Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Open play 4 Norwich players in the box 19:33 - Jan 20 with 3222 viewschrismakin

That's how you attack in the final third!

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 19:44 - Jan 20 with 3153 viewsSitfcB

Who cares about those cU nts ffs

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 19:53 - Jan 20 with 3078 viewshaynes_toe1

They actually look far better balanced than a couple seasons ago. Wonder if they'll keep hold of players like Buendia through January?
Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 19:56 - Jan 20 with 3051 viewsBABLUE

Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 19:44 - Jan 20 by SitfcB

10 points clear of 3rd going up again £100m on its way

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I wish we were run like they are and have been since coming up from League 1
Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 20:04 - Jan 20 with 2949 viewsnoggin

Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 19:44 - Jan 20 by SitfcB

You'd care if the tables were reversed. We should all care about the gap.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 20:30 - Jan 20 with 2765 viewsHARRY10

Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 19:53 - Jan 20 by haynes_toe1

They actually look far better balanced than a couple seasons ago. Wonder if they'll keep hold of players like Buendia through January?

Just watched, and they didn't look anything that special. What they did do, they did efficiently, and consistently

They worked hard to win the ball back, and always had a spare player to knock the ball to retain possession.

It maybe that we will have to wait until we have cleared out so many 'underperformers' in the summer before we can begin to copy what they are doing.No big signings, no big egos and I suspect no big wages either. Find, and develop the right players.

That's what Clough and Taylor did at both Derby and Forest. We did with both Mings and Moore. likewise Cresswell, Webster and back a bit Walters. Who had really heard of Bart before he came here ?

The problem is we have an owner who has a very shirt term plan. Or did, I am hoping. Not regard failure to instantky get oromoted as failing. The budgies began their 'self funding thing; not long back and have stuck with it and seen the orogress. We have to do the same.

Sign players who are going o stick with the club. Nit necessarily out of loyalty, but because they are developing - and see the club as somewhere to continue doing so.

I expected some kind of fire sale after they are booted out of the PL in the summer, But that didn't happen, and so back they are progressing the club and squad. A steady as she goes kind of thing.

Maybe Lambert 5 year contract suggests Evans has finally cottoned on to what is needed.
Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 20:36 - Jan 20 with 2722 viewsgiant_stow

Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 19:56 - Jan 20 by BABLUE

10 points clear of 3rd going up again £100m on its way

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I wish we were run like they are and have been since coming up from League 1

I reckon the championship is a bit closer than it looks. All the top 6 or 7 seem to keep on winning. With others' games on hand, it still feels like the mighty canaries are only a couple of losses away from being caught.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 20:38 - Jan 20 with 2706 viewsnoggin

Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 20:36 - Jan 20 by giant_stow

I reckon the championship is a bit closer than it looks. All the top 6 or 7 seem to keep on winning. With others' games on hand, it still feels like the mighty canaries are only a couple of losses away from being caught.

You would say that.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 20:42 - Jan 20 with 2681 viewsgiant_stow

Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 20:38 - Jan 20 by noggin

You would say that.

Who little old me?! Not I guv.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 20:53 - Jan 20 with 2604 viewsSwansea_Blue

Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 20:36 - Jan 20 by giant_stow

Nah. You're the most consistent, so are there to stay. I can't see you dropping off the pace now.

Swansea had a great run over the last months or so and will probably be there or thereabouts. Their defence is very strong but they struggle a bit for goals against the better sides. They had more than enough of the play and chances to batter you at carrow Road but couldn't find the net. They've added a couple of attack minded players though, so that may change.

Brentford are the ones coming up on the rails. They had a slow start but have been flying last couple of months or so. They're probably your rival for the title. I don't think anyone else up there has got enough to challenge for the top 2 - they're all far too inconsistent.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 21:06 - Jan 20 with 2525 viewsHARRY10

@ It is that consistency that counts. B'mouth are a busted flush who may well lose another vital player in the next week or so.

What I was struck with was how many of the bigger clubs are missing this season. WBA, Leeds, Villa and Sheff Utd and in the PL - Derby and Forest are in the shee ite and Sunderland are down with us.

The first four have been the mainstays of the promotion race over the past few years and the other three are on par with us crowd wise.

Oh, to be back up there - not playing Burton, Fleetwood, Oxford and Accrington. All of whom I suspect were non league when Evans took over.
Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 21:18 - Jan 20 with 2468 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 19:53 - Jan 20 by haynes_toe1

They are benefitting from two things on that front - the fact he didn't really prove himself at the higher level with them and the fact Covid has reduced the likelihood of clubs offering good fees. They may sell one of their better players but will make sure it is for very good money if they do. They now have plenty enough to be strong enough to win that league. The question is whether collectively they have improved enough to stay up this time around. Here is hoping not.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 21:27 - Jan 20 with 2415 viewsgiant_stow

Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 20:53 - Jan 20 by Swansea_Blue

Nah. You're the most consistent, so are there to stay. I can't see you dropping off the pace now.

Swansea had a great run over the last months or so and will probably be there or thereabouts. Their defence is very strong but they struggle a bit for goals against the better sides. They had more than enough of the play and chances to batter you at carrow Road but couldn't find the net. They've added a couple of attack minded players though, so that may change.

Brentford are the ones coming up on the rails. They had a slow start but have been flying last couple of months or so. They're probably your rival for the title. I don't think anyone else up there has got enough to challenge for the top 2 - they're all far too inconsistent.

Brentford almost seem roboticly good at the mo!

Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 21:28 - Jan 20 with 2408 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 20:30 - Jan 20 by HARRY10

Just watched, and they didn't look anything that special. What they did do, they did efficiently, and consistently

They worked hard to win the ball back, and always had a spare player to knock the ball to retain possession.

It maybe that we will have to wait until we have cleared out so many 'underperformers' in the summer before we can begin to copy what they are doing.No big signings, no big egos and I suspect no big wages either. Find, and develop the right players.

That's what Clough and Taylor did at both Derby and Forest. We did with both Mings and Moore. likewise Cresswell, Webster and back a bit Walters. Who had really heard of Bart before he came here ?

The problem is we have an owner who has a very shirt term plan. Or did, I am hoping. Not regard failure to instantky get oromoted as failing. The budgies began their 'self funding thing; not long back and have stuck with it and seen the orogress. We have to do the same.

Sign players who are going o stick with the club. Nit necessarily out of loyalty, but because they are developing - and see the club as somewhere to continue doing so.

I expected some kind of fire sale after they are booted out of the PL in the summer, But that didn't happen, and so back they are progressing the club and squad. A steady as she goes kind of thing.

Maybe Lambert 5 year contract suggests Evans has finally cottoned on to what is needed.

The wage cap is the killer here!
And
The gap in the fundings between the Championship and Div1.
Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 21:29 - Jan 20 with 2401 viewsEdmundo

Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 21:06 - Jan 20 by HARRY10

@ It is that consistency that counts. B'mouth are a busted flush who may well lose another vital player in the next week or so.

What I was struck with was how many of the bigger clubs are missing this season. WBA, Leeds, Villa and Sheff Utd and in the PL - Derby and Forest are in the shee ite and Sunderland are down with us.

The first four have been the mainstays of the promotion race over the past few years and the other three are on par with us crowd wise.

Oh, to be back up there - not playing Burton, Fleetwood, Oxford and Accrington. All of whom I suspect were non league when Evans took over.

Totally agree - I looked at the Championship this season and shook my head. If we'd gone up, with a couple of good buys (and a decent idea of a plan A and B) we'd have been top half, maybe even top 6. It's a weak division compared to recent years... as weak as back in the days when we were always top 3.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 21:37 - Jan 20 with 2357 viewsNthQldITFC

Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 21:29 - Jan 20 by Edmundo

Totally agree - I looked at the Championship this season and shook my head. If we'd gone up, with a couple of good buys (and a decent idea of a plan A and B) we'd have been top half, maybe even top 6. It's a weak division compared to recent years... as weak as back in the days when we were always top 3.

I'll have some of what you're on.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 22:04 - Jan 20 with 2257 viewsdrifter

Why does Lambert use the pseudonym Edmundo?
Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 22:08 - Jan 20 with 2230 viewsVic

Do we really need this on here? It’s hard enough seeing another win for them as headlines on tv, I really don’t want to be reminded again as soon as I look on here!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Open play 4 Norwich players in the box on 22:42 - Jan 20 with 2113 viewsBlueBadger

LOL

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024