Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Norwich fan on WOTB*: 13:42 - Aug 29 with 5043 viewsdominiciawful

"That has massively p**sed me off. 3 point gifted to a bang average side"

If Leicester are "bang average", what does that make them?

*Wánking off the Brother

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 14:16 - Aug 29 with 4798 viewsMattinLondon

Why log on to that site in the first place?
A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 15:02 - Aug 29 with 4595 viewsWD19

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 14:16 - Aug 29 by MattinLondon

Why log on to that site in the first place?

Standard NHS eye test.
A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 15:06 - Aug 29 with 4554 viewsFPL_Tractor

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 15:02 - Aug 29 by WD19

Standard NHS eye test.

Why not just drive to Barnard Castle like everyone else?

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 15:07 - Aug 29 with 4543 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 15:02 - Aug 29 by WD19

Standard NHS eye test.

I perused wotb once.

Ended up at Specsavers the next few weeks after damaging my eyes.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 15:39 - Aug 29 with 4385 viewsArnieM

I’d say that post on WOTB is a classic example of the inflated egos that fans have about their club. It’s laughable.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 15:43 - Aug 29 with 4370 viewsIllinoisblue

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 15:39 - Aug 29 by ArnieM

I’d say that post on WOTB is a classic example of the inflated egos that fans have about their club. It’s laughable.

See also: Ipswich fans and last season’s “easy run in”. And the constant “best squad in the league” narrative.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 16:06 - Aug 29 with 4275 viewsArnieM

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 15:43 - Aug 29 by Illinoisblue

See also: Ipswich fans and last season’s “easy run in”. And the constant “best squad in the league” narrative.

Oh don’t worry, I’ve seen it ( but you’re probably talking about a handful of fans, ( section 6?) In contrast Listen to Suffolk radio and the number of Town fans that run the club down at the first opportunity or post similar on here every week. We seem to have more negative than delusional fans at Ipswich…… Compare that to the whole of their city and their ( un?) biased media appear hold the opinion that they are something special and have spouted that crap for years.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 16:08 - Aug 29 with 4256 viewsnoggin

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 15:43 - Aug 29 by Illinoisblue

And all these 'minnows' we're playing in League 1.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 16:46 - Aug 29 with 4103 viewsBlueBadger

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 16:08 - Aug 29 by noggin

And all these 'minnows' we're playing in League 1.

We must have been the unluckiest club ever, to have been relegated into the the 'strongest third division ever' for three seasons running.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 16:54 - Aug 29 with 4054 viewschrismakin

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 16:46 - Aug 29 by BlueBadger

We must have been the unluckiest club ever, to have been relegated into the the 'strongest third division ever' for three seasons running.

We are what we are.. a league 1 side, no different to any other imo

The take over pretty much ends our association with being a championship club in league 1.

We are a new club, starting in league 1. We just have the benefit of having a big ground for the league.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 17:00 - Aug 29 with 4025 viewspistonbroke

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 16:54 - Aug 29 by chrismakin

The take over pretty much ends our association with being a championship club in league 1.

We are a new club, starting in league 1. We just have the benefit of having a big ground for the league.

A new club , so do we forget the robson days
A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 17:05 - Aug 29 with 3999 viewschrismakin

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 17:00 - Aug 29 by pistonbroke

It's a tough one really to be honest

Football has changed so much over the years, alot of the current town fans werent even around when we won those cups.

Im proud of the history of course, and I shout about it all the time, despite not being alive either during it, but personally how we sell the club based on the past is actually a problem for us imo.

We hear and read all the time, we are ipswich, big club, big stadium, the fans view it like this to, the expectation is massive despite not doing anything for 20 odd years of course big thanks to Evans for that.

Im caught being honest. History is always something to be proud of... but is it route to our problems nowadays? Do managers that come in struggle with the pressures of being Ipswich manager.. we saw with Mick, did well, attendances went down to what 11k in the end... for what reason... because it wasn't like the past ipswich?

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 17:13 - Aug 29 with 3965 viewsdoodah

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 17:00 - Aug 29 by pistonbroke

Obviously not, but we would do well to move on from the constant "look at our history" narrative. We now have fans approaching early middle age who have experienced little but dross for most of the time of their support. Or do we want to end up like Bolton and Blackpool etc who all have a great history (more so than Town's) but very little prospect of remotely achieving anything of note in the future.
A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 19:22 - Aug 29 with 3672 viewsnorth_stand77

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 17:05 - Aug 29 by chrismakin

It's a tough one really to be honest

Football has changed so much over the years, alot of the current town fans werent even around when we won those cups.

Im proud of the history of course, and I shout about it all the time, despite not being alive either during it, but personally how we sell the club based on the past is actually a problem for us imo.

We hear and read all the time, we are ipswich, big club, big stadium, the fans view it like this to, the expectation is massive despite not doing anything for 20 odd years of course big thanks to Evans for that.

Im caught being honest. History is always something to be proud of... but is it route to our problems nowadays? Do managers that come in struggle with the pressures of being Ipswich manager.. we saw with Mick, did well, attendances went down to what 11k in the end... for what reason... because it wasn't like the past ipswich?

Attendances went down because we were playing boring football!

Yes, i was lucky to see Town play in their heyday, but we should never forget our wonderful history - how could you?
A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 19:42 - Aug 29 with 3605 viewsGriller

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 15:39 - Aug 29 by ArnieM

I can't believe that you of all people actually said that! Nothing changes, I suppose.
A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 20:10 - Aug 29 with 3507 viewsIllinoisblue

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 19:42 - Aug 29 by Griller

I can't believe that you of all people actually said that! Nothing changes, I suppose.

Griller! You’re still alive and lurking in the shadows!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 22:57 - Aug 29 with 3181 viewspatrickswell

It's always nice to see Norwich lose, but let's not get too lairy about it. They're in the bottom 3 because they lost to 3 clubs who've each won the Premier League in the last 5 years.
We're in the bottom 3 because we couldn't beat 5 sides that were all non league last time we were in the top flight.
A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 23:03 - Aug 29 with 3159 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 16:54 - Aug 29 by chrismakin

What are you on about? "We are a new club"?

This is the most delusional thing I have seen you post and that really is saying something!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 23:27 - Aug 29 with 3107 viewschrismakin

A Norwich fan on WOTB*: on 23:03 - Aug 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

What are you on about? "We are a new club"?

This is the most delusional thing I have seen you post and that really is saying something!

It's a way of describing what town are. Don't have to take things literally.

Apart from a very small number of staff. A lot has changed at the club which gives it a new club feel.

Staff
Players
Stand sponsorship
Board room
Structure
Media

It's of course something we all hope is a good thing no doubt. But it's a new era and at with such levels of changes, and the years spent where we are, it's no longer the Ipswich of old.

See it however you like. Doesn't make me delusional, just makes me more level headed when it comes to playing other league 1 sides who are at the same level.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024