Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Twitter rumours 13:35 - Mar 29 with 9371 viewschrismakin

Yes I know...

But according to some wigan followers they believe paul is bringing the following to town

Richardson
Gk coach
Club doctor
Physio team
Recruitment team

Could be the exciting behind the scenes stuff he referred to.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Twitter rumours on 13:53 - Mar 29 with 6093 viewsMB26

I don't think anyone is surprised about Richardson coming in. No matter where Wigan finish I'm sure their new owners will want their own man in. I've never been a huge fan of Jimmy Walker if I'm honest.

And let's be honest we need big changes off the pitch. Bowman more than likely will join up with MM again. Wigan have a good track record in terms of signing players as well as useful loanees.

How true this all is remains to be seen. I kind of feel like it's changing a broom, you can change the head when it gets tired and knackered but if the stick is knackered too then there's no real benefit.
Twitter rumours on 13:55 - Mar 29 with 6077 viewshype313

I wonder what Richardson said to Cook after the game on Saturday..Something along the lines of "You know that chat we had about me coming there, er I might stay where I am"

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Twitter rumours on 14:01 - Mar 29 with 5987 viewsKieran_Knows

It had been mentioned to me that he was looking to bring in 6-7 additional staff this summer, couple coaches, plus scouting/medical staff.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Twitter rumours on 14:02 - Mar 29 with 5950 viewsPJH

Twitter rumours on 14:01 - Mar 29 by Kieran_Knows

It had been mentioned to me that he was looking to bring in 6-7 additional staff this summer, couple coaches, plus scouting/medical staff.

Additional or replacements for people already here?
Twitter rumours on 14:07 - Mar 29 with 5881 viewsgordon

Twitter rumours on 13:55 - Mar 29 by hype313

I wonder what Richardson said to Cook after the game on Saturday..Something along the lines of "You know that chat we had about me coming there, er I might stay where I am"

Think Cook was asking if he could go back up to Wigan as assistant.
Twitter rumours on 14:10 - Mar 29 with 5849 viewsKieran_Knows

Twitter rumours on 14:02 - Mar 29 by PJH

Additional or replacements for people already here?

Not sure on the scouting/medical side, but I think any further coaches will replace Gill and Walker this summer.

Twitter rumours on 14:13 - Mar 29 with 5770 viewsclive_baker

Good, we need it. The whole club needs a reset and that includes off the pitch.

It feels like we're limping towards a finish this season which is a shame, as there's still something to play for. On the flipside, at least we're not giving Cook a false sense of where we're at. He'll know. At best he gets a tune out of this rabble against average opposition over coming weeks and we sneak the p/off's, at which point it becomes a lottery and, having got in them, we would be one of the form teams. At worst, its an extended pre season and he gets the summer to recharge the batteries and rip this squad up and start again. Either way there's reasons to be optimistic for August.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2021 14:14]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Twitter rumours on 14:14 - Mar 29 with 5767 viewsBeckets

Twitter rumours on 14:10 - Mar 29 by Kieran_Knows

Not sure on the scouting/medical side, but I think any further coaches will replace Gill and Walker this summer.

I think Gill and Walker are on rolling one year contracts which expire each summer so can be let go without compensation. Presumably Bowman will move on also.
Login to get fewer ads

Twitter rumours on 14:14 - Mar 29 with 5749 viewsKieran_Knows

Twitter rumours on 14:14 - Mar 29 by Beckets

I think Gill and Walker are on rolling one year contracts which expire each summer so can be let go without compensation. Presumably Bowman will move on also.

Correct.

Twitter rumours on 14:16 - Mar 29 with 5732 viewsitfcjoe

Twitter rumours on 14:10 - Mar 29 by Kieran_Knows

Wonder what Dyer's future will be - sticking with U23s or getting more involved as Cook really impressed by him from what I hear

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Twitter rumours on 14:18 - Mar 29 with 5690 viewshype313

Twitter rumours on 14:16 - Mar 29 by itfcjoe

Wonder what Dyer's future will be - sticking with U23s or getting more involved as Cook really impressed by him from what I hear

I'd hope Keiron gets more involved with the first team affairs, the U'23's is the graveyard shift.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Twitter rumours on 14:27 - Mar 29 with 5600 viewsPhilTWTD

Wouldn't be a surprise if he looked at his old staff although I think a lot of PC's staff from his time there have moved on. The keeper-coach was Nick Colgan, who is at Forest, and the physios he mentioned at the presser last week are at Stoke and Blackburn. I doubt the doctor would be recruited, it's not a full-time role but one fulfilled by various local doctors.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Twitter rumours on 14:28 - Mar 29 with 5563 viewsPhilTWTD

And as he said on Saturday. I can see KD being more involved with the first team as well.
Twitter rumours on 14:35 - Mar 29 with 5457 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Twitter rumours on 14:18 - Mar 29 by hype313

I'd hope Keiron gets more involved with the first team affairs, the U'23's is the graveyard shift.

No. No. No.

I don't want that chap anywhere near the first team.
Twitter rumours on 14:38 - Mar 29 with 5412 viewschrismakin

Twitter rumours on 14:35 - Mar 29 by BlueBlueBluex2

No. No. No.

I would like to see Dyer as Dobra's personal coach lol.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Twitter rumours on 14:42 - Mar 29 with 5370 viewstractorboy1978

Be nice to have a manager that utilises his skills, experiences and contacts rather than one that just feels threatened by him.
Twitter rumours on 14:46 - Mar 29 with 5294 viewsJ2BLUE

Twitter rumours on 13:53 - Mar 29 by MB26

I don't think anyone is surprised about Richardson coming in. No matter where Wigan finish I'm sure their new owners will want their own man in. I've never been a huge fan of Jimmy Walker if I'm honest.

And let's be honest we need big changes off the pitch. Bowman more than likely will join up with MM again. Wigan have a good track record in terms of signing players as well as useful loanees.

How true this all is remains to be seen. I kind of feel like it's changing a broom, you can change the head when it gets tired and knackered but if the stick is knackered too then there's no real benefit.

Wigan completely fooked but managed to find new owners.

Amazing. They'll probably challenge next season if they stay up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Twitter rumours on 14:52 - Mar 29 with 5230 viewschrismakin

Twitter rumours on 14:46 - Mar 29 by J2BLUE

I cant quite work out tho if their new chairman is genuinely excited or if it's a PR team in control of his account lol. It's quite unusual to see such regular tweets from an owner. But good for them.

Just hope they dont offer leam the job

Twitter rumours on 14:55 - Mar 29 with 5179 viewsJ2BLUE

Twitter rumours on 14:52 - Mar 29 by chrismakin

I cant quite work out tho if their new chairman is genuinely excited or if it's a PR team in control of his account lol. It's quite unusual to see such regular tweets from an owner. But good for them.

Just hope they dont offer leam the job

You miss the point i'm making. Some didn't want new owners because we might end up like Wigan. Wigan have found a buyer very quickly and will now rise likely rise again. We've had about 15 years of sh1t but god forbid we take a risk.

Yes i'm still bitter.

Truly impaired.

Twitter rumours on 14:55 - Mar 29 with 5176 viewsclive_baker

Twitter rumours on 14:46 - Mar 29 by J2BLUE

They've got some tidy players and their form over the past month or so is pretty decent. It's remarkable how well they've done considering the absolute mess they were in over the summer. I hope they stay up.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Twitter rumours on 14:57 - Mar 29 with 5140 viewsJ2BLUE

Twitter rumours on 14:55 - Mar 29 by clive_baker

They've got some tidy players and their form over the past month or so is pretty decent. It's remarkable how well they've done considering the absolute mess they were in over the summer. I hope they stay up.

I don't. Feels horrible saying it but if they stay up with a new owner they could challenge us. There's also a chance they would keep the manager on.

As horrible as it is I hope they go down.

Truly impaired.

Twitter rumours on 15:00 - Mar 29 with 5098 viewschrismakin

Twitter rumours on 14:55 - Mar 29 by J2BLUE

You miss the point i'm making. Some didn't want new owners because we might end up like Wigan. Wigan have found a buyer very quickly and will now rise likely rise again. We've had about 15 years of sh1t but god forbid we take a risk.

Yes i'm still bitter.

I think our take over will happen if it's still not completely dead. The moment we are confirmed as league 1 next season itll be interesting to see where the land lies at that point.

Twitter rumours on 15:01 - Mar 29 with 5094 viewsPJH

Twitter rumours on 14:55 - Mar 29 by J2BLUE

Yes i'm still bitter.

They didn't really find a buyer quickly because the Administrators originally said that they expected to have new owners by 1st September last year I think. I think the people there now are about the fourth of the potential buyers that were lined up/interested.
Twitter rumours on 15:03 - Mar 29 with 5054 viewsJ2BLUE

Twitter rumours on 15:01 - Mar 29 by PJH

They didn't really find a buyer quickly because the Administrators originally said that they expected to have new owners by 1st September last year I think. I think the people there now are about the fourth of the potential buyers that were lined up/interested.

If a club in that state with less potential than us can have four buyers lined up then my point stands!

A mate mentioned a 29000 crowd we got in 2003. I didn't believe him until I looked it up.

That was in division one. We have massive potential.

Truly impaired.

Twitter rumours on 15:08 - Mar 29 with 5013 viewsitfcjoe

Twitter rumours on 14:35 - Mar 29 by BlueBlueBluex2

No. No. No.

Why?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024