Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could Baggott become the next Inamoto 09:56 - Jan 12 with 1851 viewsBluefish

Or the next Beckham. The type of player that teams sign with more interest in selling shirts than getting into the team

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 09:57 - Jan 12 with 1498 viewsStokieBlue

Beckham?

That's rather harsh.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 10:03 - Jan 12 with 1461 viewsBluefish

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 09:57 - Jan 12 by StokieBlue

Beckham?

That's rather harsh.

SB

Real Madrid did not sign him for what he was bringing to the team. He was so far off his game back then. Milan didn't sign him for that either and same for PSG, they sign him for marketing purposes

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 10:06 - Jan 12 with 1445 viewsTieDyedIn95

I don't get the hype either.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 10:07 - Jan 12 with 1439 viewsStokieBlue

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 10:03 - Jan 12 by Bluefish

Real Madrid did not sign him for what he was bringing to the team. He was so far off his game back then. Milan didn't sign him for that either and same for PSG, they sign him for marketing purposes

That's not really true though with regards to Madrid. Sure, they got a lot of shirt sales but that's the same with any big star, however he also played regularly for Real so clearly was also purchased for what he brought to the team.

He played 116 times for Madrid. Milan and PSG you have a point but it's incredibly unfair to him to portray him as if that was his career.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 10:10 - Jan 12 with 1430 viewsBluefish

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 10:07 - Jan 12 by StokieBlue

That's not really true though with regards to Madrid. Sure, they got a lot of shirt sales but that's the same with any big star, however he also played regularly for Real so clearly was also purchased for what he brought to the team.

He played 116 times for Madrid. Milan and PSG you have a point but it's incredibly unfair to him to portray him as if that was his career.

SB

He was like a retired footballer towards the end of his time with Madrid. Fair play to him for recovering but he was more of a brand than a footballer

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 10:21 - Jan 12 with 1384 viewsmrfixit426

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 10:10 - Jan 12 by Bluefish

He was like a retired footballer towards the end of his time with Madrid. Fair play to him for recovering but he was more of a brand than a footballer

I can't believe I'm still reading narrow minded opinions like this about David Beckham. He was one of the best midfield players this country has ever produced, and much of that was down to sheer determination and hard work. He is probably the greatest crosser and striker of dead balls that we've ever seen in the Premier League, with a brilliant first touch and passing range, Add to that an incredible work ethic on and off the pitch. He changed Fabio Capello's mind after he was thrown in the Madrid reserves and eventually forced his way back in to become an integral part of a championship winning side.

His performance against Greece in 2001 was one of the best individual performances I've ever seen. He dragged England almost single handed to the World Cup in that game.

Just because he had an image, and exploited it to the fullest, people pigeon-hole him as nothing more than a shirt seller. All that does is display an ignorance of the game.
Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 10:22 - Jan 12 with 1380 viewsArnoldMoorhen

He was a lot less of a retired footballer than Gareth Bale. And went on to other top of the table European teams afterwards. His time in the USA? Yes, just like Lineker going to Japan as the marquee name to move their league forwards in public recognition and appeal.
Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 10:24 - Jan 12 with 1378 viewsBluefish

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 10:22 - Jan 12 by ArnoldMoorhen

He was a lot less of a retired footballer than Gareth Bale. And went on to other top of the table European teams afterwards. His time in the USA? Yes, just like Lineker going to Japan as the marquee name to move their league forwards in public recognition and appeal.

The move to Japan was similar but compare at what stage they did it in their careers

Login to get fewer ads

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 10:24 - Jan 12 with 1372 viewsWallingford_Boy

And you're comparing that with Baggott?

Not sure they are quite at the same stages..

But yeah, I kinda get your point, Baggott has looked good at youth level (but so does most of that U18 team) and yet the world has gone Baggott mad.

He'll join a Prem club and we'll never hear of him again.

RIP Sir Bobby

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 10:24 - Jan 12 with 1370 viewsBluefish

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 10:21 - Jan 12 by mrfixit426

I can't believe I'm still reading narrow minded opinions like this about David Beckham. He was one of the best midfield players this country has ever produced, and much of that was down to sheer determination and hard work. He is probably the greatest crosser and striker of dead balls that we've ever seen in the Premier League, with a brilliant first touch and passing range, Add to that an incredible work ethic on and off the pitch. He changed Fabio Capello's mind after he was thrown in the Madrid reserves and eventually forced his way back in to become an integral part of a championship winning side.

His performance against Greece in 2001 was one of the best individual performances I've ever seen. He dragged England almost single handed to the World Cup in that game.

Just because he had an image, and exploited it to the fullest, people pigeon-hole him as nothing more than a shirt seller. All that does is display an ignorance of the game.

Nice hair as well

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 10:26 - Jan 12 with 1367 viewsmrfixit426

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 10:24 - Jan 12 by Bluefish

The move to Japan was similar but compare at what stage they did it in their careers

They were both 32.
Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 10:30 - Jan 12 with 1348 viewsBluefish

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 10:26 - Jan 12 by mrfixit426

They were both 32.

No way!! That has blown my mind

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 10:30 - Jan 12 with 1352 viewsPinewoodblue

Adidas manufacture in Indonesia. I’m sure there would be a market for ITFC shirts with Baggott’s name on. He has a massive following in his homeland.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 10:41 - Jan 12 with 1321 viewsjayessess

Lived in Madrid for a while, knew a lot of Madridistas and this very much the opposite of their views on Beckham. Consensus was that he'd been excellent for them and that even in his last season, 2006-07, bringing him back for the run-in was huge in them winning the league that year.

I went to one game in that run, against Valencia and they struggled until he came on and he was absolutely imperious, gotta say.

I think his Milan stint might have been a bit more of a semi-retirement, but even that one I remember Milan being quite impressed with his contribution, I think?
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 10:47]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 10:45 - Jan 12 with 1303 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 10:30 - Jan 12 by Pinewoodblue

Adidas manufacture in Indonesia. I’m sure there would be a market for ITFC shirts with Baggott’s name on. He has a massive following in his homeland.

You mean that if we hold onto him we could finally get our own shirt design from Adidas rather than a template? Perhaps we could change the colour and do something jazzy with the Indonesian flag weaved in, that would hit the spot
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 10:45]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 11:03 - Jan 12 with 1229 viewshomer_123

One doesn't expect your mind to be changed but have a little read:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/may/16/david-beckham-real-madrid-

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 11:04 - Jan 12 with 1217 viewstextbackup

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 09:57 - Jan 12 by StokieBlue

Beckham?

That's rather harsh.

SB

I might be wrong, but I think Bluefish is anti beckham, because everyone loved him. went against the grain.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 11:05 - Jan 12 with 1214 viewstextbackup

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 10:06 - Jan 12 by TieDyedIn95

I don't get the hype either.

hes about 13, give the lad a chance

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 11:08 - Jan 12 with 1204 viewsBluefish

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 11:04 - Jan 12 by textbackup

I might be wrong, but I think Bluefish is anti beckham, because everyone loved him. went against the grain.

Probz why I hated Lambert too

Beckham had a phenomenal amount of talent but he didn't use it and football became a side show. Not sure that is really that far out there for an opinion. He wouldn't get a place in the top 10 footballers of our generation and he wouldn't come close to it but he had the hype.

Some of it possibly not his fault but the way he used to be rolled on to win another England cap when playing in a pub league was embarrassing

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 11:24 - Jan 12 with 1154 viewsWallingford_Boy

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 11:08 - Jan 12 by Bluefish

Beckham had a phenomenal amount of talent but he didn't use it and football became a side show. Not sure that is really that far out there for an opinion. He wouldn't get a place in the top 10 footballers of our generation and he wouldn't come close to it but he had the hype.

Some of it possibly not his fault but the way he used to be rolled on to win another England cap when playing in a pub league was embarrassing

He could hit a deadball better than anyone, but thats about it.

RIP Sir Bobby

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 11:25 - Jan 12 with 1151 viewsBluefish

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 11:24 - Jan 12 by Wallingford_Boy

He could hit a deadball better than anyone, but thats about it.

If you take away the free kick which was about his attempt in the game his Greek performance resembled an Alan Judge performance.

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 11:26 - Jan 12 with 1147 viewstextbackup

I realllllllllly think you should drop the "fans loved lambert" thing.

All I saw was supporters desperately wanting to believe in something. and the desperation possibly resulted in blind faith.

personally I just liked that we had a manager that liked us..... but then the failings appeared and it was obvious why he had to take that approach with us..... because he's clusless

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 11:27 - Jan 12 with 1141 viewsBluefish

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 11:26 - Jan 12 by textbackup

I realllllllllly think you should drop the "fans loved lambert" thing.

All I saw was supporters desperately wanting to believe in something. and the desperation possibly resulted in blind faith.

personally I just liked that we had a manager that liked us..... but then the failings appeared and it was obvious why he had to take that approach with us..... because he's clusless

Texty ❤ Shambert

Sitting in a tree........

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 11:31 - Jan 12 with 1123 viewsjayessess

He had a pretty astonishing career for someone who didn't use his talents. 8 league titles and a European Cup, 115 England caps, runner up Ballon D'Or and runner up Fifa World Player of the Year - so, for a while at least he was genuinely widely regarded one of the best ten footballers in the world.

And for all the stuff about non-football interfering with a grand talent, the general consensus at Madrid was that he worked incredibly hard but wasn't Zidane.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Could Baggott become the next Inamoto on 11:49 - Jan 12 with 1087 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Beckham may have been bought to see shirts later in his career, but at his peak was a fantastic player.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024