Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... 11:17 - May 14 with 2307 viewsBlueBertie

As long as he gets his head down, works hard over the summer and stays injury free, plus spending less time on social media, oh and ditch the XXX-L shorts man. 😲🤣
Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 11:20 - May 14 with 2088 viewsGiroJim

He would have to work blo0dy hard. I just dont think he has the right work ethic. Too much of a clown.
Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 11:25 - May 14 with 2033 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Given he's scored 21 in 2 seasons for us, he's our most prolific striker since Murphy surely!

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 11:34 - May 14 with 1982 viewsJ2BLUE

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 11:36 - May 14 with 1970 viewsdickie

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 11:25 - May 14 by BlueWorldOrder

Given he's scored 21 in 2 seasons for us, he's our most prolific striker since Murphy surely!

And has been injured off and on in that time. Just needs to get himself fit
Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 11:37 - May 14 with 1966 viewsmonty_radio

Sometimes we could do with a more slimmed-down yes.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 11:38 - May 14 with 1959 viewsGarv

The only thing holding him back is his fitness/injury record. That's pretty clear.

You're nuts if you're binning him off while still in league one over anything but fitness.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 11:40 - May 14 with 1950 viewsBlueBertie

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 11:34 - May 14 by J2BLUE

🤣🤣🤣
Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 11:42 - May 14 with 1928 viewstrncbluearmy

no social stupid and weekly fitness monitoring,
20 plus goals next season no problem
Login to get fewer ads

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 12:06 - May 14 with 1845 viewstmiller12

What is that song about? 🤢
Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 12:10 - May 14 with 1822 viewsHerbivore

I think we need better to be honest if we're serious about a promotion challenge. It's amazing how many posters are happy to see the likes of Downes, Woolf, Dozzer etc be binned off whilst also being happy to keep Norwood.

Norwood is playing at the highest level he's ever likely to play at and has only managed to stay fit for about 60% of our games over a 2 year period. When he does play he blows hot and cold, misses a lot of chances but can be a handful when he's on song. He's also, if we're honest, a bit of a bellend.

If we're saying we need better than Downes and Woolfenden, who were very good for us in 2019/20 before having a disrupted season this time around in a car crash of a team, then surely we also need better than Norwood? Downes, Woolf and the like have scope to improve significantly as well, which seems unlikely in Norwood's case given his age and fitness. I just don't get the sudden love in for Norwood whilst writing off young players whose current level is at least as good as his and whose ceiling is much higher.
[Post edited 14 May 2021 12:13]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 12:13 - May 14 with 1806 viewshype313

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 12:10 - May 14 by Herbivore

I think we need better to be honest if we're serious about a promotion challenge. It's amazing how many posters are happy to see the likes of Downes, Woolf, Dozzer etc be binned off whilst also being happy to keep Norwood.

Norwood is playing at the highest level he's ever likely to play at and has only managed to stay fit for about 60% of our games over a 2 year period. When he does play he blows hot and cold, misses a lot of chances but can be a handful when he's on song. He's also, if we're honest, a bit of a bellend.

If we're saying we need better than Downes and Woolfenden, who were very good for us in 2019/20 before having a disrupted season this time around in a car crash of a team, then surely we also need better than Norwood? Downes, Woolf and the like have scope to improve significantly as well, which seems unlikely in Norwood's case given his age and fitness. I just don't get the sudden love in for Norwood whilst writing off young players whose current level is at least as good as his and whose ceiling is much higher.

I think it was quite telling when Stuart Watson said "Think Higher" that for me, meant Norwood's days are numbered.

Clearly they are looking at far more clinical strikers this summer and the best Norwood can hope for is to play as a back up, whether he's happy for that role at his age and on his salary that's anyone's guess.

But I just can't see Norwood leading the line at the first game of the season.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 12:16 - May 14 with 1771 viewsHerbivore

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 12:13 - May 14 by hype313

I think it was quite telling when Stuart Watson said "Think Higher" that for me, meant Norwood's days are numbered.

Clearly they are looking at far more clinical strikers this summer and the best Norwood can hope for is to play as a back up, whether he's happy for that role at his age and on his salary that's anyone's guess.

But I just can't see Norwood leading the line at the first game of the season.

If Norwood is leading the line come our first game of the season then something has gone very wrong with our recruitment, imo. I expect he'll be here next season as a squad option, at least partly because it's unlikely anyone would come in for him and match the wage he's on here. If we take the EADT info at face value, some of the decisions around who we're happy to let go and who we seem to be keeping around are a bit strange.

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 12:18 - May 14 with 1748 viewshype313

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 12:16 - May 14 by Herbivore

If Norwood is leading the line come our first game of the season then something has gone very wrong with our recruitment, imo. I expect he'll be here next season as a squad option, at least partly because it's unlikely anyone would come in for him and match the wage he's on here. If we take the EADT info at face value, some of the decisions around who we're happy to let go and who we seem to be keeping around are a bit strange.

Yep, can't see how anyone else in this league would match his wages and I can't imagine there would be many if any Championship clubs coming in for him.

Thinking along the same lines, he will be a squad back up player.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 12:18 - May 14 with 1747 viewsBlueBertie

I'd keep..... by BlueBertie 14 May 2021 0:13
..... Downes, Dozzell, Woolfenden, Lankester, Dobra, Bishop and Kenlock as squad players, keep Norwood. All bar the latter will be on relatively low wages. Oh and KVY. Their stock can't be any lower than it is now so can hopefully only increase. I suspect (and hope) the rumours about Cook saying they can all go is to give them a choice to shape up or ship out. IMHO all these would have more to offer than they have to date if not injured and surrounded by some quality signings.

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 12:18 - May 14 with 1748 viewsSpruceMoose

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 11:38 - May 14 by Garv

The only thing holding him back is his fitness/injury record. That's pretty clear.

You're nuts if you're binning him off while still in league one over anything but fitness.

Choosing to ignore the terrible attitude and character eh? Fair enough.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 12:22 - May 14 with 1716 viewsJDB23

I kind of agree with you here, having said that, Murphy was 32 when got got nearly 30 goals in a season for us. Obviously there are differences in the players but I’m sure people would have said similar things about his ceiling when he was a 30 year old.

Maybe Cook sees something in him that with the right players around him, he could get goals. I too would be worried if he was the player we pin our hopes on though, we definitely need additions up top.
Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 12:23 - May 14 with 1703 viewsBlueBertie

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 12:18 - May 14 by SpruceMoose

The penny might drop if he realises he's in the last chance saloon with us for the coming season. Poke him on Twitter, see what he says. 🤣🙈
Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 12:27 - May 14 with 1680 viewsclive_baker

He's definitely a goal scorer. Bit of a nob, certainly. But if he can stay fit, and get his swag back in front of goal he could be handy at this level.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 12:29 - May 14 with 1663 viewsHerbivore

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 12:22 - May 14 by JDB23

I kind of agree with you here, having said that, Murphy was 32 when got got nearly 30 goals in a season for us. Obviously there are differences in the players but I’m sure people would have said similar things about his ceiling when he was a 30 year old.

Maybe Cook sees something in him that with the right players around him, he could get goals. I too would be worried if he was the player we pin our hopes on though, we definitely need additions up top.

I've said before I don't think the Murphy comparison works all that well. He was always a model pro who worked hard and he'd played some football at Prem level so the ability was there with him. His goalscoring record has to be seen in the context of him often playing wide left rather than as a number 9. In the second half of the 2013/14 season he was in excellent goalscoring form playing as a 9 and he then carried that on right through the following season. None of the above really applies to Norwood.

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 13:29 - May 14 with 1514 viewsGarv

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 12:18 - May 14 by SpruceMoose

I'm not having this same argument with you, it comes up every time the guy's name is mentioned.

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 13:34 - May 14 with 1459 viewsSpruceMoose

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 13:29 - May 14 by Garv

I'm not having this same argument with you, it comes up every time the guy's name is mentioned.

And every time you want people to just pretend that there isn't an issue there.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 13:53 - May 14 with 1369 viewsGarv

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 13:34 - May 14 by SpruceMoose

And every time you want people to just pretend that there isn't an issue there.

If that's what you think, fine.

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 14:02 - May 14 with 1333 viewsSpruceMoose

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 13:53 - May 14 by Garv

If that's what you think, fine.

It's what you've demonstrated.

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 16:56 - May 14 with 1179 viewsBlueBadger

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 11:38 - May 14 by Garv

Trouble his, is attitude to his fitness is the primary thing that's held him back. Players who are desperate to play don't come back from injury persistently overweight and they spent their downtime getting pissed and driving home(again).

We could all live with the tedious online banta if he was actually fit and/or delivering. But he's not.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 17:08 - May 14 with 1157 viewsGarv

Norwood - it's a big fat yes from me...... on 14:02 - May 14 by SpruceMoose

It's what you've demonstrated.

If you say so.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024