Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will be interesting to see how Celina has developed 09:52 - Aug 31 with 1830 viewsDarth_Koont

I see Edwards has played on the right before at West Brom but would be interesting to see if Celina could play the central role too.

A three of Edwards, Celina and Fraser behind Bonne/Pigott looks ridiculous at this level. And that’s even without Burns who is the form player on the right.

Cook just has to get the team rolling in the right direction and have the opposition worried about us – rather than seeing us as a team they can get at instead.

Pronouns: He/Him

Will be interesting to see how Celina has developed on 09:53 - Aug 31 with 1554 viewssuffolkpoker

there is a pretty pennt in our attacking line up.

The Yanks are taking it seriously....

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Unfortunately that still leaves.... on 09:54 - Aug 31 with 1549 viewsBloots

....7 defensive players who look like they couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding.

I expect we'll just start drawing 3-3 rather than 2-2.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Unfortunately that still leaves.... on 09:55 - Aug 31 with 1529 viewsKieran_Knows

Unfortunately that still leaves.... on 09:54 - Aug 31 by Bloots

....7 defensive players who look like they couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding.

Just a hunch, but I think we'll push the boat out to get Morsy today. Will be done late this evening.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Hopefully, but I can't see it myself.... on 09:58 - Aug 31 with 1504 viewsBloots

Unfortunately that still leaves.... on 09:55 - Aug 31 by Kieran_Knows

Just a hunch, but I think we'll push the boat out to get Morsy today. Will be done late this evening.

....doesn't seem to be much appetite for it from his end, whether that's Boro or the player himself.

Someone will come in but I think it'll be a random that we don't know about until 10 minutes before it happens.

Maybe.

Possibly.

Oh who knows.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Will be interesting to see how Celina has developed on 10:02 - Aug 31 with 1455 viewslegoman

Playing in the middle he could be our next Sixtoes Peralta?

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

Will be interesting to see how Celina has developed on 10:07 - Aug 31 with 1416 viewsBlueOsterClub

Will be interesting to see how Celina has developed on 09:53 - Aug 31 by suffolkpoker

there is a pretty pennt in our attacking line up.

The Yanks are taking it seriously....

God Bless America!

I put £100 on us winning the league and I never usually gamble. I still feel it's a good bet. We are 9 points behind the leaders with 123 points to play for so are surprised that we have been written off for automatic promotion all ready.

We needed a better goal keeper and they got us one. Harper and Evans are not working as a pair and we need a better option there instead of Evans in my Opinion. I am sure those who we have running the club are looking hard at a replacement to be a starter for DM and am hoping for a nice surprise later.

How will Tom Carrol fit into this team as he is a good player especially at this level?
Will be interesting to see how Celina has developed on 10:10 - Aug 31 with 1378 viewsunstableblue

Seems like Celina was always in the recruitment plans

You now have Burns, Fraser, Chaplin, Barry, Aluko, Edwards and Celina competing for the 3 attacking midfield roles.

Take Aluko out of the picture as he looks short of what we need - perhaps a back up when Celina looked unlikely?

That’s 6 competing for 3 places, seems sensible to me. We saw the impact of Burns being out, and then getting a knock at 70mins Saturday.

Man we needed that win against Wimbledon, am sure we’d be getting a different reaction on the board to this signing - a negative reaction overall as far as I can see!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Will be interesting to see how Celina has developed on 10:12 - Aug 31 with 1364 viewsHighgateBlue

Will be interesting to see how Celina has developed on 10:07 - Aug 31 by BlueOsterClub

God Bless America!

I put £100 on us winning the league and I never usually gamble. I still feel it's a good bet. We are 9 points behind the leaders with 123 points to play for so are surprised that we have been written off for automatic promotion all ready.

We needed a better goal keeper and they got us one. Harper and Evans are not working as a pair and we need a better option there instead of Evans in my Opinion. I am sure those who we have running the club are looking hard at a replacement to be a starter for DM and am hoping for a nice surprise later.

How will Tom Carrol fit into this team as he is a good player especially at this level?

You can still get a bit of 11/1 on Betfair about Town winning the league. I personally think that looks short, rather than long, so I don't agree that too many have written us off.

There is of course still a chance of automatic promotion, and we should all be backing the team to try to achieve that, whatever we think of Cook's record so far.

The fortnight break and the two exciting new signings means that we can convince ourselves there's another clean slate, and go again.

I'm not sure how Carroll would fit in, but I would think that he could replace either Evans or Harper as needs be - I don't think that would cause any lack of balance or cause Cook's preferred formation not to work.
Login to get fewer ads

Unfortunately that still leaves.... on 10:12 - Aug 31 with 1368 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Unfortunately that still leaves.... on 09:55 - Aug 31 by Kieran_Knows

Me too. Boro end seems hes not keen on it but im sure either TWTD/EADT said its a move he was open to? Might have read that wrong tho
Errrrrr…. Have you watched Burgess play?? on 10:13 - Aug 31 with 1350 viewsunstableblue

Seriously, you can’t have.

Also you haven’t seen Edmundson play yet?!

Unfortunately that still leaves.... on 10:14 - Aug 31 with 1335 viewsMetal_Hacker

Unfortunately that still leaves.... on 10:12 - Aug 31 by abracaDOBRA_

Me too. Boro end seems hes not keen on it but im sure either TWTD/EADT said its a move he was open to? Might have read that wrong tho

Or perhaps trying to drive wages / fee up etc by club / agent

Poll: If it were one or the other

Unfortunately that still leaves.... on 10:16 - Aug 31 with 1326 viewstractorboy1978

He's played a good chunk of his career under Cook at two different clubs and clearly has a good relationship with him. Sure he's been sounded out and is interested if we are persisting in trying to sign him.
Will be interesting to see how Celina has developed on 10:24 - Aug 31 with 1260 viewsGarv

Hopefully a fit Norwood to add to that as well.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

One good thing about the present regime on 10:26 - Aug 31 with 1260 viewsGuthrum

Hopefully, but I can't see it myself.... on 09:58 - Aug 31 by Bloots

....doesn't seem to be much appetite for it from his end, whether that's Boro or the player himself.

Someone will come in but I think it'll be a random that we don't know about until 10 minutes before it happens.

Maybe.

Possibly.

Oh who knows.

Is that when transfers happen, they drop fast, without much of an extended public preamble. Meaning that just because it seems nothing is moving, doesn't mean that is the case in reality.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Unfortunately that still leaves.... on 10:31 - Aug 31 with 1213 viewsMediocre_Quick

He's said he's happy to stay at Boro, so unlikely we'll sign him, unless we go in with a ludicrous offer for him, but Boro also won't sell until they have a replacement for him if they were to sell, which doesn't look likely
Will be interesting to see how Celina has developed on 10:33 - Aug 31 with 1196 viewsBlueOsterClub

Will be interesting to see how Celina has developed on 10:24 - Aug 31 by Garv

Hopefully a fit Norwood to add to that as well.

Norwood would be competing with Pigott and Bonne for the Striker position not the attacking Midfield.
Will be interesting to see how Celina has developed on 10:34 - Aug 31 with 1180 viewsMediocre_Quick

Will be interesting to see how Celina has developed on 10:33 - Aug 31 by BlueOsterClub

Norwood would be competing with Pigott and Bonne for the Striker position not the attacking Midfield.

Both games he played he's come on in the 10 has he not?
Unfortunately that still leaves.... on 10:35 - Aug 31 with 1171 viewstextbackup

😂 you do make me laugh mate, actual lol’ed at that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Will be interesting to see how Celina has developed on 10:44 - Aug 31 with 1102 viewsitfcjoe

You'd think a season under Potter at Swansea will have developed him tactically as they were very fluid in their setup - think he often played as one of the CMs for them which you wouldn't expect having seen him previously

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Hopefully, but I can't see it myself.... on 10:45 - Aug 31 with 1089 viewsitfcjoe

Hopefully, but I can't see it myself.... on 09:58 - Aug 31 by Bloots

Maybe.

Possibly.

Oh who knows.

Think Adam Clayton may be the back, and more likely, option

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Hopefully, but I can't see it myself.... on 10:50 - Aug 31 with 1033 viewschicoazul

Hopefully, but I can't see it myself.... on 10:45 - Aug 31 by itfcjoe

Think Adam Clayton may be the back, and more likely, option

New career for him? I know U2 haven’t had a good album for 25 years but thats a bit drastic.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Hopefully, but I can't see it myself.... on 10:53 - Aug 31 with 1008 viewsFBI

Hopefully, but I can't see it myself.... on 10:50 - Aug 31 by chicoazul

New career for him? I know U2 haven’t had a good album for 25 years but thats a bit drastic.

That would certainly give us the edge, especially if he signed for low wages or even Pro Bono. I'd be happy as Larry.

(NB: Can't fookin' stand U2)
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 11:00]

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Will be interesting to see how Celina has developed on 11:03 - Aug 31 with 943 viewsSwansea_Blue

It will be interesting. I'm reserving judgement on him until we see what he's like when back to fitness. last time I saw him just before his move to France he'd regessed if anything. But then we all know he's very much a confidence player. IF we can get some of that confidence back, the could make for exciting viewing. I wouldn't say we're guaranteed to see the type of player we saw first time round though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Will be interesting to see how Celina has developed on 11:11 - Aug 31 with 892 viewsunstableblue

Will be interesting to see how Celina has developed on 10:44 - Aug 31 by itfcjoe

You'd think a season under Potter at Swansea will have developed him tactically as they were very fluid in their setup - think he often played as one of the CMs for them which you wouldn't expect having seen him previously

That’s interesting Joe

Wonder if he is competition to Harper as well Burns, Fraser and Chaplin.

I quite like these two signings… fix direct issues from saturday - a failing keeper who cost us 3 points and the loss of burns on 70mins when he went lame and we had was aluko

Will be interesting to see how Celina has developed on 11:13 - Aug 31 with 877 viewsGarv

Will be interesting to see how Celina has developed on 10:33 - Aug 31 by BlueOsterClub

Well yes, but he wasn't mentioned alongside Bonne and Piggot, so he's added to those two.

We have also played with two strikers in the 9 and 10 roles so it's not impossible.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024