Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal 09:14 - Jun 14 with 4238 viewsDubtractor

Even now 6 months later I'm still incredulous.

Our club is run, and managed, by clowns.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 09:26 - Jun 14 with 2392 viewsITFC_Forever

Can remember arriving courtesy of Joe at Wycombe on New Year’s Day just as someone sent me the news.

We thought it was some kind of bad joke from an attention-seeking clown who had gone to the trouble of faking a press release.
Turned out it was the other clowns you mention telling the truth.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 09:33 - Jun 14 with 2369 viewsIpswichKnight

It was nearly as bad as Micks April fools day joke on us when he picked skuglas against a Birmingham City side that hadn’t won in like a year or something equally as long and we laboured to a 1-1 draw.
Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 09:40 - Jun 14 with 2362 viewsGuthrum

I tend to think it was a very much too hasty attempt to tie down the apparent upward progress of the season's opening months, in line with Evans' desire for a long-term stability plan. Thus (possibly also under pressure from Lambert himself) they were bounced into a premature - and very generous - offer, without waiting to see whether the success could be sustained long enough to even get out of League One.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 09:46 - Jun 14 with 2321 viewsbournemouthblue

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 09:40 - Jun 14 by Guthrum

I tend to think it was a very much too hasty attempt to tie down the apparent upward progress of the season's opening months, in line with Evans' desire for a long-term stability plan. Thus (possibly also under pressure from Lambert himself) they were bounced into a premature - and very generous - offer, without waiting to see whether the success could be sustained long enough to even get out of League One.

It's weird they were prepared to give him a five year deal but then fail to bring anyone in in Janaury

Lambert clearly had targets, based on the scouting links which came in

The ex-Col U player who went to Peterborough on loan was heavilly linked

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 09:49 - Jun 14 with 2301 viewsWeWereZombies

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 09:46 - Jun 14 by bournemouthblue

It's weird they were prepared to give him a five year deal but then fail to bring anyone in in Janaury

Maybe the five year contract was needed to placate Lambert when Evans told me that no money was available for signings in January?

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 09:50 - Jun 14 with 2295 viewsJimmyJazz

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 09:33 - Jun 14 by IpswichKnight

It was nearly as bad as Micks April fools day joke on us when he picked skuglas against a Birmingham City side that hadn’t won in like a year or something equally as long and we laboured to a 1-1 draw.

Surely that was eclipsed when he picked Skuglas + Hyam at home to a hapless Rotherham? Didn't Leon Best score the winner for them that day?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 09:54 - Jun 14 with 2267 viewsfooters

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 09:46 - Jun 14 by bournemouthblue

One of those targets was Wickham on loan ffs. The bloke's lost the plot.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 09:55 - Jun 14 with 2271 viewsIpswichKnight

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 09:50 - Jun 14 by JimmyJazz

Surely that was eclipsed when he picked Skuglas + Hyam at home to a hapless Rotherham? Didn't Leon Best score the winner for them that day?

Oh that will always be worse, it was just the timing of that particular selection they hadn’t played together in ages and City were ripe for a beating and on April 1st you couldn’t help but think we were being trolled!

Guthram is right you can see the logic behind it however we should have waited until the new year to sort the contract out.
Login to get fewer ads

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 10:00 - Jun 14 with 2254 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think it was done to show the fans that Lambert was going no where in the hope they would get behind him.

I suspect it's riddled with break clauses.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 10:02 - Jun 14 with 2247 viewsBlueBadger

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 09:33 - Jun 14 by IpswichKnight

Thank god we have Better Football now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 10:07 - Jun 14 with 2224 viewsBlueBadger

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 09:54 - Jun 14 by footers

One of those targets was Wickham on loan ffs. The bloke's lost the plot.

This business with Connor Wickham.... by Bloots 12 Feb 2020 13:48
....I assume this was covered last night, but I missed it, so if we did try and get him on loan then this implies that there was some money available for reinforcements.

So why did we then not get someone in who was in our price range?

It would be like being homeless singleton who could afford a nice two bedroom flat, refusing to buy anything other than an 8 bedroom mansion, and preferring to live on the streets.

Of course the alternative is that our manager is a massive liar.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 10:09 - Jun 14 with 2213 viewsIpswichKnight

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 10:00 - Jun 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think it was done to show the fans that Lambert was going no where in the hope they would get behind him.

I suspect it's riddled with break clauses.

It is, but doesn’t sound like ME is going to trigger them anytime soon. There is definitely one that says we can terminate the contract at a greatly reduced cost if we didn’t get in the play-offs, we didn’t achieve that so ME can terminate if he wanted to. I suspect me learned friends have advised that due to the pandemic we might be on shaky ground with not completing the season.
Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 10:12 - Jun 14 with 2198 viewsLankHenners

When I saw it on Twitter I assumed someone had retweeted an old news story of him signing his original contract as a stupid joke. Then I realised it wasn’t a retweet so I genuinely thought someone with a verified account I followed had changed their name and avi to mimic the club’s account. Only a third inspection confirmed it was real.

Lambert totally pulled the wool over Evans’ eyes - from what was said you can gather that it was initially discussed after our good run at the start of the season, so Lambert used a set of good results in a short amount of time as proof he should get a long term deal. That it got dragged out and eventually announced after we hadn’t won a game in nearly 2 months made it worse.

The whole thing shows what a charlatan Lambert is (the cynical view here is that Lambert surprised himself with our good start and struck while the iron was hot, knowing he hasn’t lasted long at any of his jobs since Norwich) and what a bad decision maker Evans is.

Genuinely think any other club in the league would have sacked their manager if they had two months of results and performances like we did. Joke of a decision from a joke of a club.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 10:33 - Jun 14 with 2136 viewsBlueBadger

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 10:09 - Jun 14 by IpswichKnight

It is, but doesn’t sound like ME is going to trigger them anytime soon. There is definitely one that says we can terminate the contract at a greatly reduced cost if we didn’t get in the play-offs, we didn’t achieve that so ME can terminate if he wanted to. I suspect me learned friends have advised that due to the pandemic we might be on shaky ground with not completing the season.

I strongly suspect that's why we've pushed so hard to finish the season. So ME can have a watertight legal case for sacking Lambert. Don't forget, Lamebo was still trying to labour the angle that 'we can still do it' and sure, mathematically, we could. Trouble is, we don't play football in maths textbooks.

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 10:38 - Jun 14 with 2126 viewsRegencyBlue

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 09:40 - Jun 14 by Guthrum

Frankly I think it was to shut Lambert up.

At the time negotiations for this would have started Lambert was still popular with the fan base and had also been making noises about needing to strengthen the squad. He also aimed a few barbed comments Evans way.

Since signing the contract, not a word of criticism about Evans has passed Lamberts lips.

Funny that!
Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 10:39 - Jun 14 with 2104 viewsOldsmoker

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 10:33 - Jun 14 by BlueBadger

I strongly suspect that's why we've pushed so hard to finish the season. So ME can have a watertight legal case for sacking Lambert. Don't forget, Lamebo was still trying to labour the angle that 'we can still do it' and sure, mathematically, we could. Trouble is, we don't play football in maths textbooks.

There's always next season for Lambert to show his mettle.
(and the one after that, and the one after that, and the...........

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 11:06 - Jun 14 with 2001 viewsBlueBadger

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 10:38 - Jun 14 by RegencyBlue

Frankly I think it was to shut Lambert up.

At the time negotiations for this would have started Lambert was still popular with the fan base and had also been making noises about needing to strengthen the squad. He also aimed a few barbed comments Evans way.

Since signing the contract, not a word of criticism about Evans has passed Lamberts lips.

Funny that!

Interesting that he basically stopped whining about a lack of transfer funds in January and instead decided to spin that bizarre yarn about Conor Wickham instead.

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 11:30 - Jun 14 with 1969 viewsIpswichKnight

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 11:06 - Jun 14 by BlueBadger

Interesting that he basically stopped whining about a lack of transfer funds in January and instead decided to spin that bizarre yarn about Conor Wickham instead.

That was bizarre! I’m sure we did ask but probably as soon as we found out we’d be on the hook for most of that 42k we walked away, especially as we did have Tyler Walker lined up and that makes a load more sense!
Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 11:33 - Jun 14 with 1963 viewsWeWereZombies

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 11:06 - Jun 14 by BlueBadger

He may have realised it was a stupid story but gave in to some pressure from elsewhere to spin it, I get a bit tired of the Bluefish stance and the FOPRP but PR Paul (Hurst had to go because the PR IS better now) has some currency.

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 11:38 - Jun 14 with 1944 viewsBluefish

Why did one of the biggest and highest paid squads in the league need more players?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 11:39 - Jun 14 with 1943 viewsBluefish

impressive numbskull effort to bring mick into this

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 11:41 - Jun 14 with 1939 viewsWeWereZombies

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 11:38 - Jun 14 by Bluefish

Why did one of the biggest and highest paid squads in the league need more players?

Size of squad and salaries they are on does not necessarily equate to best squad.

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 11:42 - Jun 14 with 1938 viewsBluefish

not many weeks before he was saying he wasn't sure how secure his future was here, the slide had started by then and the performances had been poor his entire time. He should have been long gone after lincoln and that was before the contract announcement

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 11:43 - Jun 14 with 1931 viewsBluefish

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 11:41 - Jun 14 by WeWereZombies

Size of squad and salaries they are on does not necessarily equate to best squad.

so keep throwing more players at it?

He should have that squad top 2 easily, anything less is failure. 11th is beyond comprehension as failure

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 11:45 - Jun 14 with 1931 viewsBlueBadger

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal on 11:30 - Jun 14 by IpswichKnight

That was bizarre! I’m sure we did ask but probably as soon as we found out we’d be on the hook for most of that 42k we walked away, especially as we did have Tyler Walker lined up and that makes a load more sense!

Bloots makes an excellent point here. Whichever way you cut that whole incident, it's at best, a REALLY weird flex.

Still can't get my head around the fact Evans gave Lambert a 5 year deal by BlueBadger 14 Jun 2020 10:07
https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/475231/this-business-with-connor-wickham..../#0

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024