Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First presser of the season - wow! 09:33 - Aug 2 with 4874 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert not happy, Evans effectively called out.

This is going to be a rocky season if we don't get results early - everything is teetering on a knifes edge.

If you didn't watch it, go back and do so - it is very telling

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:34 - Aug 2 with 2968 viewschicoazul

Lambert must be a rich man who is perfectly happy to get fired, cos he threw Evans under the bus there.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:35 - Aug 2 with 2966 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah he's not at all happy.

Wouldn't be surprised if he snapped walks if we don't get players in.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:36 - Aug 2 with 2919 viewsportmanking

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:34 - Aug 2 by chicoazul

Lambert must be a rich man who is perfectly happy to get fired, cos he threw Evans under the bus there.

And rightly so? It's pathetic that Evans thinks we can be run like a part-time outfit as part of his corporate empire. As fans, as a town, as a county, the people of Ipswich and Suffolk deserve more. The time for action on the terraces is now.
First presser of the season - wow! on 09:37 - Aug 2 with 2895 viewsElderGrizzly

One of the biggest reveals is Lambert apparently knows nothing about any transfers or budgets. Which is rubbish of course.

You normally have to be bloody good at your job to throw your boss under the bus like that. And Lambert isn’t so far.

And the Harrison money issue? All went to BR?!
First presser of the season - wow! on 09:37 - Aug 2 with 2882 viewsskyblue23

I really do think Lambert is what we've needed for years. He's the only manager to show some genuine frustration towards the lack of money/signings and how slow things are moving.

I'm hopeful we can get a little run going to start the season and a big win against Sunderland to keep the fans off his back. This could be the season Marcus Evans ends up with protests if this all goes to pot.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:37 - Aug 2 with 2877 viewswkj

I am almost expecting a story soon about Lambert leaving town with his contract being terminated by mutual consent - Paul isn't happy, I doubt Evans is very happy after that either.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:37 - Aug 2 with 2860 viewsReuser_is_God

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:37 - Aug 2 by ElderGrizzly

One of the biggest reveals is Lambert apparently knows nothing about any transfers or budgets. Which is rubbish of course.

You normally have to be bloody good at your job to throw your boss under the bus like that. And Lambert isn’t so far.

Sell on clause & probably another installment owed to them?

Evans out

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:38 - Aug 2 with 2840 viewsBigManBlue

His goals next season all count against us too.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Login to get fewer ads

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:38 - Aug 2 with 2830 viewsReuser_is_God

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:37 - Aug 2 by wkj

I am almost expecting a story soon about Lambert leaving town with his contract being terminated by mutual consent - Paul isn't happy, I doubt Evans is very happy after that either.

Well he's just saying what everyone thinks of Evans & his transfer policy.

ME may not be happy about it but it's the truth.

Evans out

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:38 - Aug 2 with 2823 viewsitfcjoe

We obviously still owed more installments on Harrison so have cashed in on him to pay those rather than find the money ourselves - we really are trying to do this on the total cheap.

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:39 - Aug 2 with 2815 viewsportmanking

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:37 - Aug 2 by skyblue23

I really do think Lambert is what we've needed for years. He's the only manager to show some genuine frustration towards the lack of money/signings and how slow things are moving.

I'm hopeful we can get a little run going to start the season and a big win against Sunderland to keep the fans off his back. This could be the season Marcus Evans ends up with protests if this all goes to pot.

Why haven't we protested against Evans before? That's what gets me. Sheepshanks got it in the neck when we were struggling to make the top 6 in the Championship and our reclusive successor is getting off Scot-free having overseen our worst decade in history.
First presser of the season - wow! on 09:39 - Aug 2 with 2801 viewsTheSelkirk

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:37 - Aug 2 by wkj

Thought exactly the same thing ....
First presser of the season - wow! on 09:40 - Aug 2 with 2778 viewsElderGrizzly

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:37 - Aug 2 by Reuser_is_God

Sell on clause & probably another installment owed to them?

Assume an instalment as we sold for less than we paid, so no kind of sell-on.

Most transfers are spread across multiple seasons, so i’ve assumed this just paid off the outstanding balance
First presser of the season - wow! on 09:40 - Aug 2 with 2763 viewsportmantales

I understand his frustrations, especially with our defence situation however I would like him to acknowledge that we definitely have a team strong enough to compete for top 6. I imagine Judge, Huws, Norwood etc would walk into any other side in this division.

Blog: Hello Old Friend - AFC Wimbledon Home Preview

People are over complicating.... on 09:40 - Aug 2 with 2752 viewsBloots

...the Harrison point.

We just hadn't paid the full amount for him and still owed BR over half the original transfer fee.

So we sold him on to pay off our debt.

Simple.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:40 - Aug 2 with 2762 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:38 - Aug 2 by itfcjoe

We obviously still owed more installments on Harrison so have cashed in on him to pay those rather than find the money ourselves - we really are trying to do this on the total cheap.

What the hell sort of deal did we strike with Bristol Rovers to buy a player for £750,000 and to have only paid 40% of it after a year, as that's what it was if we had the transfer fee to Pompey left to pay!

Why on earth would Rovers have accepted that. Obviously they did if the figures for both deals are correct.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:41 - Aug 2 with 2752 viewsElderGrizzly

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:39 - Aug 2 by TheSelkirk

Thought exactly the same thing ....

Gone by October if we aren’t top 6
First presser of the season - wow! on 09:41 - Aug 2 with 2713 viewsITFC_Forever

British Rail?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:42 - Aug 2 with 2710 viewsJ2BLUE

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:38 - Aug 2 by itfcjoe

To be honest, I can't help but be impressed that every time Evans lowers the bar and you think this is it, we've hit rock bottom, he manages to limbo under it.

What a fantastic owner that we are lucky to have.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:42 - Aug 2 with 2708 viewsbilllm

Tbh all this is a major concern for future seasons, if we go back up will he loosen the purse strings even with the extra revune, I have my fears, could end up being a yo-yo league one, championship club under Evans's tenure,
First presser of the season - wow! on 09:42 - Aug 2 with 2700 viewsElderGrizzly

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:40 - Aug 2 by WarkTheWarkITFC

What the hell sort of deal did we strike with Bristol Rovers to buy a player for £750,000 and to have only paid 40% of it after a year, as that's what it was if we had the transfer fee to Pompey left to pay!

Why on earth would Rovers have accepted that. Obviously they did if the figures for both deals are correct.

That’s how most transfers work. Very rarely do you get it all up front
First presser of the season - wow! on 09:43 - Aug 2 with 2670 viewsElderGrizzly

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:41 - Aug 2 by ITFC_Forever

British Rail?

We’ll be as extinct as them soon
First presser of the season - wow! on 09:43 - Aug 2 with 2658 viewsJackSted

I love Lambert even more now

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:43 - Aug 2 with 2665 viewsGuthrum

Suspect, from what I've heard, things like that are entirely normal in modern football.

Clubs don't have the spare cash to pay transfer fees in one go, has to be installments.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

First presser of the season - wow! on 09:44 - Aug 2 with 2633 viewsitfcjoe

It's quite normal for deals to be structured like that

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024