Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The photo "snub" 09:31 - Aug 28 with 8924 viewsITFC_96

What I find so incredibly bewildering and disrespectful, is that the youngsters were told to come down for what is essentially a CHARITABLE photograph for the NHS, and then told they weren't in it.

How in any way could this be "tough love" or appropriate in any way? It is alienating and rude. Just incredible.
The photo "snub" on 09:36 - Aug 28 with 5157 viewsJ2BLUE

Are we sure this isn't just because of the NHS thing?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Not sure what your point is? (n/t) on 09:37 - Aug 28 with 5136 viewsBloots

The photo "snub" on 09:36 - Aug 28 by J2BLUE

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

The photo "snub" on 09:38 - Aug 28 with 5125 viewsITFC_96

What do you mean?
Not sure what your point is? (n/t) on 09:40 - Aug 28 with 5114 viewsJ2BLUE

Not sure what your point is? (n/t) on 09:37 - Aug 28 by Bloots

The team photo looks socially distanced and spells NHS. Were they snubbed or could they just not use another 5 players?

Truly impaired.

The photo "snub" on 09:41 - Aug 28 with 5103 viewsEJP

The missing 5 would have made the S look a damn sight better...
Not sure what your point is? (n/t) on 09:42 - Aug 28 with 5088 viewsITFC_96

Not sure what your point is? (n/t) on 09:40 - Aug 28 by J2BLUE

The team photo looks socially distanced and spells NHS. Were they snubbed or could they just not use another 5 players?

But they were invited down, and it's hardly a challenge to squeeze them in. It is clearly deliberate.
Not sure what your point is? (n/t) on 09:44 - Aug 28 with 5063 viewsJ2BLUE

Not sure what your point is? (n/t) on 09:42 - Aug 28 by ITFC_96

But they were invited down, and it's hardly a challenge to squeeze them in. It is clearly deliberate.

It might be worth being 6 points off second after the first 10 games. Get rid of Lambert and give the job to Dyer.

Truly impaired.

The photo "snub" on 09:45 - Aug 28 with 5049 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

He may have ask them to come down, but they were trying to make the "NHS" sign, and they weren't needed for the sign.

Possibly we want to go strong vs Norwich tonight, which is what I certainly would do against our rivals, but that obviously means you can't play tomorrow.

People are reading too much in to this without knowing the full facts.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Login to get fewer ads

The photo "snub" on 09:46 - Aug 28 with 5031 viewsFixed_It

The photo "snub" on 09:45 - Aug 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

He may have ask them to come down, but they were trying to make the "NHS" sign, and they weren't needed for the sign.

Possibly we want to go strong vs Norwich tonight, which is what I certainly would do against our rivals, but that obviously means you can't play tomorrow.

That's totally unlike this place!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

The photo "snub" on 09:49 - Aug 28 with 5007 viewsITFC_96

The photo and the U23s game thing are independent of each other. They could have still been in the photo and play the U23s match.
The photo "snub" on 09:50 - Aug 28 with 4996 viewsurbanblue

The photo "snub" on 09:41 - Aug 28 by EJP

The missing 5 would have made the S look a damn sight better...

Most probably the players were confused and didn't know what position they were meant to be in ....
The photo "snub" on 09:52 - Aug 28 with 4982 viewsGuthrum

The photo "snub" on 09:49 - Aug 28 by ITFC_96

The photo and the U23s game thing are independent of each other. They could have still been in the photo and play the U23s match.

Maybe he was concerned that they would pick up an injury during the photoshoot?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The photo "snub" on 09:54 - Aug 28 with 4969 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

The photo "snub" on 09:49 - Aug 28 by ITFC_96

But the photo was great, what I am saying is where do add 5 more players to the NHS sign without messing up that picture, because it was a fantastically well done picture.

I also guarantee it won't be Lambert dictating who stands where in a photo, and how many people would be needed to make the sign.

People reading too much into this, without knowing too much about it.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

The photo "snub" on 10:13 - Aug 28 with 4900 viewsfactual_blue

Facts aren't important in our post-truth, dystopian, trumpian, johnsonian world.

And that's a fact.

(see also brexit)

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The photo "snub" on 11:11 - Aug 28 with 4797 viewsmarchy

The photo "snub" on 09:54 - Aug 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

But the photo was great, what I am saying is where do add 5 more players to the NHS sign without messing up that picture, because it was a fantastically well done picture.

I also guarantee it won't be Lambert dictating who stands where in a photo, and how many people would be needed to make the sign.

Be that as it may, it's completely indistinct who the players are from that distance, so there was no need for the lineup to entirely comprise the "established" squad was there? They also weren't involved in individual shots, so it's not much of a stretch to infer that this results from Lambert being a tactless tit.
The photo on 11:14 - Aug 28 with 4774 viewsTrumptonBlue

The photo "snub" on 09:54 - Aug 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

There seem to be nine coaching/backroom staff in the picture. If they had too many people to make the NHS, I'd have ditched some of them.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2020 11:29]
Not sure what your point is? (n/t) on 11:22 - Aug 28 with 4742 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Not sure what your point is? (n/t) on 09:42 - Aug 28 by ITFC_96

Phil has confirmed this isn't the case. They didn't go to Portman road for the photo. They were advised at the training ground they wouldn't be required for the photo. That's a big change.

I would still have wanted Dobs and El Mizouni in there to be honest.

This basically all comes down to how the message was delivered to them. And this we don't know. I'm not as annoyed as I was given its not as bad as it sounded with them not being dropped from Sat either.

Still As I say it doesn't seem right to leave out Dobra and El Mizouni.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

The photo "snub" on 11:22 - Aug 28 with 4733 viewspatrickswell

Hurst did something similar to Folami and Morris in 18/19. His rationale was that it was to try and keep them hungry. Lambert has the advantage in that he's known everyone for nearly two years and can make these decisions based on a lengthy period of time, whereas it did feel as though Hurst walked in and said, "You're crap. You're crap. You're really crap! I don't even know who you are, but I'll bet you're crap too" from his first day onwards.
The photo "snub" on 11:26 - Aug 28 with 4699 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Think the fallout from this is something. Looking at that photo i would have no idea who is, and isn't it, and i find it quite something that EADT have made something out of this.

Genuinely at no point did i stop to question who was in it, and i had no idea it was even our squad photo for the year. Much like new kit launches, who is, and isn't in it, really doesn't matter.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

The photo "snub" on 11:28 - Aug 28 with 4684 viewsHerbivore

The photo "snub" on 11:26 - Aug 28 by JammyDodgerrr

Think the fallout from this is something. Looking at that photo i would have no idea who is, and isn't it, and i find it quite something that EADT have made something out of this.

Genuinely at no point did i stop to question who was in it, and i had no idea it was even our squad photo for the year. Much like new kit launches, who is, and isn't in it, really doesn't matter.

Phew, glad you've sorted that for us. Stand down everyone.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The photo "snub" on 11:31 - Aug 28 with 4675 viewsJammyDodgerrr

The photo "snub" on 11:28 - Aug 28 by Herbivore

Phew, glad you've sorted that for us. Stand down everyone.

Just think it's a story out of nothing, don't you? I'm happy to be wrong, and if Lambert has genuinely done this, then he is a tool. But i just don't get it.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

The photo "snub" on 11:33 - Aug 28 with 4644 viewsTrumptonBlue

The photo "snub" on 11:31 - Aug 28 by JammyDodgerrr

Just think it's a story out of nothing, don't you? I'm happy to be wrong, and if Lambert has genuinely done this, then he is a tool. But i just don't get it.

What was more concerning was the report that the players had been told they wouldn't feature at Cambridge, but Phil has said that isn't the case.
The photo "snub" on 11:36 - Aug 28 with 4617 viewsHerbivore

The photo "snub" on 11:31 - Aug 28 by JammyDodgerrr

I think it's symptomatic of his lack of man management, especially with El Miz and Dobra who were both around the first team picture last season and who both have squad numbers for the forthcoming season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The photo "snub" on 11:38 - Aug 28 with 4601 viewsSamWhiteUK

These five get snubbed for the photo, meanwhile Norwood can't even be bothered to turn up with his boots
The photo "snub" on 11:39 - Aug 28 with 4596 viewsBloomBlue

When I look at that photo another 5 people in it would make the letters N H & S totally unbalanced as it is the S is slightly out of line (taller) with the N and the H. I think removing 5 from it made sense
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024