Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No entry into the EU after Jan 1st 08:37 - Dec 10 with 2969 viewsElderGrizzly

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 08:38 - Dec 10 with 2240 viewshype313

The Brexit Benidorm massive are gonna be seething.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 08:42 - Dec 10 with 2216 viewsElderGrizzly

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 08:38 - Dec 10 by hype313

We’ll resolve the Jan 1st issue in discussions over the next few weeks, but the 90 in 180 is the big issue for anyone with a second home or taking longer holidays.

For example, arrive in Spain on 1st Jan, you must leave by 1st April and cannot return anywhere in the EU until June 1st.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 8:43]
No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 08:47 - Dec 10 with 2188 viewsfooters

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 08:42 - Dec 10 by ElderGrizzly

We’ll resolve the Jan 1st issue in discussions over the next few weeks, but the 90 in 180 is the big issue for anyone with a second home or taking longer holidays.

For example, arrive in Spain on 1st Jan, you must leave by 1st April and cannot return anywhere in the EU until June 1st.

Hang on, so you mean there will be restrictions on travel for us plucky Brits in the EU? Bastards. Not what I voted for etc.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 08:48 - Dec 10 with 2171 viewsbluelagos

But that wouldnt apply to Brits already resident in the EU would it?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 08:49 - Dec 10 with 2175 viewsStokieBlue

It's fine.

We get to keep the fish that happen to swim into a section of the sea which we solely want to use.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 08:52 - Dec 10 with 2149 viewsfooters

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 08:38 - Dec 10 by hype313

Hemsby is just as nice and far more patriotic.

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 08:57 - Dec 10 with 2130 viewsElderGrizzly

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 08:48 - Dec 10 by bluelagos

It will depend on why you are already there and the status you have in country.

Not a straight answer right now as it is constantly evolving
No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 09:09 - Dec 10 with 2083 viewsbluelagos

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 08:57 - Dec 10 by ElderGrizzly

It will depend on why you are already there and the status you have in country.

Not a straight answer right now as it is constantly evolving

Proper Dog's Brexit.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 09:45 - Dec 10 with 2013 viewsfactual_blue

Project Fear.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 09:47 - Dec 10 with 1996 viewsKeno

Pah!!

Sone of use can go where we like, when we like in the EU!!

(well covid lockdown rules permitting)

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 09:52 - Dec 10 with 1984 viewsnoggin

My Grandad didn't need a Visa to visit European beaches.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 09:53 - Dec 10 with 1979 viewsKeno

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 09:52 - Dec 10 by noggin

My Grandad didn't need a Visa to visit European beaches.

just a Panzer tank?

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 10:00 - Dec 10 with 1961 viewsfactual_blue

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 09:53 - Dec 10 by Keno

just a Panzer tank?

No. American Express.

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 10:03 - Dec 10 with 1946 viewsKeno

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 10:00 - Dec 10 by factual_blue

No. American Express.

Did his grandma have that new fancy American underwear?

you know one yank and their off

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 10:11 - Dec 10 with 1923 viewsBasuco

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 08:49 - Dec 10 by StokieBlue

It's fine.

We get to keep the fish that happen to swim into a section of the sea which we solely want to use.

SB

We won't be able to sell it to the EU, or if we do it will carry a huge tariff thus pricing it out of EU markets, but at least we can catch it all, the good news for us is that the price of fish in the UK will drop, the fishing fleets will then moan they are not getting a viable profit. Correct me if I am wrong on that one.
No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 10:15 - Dec 10 with 1901 viewsfooters

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 10:11 - Dec 10 by Basuco

We won't be able to sell it to the EU, or if we do it will carry a huge tariff thus pricing it out of EU markets, but at least we can catch it all, the good news for us is that the price of fish in the UK will drop, the fishing fleets will then moan they are not getting a viable profit. Correct me if I am wrong on that one.

A majority of what we catch is sold to Europe because us Brits are afraid of most things that aren't haddock or cod. Which is another reason Brexit is a fooking terrible idea.

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 10:15 - Dec 10 with 1900 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Lol, your average Brexit voter will be laughing into their gruel at the inconvenience of it all!
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 10:17]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 10:30 - Dec 10 with 1845 viewsPinewoodblue

You can always apply for a Visa. An American friend wanted to tour Europe from March to November last year. Crossing the Atlantic on repositioning cruises. He is a bit of a nomad he doesn’t even have a permanent home in US.

He was refused a Visa so could only spend 90 days in Schengen Zone. Spent rest of his time in Romania, UK and Ireland.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 10:32 - Dec 10 with 1828 viewsfactual_blue

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 10:15 - Dec 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

Lol, your average Brexit voter will be laughing into their gruel at the inconvenience of it all!
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 10:17]

brexiteers can only aspire to be 'average'.

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 10:33 - Dec 10 with 1820 viewsElderGrizzly

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 10:30 - Dec 10 by Pinewoodblue

You can always apply for a Visa. An American friend wanted to tour Europe from March to November last year. Crossing the Atlantic on repositioning cruises. He is a bit of a nomad he doesn’t even have a permanent home in US.

He was refused a Visa so could only spend 90 days in Schengen Zone. Spent rest of his time in Romania, UK and Ireland.

You can, but likely to be refused especially with Covid where you can't get in anyway after Jan 1st.

And of course all of this is self-inflicted. None of these restrictions were there before
[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 10:34]
No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 10:33 - Dec 10 with 1822 viewsBasuco

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 10:15 - Dec 10 by footers

A majority of what we catch is sold to Europe because us Brits are afraid of most things that aren't haddock or cod. Which is another reason Brexit is a fooking terrible idea.

I found it funny that the fisherman want a no deal brexit to prevent EU fishing fleets catching "our" fish, but the fish sellers are desperate for a deal as they know they will be unable to sell what is caught. I can see a really shAt deal being signed that screws us all with high prices for the many everyday goods we import from the EU. As well as EU markets deciding not to trade with us at the levels we currently do.
No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 10:55 - Dec 10 with 1772 viewsHARRY10

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 08:48 - Dec 10 by bluelagos

They will have to have Spanish residency by 31st Dec - at the moment there is not any agreement whether the EU will be offering reciprocal health care. If not I should imagine private health care, which would then be a necessity, for elderly Brits won't be cheap.

If you want to take up residency in Spain (EU) after 31st Dec you will need the health insurance and proof of around $2000 dollars per month income.

I would expect Spain to now tighten up on having loads of pssed kids from the UK in their resorts every summer.

The problem is most brexiteers never had, nor still do, the slightest clue what it will mean to be a third country (out of the EU). So much of the easy travel previously enjoyed will be gone. How this affects stag do's in Prague, away football matches and even skiing groups will have to be seen.

But with the pound likely to fall further, and extra costs in the way of possible visas and certainly health insurance - visiting Europe will definitely be more expensive.

And there were cretins who thought all this would be a good idea.
No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 11:09 - Dec 10 with 1722 viewsellerblue

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 10:55 - Dec 10 by HARRY10

They will have to have Spanish residency by 31st Dec - at the moment there is not any agreement whether the EU will be offering reciprocal health care. If not I should imagine private health care, which would then be a necessity, for elderly Brits won't be cheap.

If you want to take up residency in Spain (EU) after 31st Dec you will need the health insurance and proof of around $2000 dollars per month income.

I would expect Spain to now tighten up on having loads of pssed kids from the UK in their resorts every summer.

The problem is most brexiteers never had, nor still do, the slightest clue what it will mean to be a third country (out of the EU). So much of the easy travel previously enjoyed will be gone. How this affects stag do's in Prague, away football matches and even skiing groups will have to be seen.

But with the pound likely to fall further, and extra costs in the way of possible visas and certainly health insurance - visiting Europe will definitely be more expensive.

And there were cretins who thought all this would be a good idea.

I am a uk citizen living in Germany under the withdrawal agreement as long as i am registered here by 31.12.20 the arrangements we have will not change because i have lived here for over 5 years i will be entitled to a permanent residence card, if under 5 years you will get a card renewable every year as for health any agreements will be kept going that is as a pensioner my healthcare will still be paid by uk under the S1 agreement. This has been confirmed by the German parliament and we are being invited to attend the foriegners offices to fill in paperwork for residence cards

Heinsberg Blue

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 11:25 - Dec 10 with 1676 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 10:32 - Dec 10 by factual_blue

brexiteers can only aspire to be 'average'.

Because we live in a meritocracy!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

No entry into the EU after Jan 1st on 13:05 - Dec 10 with 1549 viewsWestover

In the Algarve where I now live you are supposed to stay no longer than 90 days but people stay six months over winter, I have a friend who has now got residency this year but has lived here for eleven years, the same with English cars if you keep them here for more than six months they can take possession and crush them, but I've two friends that have had British cars here for years and have not been caught yet.😂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024