Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kayden Jackson 09:47 - Sep 24 with 3589 viewsThatMuhrenCross

What's the latest with him? All seems to have gone a bit quiet...

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Kayden Jackson on 09:49 - Sep 24 with 3575 viewsMetal_Hacker

There was something on here the other day , not sure if it was a tweet or something but a picture of him training and saying it was good to be back

Poll: If it were one or the other

Kayden Jackson on 09:57 - Sep 24 with 3526 viewsHerbivore

He might be back on the bench this weekend.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kayden Jackson on 09:57 - Sep 24 with 3522 viewshadleighboyblue

Kayden Jackson on 09:49 - Sep 24 by Metal_Hacker

There was something on here the other day , not sure if it was a tweet or something but a picture of him training and saying it was good to be back

The club seem very quiet about Jackson , Wolfenden and Vincent Young , considering they are all key players
Kayden Jackson on 09:58 - Sep 24 with 3514 viewsStokieBlue

Kayden Jackson on 09:57 - Sep 24 by hadleighboyblue

The club seem very quiet about Jackson , Wolfenden and Vincent Young , considering they are all key players

What should they be saying?

Perhaps a daily update to your inbox with how many push-ups they managed that day on their road to recovery?

Why is everything so conspiratorial?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Kayden Jackson on 09:59 - Sep 24 with 3513 viewsStokieBlue

Kayden Jackson on 09:57 - Sep 24 by Herbivore

He might be back on the bench this weekend.

I hope so.

I know you think he'd make a good wide forward (which he would) but the way we have started the midfield 3 have been slotting through lots of passes which I think he could get on the end of and run riot playing through the centre.

We aren't hoofing it forward so the need to a big forward is lessened.

SB

Kayden Jackson on 10:05 - Sep 24 with 3490 viewsPhilTWTD

Kayden Jackson on 09:57 - Sep 24 by hadleighboyblue

PL mentioned them all in last Friday's presser when asked, also mentioned KJ's return to training after the Bristol Rovers game, the last time he spoke to the press. I'm sure we'll hear more about their injury situations in the morning.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Kayden Jackson on 10:08 - Sep 24 with 3464 viewsChrisd

If we keep winning and continue to play well, they'll all be knocking on PL's door to get back in the side. As mentioned previously by a few on here, I can't see him playing in that central role and I think we have better natural wide players than him too.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Kayden Jackson on 10:29 - Sep 24 with 3377 viewsITFC_Forever

Kayden Jackson on 10:05 - Sep 24 by PhilTWTD

PL mentioned them all in last Friday's presser when asked, also mentioned KJ's return to training after the Bristol Rovers game, the last time he spoke to the press. I'm sure we'll hear more about their injury situations in the morning.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Kieron Dyer?

Cool.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Kayden Jackson on 10:29 - Sep 24 with 3377 viewsStokieBlue

Kayden Jackson on 10:08 - Sep 24 by Chrisd

If we keep winning and continue to play well, they'll all be knocking on PL's door to get back in the side. As mentioned previously by a few on here, I can't see him playing in that central role and I think we have better natural wide players than him too.

Why can't you see him playing in the central role?

I would have agreed last season but the approach this season is quite different and the types of passes being played forward would seem to suit him more that someone like Norwood.

SB

Kayden Jackson on 10:39 - Sep 24 with 3340 viewsPhilTWTD

Kayden Jackson on 10:29 - Sep 24 by ITFC_Forever

Kieron Dyer?

Cool.

Ha, meant KJ! Amended.
Kayden Jackson on 10:58 - Sep 24 with 3246 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Kayden Jackson on 10:29 - Sep 24 by StokieBlue

I would have agreed last season but the approach this season is quite different and the types of passes being played forward would seem to suit him more that someone like Norwood.

SB

He's not well suited to lone striker role. It's not that he can't do it and run into balls but it's definitely not an ideal fit.cyou want someone who can take a ball into feet as well and bring others in running off him. That isn't his game. Drinan fits it well although he's a raw talent and obviously out now. Norwood has good qualities and fits as an all-rounder albeit will need to sharpen his back to goal play but makes intelligent runs and scores goals. Hawkins very physical and can play it but lacks goals a bit.

I'd say Norwood will be first pick. Jackson and Hawkins next probably depending on opposition.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Kayden Jackson on 11:01 - Sep 24 with 3235 viewsStokieBlue

Kayden Jackson on 10:58 - Sep 24 by Terry_Nutkins

He's not well suited to lone striker role. It's not that he can't do it and run into balls but it's definitely not an ideal fit.cyou want someone who can take a ball into feet as well and bring others in running off him. That isn't his game. Drinan fits it well although he's a raw talent and obviously out now. Norwood has good qualities and fits as an all-rounder albeit will need to sharpen his back to goal play but makes intelligent runs and scores goals. Hawkins very physical and can play it but lacks goals a bit.

I'd say Norwood will be first pick. Jackson and Hawkins next probably depending on opposition.

We weren't really playing that way last week though. This just seems like something that was written last season and pasted to this season.

There were numerous through balls behind the defence that Jackson would have gotten on the end of and Norwood wasn't effective partially because we weren't playing hold-up with the main striker.

Dozzell frequently looks to bypass the fullback with passes, he doesn't look to feed into the main striker to distribute.

SB

Kayden Jackson on 11:06 - Sep 24 with 3213 viewsKeno

Kayden Jackson on 10:39 - Sep 24 by PhilTWTD

Ha, meant KJ! Amended.

Does Hoppy know about this??!!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Kayden Jackson on 12:16 - Sep 24 with 3132 viewsHerbivore

Kayden Jackson on 10:58 - Sep 24 by Terry_Nutkins

Norwood has, thus far, looked pretty hopeless as a lone striker. I don't think his all round game is much more suited to that role than Jackson's in all honesty.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kayden Jackson on 12:56 - Sep 24 with 3047 viewsChrisd

Kayden Jackson on 10:29 - Sep 24 by StokieBlue

SB

I suppose the only way to tell is giving him that opportunity. Nobody has claimed that central role as their own thus far, although I was really encouraged by Drinan until he got injured. Perhaps he'll get his chance if any transfer now looks off the table. I'll be happy to be proved wrong StokieBlue, it won't be the first time or the last!
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 13:02]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Kayden Jackson on 13:01 - Sep 24 with 3037 viewsitfcjoe

Kayden Jackson on 12:16 - Sep 24 by Herbivore

Norwood has, thus far, looked pretty hopeless as a lone striker. I don't think his all round game is much more suited to that role than Jackson's in all honesty.

Howkins had more touches than Norwood on Saturday

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Kayden Jackson on 15:19 - Sep 24 with 2867 viewsThe_Realist_09

Kayden Jackson on 13:01 - Sep 24 by itfcjoe

This doesn't surprise me, was gagging for him to come on, not for his quality but just to have the right kind of striker in the correct position who can play a bit with his back to goal.

Norwood unfortunately doesn't fit the formation at the moment as I think he lacks the back to goal play and the intelligence to bring others into play, he's a goal scorer at the end of the day.

I don't think Jackson is right for the position either which puts us in a weird situation with our goal scorers both out of the team, this is why I was half expecting one of them to be sold. I guess Jackson would have something to offer one of the wide positions with his pace, but that remains to be seen if he can get back into the team.
Kayden Jackson on 15:39 - Sep 24 with 2820 viewsITFC_Forever

Kayden Jackson on 13:01 - Sep 24 by itfcjoe

They travelled further as well.

I wish I could kick a ball as far as Hawkins controls it.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Kayden Jackson on 16:34 - Sep 24 with 2745 viewstheipswichman

Kayden Jackson on 15:19 - Sep 24 by The_Realist_09

This doesn't surprise me, was gagging for him to come on, not for his quality but just to have the right kind of striker in the correct position who can play a bit with his back to goal.

Norwood unfortunately doesn't fit the formation at the moment as I think he lacks the back to goal play and the intelligence to bring others into play, he's a goal scorer at the end of the day.

I don't think Jackson is right for the position either which puts us in a weird situation with our goal scorers both out of the team, this is why I was half expecting one of them to be sold. I guess Jackson would have something to offer one of the wide positions with his pace, but that remains to be seen if he can get back into the team.

We’re certainly playing a different brand of football this season so I wouldn’t rule out Jackson being able to do the loan striker role. Midfield and wingers are getting up to support the striker a lot so he won’t be isolated. The competition he has haven’t really played well enough to guarantee their spot so it’ll be interesting to see how Jackson does.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024