Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... 01:11 - Dec 23 with 4786 viewsunstableblue

.... is just a repeat of 30 years of xenophobia that has led us to Brexit and a very weird entitled sovereignty position that damages and splinters the UK rather than improving it

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 01:15 - Dec 23 with 2327 viewspointofblue

The irony being, had it been the other way around, they would have been demanding that the borders were closed.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 03:28 - Dec 23 with 2255 viewsrapier

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 01:15 - Dec 23 by pointofblue

The irony being, had it been the other way around, they would have been demanding that the borders were closed.

Posturing, that's all it is, give us fish or we cripple Kent!
This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 07:54 - Dec 23 with 2142 viewsStokieBlue

The French have made the correct decision and one I hope we would have made of the situation was reversed.

I can't see how there is any valid debate about that.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 08:00 - Dec 23 with 2130 viewsChurchman

I think the French were entirely correct in taking quick, decisive action. Compare that to Johnson’s at best pathetic, late ‘efforts’ on just about everything.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2020 8:02]
This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 08:24 - Dec 23 with 2079 viewsSteve_M

And it's only going to get worse as the true reality of the "sunlit uplands" becomes apparent next year.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 08:28 - Dec 23 with 2072 viewsfactual_blue

I think Chris Patten correctly identified that we've got to a position where the tory party isn't really talking about our sovereignty, but English (and I say English deliberately) exceptionalism, because of this daft belief that our parliamentary democracy - and only ours - is the product of a thousand years of struggle against an over-mighty autocratic ruler.

I'll leave the rest of you to have the debate - I'm off to fetch the turkey. You can also decide if that's a euphemism.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 08:37 - Dec 23 with 2028 viewsPinewoodblue

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 08:28 - Dec 23 by factual_blue

I think Chris Patten correctly identified that we've got to a position where the tory party isn't really talking about our sovereignty, but English (and I say English deliberately) exceptionalism, because of this daft belief that our parliamentary democracy - and only ours - is the product of a thousand years of struggle against an over-mighty autocratic ruler.

I'll leave the rest of you to have the debate - I'm off to fetch the turkey. You can also decide if that's a euphemism.

You can stuff it later.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 08:43 - Dec 23 with 2002 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 01:15 - Dec 23 by pointofblue

Maybe we can close it when the French all refuse to take a vaccine!
Login to get fewer ads

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 08:50 - Dec 23 with 1970 viewsvapour_trail

It’s also very depressing how acutely stupid so many of the British public are to consume this nonsense and accept it without question.

It does explain how we are where we are as a nation.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 08:53 - Dec 23 with 1971 viewsTractorWood

Yeah agree. Diverting the blame to France or Merkel (as they tried a few weeks ago) is much easier than facing reality.

I also think the entire Gammonati were shocked to realise that an EU member can do pretty much what it wants with its borders anyway! Rendering the substance of most Brexiteers agenda pointless anyway.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:18 - Dec 23 with 1910 viewsMonkeyAlan

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 03:28 - Dec 23 by rapier

Posturing, that's all it is, give us fish or we cripple Kent!

Exactly. Macron knows what he is up to. I wouldn't bow to him and his cronies. He is a nasty piece of work. Thinks he runs the EU, typical Frenchman.
This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:23 - Dec 23 with 1894 viewsfooters

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:18 - Dec 23 by MonkeyAlan

Exactly. Macron knows what he is up to. I wouldn't bow to him and his cronies. He is a nasty piece of work. Thinks he runs the EU, typical Frenchman.

Such a poor troll account.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:27 - Dec 23 with 1870 viewsMattinLondon

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:23 - Dec 23 by footers

Personally I think trolls should all try to be funny whilst still winding people up. This chimp boy we have in here is rather poor.
This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:34 - Dec 23 with 1839 viewsfactual_blue

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 08:37 - Dec 23 by Pinewoodblue

You can stuff it later.

It's actually a stuffed turkey crown.

And I was able to get an iceberg lettuce, about which the salad-obsessed Mrs Factual was fretting.

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:37 - Dec 23 with 1828 viewsfooters

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:34 - Dec 23 by factual_blue

It's actually a stuffed turkey crown.

And I was able to get an iceberg lettuce, about which the salad-obsessed Mrs Factual was fretting.

Pre-stuffed turkey crown and iceberg lettuce? My, my. I thought you'd have more sense than that, old timer. You can't buy taste, I suppose.

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:38 - Dec 23 with 1826 viewsMonkeyAlan

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:23 - Dec 23 by footers

It doesn't make me a troll because l don't agree with your opinion. Such a weak reply, as usual mate.
This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:47 - Dec 23 with 1803 viewsfactual_blue

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:37 - Dec 23 by footers

Pre-stuffed turkey crown and iceberg lettuce? My, my. I thought you'd have more sense than that, old timer. You can't buy taste, I suppose.

I can't abide iceberg. I'm more a rucola man. Our turkey crown was lovingly stuffed by the butchers, Terry and Gerry, at Stanton. There's also a rib of beef and a gammon.

balls.

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:48 - Dec 23 with 1799 viewsfactual_blue

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:18 - Dec 23 by MonkeyAlan

Macron est un bon oeuf .

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:49 - Dec 23 with 1787 viewsfactual_blue

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:38 - Dec 23 by MonkeyAlan

It doesn't make me a troll because l don't agree with your opinion. Such a weak reply, as usual mate.

Tell me about these typical Frenchmen....

#lazyignorantstereotyping

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:50 - Dec 23 with 1785 viewsMonkeyAlan

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:48 - Dec 23 by factual_blue

Macron est un bon oeuf .

Macron is a bad egg really.
This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:53 - Dec 23 with 1763 viewsvapour_trail

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:47 - Dec 23 by factual_blue

I can't abide iceberg. I'm more a rucola man. Our turkey crown was lovingly stuffed by the butchers, Terry and Gerry, at Stanton. There's also a rib of beef and a gammon.

balls.

Your turkey crown was lovingly stuffed by two men?

I’ll have the salad please.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:54 - Dec 23 with 1750 viewslowhouseblue

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 07:54 - Dec 23 by StokieBlue

The French have made the correct decision and one I hope we would have made of the situation was reversed.

I can't see how there is any valid debate about that.

SB

though, and i ask this as a genuine question and i don't know the answer, during the crisis to date across the eu and all of the various lockdowns and restrictions, has there been any previous ban on travel by hauliers? certainly the eu commission itself think that transport staff, such as lorry drivers, should be exempt from travel restrictions and mandatory testing.

so there does seem to be some valid debate about the french action - in the eyes of the eu commission at least.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2020 9:55]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:54 - Dec 23 with 1760 viewsSeablu

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:38 - Dec 23 by MonkeyAlan

This habit of referring to people you don’t know as ‘mate’ has become quite the thing amongst the right-leaning think tankers on here.
The other one does it regularly as well.
This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:55 - Dec 23 with 1753 viewsfooters

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:53 - Dec 23 by vapour_trail

Your turkey crown was lovingly stuffed by two men?

I’ll have the salad please.

He's spit-roasting it...

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 10:04 - Dec 23 with 1714 viewsMonkeyAlan

This demonising of the French and Macron by the right wing press is..... on 09:54 - Dec 23 by Seablu

This habit of referring to people you don’t know as ‘mate’ has become quite the thing amongst the right-leaning think tankers on here.
The other one does it regularly as well.

I'm sorry if the word mate offends you, and for your information lm not a right winger. It's become a trait on here to use that term about someone if they don't agree with their opinions on here too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024