Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped 16:02 - Jan 30 with 4042 viewsgeg1992

Wahhhhh
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 16:03]

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 16:07 - Jan 30 with 3368 viewsmo_itfc

I don't understand why... I see it as a real benefit.

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 16:10 - Jan 30 with 3360 viewsgeg1992

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 16:07 - Jan 30 by mo_itfc

I don't understand why... I see it as a real benefit.

I assume it boils down to environmental concerns as well as house prices, traffic etc for those who live near the proposed routes.

However, the benefits surely outweigh the negatives, as it's going to be pretty essential for the growth of the town and especially for the Port of Felixstowe, which creates so many jobs for the area.

If the Bypass isn't going ahead, they surely need to improve the A12 / A14, especially Copdock.

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 16:22 - Jan 30 with 3344 viewsLord_Lucan

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 16:10 - Jan 30 by geg1992

I assume it boils down to environmental concerns as well as house prices, traffic etc for those who live near the proposed routes.

However, the benefits surely outweigh the negatives, as it's going to be pretty essential for the growth of the town and especially for the Port of Felixstowe, which creates so many jobs for the area.

If the Bypass isn't going ahead, they surely need to improve the A12 / A14, especially Copdock.

Crazy stuff

FFS!!

The other week the bridge was shut so I went cross country to get to Eye where I would join the A140. Unfortunately there was a diversion and I ended up lost. I was driving past these big farm type houses with banners outside saying "No to the Northern Bypass" which was ironic as if there was a Northern Bypass I wouldn't (along with loads of others) have been driving past their houses.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 16:24 - Jan 30 with 3327 viewsflimflam

Should of built a tunnel instead of a bridge.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 16:25 - Jan 30 with 3329 viewsgeg1992

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 16:22 - Jan 30 by Lord_Lucan

Crazy stuff

FFS!!

The other week the bridge was shut so I went cross country to get to Eye where I would join the A140. Unfortunately there was a diversion and I ended up lost. I was driving past these big farm type houses with banners outside saying "No to the Northern Bypass" which was ironic as if there was a Northern Bypass I wouldn't (along with loads of others) have been driving past their houses.

I was in a similar situation. Got to Coddenham where there were 44ft lorries trying to get through but couldn't, causing huge tail backs with nobody able to move an inch!

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 16:26 - Jan 30 with 3321 viewsgeg1992

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 16:24 - Jan 30 by flimflam

I believe bridges are a lot cheaper and at the time, the amount of traffic we face now was not considered.

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 16:29 - Jan 30 with 3302 viewsHARRY10

if Northerners didn't eat so much lard they wouldn't need a bypass
Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 16:34 - Jan 30 with 3296 viewsPinewoodblue

Not sure I understand why a Northern bypass would require 15,000 houses to be built, over time that number of houses have to be built somewhere in Suffolk.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 16:37 - Jan 30 with 3279 viewshype313

Nimby's

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 16:44 - Jan 30 with 3252 viewsLord_Lucan

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 16:25 - Jan 30 by geg1992

I was in a similar situation. Got to Coddenham where there were 44ft lorries trying to get through but couldn't, causing huge tail backs with nobody able to move an inch!

That's where I ended up!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 16:59 - Jan 30 with 3200 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

More cars will be electric by the time it's done, less environmental impact.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 17:09 - Jan 30 with 3174 viewssoclopath

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 16:37 - Jan 30 by hype313

Nimby's

Built tunel under the Orwell and sort out Copdock interchange,,HGV's use tunnel during high winds,all traffic when there is an accident or incident on the bridge .
Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 17:40 - Jan 30 with 3107 viewsbazgammon

Crazy decision, only real option to alleviate the gridlocks in Ipswich when the bridge closes. We not only have a poor link to Norwich but Felixstowe to West of Ipswich takes an eternity when the bridge is shut. A tunnel to replace to bridge seems to only option but that will never get the go ahead due to cost.

Poll: Lambert

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 17:56 - Jan 30 with 3081 viewsDeano69

Still get crashes and broken down vehicles in tunnels...

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 18:53 - Jan 30 with 3031 viewsBlueBadger

They *should have, as well.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 18:55 - Jan 30 with 3026 viewsTrequartista

Absolutely ridiculous. The traffic will eventually pile up through the areas where the nimbys live so they've shot themselves in the foot.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 18:57 - Jan 30 with 3019 viewsTrequartista

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 16:34 - Jan 30 by Pinewoodblue

Not sure I understand why a Northern bypass would require 15,000 houses to be built, over time that number of houses have to be built somewhere in Suffolk.

Building all those houses would fill the new road with more cars, so it's like saying you can only ever build a bypass that would be useless. It's purely a mechanism to stop it happening as far as i can see.

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 19:09 - Jan 30 with 2994 viewsNthQldITFC

Is growth still a good thing? Will it ever be thus?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 19:24 - Jan 30 with 2980 viewsBackToRussia

I presume all those who want the road are happy to have a settlement the size of Felixstowe around the northern bypass route? I'm sure that'll help the traffic.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 19:25 - Jan 30 with 2964 viewsTrequartista

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 19:24 - Jan 30 by BackToRussia

I presume all those who want the road are happy to have a settlement the size of Felixstowe around the northern bypass route? I'm sure that'll help the traffic.

No we're not. It defeats the object totally.

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 19:33 - Jan 30 with 2944 viewsstonojnr

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 16:37 - Jan 30 by hype313

Nimby's

So on that point if the proposal was a three lane motor way style road through the middle of Ipswich,like the original 60s planners idea was, youd say yep all ok with me that solves the traffic problem,solves it in town centre too as there would be none of it left but as there arent many shops thesedays cant see why anyone should complain, and if you dont agree to that route arent you a Nimby too ?
Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 19:38 - Jan 30 with 2902 viewsPinewoodblue

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 18:57 - Jan 30 by Trequartista

Building all those houses would fill the new road with more cars, so it's like saying you can only ever build a bypass that would be useless. It's purely a mechanism to stop it happening as far as i can see.

The houses will be built and then, with no Northern bypass, traffic will clog up the ?Ipswich suburbs to get to A12 & A14.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 20:30 - Jan 30 with 2848 viewsBlueBadger

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 19:25 - Jan 30 by Trequartista

No we're not. It defeats the object totally.

But that's what happens with bypasses. The road gets built, then the 'infilling' land gets sold off for housing as it's in a 'prime location for commuters'.

See: every bypass, ever.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 20:43 - Jan 30 with 2829 viewsTrequartista

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 20:30 - Jan 30 by BlueBadger

But that's what happens with bypasses. The road gets built, then the 'infilling' land gets sold off for housing as it's in a 'prime location for commuters'.

The other three quarters of the bypass built 35 years ago, and incorporating a national freight route, has not been jammed by its infill. It flows freely when there are not incidents and accidents even incorporating a major freight route.

Is there anyone who thought building the bypass that currently exists was a bad idea? Can you imagine what it would be like if it hadn't have been built?

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 21:11 - Jan 30 with 2770 viewsBackToRussia

Northern Bypass Plans Recommended To Be Scrapped on 20:30 - Jan 30 by BlueBadger

It's more than that. The government won't give them the money to build the road unless the councils agree to have all those houses built.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024