Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Massive statement today.....this club is on the up 17:30 - Apr 5 with 4515 viewsgtsb

The Judge signing speaks volumes for me. I'm not talking about us spending huge fortunes but the player himself will have had other options with that there must be no doubt. This is just my opinion but the player himself must look at the young players, know a couple of established players will join and know we have an excellent chance of bouncing back. He must also see how committed to the cause Lambert is. For some reason Lambert loves this club. Last but not least the support has been fantastic, as Lambert has said many times. I expect a few will shout me down but I don't care. We are definitely on the up so enjoy the ride.
Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 17:37 - Apr 5 with 4471 viewsKeaneish

It's a strange paradox we find ourselves in and it's largely due to that Lambert effect. Going down and losing millions in TV revenue which we'll likely need to cover with some player sales yet the outlook is positive from most quarters whereas it was the complete opposite one season ago.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 17:46 - Apr 5 with 4429 viewsBlueBadger

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 17:37 - Apr 5 by Keaneish

It's a strange paradox we find ourselves in and it's largely due to that Lambert effect. Going down and losing millions in TV revenue which we'll likely need to cover with some player sales yet the outlook is positive from most quarters whereas it was the complete opposite one season ago.

In all fairness, this time last year we were being linked with the likes of Ross, Famous Frank and the-then promising Hurst, there was plenty of optimism floating around.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 17:47 - Apr 5 with 4438 viewsOldsmoker

At his age he's looking at the big picture.
He said he wants to move his family here and settle.
Brentford in west London is brick, concrete and tarmac everywhere you turn.
Suffolk with its cheaper house prices and big sky landscapes wins hands down if you're bringing up a family.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 17:49 - Apr 5 with 4415 viewsgtsb

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 17:47 - Apr 5 by Oldsmoker

At his age he's looking at the big picture.
He said he wants to move his family here and settle.
Brentford in west London is brick, concrete and tarmac everywhere you turn.
Suffolk with its cheaper house prices and big sky landscapes wins hands down if you're bringing up a family.

True....but I bet he could have got bigger wages elsewhere and moved here in three years time in a bigger house
[Post edited 5 Apr 2019 17:50]
Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 17:52 - Apr 5 with 4372 viewsSpruceMoose

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 17:49 - Apr 5 by gtsb

True....but I bet he could have got bigger wages elsewhere and moved here in three years time in a bigger house

I'd be interested to know if he actually had any other offers.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 18:22 - Apr 5 with 4289 viewsJ2BLUE

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 17:52 - Apr 5 by SpruceMoose

I'd be interested to know if he actually had any other offers.

Probably not right now but he would have done in the summer.

I wonder what wage he is on. With clauses in contracts for other players and him being in the position of negotiating a new deal it would be interesting to know.

I guess we're losing Knudsen, Adeyemi etc so that helps as well.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 18:28 - Apr 5 with 4259 viewsOldsmoker

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 17:49 - Apr 5 by gtsb

That's a fair point. He is a current International.
Would he want to join Town in 3 years time when they're a mid-table conference team and gone semi-professional?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 18:42 - Apr 5 with 4206 viewsHerbivore

It's some kind of collective delusion.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 18:44 - Apr 5 with 4188 viewsgtsb

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 18:42 - Apr 5 by Herbivore

So what happens next season season in your opinion. I'm really optimistic.
Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 18:46 - Apr 5 with 4187 viewsPecker

Strange as it is and as painful as it is, probably in the long run, going down may be the start of something. We must come straight back up for this to happen.
Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 19:00 - Apr 5 with 4120 viewsHerbivore

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 18:44 - Apr 5 by gtsb

So what happens next season season in your opinion. I'm really optimistic.

I have no idea to be honest. There's a lot of blind faith going on but that's fine, it's football and we need to give ourselves something to be positive about because God knows this season has been abject.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 19:09 - Apr 5 with 4071 viewsgtsb

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 19:00 - Apr 5 by Herbivore

I have no idea to be honest. There's a lot of blind faith going on but that's fine, it's football and we need to give ourselves something to be positive about because God knows this season has been abject.

That's a fair comment. After all these years I'm trying to cling on to some positivity but actually think we really are on the up. Time will tell.
Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 19:16 - Apr 5 with 4043 viewsgainsboroughblue

It's great news. Like mentioned, it gives some reassurance over the future of Lambert too really as I suspect it wasn't a decision he would have taken lightly. I'm pretty sure a Champ club or two would have come knocking, even if they were mid to lower league table clubs.

I just pray that he keeps fit. I've followed Town for nearly 40 years and have known us to have hideous luck, injury wise, when it comes to players getting knackered before the ink has dried!

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 20:21 - Apr 5 with 3859 viewsJohnny_Boy

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 18:42 - Apr 5 by Herbivore

We had 6 years of that.
Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 20:36 - Apr 5 with 3776 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's very weird. People seem happier the crappier we get. An odd season.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 20:41 - Apr 5 with 3764 viewsgtsb

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 20:36 - Apr 5 by Swansea_Blue

It's very weird. People seem happier the crappier we get. An odd season.

Not at all. Some have seen we have (hopefully) bottomed out and the only way is up.
Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 21:19 - Apr 5 with 3653 viewsOxford_Blue

Too little too late
Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 21:23 - Apr 5 with 3643 viewsMrTown

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 18:22 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

Probably not right now but he would have done in the summer.

I wonder what wage he is on. With clauses in contracts for other players and him being in the position of negotiating a new deal it would be interesting to know.

I guess we're losing Knudsen, Adeyemi etc so that helps as well.

Add Ward/Spence and Gerken to that as well.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 21:45 - Apr 5 with 3570 viewsTractorWood

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 20:41 - Apr 5 by gtsb

Not at all. Some have seen we have (hopefully) bottomed out and the only way is up.

We've won 2 in 25. I think people are confusing closure on relegation with optimism.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

hmpf on 22:05 - Apr 5 with 3500 viewsDyland

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 21:19 - Apr 5 by Oxford_Blue

Too little too late

Getting him in January you could say was too little too late, this is different.

Keep up silly.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 22:23 - Apr 5 with 3436 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I like the fact we have tied Judge up to a longer term contract and I do think it is good. However, it should not be overlooked that with him we are still on dire form.

I would love to be really optimistic about next season but hand on heart I am nervous.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Massive statement today.....this club is on the up on 22:26 - Apr 5 with 3427 viewsericclacton

Who? Ray, imagine winning four on the bounce, i,ve forgotten what that feels like.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024