Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. 16:25 - Jan 22 with 1834 viewstractordownsouth

What's the longest consecutive first team injury we've had? Emyr Huws didn't play a competitive game between November 2017 and August 2019, but KVY isn't far off that record having not played since October 2019, bar a couple of pre-season matches.

Luciano Civelli was out for over a year once too, if I remember correctly.

Have we had any longer than those 2?

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. on 16:26 - Jan 22 with 1816 viewsfooters

Adeyemi was out for a fair old while, or maybe it was a succession of smaller injuries that kept him out.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. on 16:28 - Jan 22 with 1792 viewsKeno

Does it count that I consider injury cruelly robbed me the chance of playing for Ipswich between 1978 & 1998?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. on 16:31 - Jan 22 with 1777 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Civelli was about 22 months or something?
Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. on 16:33 - Jan 22 with 1770 viewsgainsboroughblue

Can't think of too many more.

Ulrich Le Pen had that horrific injury on debut v Bolton which as we know, pretty much did for him here. I think he may have played in the next season for us in the UEFA before going to Strasbourg.

As a flip to this, how about miraculous injury recoveries? I'm pretty sure David Linighan missed a solitary game from a broken leg.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. on 16:34 - Jan 22 with 1762 viewshomer_123

Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. on 16:26 - Jan 22 by footers

Adeyemi was out for a fair old while, or maybe it was a succession of smaller injuries that kept him out.

It was all in his head wasn't it?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. on 16:36 - Jan 22 with 1753 viewsfooters

Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. on 16:34 - Jan 22 by homer_123

It was all in his head wasn't it?

Being injured or being a professional footballer?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. on 16:37 - Jan 22 with 1749 viewsjayessess

We've presumably had some young players retire as a result of an injury, so, presumably we're measuring the biggest gap between appearances as a result of an injury?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. on 17:06 - Jan 22 with 1683 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Adeyemi and Civelli as mentioned. How long was Le Pen contracted for since he ended his career in pretty much his first match for us didn't he?

Injury wasn't involved I don't believe but Amir Karic spent a long time contracted but never playing too didn't he?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. on 17:11 - Jan 22 with 1657 viewsPhilTWTD

Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. on 16:31 - Jan 22 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Civelli was about 22 months or something?

Didn't play a game between March 2009 and February 2011, basically missed the entire Roy Keane era.
Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. on 17:13 - Jan 22 with 1648 viewsPhilTWTD

Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. on 16:26 - Jan 22 by footers

Yes, was different injuries, hamstring which kept going in the first season and achilles the second. Retired due to unrelated medical issue, I believe.
Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. on 17:26 - Jan 22 with 1624 viewstractordownsouth

Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. on 17:11 - Jan 22 by PhilTWTD

Didn't play a game between March 2009 and February 2011, basically missed the entire Roy Keane era.

Pretty much the definition of a blessing in disguise!

Edit: For Civelli, not Keane
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 17:28]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. on 17:35 - Jan 22 with 1595 viewsBloomBlue

Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. on 16:28 - Jan 22 by Keno

Does it count that I consider injury cruelly robbed me the chance of playing for Ipswich between 1978 & 1998?

Your mullet haircut wasn't an injury it was a lifestyle choice.
Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. on 18:44 - Jan 22 with 1516 viewsBlueBadger

Paz's bum after someone called a Tory MP a nasty name?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. on 18:45 - Jan 22 with 1515 viewsBlueBadger

Cameron Stewart?

Or did he just not play because of Other Issues?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. on 18:49 - Jan 22 with 1506 viewsBent_double

Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. on 17:11 - Jan 22 by PhilTWTD

Wow, the lengths some players go to to avoid playing for certain managers......

(not long now, V-Y)

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. on 19:01 - Jan 22 with 1487 viewsghostofescobar

I can only think that Town think that I have had a very, very long injury, as I'm in my early 50's now and they still haven't scouted me or offered me a contract.

GhostOfEscobar

Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. on 21:20 - Jan 22 with 1371 viewsrgp1

Wasn't Paul Taylor out for a fair old stretch? I remember being at Middlesbrough when he got smashed and Jewell let him play on. It must have made the injury worse.
Longest consecutive injury in ITFC history. on 21:21 - Jan 22 with 1365 viewsrgp1

The fans hurting since around 2003?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024