Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley 07:18 - Sep 25 with 4624 viewshatch

Christ, puts into perspective how lucky our players are to have us as fans. Very little singing throughout and mostly shouting abuse at the players, some of which young.

At the end, one or two players came over to applaud the away fans and they all just boo’d and threw the old hand gestures at them. Half the players were too scared to even come close to the away end.

I think Stoke are just about hitting their rock bottom of the last 20 years, and it was a long away trip for them but I’ve never experienced a toxic away atmosphere like that before.
Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 08:37 - Sep 25 with 4448 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Pretty Justified imo.

For the money the players are on there and the performances they are putting in.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 08:50 - Sep 25 with 4399 viewsPrideOfTheEast

You did go to games pre-Lambert didn’t you?
Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 08:51 - Sep 25 with 4392 viewsITFC_Forever

Stokies are known for being a bunch of knuckle-draggers at the best of times.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 08:52 - Sep 25 with 4376 viewsPJH

Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 08:50 - Sep 25 by PrideOfTheEast

You did go to games pre-Lambert didn’t you?

Never happened (apparently).
Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 09:10 - Sep 25 with 4322 viewsChurchman

I thought they called themselves ‘the twelfth man’ a few years ago? An idiotic expression. I’ve always thought their supporters were ok. I remember Baltatcha’s debut and their support was great despite them getting smashed.

I think ‘good support’ goes in phases at most clubs. Even at Newcastle, where the geordies tell you they have a waiting list of decades and they’ve sold their ground out since the Norman conquest I notice their hostility to Ashley is fairly toxic
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 9:11]
Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 09:28 - Sep 25 with 4249 viewsGooders7592

Tony Pulis will return to Stoke this season in November/December.
Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 09:29 - Sep 25 with 4243 viewsartsbossbeard

Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 08:52 - Sep 25 by PJH

Never happened (apparently).

But...

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 09:30 - Sep 25 with 4240 viewspatrickswell

I don’t know the complexities of their situation, but in result terms, Nathan Jones is proving to be pure Hurst for them. If he continues to struggle, and the Cowley brothers end up bombing at Huddersfield, then the principle of the “young, hungry lower league manager coming in and revolutionising things” is going to look very bedraggled. You still have to keep results ticking over, otherwise nothing will ultimately get done.

We can only wish them well.
Login to get fewer ads

Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 09:34 - Sep 25 with 4222 viewsLKW15

these are the same fans that booed Aaron Ramsey when he was being stretchered off after daring to have his leg broken by one of their thug players
Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 09:43 - Sep 25 with 4192 viewsSteve_M

Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 09:30 - Sep 25 by patrickswell

I don’t know the complexities of their situation, but in result terms, Nathan Jones is proving to be pure Hurst for them. If he continues to struggle, and the Cowley brothers end up bombing at Huddersfield, then the principle of the “young, hungry lower league manager coming in and revolutionising things” is going to look very bedraggled. You still have to keep results ticking over, otherwise nothing will ultimately get done.

I think it's telling that Lambert's record at Stoke was similar to his at ITFC last season. Some improvement after inheriting a disastrous mess but nowhere near enough to make a difference. I wonder whether he would have had the same improvement had he stayed at Stoke for last season as he has with us in this one.

Stoke are a mess regardless of who the manager is so I suspect Jones will get another chance somewhere.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 09:44 - Sep 25 with 4181 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 09:43 - Sep 25 by Steve_M

I think it's telling that Lambert's record at Stoke was similar to his at ITFC last season. Some improvement after inheriting a disastrous mess but nowhere near enough to make a difference. I wonder whether he would have had the same improvement had he stayed at Stoke for last season as he has with us in this one.

Stoke are a mess regardless of who the manager is so I suspect Jones will get another chance somewhere.

Poor choice of manager. They should have gone for a Mick type and I'm sure they will go for an experienced head now.
Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 10:05 - Sep 25 with 4127 viewsPJH

Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 09:29 - Sep 25 by artsbossbeard

But...

You will be trying to tell us that you were at Brentford the season before last next.
Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 10:05 - Sep 25 with 4127 viewsartsbossbeard

Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 10:05 - Sep 25 by PJH

You will be trying to tell us that you were at Brentford the season before last next.

I think that people got bored of me telling them this..

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 10:15 - Sep 25 with 4089 viewshatch

Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 09:30 - Sep 25 by patrickswell

I was making the same comparison to them last night.

I said how their season will feel like ours, and like the film 127 hours. The first few weeks your arm gets trapped in the relegation zone. You then go through the agonising pain of trying to cut it off until you finally reach the europhia once you accept your arm is gone but now you can just get on with enjoying a slightly worse quality of life.
Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 10:50 - Sep 25 with 4005 viewsTractorCam

This was Accrington away. But yes luckily now things have changed for the time being.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 11:28 - Sep 25 with 3910 viewsChurchman

Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 09:43 - Sep 25 by Steve_M

The point is that the game has changed. Following a short disastrous spell at Fulham, it took several years of struggle before Bobby Robson produced a good team. He basically fought his battles and learned his trade. The modern game doesn’t really allow that. 3 months as opposed to 3 years is broadly the common way. That’s the effect of money/Pem League I suppose.

I am not saying that diddy Hurst and his lurch sidekick were anything but dreadful with the way they went about things and deserved the boot, but there are others who probably deserve a bit of time. The Cowleys, Jones maybe?
Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 13:05 - Sep 25 with 3745 viewsRyorry

Interesting thread, ta.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 14:43 - Sep 25 with 3594 viewsKitman

Tops marks for actually going to watch Crawley Town. Nearest I've got to Broadfield recently is watching my grandson play on the artificial pitches to the right of the main entrance...

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 20:30 - Sep 25 with 3287 viewstractorboy1978

There is something to be said for sticking with a side on the up, where it is going well, where the players buy into what you are doing, confidence is high and there is a positive atmosphere. Jones must be kicking himself he left Luton. Hopefully the Cowleys don't end up with the same regret.
Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 20:30 - Sep 25 with 3280 viewsSpruceMoose

Just wait until we lose a few games.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 20:41 - Sep 25 with 3243 viewsBluefish

They would probably rather be numbskulls than c***s
Did many of them shout abuse calling people paedophiles?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 06:44 - Sep 26 with 2946 viewsEly_Blue

I think the examples you have given along with our “friend” Mr Hurst and Jack Ross only go to further proove that sometimes it’s the club, situation and complete package (owner, fans etc) that have/had given these young managers their perfect storm to look like they were the next up and coming managers

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 09:31 - Sep 26 with 2791 viewsRadlett_blue

Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 09:10 - Sep 25 by Churchman

I thought they called themselves ‘the twelfth man’ a few years ago? An idiotic expression. I’ve always thought their supporters were ok. I remember Baltatcha’s debut and their support was great despite them getting smashed.

I think ‘good support’ goes in phases at most clubs. Even at Newcastle, where the geordies tell you they have a waiting list of decades and they’ve sold their ground out since the Norman conquest I notice their hostility to Ashley is fairly toxic
[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 9:11]

Newcastle United, of whom it has been said "50,000 would turn out to watch 11 monkeys in black & white stripes" averaged 16,000 for home games in 1990-91.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Was in the Stoke away end last night at Crawley on 12:50 - Sep 26 with 2708 viewshatch

This may explain the anger I witnessed amongst the Potters fans:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-away-rec
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024