Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People getting angry about young Greta 08:12 - Mar 2 with 6542 viewsartsbossbeard

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/abuse-threats-made-greta-thunber

There's a certain demographic who get the most riled up too - kudos to the chap with the "Be Kind" message on his picture.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

People getting angry about young Greta on 08:16 - Mar 2 with 3146 viewsHerbivore

She makes people feel uncomfortable. Rather than question some of their life choices they just fly into an irrational rage at a 16 year old girl.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

People getting angry about young Greta on 08:24 - Mar 2 with 3091 viewsGlasgowBlue

She does seem to upset all the right people.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

People getting angry about young Greta on 08:28 - Mar 2 with 3090 viewsDanTheMan

People getting angry about young Greta on 08:24 - Mar 2 by GlasgowBlue

She does seem to upset all the right people.

I despair.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

People getting angry about young Greta on 08:28 - Mar 2 with 3089 viewsHARRY10

I wonder which way they voted in the referendum ?
People getting angry about young Greta on 08:34 - Mar 2 with 3072 viewsitfcjoe

I bet they have all described others as snowflakes though despite getting so upset about a young girl

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

People getting angry about young Greta on 08:40 - Mar 2 with 3046 viewsElephantintheRoom

I suppose having your day ruined because a bunch of middle class kids have joined a bandwagon or are simply bunking off school for the day might be pretty irritating.

There was a similar backlash against eco-warriors of Cambridge who think blocking a few roads and digging up a lawn will save the world last week. From first hand experience I know that was a tad irritating - and the world is still doomed despite their radical action.

There is some merit in the angst of the great unwashed because unless the greenies and smug 'look-at-me' brigade can think of a way to tackle climate change in the places where it can actually make a difference - then their actions are nothing much more than an irritating side show.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

People getting angry about young Greta on 08:46 - Mar 2 with 3023 viewsOxford_Blue

She doesn’t propose any practicable solutions.

She just re states the problems.

A bit like some people on here......
People getting angry about young Greta on 08:48 - Mar 2 with 3015 viewsHARRY10

People getting angry about young Greta on 08:40 - Mar 2 by ElephantintheRoom

I suppose having your day ruined because a bunch of middle class kids have joined a bandwagon or are simply bunking off school for the day might be pretty irritating.

There was a similar backlash against eco-warriors of Cambridge who think blocking a few roads and digging up a lawn will save the world last week. From first hand experience I know that was a tad irritating - and the world is still doomed despite their radical action.

There is some merit in the angst of the great unwashed because unless the greenies and smug 'look-at-me' brigade can think of a way to tackle climate change in the places where it can actually make a difference - then their actions are nothing much more than an irritating side show.

You been at the Mail again ?

Bit early, if you don't mind me saying

You'll be having a toot of the Express as well if you are not careful
Login to get fewer ads

People getting angry about young Greta on 09:00 - Mar 2 with 2962 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just as an aside/point of order....now that it has become the norm for the media to tie in one off weather events to climate change...then don't be surprised when the 'other side' does so too to support the opposite case....eg Melbourne had had a really crap summer and some record breaking cold to our north prompted by a particularly intense polar vortex.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

People getting angry about young Greta on 09:00 - Mar 2 with 2961 viewsEly_Blue

They didn’t exactly care too much about the environment though by the mess they left behind

https://images.app.goo.gl/JE9jjgni49K2giUC9

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-51696203

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

People getting angry about young Greta on 09:06 - Mar 2 with 2934 viewsjeera

People getting angry about young Greta on 09:00 - Mar 2 by Ely_Blue

They didn’t exactly care too much about the environment though by the mess they left behind

It was obvious someone would pounce on that.

I saw that earlier. "ruined green space".

It's a patch of grass. Chuck down some seed and it'll be back by Spring.

Edit: And it's a spot that they were offered to use. It's not as though it was hijacked.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2020 9:07]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

People getting angry about young Greta on 09:07 - Mar 2 with 2928 viewsNo9

People getting angry about young Greta on 08:46 - Mar 2 by Oxford_Blue

You are missing the point.
People getting angry about young Greta on 09:08 - Mar 2 with 2923 viewsjeera

The state of some of those.

People getting angry about young Greta on 09:09 - Mar 2 with 2921 viewsHARRY10

People getting angry about young Greta on 09:00 - Mar 2 by Ely_Blue

Grass grows back - check the flower beds, they were untouched

Then check the damage caused by the floods, or the fires in Australia

I know which ones concern me far more
People getting angry about young Greta on 09:13 - Mar 2 with 2902 viewsjeera

People getting angry about young Greta on 09:09 - Mar 2 by HARRY10

Grass grows back - check the flower beds, they were untouched

Then check the damage caused by the floods, or the fires in Australia

I know which ones concern me far more

It's unbelievable.

There's flooding over the country, poor people with their homes and belongings trashed...

And there's some complaining (for the bloody sake of finding anything they can) about a bit of grass that's worn away.

Ffs.

People getting angry about young Greta on 09:16 - Mar 2 with 2886 viewsHerbivore

Taking some time out from playing lead guitar for U2 again?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

People getting angry about young Greta on 09:17 - Mar 2 with 2880 viewsDarth_Koont

Jesus wept.

If this stupidity carries on, someone's going to make a name for themselves, aren't they?

Pronouns: He/Him

People getting angry about young Greta on 09:18 - Mar 2 with 2871 viewsjeera

Any merit in a grown man saying she should have her face smashed in?

That kind of thing?

People getting angry about young Greta on 09:27 - Mar 2 with 2838 viewsEly_Blue

People getting angry about young Greta on 09:13 - Mar 2 by jeera

It's unbelievable.

There's flooding over the country, poor people with their homes and belongings trashed...

And there's some complaining (for the bloody sake of finding anything they can) about a bit of grass that's worn away.

Ffs.

Yes there is flooding across the country, the storms and winter rains are nothing new, it’s not climate change, however it’s the man made things such as where houses are built and waterways either not being dredged, diverted etc and lo and behold it’s the cutting down of swathes of trees for said developments that also doesn’t help

I’ll leave this one with you

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

People getting angry about young Greta on 09:34 - Mar 2 with 2800 viewssparks

People getting angry about young Greta on 09:27 - Mar 2 by Ely_Blue

Yes there is flooding across the country, the storms and winter rains are nothing new, it’s not climate change, however it’s the man made things such as where houses are built and waterways either not being dredged, diverted etc and lo and behold it’s the cutting down of swathes of trees for said developments that also doesn’t help

News for you. The science is in. And it's clear.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

People getting angry about young Greta on 09:35 - Mar 2 with 2799 viewsHARRY10

People getting angry about young Greta on 09:27 - Mar 2 by Ely_Blue

and so the wettest February on record played no part ?
People getting angry about young Greta on 09:44 - Mar 2 with 2769 viewsDanTheMan

It's unbelievable.

Ffs.

I genuinely laughed when I saw the headline then saw the picture.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

People getting angry about young Greta on 09:58 - Mar 2 with 2732 viewseireblue

Can you list out and explain why each of her proposed solutions are not practicable.
People getting angry about young Greta on 10:08 - Mar 2 with 2707 viewssparks

She's neither a scientist nor a politician. She is quite rightly trying to hold feet to the fire and creating pressure on those that can offer solutions. Of course, she doesn't need to propose solutions as we know what they are. We just don't like them...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

People getting angry about young Greta on 10:14 - Mar 2 with 2682 viewsartsbossbeard

It's unbelievable.

Ffs.

And wanting to maim a teenage girl too.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024