Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich not hanging around 09:06 - Jul 28 with 8556 viewsPinewoodblue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53562092

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Norwich not hanging around on 09:08 - Jul 28 with 5588 viewsCoco

thank god they didn't have to furlough staff.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

A load of Division 3 clubs have..... on 09:11 - Jul 28 with 5562 viewsBloots

....already signed players.

Most of which said they couldn't afford to complete the season.

We could afford to finish the season, yet we'll probably sign Will Keane and Danny Rowe in October.

What a club.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Norwich not hanging around on 09:17 - Jul 28 with 5516 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

They will effectively have an improved version of the Brentford model.

They have a good youth system, and the money to buy good young prospects.

They will probably recoup £50m+ this summer in fee's, in addition to their parachute payments.

They will be a force this season.

...unfortunately.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Norwich not hanging around on 09:24 - Jul 28 with 5474 viewsclive_baker

Norwich not hanging around on 09:17 - Jul 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

They will probably recoup £50m+ this summer in fee's, in addition to their parachute payments.

...unfortunately.

You would think so, even if they lost 3 or 4 players like Cantwell, Buendia, Pukki, Aarons etc. they should still have enough about them to be challenging. I hope they spoon it up for the next couple of seasons and it goes to pot.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Norwich not hanging around on 09:27 - Jul 28 with 5449 viewscatch74

Norwich not hanging around on 09:24 - Jul 28 by clive_baker

You would think so, even if they lost 3 or 4 players like Cantwell, Buendia, Pukki, Aarons etc. they should still have enough about them to be challenging. I hope they spoon it up for the next couple of seasons and it goes to pot.

Apparently Bayern Munich after Aarons - £18.3m.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Norwich not hanging around on 09:28 - Jul 28 with 5441 viewsGarv

Norwich not hanging around on 09:24 - Jul 28 by clive_baker

Is Pukki even likely to leave?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Norwich not hanging around on 09:31 - Jul 28 with 5417 viewsKieran_Knows

Norwich not hanging around on 09:17 - Jul 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

...unfortunately.

Amazing what can happen when clubs put a proper structure/scouting department in place.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Norwich not hanging around on 09:37 - Jul 28 with 5376 viewsclive_baker

Norwich not hanging around on 09:28 - Jul 28 by Garv

Is Pukki even likely to leave?

Probably not, I can't see many teams lining up to take a punt on him, especially given his recent form. There might be a Leeds or something that has a go at £7m, in which case I would bite their hands off if I were Norwich.

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich not hanging around on 09:38 - Jul 28 with 5365 viewsCoco

Norwich not hanging around on 09:37 - Jul 28 by clive_baker

Probably not, I can't see many teams lining up to take a punt on him, especially given his recent form. There might be a Leeds or something that has a go at £7m, in which case I would bite their hands off if I were Norwich.

He doesn't fit the Bielsa mould.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Norwich not hanging around on 09:39 - Jul 28 with 5360 viewsEastTownBlue

Norwich not hanging around on 09:37 - Jul 28 by clive_baker

If he proved himself over the season in the Premier League he would be on his way but there will be some doubts now.

I can see him being a force again in the Championship.
Norwich not hanging around on 10:25 - Jul 28 with 5218 viewshaynes_toe1

Norwich not hanging around on 09:39 - Jul 28 by EastTownBlue

If he proved himself over the season in the Premier League he would be on his way but there will be some doubts now.

I can see him being a force again in the Championship.

I would think so, if he was to score early on in the season he'd probably go on a run again. Very good when at his best.

Anyway, I was going to say myself I have no idea how good the players they're signing are but they've signed another this morning.

The one im interested in seeing from a neutral point of view is Placheta - think he cost around 2.5m but apparently the fastest player in the polish leagues - wonder if he's any good?
Norwich not hanging around on 10:27 - Jul 28 with 5204 viewshaynes_toe1

Norwich not hanging around on 09:31 - Jul 28 by Kieran_Knows

Amazing what can happen when clubs put a proper structure/scouting department in place.

This is what I keep saying. We need the proper infrastructure in place and whilst it's harder on a League One budget it's not impossible to put the starting blocks in place. Look at the likes of Lewis and Aarons - both poached from Luton youth - they've started playing Josh Martin in recent games who I know from Football Manager was in Arsenals youth.

Obviously they're in a really lucky position having spent no money in a season where a pandemic has hit - they do in theory have real financial muscle for the first time but even then, unlike previous seasons they're still focussing on young players who are likely to increase in value and not be on ridiculous wages.
Norwich not hanging around on 10:31 - Jul 28 with 5195 viewsclive_baker

Norwich not hanging around on 10:27 - Jul 28 by haynes_toe1

This is what I keep saying. We need the proper infrastructure in place and whilst it's harder on a League One budget it's not impossible to put the starting blocks in place. Look at the likes of Lewis and Aarons - both poached from Luton youth - they've started playing Josh Martin in recent games who I know from Football Manager was in Arsenals youth.

Obviously they're in a really lucky position having spent no money in a season where a pandemic has hit - they do in theory have real financial muscle for the first time but even then, unlike previous seasons they're still focussing on young players who are likely to increase in value and not be on ridiculous wages.

Great for the owners, but I wonder what the fans think about getting promoted and barely giving themselves a chance of staying there. If the height of their ambition is to yoyo between the top 2 divisions then good luck to them, but fans must be frustrated that they didn't show enough ambition in the transfer market and as a result embarrassed themselves with one of the worst Premier League points totals ever.

Norwich not hanging around on 10:59 - Jul 28 with 5079 viewshaynes_toe1

Norwich not hanging around on 10:31 - Jul 28 by clive_baker

Great for the owners, but I wonder what the fans think about getting promoted and barely giving themselves a chance of staying there. If the height of their ambition is to yoyo between the top 2 divisions then good luck to them, but fans must be frustrated that they didn't show enough ambition in the transfer market and as a result embarrassed themselves with one of the worst Premier League points totals ever.

Yeah, I think fans are frustrated.

Their Sporting director has come out and said that it was a purposeful plan and it would give them more spending power upon another promotion. The obvious issue there is it requires them getting promoted again and the Champs is unpredictable and incredibly difficult to get out of.
Norwich not hanging around on 11:03 - Jul 28 with 5068 viewslongtimefan

Norwich not hanging around on 09:31 - Jul 28 by Kieran_Knows

They certainly get their moneys worth when they sell their good ones. Saying that though, they buy plenty of duds too: Felix Passlack, Philip Heise, Matt Jarvis, Louise Thompson, Ivo Pinto, Denis Srbeny, James Husband, Sean Reggett, Moritz Leitner, Harrison Reed, Nelson Oliver’s, Marley Watkins, Yanic Widschut. Quite a few in this years team have also done little to suggest their worth either eg. Ondrej Duda, Luka Ruppand and Josip Drmic
Norwich not hanging around on 11:14 - Jul 28 with 4988 viewshaynes_toe1

Norwich not hanging around on 11:03 - Jul 28 by longtimefan

They certainly get their moneys worth when they sell their good ones. Saying that though, they buy plenty of duds too: Felix Passlack, Philip Heise, Matt Jarvis, Louise Thompson, Ivo Pinto, Denis Srbeny, James Husband, Sean Reggett, Moritz Leitner, Harrison Reed, Nelson Oliver’s, Marley Watkins, Yanic Widschut. Quite a few in this years team have also done little to suggest their worth either eg. Ondrej Duda, Luka Ruppand and Josip Drmic

I mean, I'm not sure you can list all those as duds.

Pinto was a good player for them, as was Reed and Oliveira. But some of these have nothing to do with Webber.

Leitner was a big player in getting them promoted last season and they paid about 900k for him apparently so doubt they're too bothered!
Norwich not hanging around on 11:39 - Jul 28 with 4894 viewsrickw

I think their confidence is shattered and will struggle to start with next season.

I predict Farke will be sacked Sept/Oct

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Your encyclopedic knowledge of..... on 11:40 - Jul 28 with 4888 viewsBloots

Norwich not hanging around on 11:14 - Jul 28 by haynes_toe1

I mean, I'm not sure you can list all those as duds.

Pinto was a good player for them, as was Reed and Oliveira. But some of these have nothing to do with Webber.

Leitner was a big player in getting them promoted last season and they paid about 900k for him apparently so doubt they're too bothered!

....them knows no bounds.

"apparently" indeed.

"a neutral point of view" (n/t) on 11:41 - Jul 28 with 4880 viewsBloots

Norwich not hanging around on 10:25 - Jul 28 by haynes_toe1

I would think so, if he was to score early on in the season he'd probably go on a run again. Very good when at his best.

Anyway, I was going to say myself I have no idea how good the players they're signing are but they've signed another this morning.

The one im interested in seeing from a neutral point of view is Placheta - think he cost around 2.5m but apparently the fastest player in the polish leagues - wonder if he's any good?

Norwich not hanging around on 12:03 - Jul 28 with 4810 viewsDennyx4

I read somewhere that they lost £38m the season they went up. Some related to promotion bonuses, but certainly speculating to accumulate.

I guess if you have lost that amount the season before, it does make it harder to spend much.
Norwich not hanging around on 12:15 - Jul 28 with 4777 viewsRegencyBlue

It is a risky policy in that they need to almost guarantee promotion back from the Championship again next season.

Having said that it has proved a far more ambitious and successful policy than anything Evans has come up with. Their fans may be frustrated with what happened this season but it could be worse, they could be a very ordinary mid-table side in the third tier of English football!
Norwich not hanging around on 12:49 - Jul 28 with 4684 viewsclive_baker

Norwich not hanging around on 10:59 - Jul 28 by haynes_toe1

Yeah, I think fans are frustrated.

Their Sporting director has come out and said that it was a purposeful plan and it would give them more spending power upon another promotion. The obvious issue there is it requires them getting promoted again and the Champs is unpredictable and incredibly difficult to get out of.

Seems implausible given they've been a yoyo club for a while now. If they do bounce back up I fully expect it'll be the same story next time around with tight purse strings. Not to mention the fact that, as you rightly say, gambling on promotion is a big ask, when the opportunity was there last summer to back to manager and try and stay up. Once there I really think you need to speculate to establish yourselves there, as no doubt we'll see Leeds do over the coming weeks and I fully expect they'll fare better than Norwich have.

Still I guess the expectations within the fabric of the clubs and supporters are very different, which must play a part. Norwich are happy to be there making up the numbers, as a small club that's never had any success to speak of, whereas Leeds are historically a big club and will see it as their right to remain in the Premier League.

Norwich not hanging around on 13:24 - Jul 28 with 4564 viewscarlisleaway

Norwich not hanging around on 12:49 - Jul 28 by clive_baker

Seems implausible given they've been a yoyo club for a while now. If they do bounce back up I fully expect it'll be the same story next time around with tight purse strings. Not to mention the fact that, as you rightly say, gambling on promotion is a big ask, when the opportunity was there last summer to back to manager and try and stay up. Once there I really think you need to speculate to establish yourselves there, as no doubt we'll see Leeds do over the coming weeks and I fully expect they'll fare better than Norwich have.

Still I guess the expectations within the fabric of the clubs and supporters are very different, which must play a part. Norwich are happy to be there making up the numbers, as a small club that's never had any success to speak of, whereas Leeds are historically a big club and will see it as their right to remain in the Premier League.

Easy when you have the money
Norwich not hanging around on 13:33 - Jul 28 with 4512 viewsJ2BLUE

Norwich not hanging around on 11:39 - Jul 28 by rickw

I think their confidence is shattered and will struggle to start with next season.

I predict Farke will be sacked Sept/Oct

I don't think it has been shattered. I expect them to start fast and get promoted again but it would be wonderful if they can find a way of falling apart.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Norwich not hanging around on 13:45 - Jul 28 with 4482 viewsitfcjoe

Norwich not hanging around on 12:49 - Jul 28 by clive_baker

They don't have any money, they struggle to speculate when they go up because if they need someone to stump up even £5m the following season there isn't anyone with deep enough pockets to do so.

They obviously could have tried harder than they did, but with out a rich owner it is hard to give out the contracts required to attract people, so they just go back to what worked. Webber has got away without much criticism for the business he did do last summer, and Farke seemingly for doing a really poor job this season.

I think those expecting them to bounce back straight away may be in for a shock, teams don't lose 10 games on the bounce, scoring 1 goal in the process, and then just flip it round after relegation. There will be scars from this season, a loss of faith in the manager. They are a team that didn't recoup 1 point from a losing position all season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024