Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying 12:58 - Feb 5 with 6385 viewsGlasgowBlue

If you are a male who has served in HM forces.

Isn't that gender stereotyping? And if people hold such regressive attitudes it can only stop men from speaking out for fear of being labelled weak?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:02 - Feb 5 with 2460 viewsmonytowbray

Who said this?! I need back story before I go off on one.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:05 - Feb 5 with 2443 views26_Paz

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:02 - Feb 5 by monytowbray

One of your beloveds ...

The Paz Man

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:09 - Feb 5 with 2419 viewsGlasgowBlue

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:02 - Feb 5 by monytowbray

Does it matter who said it?

Iron Lion Zion

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:17 - Feb 5 with 2358 viewsmonytowbray

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:09 - Feb 5 by GlasgowBlue

The full context of what you are posting about does matter as I can’t find the statement via Google.

TWTD never forgets…

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:18 - Feb 5 with 2359 viewsHalf_Idiot

Not at all.

We could do with a little context though? What brought this person to say such a stupid thing?
Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:18 - Feb 5 with 2359 viewsHARRY10

Scraping the barrel a bit with this one - you must be getting desperate
Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:23 - Feb 5 with 2332 viewsmonytowbray

Found it. A pretty stupid comment from here that wasn’t well thought out. Bullying in the workplace takes many forms.

But you’ve took liberties assuming it’s a gender thing there. Not to mention Parliament seems to be one massive bullying fest full stop. It’s one of the most toxic work environments I’ve ever witnessed and I’ve had some fairly grim jobs.

TWTD never forgets…

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:34 - Feb 5 with 2276 viewsGlasgowBlue

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:23 - Feb 5 by monytowbray

Found it. A pretty stupid comment from here that wasn’t well thought out. Bullying in the workplace takes many forms.

But you’ve took liberties assuming it’s a gender thing there. Not to mention Parliament seems to be one massive bullying fest full stop. It’s one of the most toxic work environments I’ve ever witnessed and I’ve had some fairly grim jobs.

Surely her comments play into the stereotype that that "hard" men cannot be bullied or vulnerable?

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:36 - Feb 5 with 2259 viewsDarth_Koont

Sigh.

Pronouns: He/Him

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:37 - Feb 5 with 2254 viewslowhouseblue

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:34 - Feb 5 by GlasgowBlue

Surely her comments play into the stereotype that that "hard" men cannot be bullied or vulnerable?

but no, but yes, but no, but

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:41 - Feb 5 with 2231 viewsgiant_stow

Pretty silly of her - as if physical bullying is the only way to intimidate or coerce.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:42 - Feb 5 with 2225 viewsHARRY10

or the use of the word 'unlikely' suggests a degree of disbelief by the person making the comment

not a claim of a definite fact

odd (or not) how it is always you right wing loons who distort things to try to defend your prejudice..................

.....................or are aware of the hypocricy of this latest bleat when set against an earlier bleat about an MP sharing a platform with other racists
Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:46 - Feb 5 with 2198 viewsSouperJim

A stupid tweet, but do you not find the timings of the allegations against Bercow at least a little convenient?

Context innit.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:47 - Feb 5 with 2177 viewsGlasgowBlue

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:46 - Feb 5 by SouperJim

A stupid tweet, but do you not find the timings of the allegations against Bercow at least a little convenient?

Context innit.

The allegations against Bercow have been doing the rounds for some time.

Iron Lion Zion

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:52 - Feb 5 with 2152 viewsSouperJim

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:47 - Feb 5 by GlasgowBlue

The allegations against Bercow have been doing the rounds for some time.

They have, but the formal complaints have only gone in since Corbyn nominated him for a peerage of course.

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:52 - Feb 5 with 2145 viewshampstead_blue

She is something else.

Just look at what you could have won!!! Your next Home Secretary......

To answer the OP, or actually Dumb Abbott's stupid tweet........Lt Gen Leakey is correct and his integrity cannot be questioned.
He would not lie.

Bercow is a disgrace. Gross Misconduct should also mean loss of pension......

Who do you believe? Dumb Abbott or Lt Gen Leakey?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:54 - Feb 5 with 2137 viewsStokieBlue

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:46 - Feb 5 by SouperJim

Context innit.

Without opining on the complaints they aren't new, Black Rod first made the accusations as far back as 2014.

Context innit.

SB

Edit: Seen your next post - those were formal submitted complaints in 2014.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2020 13:55]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:56 - Feb 5 with 2123 viewsSouperJim

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:52 - Feb 5 by hampstead_blue

She is something else.

To answer the OP, or actually Dumb Abbott's stupid tweet........Lt Gen Leakey is correct and his integrity cannot be questioned.
He would not lie.

Neither of them. Just seems laughable for the Tories to try and claim the moral high ground at this point when we all know there would never have been any formal complaints if Bercow didn't look like getting in the HoL.

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:57 - Feb 5 with 2107 viewsStokieBlue

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:56 - Feb 5 by SouperJim

Neither of them. Just seems laughable for the Tories to try and claim the moral high ground at this point when we all know there would never have been any formal complaints if Bercow didn't look like getting in the HoL.

I think you need to check your facts here.

SB
[Post edited 5 Feb 2020 13:58]

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:59 - Feb 5 with 2076 viewsSouperJim

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:57 - Feb 5 by StokieBlue

I think you need to check your facts here.

SB
[Post edited 5 Feb 2020 13:58]

I don't have a narrative chuck and am presenting the facts as I understand them, feel free to correct me as you have done - I didn't know there had been other formal complaints back in 2014 but the point still stands Would these new ones be happening if Jezza hadn't nominated him? I have my doubts.

Edit: you've now edited your post, don't really know what happened there.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2020 14:01]

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 14:00 - Feb 5 with 2062 viewsDarth_Koont

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:41 - Feb 5 by giant_stow

Pretty silly of her - as if physical bullying is the only way to intimidate or coerce.

I'm not sure a black woman who has received more abuse than anyone else needs that whitemansplained to her.

In fact, I'm guessing her definition of bullying and coercion is a lot more literal and criminal than that of Leakey who could well be talking much more figuratively. It's also about people and a place that she knows more about.

Any possible context or subtleties are missing of course which makes it a poor tweet even in terms of what people could read into it. And the implication/inference that people can't be bullied if they're A, B or C is of course entirely wrong.

Pronouns: He/Him

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 14:01 - Feb 5 with 2054 viewsHARRY10

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:52 - Feb 5 by hampstead_blue

She is something else.

He would not lie.

you get worse by the hour

one is making claims of bullying

the other is saying that those claims are unlikely if they were directed at someone who was once a General

those two positions are not one of either or
Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 14:05 - Feb 5 with 2021 viewsStokieBlue

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 13:59 - Feb 5 by SouperJim

I don't have a narrative chuck and am presenting the facts as I understand them, feel free to correct me as you have done - I didn't know there had been other formal complaints back in 2014 but the point still stands Would these new ones be happening if Jezza hadn't nominated him? I have my doubts.

Edit: you've now edited your post, don't really know what happened there.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2020 14:01]

I felt the narrative line was too strong and unfair so I removed it :).

I think you are conflating things - there wouldn't be a "need" for new complaints if he hadn't been nominated. Perhaps given the nomination people felt the need to come forward.

I don't really have an opinion on it as I've not researched it enough. I do know that formal complaints were submitted in 2014 and I listened to a piece on radio 4 this morning with Black Rod.

What does annoy me is how nearly everything on here now boils down to some form of conspiracy, be it media, political or military driven.

SB

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 14:09 - Feb 5 with 1996 viewsgiant_stow

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 14:00 - Feb 5 by Darth_Koont

I'm not sure a black woman who has received more abuse than anyone else needs that whitemansplained to her.

In fact, I'm guessing her definition of bullying and coercion is a lot more literal and criminal than that of Leakey who could well be talking much more figuratively. It's also about people and a place that she knows more about.

Any possible context or subtleties are missing of course which makes it a poor tweet even in terms of what people could read into it. And the implication/inference that people can't be bullied if they're A, B or C is of course entirely wrong.

'whitemanspaining'?!

Nope, just criticising her silly tweet for being silly - this is very simple stuff and my skin colour really is immaterial to that (edit: as is Diane's skin colour by the by).
[Post edited 5 Feb 2020 14:10]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 14:11 - Feb 5 with 1983 viewsSouperJim

Apparently you can't be the victim of bullying on 14:05 - Feb 5 by StokieBlue

I felt the narrative line was too strong and unfair so I removed it :).

I think you are conflating things - there wouldn't be a "need" for new complaints if he hadn't been nominated. Perhaps given the nomination people felt the need to come forward.

I don't really have an opinion on it as I've not researched it enough. I do know that formal complaints were submitted in 2014 and I listened to a piece on radio 4 this morning with Black Rod.

What does annoy me is how nearly everything on here now boils down to some form of conspiracy, be it media, political or military driven.

SB

Fair points, what I'm driving at is if this alleged bullying is so reprehensible, the complaints from Lisvane and Leakey should have been made at the time regardless. Not just because he's now potentially in line for a peerage. It just makes it look like a purely political move.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024