Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at 17:00 - Apr 10 with 2036 viewspointofblue

There's been no signs in his matches in charge so far to say that is he is. I know people will point the finger at the players and the squad but we should be doing better than no shots on target in 180 minutes. If anything we've gone backwards since he took over.

Yes, no doubt he'll be given the summer and there will be an overhaul. We'll just have to hope he makes the right decisions. I probably shouldn't have doubts about him but I really do.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:01 - Apr 10 with 2004 viewsjayessess

Cook's got a much better record in this division than the players do.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:01 - Apr 10 with 1988 viewsMrTown

What about his last 3 clubs.... maybe that could be a sign.

Muppet you.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:03 - Apr 10 with 1939 viewshaynes_toe1

Don't get me wrong pointofblue, I fully agree that Cook's start so far has been disappointing and he's somehow managed to make this group of players even worse than they were under Lambert.

However, you've got to look at his record in the lower leagues (this one included) and ask, are we likely to get anyone better if we did make a change? I think the answer is no. Like yousay, we have to hope he gets it right this summer. I'm not sure if the new owners will be as patient as Evans, rightly or wrongly.
The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:03 - Apr 10 with 1928 viewswkj

We won't need a lot of money for fees this summer unless we're some how building a mid-table championship ready squad. A lot of purse tightening this summer from the non-prem league sides will mean the money needs to be on the negotiating table.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 17:05]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:04 - Apr 10 with 1917 viewsgordon

We're playing dreadful, dreadful football.

Based on what we've heard about the set up the new owners want, how Cook likes to manage, and what we've seen so far, I reckon there's a pretty reasonable chance that we bring in a different manager in the summer to be honest.
The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:05 - Apr 10 with 1888 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not one of the players he has signed for us has been any good ... oh.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:05 - Apr 10 with 1884 viewspointofblue

The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:01 - Apr 10 by MrTown

What about his last 3 clubs.... maybe that could be a sign.

Muppet you.

That's the one thing I'm holding onto but we've gone backwards under him, and we were awful to start with.

The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:06 - Apr 10 with 1861 viewschrismakin

Can I ask, at what point was Cook holding onto sears when he lobbed the keeper
And when sears shot wide, did cook put him off from the dugout.

Cook must have held Edwards back when ward drilled in that lovely ball across goal

There was far more involved today than there was over the previous 2 games

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:06 - Apr 10 with 1858 viewswkj

The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:05 - Apr 10 by pointofblue

That's the one thing I'm holding onto but we've gone backwards under him, and we were awful to start with.

The run of form we had before he got here was a false positive. We had more luck than anything, certainly not more quality.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:08 - Apr 10 with 1826 viewsMrTown

The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:05 - Apr 10 by pointofblue

We haven’t gone backwards under him, let’s not rewrite history.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:08 - Apr 10 with 1825 viewsbazza

I think the lack of results since cook came in is more of a reflection on how piss poor the squad is ..
The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:09 - Apr 10 with 1804 viewspointofblue

The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:06 - Apr 10 by wkj

The run of form we had before he got here was a false positive. We had more luck than anything, certainly not more quality.

And yet I don't think Lambert, for all his other faults as manager, oversaw us going over 180 plus minutes without a shot on target - one of those against a side with the worst defence in the division.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 17:10]

The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:09 - Apr 10 with 1796 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We don't have a goalscorer. That's not Cook's fault.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:09 - Apr 10 with 1795 viewsN2_Blue

At this time don't you think it would be better to judge Cook's record on his previous clubs, rather than in less than 10 games with a bunch of confidence shot, unfit, tired and distinctly lacking players who are not his players.

PC has not become a manger who does not know what he is doing in less than 2 months has he!?

You underestimate the size of the task. Its frustrating because we wanted a shot at the playoffs but the damage was done unfortunately and was probably far worse than we realised.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:10 - Apr 10 with 1773 viewsjas0999

We need to give him time. He’s inherited an awful bunch of players. His playing playing style, with the right players, is up our street. But he arguably needs an entire new starting eleven.

The players have proved yet again that either they don’t care or aren’t good enough. Mixture of the both probably.
The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:11 - Apr 10 with 1745 viewsreusersfreekicks

The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:09 - Apr 10 by pointofblue

And yet I don't think Lambert, for all his other faults as manager, oversaw us going over 180 plus minutes without a shot on target - one of those against a side with the worst defence in the division.

Yep, it's like whatever he has tried to introduce has not helped at all
The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:20 - Apr 10 with 1670 viewsgordon

The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:09 - Apr 10 by pointofblue

Yep - whatever Cook is trying to do, it's definitely not working.
The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:23 - Apr 10 with 1655 viewsSwansea_Blue

The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:01 - Apr 10 by jayessess

Cook's got a much better record in this division than the players do.

I think that's what we have to hang on to. He's proven. It's probably a safer bet than trying to find another manager who suits our 'style' and players (I very much doubt such a miracle worker exists).

The only thing that's missing in terms of results are the goals. We're not leaky defensively. Strip out all the deadwood and find a couple of lively front players and we're in a much better position straight away.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:30 - Apr 10 with 1621 viewsgordon

The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:23 - Apr 10 by Swansea_Blue

I think that's what we have to hang on to. He's proven. It's probably a safer bet than trying to find another manager who suits our 'style' and players (I very much doubt such a miracle worker exists).

The only thing that's missing in terms of results are the goals. We're not leaky defensively. Strip out all the deadwood and find a couple of lively front players and we're in a much better position straight away.

The stumbling block will be whether Cook is willing to cede some control of recruitment to the person put in place by the new owners, when he specifically came here because he'd have lots of autonomy.
The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 18:02 - Apr 10 with 1501 viewshaynes_toe1

The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 17:09 - Apr 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

We don't have a goalscorer. That's not Cook's fault.

True, although it doesn't explain how we've become worse under Cook than we were under Lambert, with the bar set incredibly low.
The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 18:05 - Apr 10 with 1460 viewsTractorCam

I'm sure Cook would have appreciated it if Drinan shot when he was near the 6 yard box rather than turning backwards, and if Sears could actually find the target with their keeper way off his line.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 18:07 - Apr 10 with 1428 viewschrismakin

The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 18:02 - Apr 10 by haynes_toe1

True, although it doesn't explain how we've become worse under Cook than we were under Lambert, with the bar set incredibly low.

Once again Haynes despite being shown many times

Cooks not had the same players as his disposal

No Nolan, Hawkins, etc from early in season, Edwards is not the same player since injury and his 5 goals in 6 games prior to october

No Kenlock, Bennetts, Norwood - from 'that 3 game winning run'

So he's using the shame shte, Lambert had to all season, and the same rubbish results because of it, although Cook is actually doing better at not losing games.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

[Redacted] on 18:25 - Apr 10 with 1362 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
The owners have to be sure Cook is worth chucking money at on 18:27 - Apr 10 with 1334 viewsgordon

[Redacted] on 18:25 - Apr 10 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

The new owners will most definitely not be handing him £5 -10 million! They will be appointing people to make the recruitment decisions, with some input from Cook (or whoever the coach is in the summer).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024