Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert is out next week then... 10:38 - Feb 19 with 4963 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Looks like Marcus Evans will finally cut the chord, months too late, next week when they meet on yet another failed manager he appointed. This is much the same as when we got rid of Mick, they met and he said he'd be looking for a new manager while leaving Mick in post. I hope he's not stupid enough to do the same with Lambert.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:40 - Feb 19 with 3858 viewsnoggin

I'm not sure he will sack him. He could do it by phone or video conference. Why wait until next week?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:41 - Feb 19 with 3838 viewsCoco

more likely...

"Sounds like you've had it tough Paul, what do you need me to do?"

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:42 - Feb 19 with 3823 viewsRobTheMonk

"Lambert given two year contract extension"
Lambert is out next week then... on 10:42 - Feb 19 with 3817 viewsCokeIsKey

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:40 - Feb 19 by noggin

I'm not sure he will sack him. He could do it by phone or video conference. Why wait until next week?

Because they want to terminate his contract by mutual consent and need to negotiate a deal.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:43 - Feb 19 with 3790 viewsCrockerITFC

Didn't Magic get sacked via text message?
Lambert is out next week then... on 10:44 - Feb 19 with 3779 viewsnoggin

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:42 - Feb 19 by CokeIsKey

Because they want to terminate his contract by mutual consent and need to negotiate a deal.

No need to meet face to face for that.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:44 - Feb 19 with 3753 viewsSouperJim

You're going to be very disappointed

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:44 - Feb 19 with 3748 viewsBlueWorldOrder

I am convinced he will let him go next week. He's probably waiting on something else, either a replacement or some sort of negotiated repayment plan on the compensation to make sacking him more manageable for his finances. Maybe both.

He's gone. I just hope this doesn't end up like the McCarthy nightmare with the fans becoming more toxic as it goes on. Evans really isn't too bright when it comes to these things.

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:46 - Feb 19 with 3716 viewsPendejo

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:41 - Feb 19 by Coco

more likely...

"Sounds like you've had it tough Paul, what do you need me to do?"

PL: Swap me and my coaches with Dyer and Butcher, let's see how that one plays out, neither them played in Germany or a Champions League final...

ME: will take a pay cut?

PL: Will I fck, I've got a nice long contract I'm going nae where cheaply

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:47 - Feb 19 with 3719 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:44 - Feb 19 by SouperJim

Why else even have a conversation. Lambert himself admits that Evans is hardly working with him round the clock. Other managers said the same.

This is entirely like the scenario when he in effect sacked Mick but left him charge of the team.

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:47 - Feb 19 with 3718 viewsRomeo4

A further delay whilst they wait to hold a scheduled meeting seems nuts. Especially given the complete nonsense that is currently playing out in the public domain. Damaging the club’s reputation in the process.

We also potentially lose out on good candidates for the role (I’m thinking of Cook here)

But let’s be honest he should’ve sacked him last January so what’s another few days!!
Lambert is out next week then... on 10:48 - Feb 19 with 3688 viewsCrockerITFC

It'll probably be a frank discussion and Lambert might say he wants out. But I'm sure the intention of the meeting is merely a slap on the wrist for bad-mouthing his employer in the press. It's probably going to be his first warning in a case against him for fair dismissal for breach of contract. I'm sure Evans is too tight to pay out especially when Lambert is in self-destructive mode and might be able to sack without compensation if he waits a bit longer.
Lambert is out next week then... on 10:49 - Feb 19 with 3678 viewsKropotkin123

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:44 - Feb 19 by SouperJim

I fear you are right

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:49 - Feb 19 with 3678 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:47 - Feb 19 by Romeo4

A further delay whilst they wait to hold a scheduled meeting seems nuts. Especially given the complete nonsense that is currently playing out in the public domain. Damaging the club’s reputation in the process.

We also potentially lose out on good candidates for the role (I’m thinking of Cook here)

But let’s be honest he should’ve sacked him last January so what’s another few days!!

He should have gone after failing to get us up last season. The computer may have tallied up the averages but we were so poor after the first month or two we didn't even get enough points to win promotion based on a points average. He should have been sacked. Instead we had O'Neil telling us that promotion wasn't really the aim that season...

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:50 - Feb 19 with 3655 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:49 - Feb 19 by Kropotkin123

I fear you are right

I am convinced he's going to relieve him of the duties and the delay is merely a replacement/pay package factor. I think Lambert even knows that.

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:51 - Feb 19 with 3652 viewsCrockerITFC

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:49 - Feb 19 by BlueWorldOrder

He should have gone after failing to get us up last season. The computer may have tallied up the averages but we were so poor after the first month or two we didn't even get enough points to win promotion based on a points average. He should have been sacked. Instead we had O'Neil telling us that promotion wasn't really the aim that season...

Completely agree and completely laughable how the same thing has happened again this season (minus the season-ending prematurely)
Lambert is out next week then... on 10:51 - Feb 19 with 3650 viewsthebooks

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:42 - Feb 19 by RobTheMonk

"Lambert given two year contract extension"

Think bigger. Five more years. Maybe some sort of Putin-esque move to make it impossible to remove him.
Lambert is out next week then... on 10:52 - Feb 19 with 3638 viewshomer_123

It could, of course, be their usual meeting and catch up that they have.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:53 - Feb 19 with 3617 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:51 - Feb 19 by CrockerITFC

Completely agree and completely laughable how the same thing has happened again this season (minus the season-ending prematurely)

The only reason he was still in post was whatever silly contract Evans gave him, which is the only reason in my view this is taking so long now. Evans has been stitched up due to his usual incompetence and is trying to find a way out at his usual snails pace.

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:57 - Feb 19 with 3573 viewsParky

This is coming from an owner that sacked Jim Magilton via a phone call whilst Jim was at his mother’s death bed. I don’t hold much hope he’s been waiting to sack Lambert face-to-face.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 10:59]
Lambert is out next week then... on 10:59 - Feb 19 with 3549 viewsMonkeyAlan

I wouldn't be so sure of that. I have a feeling Lambert is here until the summer at the very least.
Lambert is out next week then... on 11:10 - Feb 19 with 3456 viewsBondiBlue

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:48 - Feb 19 by CrockerITFC

It'll probably be a frank discussion and Lambert might say he wants out. But I'm sure the intention of the meeting is merely a slap on the wrist for bad-mouthing his employer in the press. It's probably going to be his first warning in a case against him for fair dismissal for breach of contract. I'm sure Evans is too tight to pay out especially when Lambert is in self-destructive mode and might be able to sack without compensation if he waits a bit longer.

I think this is probably right. The only reason for waiting this long is that evans can’t afford to pay out his contract until a clause kicks in. Watching him completely lose the plot and say something so stupid that evans can sack him with no compensation would be equally effective. Cruel though.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Lambert is out next week then... on 11:28 - Feb 19 with 3398 viewsBehindBlueEyes

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:52 - Feb 19 by homer_123

It could, of course, be their usual meeting and catch up that they have.

Damn you and your reasoned thinking

Blog: Kundai Benyu – The Golden Shot?

Lambert is out next week then... on 12:00 - Feb 19 with 3323 viewsSouperJim

Lambert is out next week then... on 10:47 - Feb 19 by BlueWorldOrder

Why else even have a conversation. Lambert himself admits that Evans is hardly working with him round the clock. Other managers said the same.

This is entirely like the scenario when he in effect sacked Mick but left him charge of the team.

They meet every few weeks. You're putting two and two together and coming up with seven.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Lambert is out next week then... on 12:02 - Feb 19 with 3295 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Lambert is out next week then... on 12:00 - Feb 19 by SouperJim

They meet every few weeks. You're putting two and two together and coming up with seven.

I am now more convinced that this will be the case having seen further bits today.

He's gone, he knows it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024