Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. 17:45 - Nov 8 with 7678 viewsEnigma_Blue

Effectively assaulting a veteran on Remembrance Sunday.

[Post edited 8 Nov 2020 17:46]
Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 17:48 - Nov 8 with 3510 viewsfooters

Walking straight into a police line probably isn't the best idea.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 17:50 - Nov 8 with 3479 viewsEnigma_Blue

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 17:48 - Nov 8 by footers

Walking straight into a police line probably isn't the best idea.

So just block him from going that way. There was no need to shove him with such force.
Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 17:51 - Nov 8 with 3451 viewsJ2BLUE

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 17:50 - Nov 8 by Enigma_Blue

So just block him from going that way. There was no need to shove him with such force.

I'm sure it was an accident. Hopefully he quickly apologised once the outrage dampened a bit.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 17:52 - Nov 8 with 3452 viewsFixed_It

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 17:50 - Nov 8 by Enigma_Blue

Didn't look that forceful to me to be honest.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 17:53 - Nov 8 with 3433 viewsJ2BLUE

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 17:52 - Nov 8 by Fixed_It

Didn't look that forceful to me to be honest.

Are you suggesting he dived to try and win a penalty?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 17:54 - Nov 8 with 3452 viewsfactual_blue

I'm relieved that the police can carry out that sort of thing effectively, rather than ineffectively.

Furthermore, playing the bagpipes in a public place whilst wearing fake Scotch clothing should carry a lengthy prison sentence.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2020 17:56]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 17:55 - Nov 8 with 3425 viewsfactual_blue

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 17:53 - Nov 8 by J2BLUE

VAR supports the original decision.

No assault.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 17:59 - Nov 8 with 3393 viewsfooters

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 17:54 - Nov 8 by factual_blue

I'm relieved that the police can carry out that sort of thing effectively, rather than ineffectively.

Furthermore, playing the bagpipes in a public place whilst wearing fake Scotch clothing should carry a lengthy prison sentence.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2020 17:56]

There's nothing better than silent, solemn dignity.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 18:01 - Nov 8 with 3379 viewsTheBoyBlue

I don't understand why he walked into the police line. Although the push seemed a bit OTT.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 18:07 - Nov 8 with 3337 viewsgtsb1966

Im all for the police but this is unacceptable imho
Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 18:14 - Nov 8 with 3299 viewsjeera

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 18:01 - Nov 8 by TheBoyBlue

I don't understand why he walked into the police line. Although the push seemed a bit OTT.

I think he is so engrossed in what he was doing he lost his way a bit.

It looks as though he was carrying out a deliberate pattern and bore hard left [no pun intended].

No, I agree with the OP, for a change, and think the copper was bang out of order.

Maybe he was just taken by surprise and over-reacted, but it was an overreaction.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 20:21 - Nov 8 with 3035 viewsFixed_It

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 17:53 - Nov 8 by J2BLUE

Well - there was contact and he was entitled to go down...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 20:31 - Nov 8 with 2992 viewsBluefish

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 18:14 - Nov 8 by jeera

I think he is so engrossed in what he was doing he lost his way a bit.

It looks as though he was carrying out a deliberate pattern and bore hard left [no pun intended].

No, I agree with the OP, for a change, and think the copper was bang out of order.

Maybe he was just taken by surprise and over-reacted, but it was an overreaction.

Or he thought because he was playing the bagpipes and being slef important he could just march on through to the cenotaph

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 20:38 - Nov 8 with 2961 viewsjeera

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 20:31 - Nov 8 by Bluefish

Or he thought because he was playing the bagpipes and being slef important he could just march on through to the cenotaph

Or maybe he was engrossed and took a turn too soon.

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 20:58 - Nov 8 with 2909 viewsm14_blue

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 20:38 - Nov 8 by jeera

Why were they there and all filming?

Seems like the most likely explanation is he was desperate for attention and trying to provoke the police in to giving it to him.

I agree that the shove seems unnecessarily strong but it was hardly aggressive and we should remember that the police are increasingly spending their days dealing with self entitled idiots who stick cameras in their faces and whine about their liberties.*

* not that this was necessarily the case here but I’d be very surprised if this was just a solemn, dignified group of men wanting to pay their respects who happened to take a wrong turn into a police line.
Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 21:12 - Nov 8 with 2875 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 20:38 - Nov 8 by jeera

It looks like he deliberately turned and tried to walk through the police line to me.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 21:15 - Nov 8 with 2867 viewsjeera

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 20:58 - Nov 8 by m14_blue

Why were they there and all filming?

Seems like the most likely explanation is he was desperate for attention and trying to provoke the police in to giving it to him.

I agree that the shove seems unnecessarily strong but it was hardly aggressive and we should remember that the police are increasingly spending their days dealing with self entitled idiots who stick cameras in their faces and whine about their liberties.*

* not that this was necessarily the case here but I’d be very surprised if this was just a solemn, dignified group of men wanting to pay their respects who happened to take a wrong turn into a police line.

Yes I've just had a look online and there's a few stories linked to this.

Seems the piper was making a statement as he and others had been denied permission to get closer to the service because of Covid restrictions. Apparently some veterans were annoyed as people who had not served had been allowed (status?) but not them.

Obviously this is was on top of the numbers already being cut to a bare minimum.

So yes, I read this wrongly, although still feel blocking the path of a man, whose hands are occupied and poses no threat, would have sufficed and there was no need for the shove.

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 21:21 - Nov 8 with 2847 viewsm14_blue

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 21:15 - Nov 8 by jeera

Seems the piper was making a statement as he and others had been denied permission to get closer to the service because of Covid restrictions. Apparently some veterans were annoyed as people who had not served had been allowed (status?) but not them.

Obviously this is was on top of the numbers already being cut to a bare minimum.

So yes, I read this wrongly, although still feel blocking the path of a man, whose hands are occupied and poses no threat, would have sufficed and there was no need for the shove.

Agreed
Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 21:21 - Nov 8 with 2849 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 21:15 - Nov 8 by jeera

There's a fair chance it wasn't the first attempt of somebody trying to get through and the police had had enough.

Interesting that ALL the comments under the video (well as far as I could be bothered to look) were condemning the police, saying this officer should be fired, we should rise up against this police state etc. Someone even described it as a lefty government!

I thought it looked fishy and now I'm even more convinced.

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 21:23 - Nov 8 with 2842 viewsjeera

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 21:21 - Nov 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

There's a fair chance it wasn't the first attempt of somebody trying to get through and the police had had enough.

Interesting that ALL the comments under the video (well as far as I could be bothered to look) were condemning the police, saying this officer should be fired, we should rise up against this police state etc. Someone even described it as a lefty government!

I thought it looked fishy and now I'm even more convinced.

Dunno about fishy, from what I gather it was a handful of veterans wanting to get closer to pay their respects but were unable.

I can understand the frustrations to be fair.

But no point in my pretending to know the ins and outs.

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 22:00 - Nov 8 with 2770 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 21:23 - Nov 8 by jeera

Dunno about fishy, from what I gather it was a handful of veterans wanting to get closer to pay their respects but were unable.

I can understand the frustrations to be fair.

But no point in my pretending to know the ins and outs.

Fishy as in not all as it seems in the OP.

When you say veterans you mean ex-army people rather than OAP ex-army people? Coz that bagpipe player looks in his 30's or 40's to me.

It looks like a deliberate attempt to wind up the police to me, but as you say, we don't know the ins and outs.

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 22:06 - Nov 8 with 2740 views26_Paz

Moral of the story is if the police tell you not to go somewhere and a big line of them form to physically stop you going to said place it’s probably not worth trying to walk there anyway, regardless of whether you have bag pipes or not.

The Paz Man

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 22:09 - Nov 8 with 2744 viewsbazza

just another moron, true veterans would have more respect for the law, load of chavs in baseball caps waiting to capture it on video.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2020 22:10]
Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 22:12 - Nov 8 with 2737 viewsEastTownBlue

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 21:12 - Nov 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

It looks like he deliberately turned and tried to walk through the police line to me.

I don't know how far away that was from the Cenotaph, but the event was attended by leading politicians and the royal family. Certainly unwise to try to get behind the police line.
Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the police. on 22:32 - Nov 8 with 2674 viewsghostofescobar

Deserves everything he gets: he’s playing bagpipes, end of.

GhostOfEscobar

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024