Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A government resigning over a the mishandling if something 16:49 - Jan 15 with 1337 viewsKeno

I bet that wouldn't happen here!!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/15/dutch-government-resigns-over-chil

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 16:53 - Jan 15 with 1313 viewsBlueBadger

Yes, but The Labour Party.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 16:59 - Jan 15 with 1295 viewsChurchman

Wow, you are right of course.

In 1982 Lord Carrington immediately resigned as FO Minister when the Falklands War broke out even though he wasn’t directly responsible. An honourable. and correct decision. He’s about the last one I remember. Major didn’t over the ERM disaster, Blair didn’t after his illegal war. He brazenly held another election and won it ffs! May didn’t resign the government when her Brexit negotiations went pear shaped and this govt should have resigned in the summer after the initial failure to deal with COVID properly. But there’s more chance of Boris becoming an astronaut than the tories doing the right thing putting their handling of COVID to the electorate
A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 17:11 - Jan 15 with 1290 viewsfactual_blue

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 16:59 - Jan 15 by Churchman

Wow, you are right of course.

In 1982 Lord Carrington immediately resigned as FO Minister when the Falklands War broke out even though he wasn’t directly responsible. An honourable. and correct decision. He’s about the last one I remember. Major didn’t over the ERM disaster, Blair didn’t after his illegal war. He brazenly held another election and won it ffs! May didn’t resign the government when her Brexit negotiations went pear shaped and this govt should have resigned in the summer after the initial failure to deal with COVID properly. But there’s more chance of Boris becoming an astronaut than the tories doing the right thing putting their handling of COVID to the electorate

It's a little bizarre reading Anthony Beevor's book on Arnhem, and to come across reference to Captain The Lord Carrington, a tank commander in the Grenadier Guards

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 17:12 - Jan 15 with 1285 viewsDanTheMan

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 16:53 - Jan 15 by BlueBadger

Yes, but The Labour Party.

If only the Netherlands had better opposition then they wouldn't have needed to resign.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 18:38 - Jan 15 with 1238 viewswkj

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 17:12 - Jan 15 by DanTheMan

If only the Netherlands had better opposition then they wouldn't have needed to resign.

Or cutting edge policies like ours...

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 18:48 - Jan 15 with 1218 viewsChurchman

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 17:11 - Jan 15 by factual_blue

It's a little bizarre reading Anthony Beevor's book on Arnhem, and to come across reference to Captain The Lord Carrington, a tank commander in the Grenadier Guards

I’d forgotten he was in the war. I seem to remember Denis Healey was in the army in WW2 as well. A generation thing, I suppose
A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 18:55 - Jan 15 with 1206 viewsKeno

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 18:48 - Jan 15 by Churchman

I’d forgotten he was in the war. I seem to remember Denis Healey was in the army in WW2 as well. A generation thing, I suppose

Healey Served with the Royal Engineers. He saw action in the North African campaign, the Allied invasion of Sicily (1943) and the Italian campaign (1943—1945) and was the military landing officer ("beach master") for the British assault brigade at Anzio in 1944.

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 19:03 - Jan 15 with 1186 viewsmonytowbray

Political point scoring!

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 19:06 - Jan 15 with 1185 viewsstonojnr

actually I thought the best part was the PM just cycled on his bike over to his meeting with the King.

and I dont expect the Dutch will now spend the next week complaining & demanding answers from the police/government about whether the distance complied to staying local or was covid safe...definitely could never happen here
A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 19:11 - Jan 15 with 1173 viewsEwan_Oozami

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 18:55 - Jan 15 by Keno

Healey Served with the Royal Engineers. He saw action in the North African campaign, the Allied invasion of Sicily (1943) and the Italian campaign (1943—1945) and was the military landing officer ("beach master") for the British assault brigade at Anzio in 1944.

Whatever your politics, in general that generation of senior politicians that fought (or served in a non-combat role) in WW2 were far more honourable and decent than this current generation - that what's make the current Speer wanabees such a pathetic shower for continually harking back to a war from which they learnt absolutely nothing...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 19:16 - Jan 15 with 1163 viewsjaykay

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 17:12 - Jan 15 by DanTheMan

yeah i mean who would use that to excuse the tory party

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 19:55 - Jan 15 with 1138 viewsfactual_blue

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 18:48 - Jan 15 by Churchman

There was, IIRC, a British soldier, an ordinary squaddie from somewhere in East Anglia, with whom Denis Healey remained friends for live.

Denis was also blessed with one of the finest minds of his generation.

Healy, Jenkins, Wilson, Crossman, Crosland and the rest had a startling amount of ability.

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 20:11 - Jan 15 with 1126 viewssyntaxerror

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 17:11 - Jan 15 by factual_blue

Thats nothing, Mark Francois single handled won Dunkirk, won the Battle of Britain and sank the Bismarck.
A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 20:16 - Jan 15 with 1114 viewsBlueBadger

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 20:11 - Jan 15 by syntaxerror

Thats nothing, Mark Francois single handled won Dunkirk, won the Battle of Britain and sank the Bismarck.

The last one was only because the fat c*nt took it below the Plimsol Line when he boarded though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 20:17 - Jan 15 with 1111 viewsKeno

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 20:11 - Jan 15 by syntaxerror

You missed off Agincourt, Trafalgar, Waterloo and Culloden while fathering Queen Elizabeth, Kate Middleton and the whole GB Olympic gold winning hockey team

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 21:17 - Jan 15 with 1074 viewsPinewoodblue

Coalition government, as they usually are in Netherlands. Four parties in the coalition and at least ten others in opposition. They were due an election on 17th March any way, this move gives the parties that form the coalition time to seek increased representation.

Can you imagine so many parties jockeying to form a coalition in the UK?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 21:26 - Jan 15 with 1059 viewsEwan_Oozami

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 21:17 - Jan 15 by Pinewoodblue

Coalition government, as they usually are in Netherlands. Four parties in the coalition and at least ten others in opposition. They were due an election on 17th March any way, this move gives the parties that form the coalition time to seek increased representation.

Can you imagine so many parties jockeying to form a coalition in the UK?

It will take a major mindset change for mainstream political parties to accept PR in general elections I'm afraid, probably a step too far for this current generation to comprehend unfortunately...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 21:40 - Jan 15 with 1050 viewsfactual_blue

And then, because of his marvellous and in-depth knowledge of British history, he was appointed Regius Professor of Modern History at Cambridge, being replaced only in 1983 by Ben Elton's uncle.

A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 00:14 - Jan 16 with 996 viewsChurchman

Actually, you are wrong about Francoise and the Bismarck. He threatened to talk to them and they decided scuttling it and an Atlantic swim was a preferable option. A real berk of a creature.
A government resigning over a the mishandling if something on 09:38 - Jan 16 with 938 viewsSwansea_Blue

There aren’t enough MPs in the Tory Party to allow the cabinet to resign each time they feck up! No 10 Clowning Street innit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024