Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do not be fooled by the two wins 18:17 - Oct 31 with 5425 viewsgroovyASH

The frailties and limitations have been depressingly evident in the past two games. Crewe showed how to drill a squad to play effective possession football and outplayed us across 90 minutes.

Scambert has not learnt anything from last season; changing shape and hoping for the best doesn't cut it. Where is the coaching and improvements in the players themselves? Its not there because Scambert and his team are incompetent coaches.

Players like Judge and Sears are absolutely robbing a living this season. They are slow and predictable. What the hell players like Bennetts need to do to be given a chance over these types of performances is beyond me.

I've said it once, I will say it again; last seasons weaknesses have just carried over into this season, its only a matter of time before they are reflected in the results and league position. We will not finish in the top 6 if Scambert and his team remain in charge.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 18:22]

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 18:21 - Oct 31 with 4348 viewsBlueBadger

If we somehow get promoted despite him, the ensuing Championship season promises to be an utter car crash.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 18:23 - Oct 31 with 4311 viewsSomethingBlue

We will finish in the top six this season.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 18:24 - Oct 31 with 4319 viewsBasuco

Crewe only had three shots on target, that is very good defending, calm down, long way to go yet.
Do not be fooled by the two wins on 18:25 - Oct 31 with 4306 viewsgroovyASH

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 18:23 - Oct 31 by SomethingBlue

We will finish in the top six this season.

No chance without a big improvement in performances, which Scambert won't achieve.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 18:26 - Oct 31 with 4303 viewsgroovyASH

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 18:24 - Oct 31 by Basuco

Crewe only had three shots on target, that is very good defending, calm down, long way to go yet.

They had 7 on target- WE had the 3.

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 18:30 - Oct 31 with 4275 viewsArnieM

Yip, 7 WINS, and 1 DRAW out of our first 10 games is an absolute fluke . Being TOP of this division is an utter Fluke.

Call yourselves supporters ? Some of you will still moan even if we do get promoted. Some of you actually LOVE IT when Town lose. You are full of shyte.

We can only beat what’s in front of us. Getting points on a “ bad day “ used to be a sign of a good team. But not if it’s Ipswich Town eh !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 18:32 - Oct 31 with 4265 viewsgroovyASH

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 18:30 - Oct 31 by ArnieM

Yip, 7 WINS, and 1 DRAW out of our first 10 games is an absolute fluke . Being TOP of this division is an utter Fluke.

Call yourselves supporters ? Some of you will still moan even if we do get promoted. Some of you actually LOVE IT when Town lose. You are full of shyte.

We can only beat what’s in front of us. Getting points on a “ bad day “ used to be a sign of a good team. But not if it’s Ipswich Town eh !

Remind me where we were after 11 games last season? We went top in January at Tranmere.

We were still unbelievably cr@p enough to finish 11th.

Go on deluding yourself that all is ok, by all means.

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 18:38 - Oct 31 with 4241 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I think I’ve backed Lamberts corner on here many of times, so certainly don’t think I could be seen as bias.

But surely you can’t overlook the frailties in this team. We don’t look like a well drilled outfit, our pressing is horrendous and leaves huge spaces in the centre of the park, our passing is ponderous, our final third creativity is very poor. We are fortunate we are built on fairly solid foundations at the back, but only against the average teams, even that got found out against top 6 sides.

We will continue to be found out when we move up in class, against the Sunderland’s, Doncaster, Lincoln, Hull, Portsmouth, Peterborough, Charlton in this division.

And that will purely fall down to 2 factors, the players probably aren’t quite as good as what is made out, and 2, we don’t look a well drilled/coaches outfit at all.

Don’t get me wrong, if we get promoted, it will be because we deserved to be so. We were 2 points better off this time last year, so won’t be getting carried away yet.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 18:39]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Login to get fewer ads

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 18:48 - Oct 31 with 4193 viewsFrimleyBlue

Remind us all how weve looked playing those who will in sand around the top 6. That's the issue.

Brilliant we can beat mid and lower table sides.. some have been struggling wins too. The issue is we still do not look like a team that will get promoted. And that has to be the aim

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 19:18 - Oct 31 with 4127 viewsArnieM

Ok carry on being happy then . It’s just typical of Town fans . Are the teams below us playing really well then ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 19:31 - Oct 31 with 4092 viewsketton_itfc

I think this squad with a decent manager/coach would finish top playing good football.

Shambert seems to be neither a good manager or coach/tactician.

If we get promoted this year it will be despite not because of the charlatan.

It just annoys me so much that players like Woolf,Dozzer,Bish and Lankester have this fake leading them. Their talent deserves so much better. They’ve done well to keep us challenging.

I’d sack him now.
Do not be fooled by the two wins on 19:37 - Oct 31 with 4071 viewsSuperCoops

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 18:21 - Oct 31 by BlueBadger

If we somehow get promoted despite him, the ensuing Championship season promises to be an utter car crash.

Let's concentrate on THIS season before we start looking and/or predicting next year, yeah?
Do not be fooled by the two wins on 19:39 - Oct 31 with 4057 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

I'm not.
Do not be fooled by the two wins on 19:45 - Oct 31 with 4039 viewsMattinLondon

Is it Scambert or Shambert?
Do not be fooled by the two wins on 19:47 - Oct 31 with 4029 viewsgroovyASH

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 19:45 - Oct 31 by MattinLondon

Is it Scambert or Shambert?

Well he is scamming a living whilst being shambolic, so both work

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 19:52 - Oct 31 with 4008 viewstractorboy1978

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 18:25 - Oct 31 by groovyASH

No chance without a big improvement in performances, which Scambert won't achieve.

You could go on the Sunderland, Hull and Portsmouth forums and read almost a carbon copy of what is written on here most of the time.
Do not be fooled by the two wins on 19:58 - Oct 31 with 3980 viewsgroovyASH

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 19:52 - Oct 31 by tractorboy1978

You could go on the Sunderland, Hull and Portsmouth forums and read almost a carbon copy of what is written on here most of the time.

Of who, Sunderland and Portsmouth have been stuck in this league longer than us.

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 19:59 - Oct 31 with 3978 viewsjayessess

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 19:52 - Oct 31 by tractorboy1978

Maybe that's because all 4 clubs are badly run and regularly get out-played by club's with a fraction of their resources?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 20:01 - Oct 31 with 3963 viewsParisBlue

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 18:38 - Oct 31 by TheTrueBlue1878

I think I’ve backed Lamberts corner on here many of times, so certainly don’t think I could be seen as bias.

But surely you can’t overlook the frailties in this team. We don’t look like a well drilled outfit, our pressing is horrendous and leaves huge spaces in the centre of the park, our passing is ponderous, our final third creativity is very poor. We are fortunate we are built on fairly solid foundations at the back, but only against the average teams, even that got found out against top 6 sides.

We will continue to be found out when we move up in class, against the Sunderland’s, Doncaster, Lincoln, Hull, Portsmouth, Peterborough, Charlton in this division.

And that will purely fall down to 2 factors, the players probably aren’t quite as good as what is made out, and 2, we don’t look a well drilled/coaches outfit at all.

Don’t get me wrong, if we get promoted, it will be because we deserved to be so. We were 2 points better off this time last year, so won’t be getting carried away yet.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 18:39]

Except vs Blackpool we've not been convincing at all. We might have ultimately beaten Wigan, Rochdale, Accrington, Gillngham and Crewe but all had their chances.

Ultimately we probably have better players and the other teams have missed their opportunities. Outside the top 6-8 teams we should win most games, especially given the compressed season and our comparative squad size. But we could really do with picking up points against the better teams, hopefully starting on Tuesday.

Just the 3 league games in November but 8 in December after which we'll be almost half way through the season.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 20:09 - Oct 31 with 3924 viewstractorboy1978

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 19:59 - Oct 31 by jayessess

Maybe that's because all 4 clubs are badly run and regularly get out-played by club's with a fraction of their resources?

That's my point really. As cr@p as we are a lot of the time, the others up there aren't any better.
Do not be fooled by the two wins on 20:10 - Oct 31 with 3922 viewsbournemouthblue

Really since Donnie away but we are where we are

The big test comes on Tuesday
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 20:12]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 20:15 - Oct 31 with 3883 viewsJohnny_Boy

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 20:10 - Oct 31 by bournemouthblue

Really since Donnie away but we are where we are

The big test comes on Tuesday
[Post edited 31 Oct 2020 20:12]

Doncaster beat Lincoln today.
Do not be fooled by the two wins on 20:45 - Oct 31 with 3799 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I agree. I want Lambert (or someone else) to get us playing, winning, promoted and competing in the Championship but the last two games have been far from convincing.

Unless we can beat the likes of Sunderland and/or Hull, we are not going to compete in the Championship - we would be lambs to the slaughter.

Our problems in the last two games are playing too deep (comfortable passing inside our own half too often) and not trying enough in the attacking third (Edwards and occasionally Bishop and Sears are the only ones prepared to try things at the moment).

Of course, mitigating this is that we are missing Norwood, Jackson, Downes and KVY but we need to do a lot better than the last two games. That said, 6 points from them are very welcome. I don't think we would have got them from the same performances last season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 21:19 - Oct 31 with 3722 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 20:01 - Oct 31 by ParisBlue

Except vs Blackpool we've not been convincing at all. We might have ultimately beaten Wigan, Rochdale, Accrington, Gillngham and Crewe but all had their chances.

Ultimately we probably have better players and the other teams have missed their opportunities. Outside the top 6-8 teams we should win most games, especially given the compressed season and our comparative squad size. But we could really do with picking up points against the better teams, hopefully starting on Tuesday.

Just the 3 league games in November but 8 in December after which we'll be almost half way through the season.

Hard to disagree with that.

Our defence certainly better than our attack, but we still concede to or three really really good opportunities to the opposition a game. A clinical team will finish them off, the lesser sides tend not to.

We individually have better players than most outside the top 6. When we come against a side that has equally good players, it falls down to how well the teams are coached, we fall short time and time again.

We don’t look like a well coached outfit, our pressing is poor and not cohesion, leaves big gaps in the central areas, our attacking play is ponderous and predictable.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Do not be fooled by the two wins on 00:30 - Nov 1 with 3487 viewsradiogaga

We are a third tier team playing in a third tier division, so we are bound to have frailties and limitations.

Crewe outplayed us in the first half. Second half we slowed them down and ground it out. They had a lot of the ball but on the most part they played in front of us and didn't hurt us, we did deal with everything they threw at us. Winning when we are not at our best has to be seen for what it is too.

Long way to go, and a lot of tonight's negativity will ultimately be forgotten if we go up to Sunderland and can win.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024