off in the summer. I'm not sure League 1 is for him, if we could get a decent fee it might not be the worst thing all round for him to move on.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Interesting from Dozzell... on 12:31 - Apr 5 with 3872 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Interesting from Dozzell... on 12:29 - Apr 5 by Herbivore

I read that as Dozzer thinking he's getting mixed messages. I can see him being off in the summer. I'm not sure League 1 is for him, if we could get a decent fee it might not be the worst thing all round for him to move on.

L1 was a good learning curve for Dele Alli, I'm not sure I buy in to the idea that Dozzell cant play in L1.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Interesting from Dozzell... on 12:34 - Apr 5 with 3857 viewsJ2BLUE

Interesting from Dozzell... on 12:31 - Apr 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

L1 was a good learning curve for Dele Alli, I'm not sure I buy in to the idea that Dozzell cant play in L1.

Agree. At this level we can't afford any luxury players. Perhaps in league one we might be able to use players like Dozzell a bit more.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Interesting from Dozzell... on 12:41 - Apr 5 with 3812 viewsBiGDonnie

Why is league one not for him?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Interesting from Dozzell... on 12:50 - Apr 5 with 3762 viewsitfcjoe

Much more time on the ball in League 1 and his lack of physicality (in that I mean, pace and sharpness just as much as strength) won't get shown up as it often can in this league.

If he can play regularly in League 1 it will be the making of him, as just don't see where else he is going to go and play senior football. Realistically a spell on the continent would suit him in something like the Dutch league but no midtable Eredivisie club would be willing and able to pay what we want for him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Interesting from Dozzell... on 12:55 - Apr 5 with 3725 viewsDarth_Koont

He should take a leaf out of Skuse's book. Similar to Dozzell, he's no powerhouse nor is blessed with pace but he's pretty good at reading the game, timing his challenges and not getting pushed off the ball.

That's playing with your brain and not just relying on skill on the ball.

Pronouns: He/Him

Interesting from Dozzell... on 13:10 - Apr 5 with 3644 viewslinhdi

Interesting from Dozzell... on 12:31 - Apr 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

Good point re Dele. He still isn't physical, in the Roy Keane sense, but he can withstand a challenge, and he's the kind of niggly sod you really want on your side. Andre could well be that kind of player.
Interesting from Dozzell... on 13:22 - Apr 5 with 3566 views26_Paz

Interesting from Dozzell... on 13:10 - Apr 5 by linhdi

Good point re Dele. He still isn't physical, in the Roy Keane sense, but he can withstand a challenge, and he's the kind of niggly sod you really want on your side. Andre could well be that kind of player.

Dele has got an aggressive streak ... I've yet to see this in Doz ...

The Paz Man

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting from Dozzell... on 20:01 - Apr 5 with 2978 viewsboysof1981

He’s not exactly done much with the time he’s been given in this league, albeit very limited. Perhaps a season in L1 might do him the world of good.
Interesting from Dozzell... on 20:13 - Apr 5 with 2938 viewsSwansea_Blue

Interesting from Dozzell... on 13:22 - Apr 5 by 26_Paz

Dele has got an aggressive streak ... I've yet to see this in Doz ...

He's about 6 inches taller and 15kgs heavier as well.

Tbh, I think he'll benefit from L1. I'm far from convinced he's as good as everyone thinks he is.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Interesting from Dozzell... on 20:49 - Apr 5 with 2840 viewsHerbivore

Interesting from Dozzell... on 20:13 - Apr 5 by Swansea_Blue

Tbh, I think he'll benefit from L1. I'm far from convinced he's as good as everyone thinks he is.

He's also a different type of player, doesn't really play right in the heart of midfield and plays higher up the pitch. Not necessarily comparable to Dozzer. I think the physical side of League 1 could be a bit much for him but we'll see.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Interesting from Dozzell... on 21:37 - Apr 5 with 2724 viewsxrayspecs

Interesting from Dozzell... on 12:50 - Apr 5 by itfcjoe

Much more time on the ball in League 1 and his lack of physicality (in that I mean, pace and sharpness just as much as strength) won't get shown up as it often can in this league.

If he can play regularly in League 1 it will be the making of him, as just don't see where else he is going to go and play senior football. Realistically a spell on the continent would suit him in something like the Dutch league but no midtable Eredivisie club would be willing and able to pay what we want for him

Having watched a lot of L1 footie, I am not convinced he will get more time on the ball, if anything less, as teams make up for a lack of quality with increased physicality.

I want Dozzell jnr to be a success for us, I just hope is a late developer. Downes has passed him by.
Interesting from Dozzell... on 22:20 - Apr 5 with 2652 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I read it as PL saying Dozzell isn't clever enough to get away without improving his physicality. It appears Dozzell thinks he can improve his footballing brain instead.

The ideal is if he was to do both.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Interesting from Dozzell... on 22:23 - Apr 5 with 2638 viewshoppy

Would be awesome if he had a Dalian Atkinsonesque summer and came back with power AND skill. What a player we would have then...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Interesting from Dozzell... on 22:28 - Apr 5 with 2623 viewsitfcjoe

Interesting from Dozzell... on 21:37 - Apr 5 by xrayspecs

Having watched a lot of L1 footie, I am not convinced he will get more time on the ball, if anything less, as teams make up for a lack of quality with increased physicality.

I want Dozzell jnr to be a success for us, I just hope is a late developer. Downes has passed him by.

There’s loads of time in L1 compared to Championship - find it very noticeable when Quest goes from Chanp to L1 at just how much slower, and how much more time midfielders are given to create. L1 teams seem to drop back into shape rather than press high in midfield which should suit Dozzer

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Interesting from Dozzell... on 11:04 - Apr 6 with 2299 viewsmrshallisfit

Interesting from Dozzell... on 20:13 - Apr 5 by Swansea_Blue

Same here.
Interesting from Dozzell... on 11:13 - Apr 6 with 2265 viewsbournemouthblue

Dozzell has the pedigree and the technical skills for sure, it's the dirty side of the game which he needs to develop

Personally I'd get him on the weights a bit and toughen him up. He is never going to be a tough tackling midfield boss but he can certainly become more combative and able to pull his weight defensively.

Otherwise he'll end up being like Kevin Bru who had plenty of talent but never quite fulfilled it rather than a Premiership quality player for a decent length of time

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024